• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Did something happen on the stream?

BMike said it hosting this stream was outside their control, so they had to make a new Twitch account to host the shit going forward. Which means Marvel probably doesn't want this shit on Capcom's stuff just yet. I'm thinking they haven't finalized stuff with Marvel in terms of how content is done moving forward and until then, they gotta work with this shit.

Marvel isn't necessarily backing out but it'd be kinda nice to just let Capcom do their own thing here.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
BMike said it hosting this stream was outside their control, so they had to make a new Twitch account to host the shit going forward. Which means Marvel probably doesn't want this shit on Capcom's stuff just yet. I'm thinking they haven't finalized stuff with Marvel in terms of how content is done moving forward and until then, they gotta work with this shit.

Marvel isn't necessarily backing out but it'd be kinda nice to just let Capcom do their own thing here.

And once again, everything about this game has been handled in the worst way imaginable. :(

JayEH

I’m just shitposting really but this isn’t a good look for the game. The entire BFTS hasn’t been a good look. 2/3 tournaments have barely any entrants and the character diversity is horrible. I don’t know how marvel and capcom didn’t come to an agreement about streaming and archives either if esports was supposed to be big from the start.

^yes capcom got the short end of the stick for this game. They of course have their own share of the blame but marvel isn’t helping.

Dahbomb

You can't control characer diversity.

Even if the game was perfectly balanced then a majority of people would use Dante and Zero because they are popular as hell characters.

sinkfla87

You can't control characer diversity.

Even if the game was perfectly balanced then a majority of people would use Dante and Zero because they are popular as hell characters.

Plus we're only a month into the game's lifespan. I'm sure we'll see more interesting picks as time goes on.

Dahbomb

Plus we're only a month into the game's lifespan. I'm sure we'll see more interesting picks as time goes on.
Usually it's the opposite, tiers become more compact as the game progresses.

However we are going to have patches in the near future so character roster will be rotating around at least until EVO. And most characters in the game aren't even bad.

JusDoIt

Capcom All-Stars or SEGA Vs. Capcom would be awesome.

Darkstalkers vs. Street Fighter: The Comicbook: The Game

(It just occured to me that between FrakeNash, Phantom Bison, and whatever the hell monster Necalli is supposed to be that Street Fighter V is actually Darkstalkers 4, so there’s no need for a crossover really)

Zero-ELEC

Banned

However we are going to have patches in the near future so character roster will be rotating around at least until EVO. And most characters in the game aren't even bad.

Except Chris and Ryu.

Ryu will never be viable in a Marvel game. ;_;

Dahbomb

Except Chris and Ryu.

Ryu will never be viable in a Marvel game. ;_;
Ryu is what he is supposed to be in the game, which is an entry level character for newbies and is a noob trap. He is bad because that is his design. They are never going to give Ryu advance mechanics in a VS game because it defeats the function of Ryu.

Chris though is a tragedy. He is very much docked by the mechanics of the game. I think Hawkeye is in the same bracket as Chris too only Hawkeye is a lot better off than Chris.

FSLink

Banned
Ryu is what he is supposed to be in the game, which is an entry level character for newbies and is a noob trap. He is bad because that is his design. They are never going to give Ryu advance mechanics in a VS game because it defeats the function of Ryu.

Chris though is a tragedy. He is very much docked by the mechanics of the game. I think Hawkeye is in the same bracket as Chris too only Hawkeye is a lot better off than Chris.

And yet Ryu has SRK motions being the newbie character. /sign C'mon Capcom.

Also Kazunoko clearly used the Time Stone to go back in time and make that comeback. Good lord.

Jokes aside looks like the Time Stone cancels out other stones during the Battle of the Stones tourney.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Wow, the Time Stone in Battle for the Stones is fuckingnothing.gif embodied.

It allows the user to stop others from using their BftS stone. That's it.

Uhhh I think that means actual stone gauge and not the outside stones, I think.

Wait nevermind I guess it's outside. But it said during the match so I'm confused.

Ryu TVC UAS was pretty fucking cool. Give UMvC3 Ryu an airdash, make Denjin not useless and he becomes a problem.

I'm hoping they give Infinite a SFV style resurrection. Won't be easy and the shit's only been out a month but yeah. They aren't instilling confidence.

And screw yall talking mess about Hawkeye, he's still super fun T_T I can feel the salt that an ice arrow combo produces. Lawry's invested in that shit.

Time Stone (in the game) is still my fave. "Optimized" combos and stupid resets are great.

sinkfla87

Well I think most if not all top tiers will obviously still be utilized, but we will start to see some unexpected choices eventually just not all the time. It happened only a few times with 3 but I feel like this game is more balanced, bullshit aside. Even the worst stuff here IMO doesn't compare to Hidden Missiles. People are starting to figure out how to deal with bed of thorns. And by figure out, I mean pick Rocket! Haha.

I'm going to take Frank West to the top! :(

FSLink

Banned
Uhhh I think that means actual stone gauge and not the outside stones, I think.

Wait nevermind I guess it's outside. But it said during the match so I'm confused.

yjkxqnL.png

I think they mean match like a "set".

Sad that Killer Kai couldn't take the Time Stone but Kazunoko being there will make things interesting, nice to have Japan have a representative there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so Justin disapointed in his first torunament outing? >_>

Hey everyone. So I work at Target. In an effort to make shelf space for new games, my Target discontinues "older" games and puts them on sale. I put "older" in quotes because the stuff they do discontinue is usually pretty new. I imagine that it's because games are releasing so quickly that they're struggling to keep up. Regardless, they just discontinued the Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite steelbook for both PS4 and XB1. That means it gets put on sale 30% off. Then I get an additional 15% off because I work there. So about 45% off. My question is: Is it worth getting at that price? And if so, which platform is better? I have both platforms. If it helps, I own all the other MvCs and while I'm not a huge fan of the series, I do have an interest in the game despite all the negative things I hear. I'm just wondering if people think it's worth it to wait. I haven't been keeping up with the game, so I just wanted to know and thought this was the best place to ask. Thanks in advance!!

JayEH

At that price for the deluxe edition I'd say go for it. Get it on PS4, it's the only platform that has a decent player base right now.

I actually forgot this game came out for the Xbox One until that post. I wonder how that version's playerbase is...

what you'd expect it to be from what I read.

Dahbomb

So I have a question about the battle for the stones final.

We know that when you lose with a Stone, you give up your stone to the winner.

Each side of the bracket has 3 stones each. That means that when two players meet in Winners Finals... they will each have 3 stones each.

However, the person who wins in Winners Finals will have ALL the stones going into the Grand Finals. That's a big advantage for the person in Grand finals.

Note that you can only use one Stone per set though. So even if you have 6, you have to choose one to use.

At that price for the deluxe edition I'd say go for it. Get it on PS4, it's the only platform that has a decent player base right now.

what you'd expect it to be from what I read.

Oh wow. Ok. PS4 then. There's no chance for a GOTY/Season 2/Super version I take it? Because that's a bit of a concern for me

Vanish

Hey everyone. So I work at Target. In an effort to make shelf space for new games, my Target discontinues "older" games and puts them on sale. I put "older" in quotes because the stuff they do discontinue is usually pretty new. I imagine that it's because games are releasing so quickly that they're struggling to keep up. Regardless, they just discontinued the Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite steelbook for both PS4 and XB1. That means it gets put on sale 30% off. Then I get an additional 15% off because I work there. So about 45% off. My question is: Is it worth getting at that price? And if so, which platform is better? I have both platforms. If it helps, I own all the other MvCs and while I'm not a huge fan of the series, I do have an interest in the game despite all the negative things I hear. I'm just wondering if people think it's worth it to wait. I haven't been keeping up with the game, so I just wanted to know and thought this was the best place to ask. Thanks in advance!!

honestly, while I think everything surrounding the gameplay is shit, the gamplay itself is amazing and tons of fun as long as youre willing to learn the mechanics and characters. For me personally, it's the most fun I've had with a game all year but I'm a MvC fanboy. I play on the Xbox One and while I have no problem finding matches, I imagine the playerbase is bigger on the PS4.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think he read the clickbait eventhubs article where it says Kaz won the time stone (because Justin couldn't win it because he's in the stones tournament already).

Not eventhubs but this thread talking about Kazunoko so I thought that meant he won, forgot that Justin can't win the stone.

Dahbomb

Pretty bad character variety in that top 8.

5 Dante

3 Dormammu
3 Zero
3 Ultron

1 Nova
1 Morrigan
1 Haggar
1 Nemesis

I don't know all of the Stones used but it was mostly Reality/Space.

At this point Dante about to got eviscerated in whatever balance patch they will cook up. Then again this is old stuff for Dante, he got eviscerated to support character only in UMVC3.

Zissou

Pretty bad character variety in that top 8.

5 Dante

3 Dormammu
3 Zero
3 Ultron

1 Nova
1 Morrigan
1 Haggar
1 Nemesis

I don't know all of the Stones used but it was mostly Reality/Space.

At this point Dante about to got eviscerated in whatever balance patch they will cook up. Then again this is old stuff for Dante, he got eviscerated to support character only in UMVC3.

Point Dante even in ultimate was still good. Dapvip went toe-to-toe with Justin's Wolverine with point Dante.

Rhaknar

On the topic of variety, don't forget that one thing this has over ultimate is DLC so as more DLC comes out (even if it's just the 6 we know lol) things might get shaken up again.

Or they will all suck competively :3

Dahbomb

DLC characters take some time entering into the competitive scene because people are usually pretty comfy with their existing characters.

Exception is when DLC characters are absurdly strong/broken.

Rhaknar

DLC characters take some time entering into the competitive scene because people are usually pretty comfy with their existing characters.

Exception is when DLC characters are absurdly strong/broken.

How many SF5 DLC characters are played competitively? Guile, Akuma... err Ibuki?

Dahbomb

How many SF5 DLC characters are played competitively? Guile, Akuma... err Ibuki?
Those characters are pretty old now, like essentially season 1.

Think of how many s2 characters you see. Abigail, Ed, Minat, Kolin etc. Not very many. Not that they are bad but it takes some time for people to get familiar with new characters thrown in.

JayEH

All of the sfv dlc characters are used. It took some longer than others to realize their potential either though patches or just more time spent with the character.

Guile, Akuma, Urien, Ibuki and Balrog are the most played DLC characters.

Ed, Abigairu-kun and Kolin have players but there aren't that many. GO1 even plays Menat but she is really really new.

Juri is trash though so only Infiltration plays her.

Top Bottom