• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Coda

Anyone have any thoughts on Dante/Haggar. Pretty sure I'm the only one playing that team, and I'm Rank 12 online and win about 55-60 percent of my matches. I feel that Dante allows me to setup my situations/mixups and Haggar lays on the hurt once I do. But I still lose to dominant zoning teams.

Astral

Yep, and in the cases where you absolutely love say, two characters in this game, sometimes it might mean you have to split them up to optimize them or hit the lab extensively to make it work.

This is me right now basically. Morrigan and Carol don't mesh that well together besides tagging after a projectile.

Keits

Developer
I couldn't imagine playing any other way.

You have to choose your path. Do you want to do your best with characters you love? Or do you want to win? For some of us, winning is more fun or important than playing a character we think is cool. For me, which side of that argument I'm on changes with each game I play.

Skilletor

You have to choose your path. Do you want to do your best with characters you love? Or do you want to win? For some of us, winning is more fun or important than playing a character we think is cool. For me, which side of that argument I'm on changes with each game I play.

At the level most people play at, the character they choose isn't the thing preventing them from winning.

Obviously that's different for more competitive players.

Keits

Developer
At the level most people play at, the character they choose isn't the thing preventing them from winning.

Obviously that's different for more competitive players.

This is true in some ways, and false in others. All players have strengths and weaknesses, and even at a lower skill level, choosing characters that suit your personal skillset can get you winning a lot more often than picking characters you enjoy ascetically (or even picking top tiers/teams).

brian!

Anyone have any thoughts on Dante/Haggar. Pretty sure I'm the only one playing that team, and I'm Rank 12 online and win about 55-60 percent of my matches. I feel that Dante allows me to setup my situations/mixups and Haggar lays on the hurt once I do. But I still lose to dominant zoning teams.

Seems like a good team, guns and barrel can help you create space and you can use stones to shore up against the zoning. The team is a lil slow but i think it has the tools to make up for it. I think youd need to field a good dante tho, he feels like the backbone here

vg260

The trick has always been to pick one character you like and build around them. I hate Dante, but he makes Thor the best he can be, and I want to play Thor, so I'm using Thor/Dante.

I believe you. I think you perfected me online.

However, I get more satisfaction out of winning with characters I enjoy than just simply winning in almost all fighters. I just take my lumps and enjoy the wins when I can get them.

On the PS4, after the patch, I'm able to find games by searching after finding a match in training mode. Dunno about just doing it by hitting the menu option.

Neonep

Funny you would say that, I just used that team for the 1st time yesterday. It works much better than you would think.

Coda

Seems like a good team, guns and barrel can help you create space and you can use stones to shore up against the zoning. The team is a lil slow but i think it has the tools to make up for it. I think youd need to field a good dante tho, he feels like the backbone here

Yeah I've been trying to incorporate the barrels into my gameplan. Been using Reality, Time and Soul, but mainly Reality. Soul is cool in the fact that I can get Haggar life back after doing too many lariats but I still seem to lose with the Soul stone regardless of that fact. Also yeah if I lose Dante in the match it's quite the uphill battle unless the opponent doesn't have much to work with himself and I have quite a bit of health with Haggar.

Dahbomb

Dante plus anything is good in this game.

Except Dante + Chris or Ryu

We got Fall Classic, Northwest Majors and Milan Games this week for big MVCI tournaments.

There isn't going to be many people in that Milan Games Week tournament (and expect 3-4 Dantes in top 8 for that, minimum). The Fall Classic is going to be the one to watch and maybe NWM depending how many people from Norcal and Socal attend.

Not sure what's worse. Dante/RR in MVCI or ZMC in UMVC3? Either way, if you get touched then you don't get to play.

You counterswitching? I'm low levels so most people don't have counters for my counter switching, but I'm not going to sit there and eat it if I can help it.

HardRojo

Can we got back to DP motions please? I find down down to be extremely unreliable for me :( Never liked that command, even when I played She-Hulk back in MvC3. I wish there were an option to turn down down into DP.

Dahbomb

All you people complaining about down, down motions.

Now you know how people who try to do DPs feel LOL!

Dante/RR is no where close to ZMC. You aren't going to die to 3 guesses against Dante/RR.

You counterswitching? I'm low levels so most people don't have counters for my counter switching, but I'm not going to sit there and eat it if I can help it.

Yea, when I have the meter. The combo extensions and setups are just too good with that team. I played someone who was very competent with them. The lesson learned was that my team is not MAHVEL enough.

Lol how is that a thing and ultimate Web throw resets pretty much gone at the same time

Actually shouldn't that work in that scenario?

It's same concept. Both of these set ups lose to tag but if they only have 1 character left then they have to eat it.

I guess technically Spider Man can abuse it too but you need to do a combo that builds a bar.

There's no reason it shouldn't work, they just will need to be low enough. Dante wins again 😂

Don't know if the tag and super window will be long enough for the partner to get a tag combo off of it though - I don't think Parker can combo from it solo anymore but will try later tonight.

Basically, I've been cribbing other teams from other people.

Yea, when I have the meter. The combo extensions and setups are just too good with that team. I played someone who was very competent with them. The lesson learned was that my team is not MAHVEL enough.

The only way your team ain't MAHVEL enough is if you have Ryu or Chris. You just gotta find the dirty stuff for ya bois. Who do you run?

Dahbomb

You should be able to escape with activating Stone as a solo character.

I am SO glad they put in all these defensive mechanics in the game. This game would have been completely unplayable 1 player garbage otherwise.

Basically, I've been cribbing other teams from other people.

The only way your team ain't MAHVEL enough is if you have Ryu or Chris. You just gotta find the dirty stuff for ya bois. Who do you run?

Running Nova/Thanos with Reality. I got some dirty stuff but now I want to build a team with lock down supers for the tag+mixup. That's some dirty shiet.

Dahbomb

Unless you are Justin Wong ... you REALLY need a Support and a Point or a Hybrid like Dante in there. Two Points are probably not going to cut it long term, you have to lean too much on Reality and as people get better, crutch Reality users will struggle.

brian!

Ive adjusted to down down pretty ok, but im mainly using the motion in combos. I should be using zero's more in the neutral i think

Running Nova/Thanos with Reality. I got some dirty stuff but now I want to build a team with lock down supers for the tag+mixup. That's some dirty shiet.

Yeah this team seems od

Skilletor

This is true in some ways, and false in others. All players have strengths and weaknesses, and even at a lower skill level, choosing characters that suit your personal skillset can get you winning a lot more often than picking characters you enjoy ascetically (or even picking top tiers/teams).

I can dig it. I agree.

brian!

W/r/t thanos/nova, i bet you could do some tricky conditioning with the overheads since i think thanos has armor on his? Is that an overhead? But yeah i feel like beam supers are really good and thanos and nova have different enough approaches them that itll keep them on their toes. They both have kind of sneaky lows too. Nova homing proj is also prob really good with thanos tele, you can go between the empty low and overhead.

Astral

Unless you are Justin Wong ... you REALLY need a Support and a Point or a Hybrid like Dante in there. Two Points are probably not going to cut it long term, you have to lean too much on Reality and as people get better, crutch Reality users will struggle.

That's what I need to do with my Morrigan/Carol team. I have a sub Dante/ Morrigan team but I always feel bad using Dante because I can't get very creative with him (even in DMC), which is a dumb reason. I'm not sure who would complement Carol though.

Dahbomb

This isn't a DMC game you don't have to be creative with Dante, just effective. Pick a solid combo and work from there. Try to learn his moves one at a time. Jet Stream is pretty good.

HardRojo

Ok, I'm thinking of picking Ultron and someone else, would try Jedah but he's a bit tricky and I still need to feel completely comfortable with this game. Who's easy to use like Wolverine in MvC3? Also, what players should I be watching to see Ultron stuff?

shaowebb

Is there ever a valid reason not to have Dormammu on your team? Serious question because i cant think of anything he lacks.

brian!

Ok, I'm thinking of picking Ultron and someone else, would try Jedah but he's a bit tricky and I still need to feel completely comfortable with this game. Who's easy to use like Wolverine in MvC3? Also, what players should I be watching to see Ultron stuff?

Lots of good ultron footage out there, check out games from rayray and fchamp. Jedah is a good choice, i see lots of ultron/jedah online. Im still in the process of learning his more complex stuff but his basic game is pretty intuitive and the execution is pretty simple too. You'll have two of the best lvl 1 supers in the game with this team.

Ultron normal beam also beats pretty much every projectile i believe, goes straight through marvel and iron man's beam for example

And ofc drones and eviscerate together is some nasty shit

Cmd grab super is also nasty during a tag mixup if you notice them being defensive.

Dahbomb

Is there ever a valid reason not to have Dormammu on your team? Serious question because i cant think of anything he lacks.
Not everyone can play Dormammu well enough. There are going to be a lot of "bad" Dorms in this game's lifecycle. Same for Dante, there were very few good Dante in MVC3 despite being such a common character.

Dorm also still struggles with rushdown as he did in Marvel 3. Support characters like Rocket handle rushdown a lot better.

He's probably the best support right now but there is a good chance that 3C gets nerfed and then he is about as good as the other good supports.

Also there is a legitimate touch of death discovered on low HP characters using Captain Marvel and Dante. Seems like meter gain in this game is pretty high and is worth talking about.

ZeroWil

Running the same team here as well.
Still haven't been able to get the air flight combo down but I'm really liking this duo.
Been practicing Zero as an alternate to Nova, but I'm really digging Thanos so he'll probably be a permanent spot taker.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Also...

Dante is the BEST character in the game.

I am expecting 3 Dantes in top 4 of Milan (the Stone tournament).

didnt that start today? it should have been well underway since its 21:30 in Italy if so

Ryce

DK6cIbPW4AEuz4M.jpg
DK6cIbOXoAADMr-.jpg

Top Bottom