• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

kirblar

I don't expect Wesker to make it. He's a character based on constant teleport movement in a game with way bigger models and a smaller screen size.

Ryce

Some obscure veterans like Amaterasu might come back, but I honestly don't foresee any of the DLC Capcom newcomers coming from minor unrepresented games. We're going to get a small handful of characters pulled from Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, Mega Man, Devil May Cry, and Darkstalkers, and that's it.

Lulubop

I don't think they'll go that way when they have popular characters from 3 that they don't have to make from scratch.

Any new comer will be from MM/RE/SF and if we're lucky DS.

sephi22

kirblar

We know where the Space Stone is going to be flipping to now!

This is what happens when you don't announce this stuff in advance.

Forward

This can't be real right? I feel like r/Kappa's mistaken. I'll put the link in spoiler if you don't want to click it.

Title:
ONLY 8 players show up for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite - Battle for the Stones, they're going straight to TOP 8.
Bracket: http://challonge.com/MGW_MvCi

The claim is that this is supposed to be a 64 man tourney and they got only 8 people.

MvC:I kind of gives new meaning to RTSD.

Jawmuncher

Some obscure veterans like Amaterasu might come back, but I honestly don't foresee any of the DLC Capcom newcomers coming from minor unrepresented games. We're going to get a small handful of characters pulled from Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, Mega Man, Devil May Cry, and Darkstalkers, and that's it.

So weird to see this and see darkstalkers.
Series lives off VS. games now like a leech

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
We had already talked about how that Milan tournament barely had enough ppl. That stone stuff should have been all in US, another blunder as clearly they expected the game to be a worldwide phenomenon and...welp...

JayEH

I don't think they'll go that way when they have popular characters from 3 that they don't have to make from scratch.

Any new comer will be from MM/RE/SF and if we're lucky DS.

At least there's a chance I can get Nero...nah but yeah I agree with both of these.

This can't be real right? I feel like r/Kappa's mistaken. I'll put the link in spoiler if you don't want to click it.

Title:
ONLY 8 players show up for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite - Battle for the Stones, they're going straight to TOP 8.
Bracket: http://challonge.com/MGW_MvCi

The claim is that this is supposed to be a 64 man tourney and they got only 8 people.

LMAO. Yeah if this keeps up they're killing it after this year.

Dahbomb

I don't expect Wesker to make it. He's a character based on constant teleport movement in a game with way bigger models and a smaller screen size.
What are you talking about?

This game already has 4 teleporters and their teleports are better than
Wesker's. His teleports are always a set distance and kinda laggy especially in the air.

Real problem with Wesker in this game would be that command grabs kinda scale too much and they nerfed wave dashing. He wouldn't perform too well in this game without some buffs.

VariantX

And it looks like Rycce (one of the devs for MvCI) implied on twitter that they signed a deal for DLC albeit too late for them to be included in season 1 or 2017. If this is true it’s really unfair for folks to be criticizing developers for the lack of X-men...that’s all on Marvel Entertainment (the dick branch in NYC led by Ike Pulmeter) not the folks in L.A at studios and the MCU. I’m pretty sure anyone who cared about the game would have included wolverine at launch if they could have.

Not having wolverine on the marvel side is literally the equivalent of capcom not having ryu in the base roster. Logan has been there from day one all the way back to children of the atom. Powerful forces were definitely at work keeping him off the roster. Capcom might have under delivered on their side of things too, but damn they at least had ryu and dante and finally answered the demand for X after MVC3 lacked ANY version of Mega Man.

brian!

Vergil is the best character Capcom has made since 2005. Think about that for a second.

hakan
latest

kirblar

What are you talking about?

This game already has 4 teleporters and their teleports are better than
Wesker's. His teleports are always a set distance and kinda laggy especially in the air.

Real problem with Wesker in this game would be that command grabs kinda scale too much and they nerfed wave dashing. He wouldn't perform too well in this game without some buffs.
They all have set teleports relative to the opponent a la Dhalsim. Without a wide open screen and small characters Wesker's movement and gameplay style would be very difficult to make work in MvCI.

wille9

Recent sells of the game would give a strong indication,that a season 2 for it is highly unlikely! It's strange to me why would Capcom, even bother to develop this game if they knew it was going to be a major flop!

kirblar

Recent sells of the game would give a strong indication,that a season 2 for it is highly unlikely! It's strange to me why would Capcom, even bother to develop this game if they knew it was going to be a major flop!
You don't really understand development timelines, do you.

badjab326

Neo Member
At least they got a rep into TvC
I honestly think the TvC Capcom side was better than MvC3 and MvC:I. Not UMVC3 though.

Batsu, Soki, Saki, an interesting Megaman moveset, Alex, Frank West before he was big, a Lost Planet Mech.

I mean in terms of representation and zaniness they totally nailed it with that game.

Jawmuncher

Going by the "popular" franchises i'd guess

Street Fighter
Juri - Most popular SF4 newcomer
Rashid - Most popular pick for SFV rep

Resident Evil
- Wesker (Unless the teleportation really can't be reworked
- Leon just because people don't shut up about him

Monster Hunter
-Nothing. MH already encompasses different weapons in her movelist. Not leaving much room unless they pull from Monster Hunter Stories or something.

Mega Man
-Tron Bonne and no one else. Already hitting 3 MM characters and this would be the fourth. Doubt they push to 5.

Devil May Cry
- Vergil comes back
- Trish comes back
Nothing else to really work with outside maybe lady

Darkstalkers
- Felecia
-Hsien Ko
Just another usage of a lot of what was left over from UMVC3. Since the addition of those 2 basically covers the most popular characters from that series.

This would be my realistic expectations which is rather sad. Because if they end up being so reliant on returning characters. The capcom side will continue to be lacking. Hunter Sigma, X, and Jedah aren't enough to prop up the capcom side into hypeville.

Lulubop

Going by the "popular" franchises i'd guess

Street Fighter
Juri - Most popular SF4 newcomer
Rashid - Most popular pick for SFV rep

Resident Evil
- Wesker (Unless the teleportation really can't be reworked
- Leon just because people don't shut up about him

Monster Hunter
-Nothing. MH already encompasses different weapons in her movelist. Not leaving much room unless they pull from Monster Hunter Stories or something.

Mega Man
-Tron Bonne and no one else. Already hitting 3 MM characters and this would be the first. Doubt they push to 5.

Devil May Cry
- Vergil comes back
- Trish comes back
Nothing else to really work with outside maybe lady

Darkstalkers
- Felecia
-Hsien Ko
Just another usage of a lot of what was left over from UMVC3. Since the addition of those 2 basically covers the most popular characters from that series.

This would be my realistic expectations which is rather sad. Because if they end up being so reliant on returning characters. The capcom side will continue to be lacking. Hunter Sigma, X, and Jedah aren't enough to prop up the capcom side into hypeville.

You can add in Phoenix and Ammy I think but ya.

Ryce

Monster Hunter
Felyne is ridiculously popular in Japan and is practically the company's mascot. It could easily have a unique moveset with a pickaxe, boomerang, bombs, traps, and bait drops that summon monsters. It'd be more like a cross between Rocket Raccoon, Viewtiful Joe, and MvC2 Jill than anything like Monster Hunter.

Jawmuncher

"Nothing else to really work with outside maybe lady"

EnergeticWideeyedBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif

Never heard of him

Felyne is ridiculously popular in Japan and is practically the company's mascot. It could easily have a unique moveset with a pickaxe, boomerang, bombs, traps, and bait drops that summon monsters.

I thought about that. But I dunno. I mean it would give Marvel their own sort of Rocket Raccoon character. But at the same time I don't see them really pushing it. Then again we got firebrand so who knows.

Do we really want to see Ammy in the MvC:I artstyle?

I think this and perhaps what ryce said about character hit boxes or whatever it was. Might be why she might not come back.

I wonder if the DLC characters in 2018 will exceed 6.

If they're REALLY reliant on bringing back a lot of characters from UMVC3 I would hope so.

Dahbomb

They all have set teleports relative to the opponent a la Dhalsim. Without a wide open screen and small characters Wesker's movement and gameplay style would be very difficult to make work in MvCI.
It's not difficult to reproduce, you just shorten his teleport distance if you actually need to.

And he wasn't great in UMVC3 either, he will be even worse in MVCI.

Ryce

I think this and perhaps what ryce said about character hit boxes or whatever it was. Might be why she might not come back.
I think that was Keits, but I don't see how that could possibly be an issue in a game where Nemesis vs. Rocket Raccoon is possible.

Top Bottom