• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Falcon
Vision
Ant-Man
War Machine
Star-Lord
Drax
"Valkyrie"
Wasp

The twins are probably off the table but there are a couple villain possibilities.

That said, I don't really expect much from the MCU going forward.

I'd love to get Falcon though.

why exactly are you putting quotation marks on Valkyrie?

badjab326

Neo Member
Movie side: Ant-Man, Wasp, Falcon, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, War Machine, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Star-Lord, Drax, Yondu, Mantis, Howard the Duck, Valkyrie, Loki, Hela, Ronan, Nebula, Korath, Baron Zemo, Baron Strucker, Crossbones, Batroc the Leaper, Vulture, Shocker, Ghost, Proxima Midnight, Black Dwarf, Ebony Maw, Corvus Glaive, Ego, the Grandmaster, the Collector, Sif, The Warriors Three, Odin, Malekith.

TV side: Quake, Robbie Reyes, Black Bolt, Medusa, Maximus, Crystal, Lockjaw, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Punisher, Jessica Jones, Hellcat, Elektra, Kingpin, Cloak & Dagger, Nico Minoru, Molly Hayes, Gert & Old Lace, Karolina Dean, Chase Stein, Squirrel Girl, Speedball, Night Thrasher, Debrii, Microbe, Mr. Immortal.

I tried sticking to ones that are also recurring characters in the comics and not one-off nobodies like Aldrich Killian.
You put Maria Hill twice. Just imagine if she was announced as DLC lol.

I would rather have around 14 of the characters from those lists than what we got/are getting.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Black Panther came out alright if his Story Mode model is any indication.

I've only seen the chest-and-up pic of him from the end of one of the trailers, he looked alright there although I wasn't digging the cape. Concept art at least gives the indication that he doesn't fight with it on.

Mugy

Yeah guys i mean we do have a lot of MCU characters left, but for example can any of you guys believe that, outside from:

Vision
Star-Lord
Drax
Nick Fury
Black Bolt
Medusa
Falco
Ant-Man

Cmon, you guys cannot believe that we are going to get any characters from the MCU outside those. Im fact, im surprised we got Gamora instead of Star-Lord in the games. Completely honest

Sesha

^I just listed all notables I could think of.

Shame Thunderbolts haven't gotten a movie yet. I really want Songbird and Baron Zemo.

Swmystery

Neo Member
Yeah guys i mean we do have a lot of MCU characters left, but for example can any of you guys believe that, outside from:

Vision
Star-Lord
Drax
Nick Fury
Black Bolt
Medusa
Falco
Ant-Man

Cmon, you guys cannot believe that we are going to get any characters from the MCU outside those. Im fact, im surprised we got Gamora instead of Star-Lord in the games. Completely honest

We'll get Loki long before Medusa or Drax, surely?

MrMephistoX

Vision
Star-Lord
Drax
Nick Fury
Black Bolt
Medusa
Falco
Ant-Man

If I had to guess they’ll probably do The rest of the Guardians (Starlord and Drax)...Yondu would be pretty awesome if he was just magic arrow based. They’d also probably prioritize Ant Man before Wanda and Pietro or Vision and the rest of the Avengers. Still there’s a pretty deep well of supporting Avengers to draw from while we’re at it....personally I’d take fucking Beast over Wolverine if they’re restricted on X-men he’s never been in a Marvel game and was a long time Avenger...Storm too I think.

I’m pretty sure we’re getting Death and MODOK at some point since they went to the trouble of making the character models and they play a role in story mode...seems like a lot of wasted effort if they don’t appear at some point. Daredevil just kinda sat there in MVC3 and didn’t have this level of detail put in.

Neoxon

Well, yeah, but what its left for MCU representation left? only Falcon and Vision.
  • Star-Lord
  • Loki
  • Falcon
  • Vision
  • Daredevil
  • Iron Fist
  • Jessica Jones
  • Luke Cage
  • Quake
  • Black Bolt
  • Medusa
  • Hela
  • Quicksilver*
  • Scarlet Witch*
  • Ant-Man**
  • Wasp
  • Nick Fury
  • Elektra
  • Punisher
  • Drax
  • Yondu
  • Nebula
  • Ronan
  • Adam Warlock
  • Cloak & Dagger
  • Baron Zemo
  • Squirrel Girl
  • Valkyrie
  • Nico Minoru
  • War Machine
* = The Fox ban won't be a problem next year, so.....yeah.
** = We have evidence that Capcom at least attempted to get this character in, so this character was likely cut due to technical reasons.

Sesha

You put Maria Hill twice. Just imagine if she was announced as DLC lol.

I would rather have around 14 of the characters from those lists than what we got/are getting.

I know. I fixed it already.

I'd love Hela, Ghost, Zemo, Cloak & Dagger, the Runaways, Squirrel Girl, MCU Valkyrie, Robbie Reyes, and Shuri.

Neoxon

I have a question re: X-Men DLC.

Which characters would people actually expect to be in a legacy X-Men pack/season? Is it just Magneto, Storm, Wolverine and Sentinel?

I ask because there's a big pile of X-Men characters from MVC2 and earlier that have never been rendered in 3D before- Gambit, Cyclops, Psylocke, etc- and I'd be kind of bummed if it were just the returnees from MVC3 and all of those characters continued to be ignored in the 3D era.
Probably Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto, & Storm amongst the veterans. There's also a chance for fan-requested mutants who weren't in UMvC3 like Gambit, Cyclops, & Psylocke (as you suggested).

MrMephistoX

• Star-Lord
  • Loki
  • Falcon
  • Vision
  • Daredevil
  • Iron Fist
  • Jessica Jones
  • Luke Cage
  • Quake
  • Black Bolt
  • Medusa
  • Hela
  • Quicksilver*
  • Scarlet Witch*
  • Ant-Man**
  • Wasp
  • Nick Fury
  • Elektra
  • Punisher
  • Drax
  • Yondu
  • Nebula
  • Ronan
  • Adam Warlock
  • Cloak & Dagger
  • Baron Zemo
  • Squirrel Girl
  • Valkyrie
  • Nico Minoru
* = The Fox ban won't be a problem next year, so.....yeah.
** = We have evidence that Capcom at least attempted to get this character in, so this character was likely cut due to technical reasons.

What do you mean by the FOX ban won’t be a problem? Has there been an update not questioning you I just really want to see the news!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Can't wait for Regina in MvC

re78u96.png

tenor.gif

Perineum

Went on a win streak last night and go out of begin league. I'll miss feeling god like lol.

Ultron and Thanos is a great team. Throw in reality stone and you can set them up for days.

Sesha

I'm gonna be sad if the DLC is mostly MCU and veterans, X-Men and F4 included. Really not keen on having a deluge of old X-Men besides the bare essentials when chars like Nightcrawler have never been playable.

MrMephistoX

MvCI & Lego Marvel 2 were still hit by the ban for their base rosters due to when they started development, but both games can still receive X-Men as DLC.

And it looks like Rycce (one of the devs for MvCI) implied on twitter that they signed a deal for DLC albeit too late for them to be included in season 1 or 2017. If this is true it’s really unfair for folks to be criticizing developers for the lack of X-men...that’s all on Marvel Entertainment (the dick branch in NYC led by Ike Pulmeter) not the folks in L.A at studios and the MCU. I’m pretty sure anyone who cared about the game would have included wolverine at launch if they could have.

Neoxon

I'm gonna be sad if the DLC is mostly MCU and veterans, X-Men and F4 included. Really not keen on having a deluge of old X-Men besides the bare essentials when chars like Nightcrawler have never been playable.
It doesn't help that the bare essentials are indeed veterans as far as Fox characters go. There's also a very real possibility that the F4 characters may not make it. They may have been approved back when Ryce heard about it, but perhaps the doubling-down on the F4 ban may have still impacted MvCI.

And it looks like one of the devs for MvCI implied on twitter that they signed a deal for DLC albeit too late for them to be included in season 1 or 2017. If this is true it's really unfair for folks to be criticizing developers for the lack of X-men...that's all on Marvel Entertainment (the dick branch in NYC led by Ike Pulmeter) not the folks in L.A at studios and the MCU. I'm pretty sure anyone who cared about the game would have included wolverine at launch if they could have.
A good chunk of people blame Marvel. But as you said, it's Marvel Entertainment's executives who are to blame, not Marvel Games. But you are most likely right, we'd at least have Wolverine if Capcom or Marvel Games could do anything about it.

Compbros

What do you mean by the FOX ban won’t be a problem? Has there been an update not questioning you I just really want to see the news!

They relaxed their stance and many mobile games have done updates that include new X-men including Marvel Puzzle Quest adding Rogue just this week.

Perineum

For me personally the roster for this game will be fantastic when all the DLC completes.

However, I still wish Firebrand had been Asura, and I wish Chris had been Leon.

Marvel side is in good shape, but if I had to ditch someone I would say Hawkeye could've been scrapped. Heck he was on my main roster in UMvC3, but the game wouldn't be lacking in anything if he was gone from the base, and instead we had something more interesting like Daredevil.

NEO0MJ

No new character was denied in order to give those two two a place. You'd have to go back to UMvC3 and pick someone from that roster who didn't get to appear in Infinite, like Tron or Wesker.

Jawmuncher

I just care about the capcom side which is hella lacking in hype. I’m all about capcom and my team is currently all marvel. Shits fucked up.

Neonep

No new character was denied in order to give those two two a place. You'd have to go back to UMvC3 and pick someone from that roster who didn't get to appear in Infinite, like Tron or Wesker.
Replace Firebrand & Nemesis with Wesker & Vergil.

Neonep

For me personally the roster for this game will be fantastic when all the DLC completes.

Marvel side is in good shape, but if I had to ditch someone I would say Hawkeye could've been scrapped. Heck he was on my main roster in UMvC3, but the game wouldn't be lacking in anything if he was gone from the base, and instead we had something more interesting like Daredevil.
See that's the thing about the Marvel side. The number of characters limited them more than the characters themselves. I can understand why every single Marvel character is in the game.

Jawmuncher

Nemesis is their big boy so they kept him so they have an opposite of Hulk

Firebrand was definitely just because of his flying oriented moveset

Much like how Spencer was mainly for his long distance grapples.

Neonep

Nemesis is their big boy so they kept him so they have an opposite of Hulk

Firebrand was definitely just because of his flying oriented moveset

Much like how Spencer was mainly for his long distance grapples.
All tbose characters suck though and aren't hype. That reasoning is one of the reasons this game is bombing.

Lulubop

I just care about the capcom side which is hella lacking in hype. I'm all about capcom and my team is currently all marvel. Shits fucked up.

It's over bro, it's over wishing for certain characters. This game is a dud and any future dlc characters are going to be extremely safe. It's going to be Xmen, Doom and the most popular characters Capcom can find.

Wesker is like the dryest character in 3. Dude, you're like totally bias.

JayEH

It's over bro, it's over wishing for certain characters. This game is a dud and any future dlc characters are going to be extremely safe. It's going to be Xmen, Doom and the most popular characters Capcom can find.

I knew if Gene didn't make it in the base roster or 2017 dlc he would have no chance after we saw the final roster. Fucking sucks.

Jawmuncher

All tbose characters suck though and aren't hype. That reasoning is one of the reasons this game is bombing.

I didn’t say I agreed with it. Just that’s obviously why they did it. Though going by the general reaction they shouldn’t have put functions first in a “fan-service” game

Wesker is like the dryest character in 3. Dude, you're like totally bias.

I don’t even know who’d be popular for capcom newcomer wise. They haven’t had any real big new ips lately. Or new fan favorites. They’d have to pull from the vaults when it comes to newcomers.

JayEH

I didn’t say I agreed with it. Just that’s obviously why they did it. Though going by the general reaction they shouldn’t have put functions first in a “fan-service” game

Well they made the right call for the budget they were given. Having a game with no big characters wouldn't be fun for example.

I don’t even know who’d be popular for capcom newcomer wise. They haven’t had any real big new ips lately. Or new fan favorites. They’d have to pull from the vaults when it comes to newcomers

I hope you like SF and DS characters.

Lulubop

I don’t even know who’d be popular for capcom newcomer wise. They haven’t had any real big new ips lately. Or new fan favorites. They’d have to pull from the vaults when it comes to newcomers.

Why do you think they're going to have newcomers lol? Vergil, Wesker and Pheonix are already popular characters and will be cheaper to put in this. Through in Ammy in you need a female, Okami HD is on the way too.

Jawmuncher

Like IMO at this point capcom needs to be the opposite of marvel for their roster. They’re the zany side casuals don’t know about. They need to go back to those sort of picks. Stuff like Asura and Gene would be good. Since they’d be like this gens Jin and Hayato.

That’s the kind of picks their roster needs. Dudes that’ll please hardcore fanbase while still being interesting to those who don’t know shit about the character. In MVC3 Vergil and Wesker kinda filled that role. Even if they’re far more popular.

Why do you think they're going to have newcomers lol? Vergil, Wesker and Pheonix are already popular characters and will be cheaper to put in this. Through in Ammy in you need a female, Okami HD is on the way too.

I’m sure Season 2 with it’s more than likely 4 capcom and 2 marvel characters will be a lot of returnees. But I doubt they give up on newcomers. That’s potentially where the most money lies in fan service games I’d say.

Top Bottom