• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

I thought Nova's playstyle looked pretty plain in UMVC3, but changing the Nova Force to blue makes me like watching his moves, especially since his level 3 is pretty dope.

Nice that they're using the classic Venom design, more or less.

lift.png
👀

Dahbomb

Well except MVCI, the females are lacking in that department thus far. They are fine in the concept art but in the actual game they look on the skinny side.

Captain Marvel looks like her waist is caved in.

Concept art is better:

TNhQnQU.jpg

I feel like looking at that great concept art is setting myself up for disappointment in regards to how these characters will actually look in-game(barring Sigma and BP).

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Huh...I dont think there is any patching that out without some kind of infinite protection detection implementing in general. So far I've seen this, the Ghost Rider wall throw loop, Ice shot into punch loop with MMX (pretty much the same as the spidey infinite), and I'm still expecting more.

Game is moving fast.

The X ice loop was only in the E3 demo build, and the Rider loop was in the pre release unpatched version.

Jawmuncher

Venom keeping his old design is cool. All he needs is a clue color as an alt and we’re good to go.
Not surprised about WS and BW. Literally looks like they’re ripped out of Civil War

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
actually glad they are going with the blue neon look from Civil War, at least its not just a black body suit.

badjab326

Neo Member
Loving the Venom, Sigma, and BP art. I have to wonder if they actually had parity at first and then realized they had such few female characters and were like "Oh shit, move up the only female from next season and postpone Gene."

Sesha

BP and Widow look great. Oh how I wish the models looked more like the art work. Even though BP and Carol looks good in game, they look even better here.

I'm eh on WS and Venom. Good for the people that wanted them, and I don't want to take that from them, but at the same time I would have preferred Agent Venom.

That said, I look forward to the trailers. I'm sure they'll all look great.

Raitaro

In terms of maintaining or even increasing the visual variety of the roster, them choosing to add 4 out of the 6 first new characters with almost completely black outfits is not the smartest thing one could argue...let alone making 2 ouf of those 4 wield dual pistols...

I mean, save for his arm and her stun baton, Winter Soldier and Black Widow look like they could have been selectable alts for one single character imo. I never understood the appeal of Widow in the MCU either to be honest, beyond her sex appeal as a red-headed assassin for many viewers of course. Same goes for the new (aka not visually distinct or appealing) version of Hawkeye to be honest.

Sigma, Black Panther and MonHun do look cool though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How is this done? Like what do i need to edit in the pc ver to get the game to look like this?

what?

edit: oh you mean the Captain Marvel picture...I thought that was a painting at first then I noticed the AIMbrella background. Yeah some details on what that is would be nice instead of just posting it with no info.

Intense Downsampling
UE4 / CheatEngine hacks to change the camera location
Most likely post processing effects. Think SweetFX or ENG.
Possibly some touching up after the image has been captured.

Mugy

Does Black Widow use a stun baton in the comics?

Mostly. What impress me the most is the fact she's not using the bracelets guns.

Seeing the DLC roster, its basically MCU. So again, with no intentions of complaining, one had to ask:

Why they didn't put the Vision in the game, its just so easy to see him being playable.

Mostly. What impress me the most is the fact she's not using the bracelets guns.

Seeing the DLC roster, its basically MCU. So again, with no intentions of complaining, one had to ask:

Why they didn't put the Vision in the game, its just so easy to see him being playable.
She probably will in one of her moves.

Tizoc

Intense Downsampling

Thank you, I'll read up more on it in coming days to see if I can replicate it on my rig.

Mugy

Falcon, Vision, etc. I mean Falcon its good just to think his moveset, similar to probably Batman in Injustice 2.

I can't see vision getting in. And I'm betting some of the dlc will slide to x men. I guess it depends on marvels future.

(Young) cyclops incoming.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
#LEAKS

Found from a modding discord, files were in the game apparently.
These all look really good, par for the course for this game's artwork I guess.

Biggest sigh of relief is that Venom isn't anti-Venom or Agent Venom or one of his stupider designs.

Intense Downsampling
By the looks of things, a lot of that last one especially.

jett

D-Member
Capcom is gonna have to increase this game's waifu quotient if they expect to survive on DLC.

Honestly I don't understand why there are so few women in this game to begin with.

JayEH

Capcom is gonna have to increase this game's waifu quotient if they expect to survive on DLC.

Honestly I don't understand why there are so few women in this game to begin with.

They picked characters based on functions and I guess a lot of males covered the functions they needed.

jett

D-Member
Intense Downsampling

This is what DET uses:

In-engine tonemapping and depth of field control
Assembly hacks for free camera, postprocessing, timestop, mesh control
SRWE for high-resolution hotsampling

Jawmuncher

Oh my fucking god. I just noticed the Stun Baton for Black Widow. I really hope they’re not turning her into “Well we can’t give you Regina so this is as close as you’re getting.”

Like fuck. That’s her only form of melee combat really. So I’m unsure what they’d do with the character now if BW wields it entirely thoroughout her moveset.

Blueblur1

No more MCU people, please. Bring in X-Men and other Marvel characters that aren’t the same 10 characters Marvel features in their movies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
No more MCU people, please. Bring in X-Men and other Marvel characters that aren’t the same 10 characters Marvel puts in their movies.
Yeah if the first character for the 2018 character pass isn't an X-men character, it's pretty safe to say Capcom is just content with their own slow death and is incapable of getting it in a reasonable amount of time.

More MCU characters is the last thing we need. Especially because MCU characters alone, despite their popularity and still being requested, clearly weren't enough to carry this game sales-wise.

Just now with the dumb roster asymmetry, expect 2 at MAX until later in the year or 2019, which is super lame.

Def down for Natasha in the AOU suit. Bucky is aight but he definitely cut some people in line. Sometimes they justify picks by just making them super fun to play. See Gamora, who is cool but also cut some characters in line. Totally glad she did.

Panther 🙏 and Venom ✌️ as long as they're fun it'll be dope.

Armigr

Oh my fucking god. I just noticed the Stun Baton for Black Widow. I really hope they’re not turning her into “Well we can’t give you Regina so this is as close as you’re getting.”

Like fuck. That’s her only form of melee combat really. So I’m unsure what they’d do with the character now if BW wields it entirely thoroughout her moveset.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that they took inspiration from Captain America: Civil War on this one and not Dino Crisis.

Top Bottom