• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Jawmuncher

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that they took inspiration from Captain America: Civil War on this one and not Dino Crisis.

I mean yeah. But BW has so much more to pull from.
Dunno why they went with the Stun Baton. Like why didn’t they perhaps go with the nunchuka versions or something?

VariantX

Holy fuckballs if this had been in-game.

Capcom whyyyyy you break my heart. This should have been the art style they went for

Marvel is probably why this game is a lot less colorful than Marvel 3. Nothing pops the way it used to and its harder to seperate characters from the backgrounds.

Armigr

I mean yeah. But BW has so much more to pull from.
Dunno why they went with the Stun Baton. Like why didn’t they perhaps go with the nunchuka versions or something?

It might just be for one or a small amount of moves. Sigma's concept art also shows him with his lightsaber and I'm sure he won't be wielding it in his default pose either.

Neoxon

Yeah if the first character for the 2018 character pass isn't an X-men character, it's pretty safe to say Capcom is just content with their own slow death and is incapable of getting it in a reasonable amount of time.

More MCU characters is the last thing we need. Especially because MCU characters alone, despite their popularity and still being requested, clearly weren't enough to carry this game sales-wise.

Just now with the dumb roster asymmetry, expect 2 at MAX until later in the year or 2019, which is super lame.
Aren’t Marvel characters mostly Marvel’s call to sign off on?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Aren’t Marvel characters mostly Marvel’s call to sign off on?
Even if so, I'd argue Capcom has a responsibility to communicate at that point to them that the performance of the game is pretty clearly tied to the X-Men debacle and related PR mishaps.

Unless they really don't understand the scale of the backlash. In which point, they can't be helped.

Mugy

Second season DLC should be pure legacy characters. If 6, at least 3 had to be legacy. Something like:

Wolverine
Vision
Deadpool

Albert Wesker
Akuma
Asura

Lulubop

Oh my fucking god. I just noticed the Stun Baton for Black Widow. I really hope they’re not turning her into “Well we can’t give you Regina so this is as close as you’re getting.”

Like fuck. That’s her only form of melee combat really. So I’m unsure what they’d do with the character now if BW wields it entirely thoroughout her moveset.

whoa, that's really similar. That's it, that's her DLC!

Neoxon

Second season DLC should be pure legacy characters. If 6, at least 3 had to be legacy. Something like:

Wolverine
Vision
Deadpool

Albert Wesker
Akuma
Asura
If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 2 Marvel characters (maybe 1 MCU character, & 1 currently-non-MCU character), 4 non-UMvC3 Capcom characters, and then another pack in 2018 would have all the legacy characters. And realistically, we still have some ground to cover as far as non-Fox characters go, so I don't expect the MCU/potential-MCU representation to stop at S1.

Even if so, I'd argue Capcom has a responsibility to communicate at that point to them that the performance of the game is pretty clearly tied to the X-Men debacle and related PR mishaps.

Unless they really don't understand the scale of the backlash. In which point, they can't be helped.
That would imply that Capcom has since grown a pair. And even if they did, this is Marvel we're talking about. Bill Rosemann, Jay Ong, & Danny Koo may be reasonable, but the executives aren't.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh my fucking god. I just noticed the Stun Baton for Black Widow. I really hope they’re not turning her into “Well we can’t give you Regina so this is as close as you’re getting.”

Like fuck. That’s her only form of melee combat really. So I’m unsure what they’d do with the character now if BW wields it entirely thoroughout her moveset.

latest

its from the movie, not from some D-Tier franchise literally nobody in the world cares for or remembers characters from.

brian!

It's because they had existing cap models to work off of, if they support the game he'll prob receive a skin along those lines

kunonabi

Well except MVCI, the females are lacking in that department thus far. They are fine in the concept art but in the actual game they look on the skinny side.

Captain Marvel looks like her waist is caved in.

Concept art is better:

TNhQnQU.jpg

That concept art is the best current Captain Marvel has ever looked. I think we have a new contender for worst concept art to final product translation.

That concept art is the best current Captain Marvel has ever looked. I think we have a new contender for worst concept art to final product translation.

Nah that would be Captain America, Captain Marvel's 3d model is pretty good in contrast to Cap's 2d art -> 3d model transition

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
A shame about how bad the models are when the art is that good and is faithful to their most popular versions.

Black Panther and Venom are going to be mained by me regardless of whether they are good or bad to go along with Spidey. I like the movie design of Winter Soldier so he's on the list too.

Neoxon

A shame about how bad the models are when the art is that good and is faithful to their most popular versions.

Black Panther and Venom are going to be mained by me regardless of whether they are good or bad to go along with Spidey. I like the movie design of Winter Soldier so he's on the list too.
Black Panther came out alright if his Story Mode model is any indication.

Mugy

If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 2 Marvel characters (maybe 1 MCU character, & 1 currently-non-MCU character), 4 non-UMvC3 Capcom characters, and then another pack in 2018 would have all the legacy characters. And realistically, we still have some ground to cover as far as non-Fox characters go, so I don't expect the MCU/potential-MCU representation to stop at S1.

Well, yeah, but what its left for MCU representation left? only Falcon and Vision.

If Black Panther and Monster Hunter are any indication, the rest of the dlc characters will look great. They probably weren't outsourced like the other cast members.

Ryce

Well, yeah, but what its left for MCU representation left? only Falcon and Vision.
There's also Loki, Star-Lord, Drax, Ant-Man, Wasp, Nick Fury, a bunch of minor characters, and everyone from the TV shows (which is considered to be part of the MCU).

MrMephistoX

Wolverine
Vision
Deadpool

Albert Wesker
Akuma
Asura

That would actually suck...I’d rather see one Xmen pack to get it out of everyone’s system then nothing but new characters after that. The game already has more than enough returnees from MCV3. Give me Sentinel and I’m good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
We're back to thinking the game will have DLC beyond a season 2 huh?

Well its good to dream I guess.

Sesha

Damn the more I look at the BW art the more hyped I get. She looks really cool.

Yeah if the first character for the 2018 character pass isn't an X-men character, it's pretty safe to say Capcom is just content with their own slow death and is incapable of getting it in a reasonable amount of time.

More MCU characters is the last thing we need. Especially because MCU characters alone, despite their popularity and still being requested, clearly weren't enough to carry this game sales-wise.

Just now with the dumb roster asymmetry, expect 2 at MAX until later in the year or 2019, which is super lame.

Best prepare for more. Star-Lord, Loki and Daredevil are strong candidates, and I think Scarlet Witch and Vision have a decent chance too.

kunonabi

Falcon
Vision
Ant-Man
War Machine
Star-Lord
Drax
"Valkyrie"
Wasp

The twins are probably off the table but there are a couple villain possibilities.

That said, I don't really expect much from the MCU going forward.

I'd love to get Falcon though.

Rhaknar

so in another universe where the game sold and plans were going according to plan at Capcom / Marvel, one could theorize that Season 2 would be in the first half of 2018 probably to coincide with Infinity War, and probably to have characters that would be big in that movie like Starlord right?

IW is out in May or something?

Swmystery

Neo Member
I have a question re: X-Men DLC.

Which characters would people actually expect to be in a legacy X-Men pack/season? Is it just Magneto, Storm, Wolverine and Sentinel?

I ask because there's a big pile of X-Men characters from MVC2 and earlier that have never been rendered in 3D before- Gambit, Cyclops, Psylocke, etc- and I'd be kind of bummed if it were just the returnees from MVC3 and all of those characters continued to be ignored in the 3D era.

Rhaknar

Which characters would people actually expect to be in a legacy X-Men pack/season? Is it just Magneto, Storm, Wolverine and Sentinel?

I ask because there's a big pile of X-Men characters from MVC2 and earlier that have never been rendered in 3D before- Gambit, Cyclops, Psylocke, etc- and I'd be kind of bummed if it were just the returnees from MVC3 and all of those characters continued to be ignored in the 3D era.

Wolverine, Storm, Magneto. No Sentinel.

And nobody talks about MVC2 X-Men because those would be basically new characters, and Capcom apparently cant afford lunch money, let alone making new models and animations for characters.

badjab326

Neo Member

I wholeheartedly agree. I expect Wolverine and Mags, but I'd love an MvC2 wildcard... like
Boneclaw Wolverine
Gambit.

Falcon
Vision
Ant-Man
War Machine
Star-Lord
Drax
"Valkyrie"
Wasp

The twins are probably off the table but there are a couple villain possibilities.

Don't forget Batroc ze Leaper!

Also Loki and Hela.

Honestly, while there's probably enough gun users and veterans already, I wouldn't mind seeing Cable and Deadpool coming back together.

Blueblur1

Season 2 characters have been definitely already been decided and are probably being finished up. If Capcom didn’t already fight for X-Men in the roster then X-Men won’t show up until Season 3. That would be the last season, IMO.

Unless the game does well enough in tournaments and televised events to sell some more copies and lots of DLC. Then I could see support for Infinite continuing.

Sesha

You're gonna give Jaw fits with that.

If Black Panther and Monster Hunter are any indication, the rest of the dlc characters will look great. They probably weren't outsourced like the other cast members.

They likely were. Every character probably was. However I don't think outsourcing is the issue. It's what's happening in the polishing phase.

Movie side: Ant-Man, Wasp, Falcon, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, War Machine, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Star-Lord, Drax, Yondu, Mantis, Howard the Duck, Valkyrie, Loki, Hela, Ronan, Nebula, Korath, Baron Zemo, Baron Strucker, Crossbones, Batroc the Leaper, Vulture, Shocker, Ghost, Proxima Midnight, Black Dwarf, Ebony Maw, Corvus Glaive, Ego, the Grandmaster, the Collector, Sif, The Warriors Three, Odin, Malekith, Ulysses Klaw, Shuri, Adam Warlock.

TV side: Quake, Robbie Reyes, Black Bolt, Medusa, Maximus, Crystal, Lockjaw, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Punisher, Jessica Jones, Punisher, Hellcat, Elektra, Kingpin, Cloak & Dagger, Nico Minoru, Molly Hayes, Gert & Old Lace, Karolina Dean, Chase Stein, Squirrel Girl, Speedball, Night Thrasher, Debrii, Microbe, Mr. Immortal.

I tried sticking to ones that are also recurring characters in the comics and not one-off nobodies like Aldrich Killian.

JayEH

You're gonna give Jaw fits with that.

They likely were. Every character probably was. However I don't think outsourcing is the issue. It's what's happening in the polishing phase.

Movie side: Ant-Man, Wasp, Falcon, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Star-Lord, Drax, Yondu, Mantis, Howard the Duck, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, War Machine, Valkyrie, Loki, Hela, Ronan, Nebula, Korath, Baron Zemo, Baron Strucker, Crossbones, Batroc the Leaper, Vulture, Shocker, Ghost, Proxima Midnight, Black Dwarf, Ebony Maw, Corvus Glaive.

TV side: Quake, Robbie Reyes, Black Bolt, Medusa, Maximus, Crystal, Lockjaw, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Punisher, Jessica Jones, Hellcat, Elektra, Kingpin, Cloak & Dagger, Nico Minoru, Molly Hayes, Gert & Old Lace, Karolina Dean, Chase Stein, Squirrel Girl, Speedball, Night Thrasher, Debrii, Microbe, Mr. Immortal.

so X men characters in 2045 nice. Can't wait.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Yo, anyone have a link to the modding discord? Or, y'know a link to any tools? I wanna rip some artworks and stuff from the game for the Wiki.

Sou Da

Falcon
Vision
Ant-Man
War Machine
Star-Lord
Drax
"Valkyrie"
Wasp

Oh fuck with those quotation marks.

Top Bottom