• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

smurfx

get some go again
best case scenario is a tourney player finding something broken with one of the dlc character early on and then before you know it everybody will be using them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Kazunoko was pretty free tbh. I want to see Justin vs Champ or Fox.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No CHRIS G or KaneBlueriver?- both have won tournaments in MVCI...

that leaves FLOCKER -RYANLV and Viscant to show up

I just want to see Justin against what most agree are the top 2 guys right now. ChrisG's weird Ironman team doesnt impress me unfortunately, and I havent seen KBR play at all.

edit: wonder if Max is ok after that Zeku reveal trailer :3

MrMephistoX

honestly, while I think everything surrounding the gameplay is shit, the gamplay itself is amazing and tons of fun as long as youre willing to learn the mechanics and characters. For me personally, it's the most fun I've had with a game all year but I'm a MvC fanboy. I play on the Xbox One and while I have no problem finding matches, I imagine the playerbase is bigger on the PS4.

Oh most definitely it’s s fun game with bad marketing and will probably be great after the DLC season passes so get in on the cheap now.

patchday

Can't find any matches on PS4:/

never ran into this (PS4 NA). What region do you live in? Playing Casual or Ranked?

granted when I play its usually during primetime in the NA and I'm still in beginner's but I havent done much ranked. Mostly just casuals & I like to lobby with GAFs even though I get bodied since a lot of yall way higher rank then me lmao

FluxWaveZ

I'm not buying any DLC character unless it's Phoenix Wright or when it's a discounted bundle. Sucks that there's no FM to get them for free.

Dahbomb

Can't wait till rose garden gets bopped so niggas can actually start playing the game lmao.
What happened to let that shit rock? LMAO!

Marvel players always try to be macho with the "let that shit rock" but they are also always first to complain about the bull shit as well.

Swmystery

Neo Member
never ran into this (PS4 NA). What region do you live in? Playing Casual or Ranked?

granted when I play its usually during primetime in the NA and I'm still in beginner's but I havent done much ranked. Mostly just casuals & I like to lobby with GAFs even though I get bodied since a lot of yall way higher rank then me lmao

You and I should go a few sets sometime. From how you describe it, we're on about the same (iffy?) skill level.

Negaduck

Let it all rock. Hsd, Spiderman infinite, Dante/Chun mind stone weird state glitches.

Let it all rock.

I've never back down about letting broken shit rock. Just gotta deal with it.

I'm not buying any DLC character unless it's Phoenix Wright or when it's a discounted bundle. Sucks that there's no FM to get them for free.
I imagine SFV FM was a bomb. Casuals didn't buy enough DLC, and hardcore fans played so much they hardly spent money.

Marvel players always try to be macho with the "let that shit rock" but they are also always first to complain about the bull shit as well.
So damn true.

JayEH

I imagine SFV FM was a bomb. Casuals didn't buy enough DLC, and hardcore fans played so much they hardly spent money.

I doubt that’s the case. They probably don’t want to/can’t give away characters when marvel is involved. There was also everyone complaining that they had to play the game actively to earn the characters.

I doubt that’s the case. They probably don’t want to/can’t give away characters when marvel is involved. There was also everyone complaining that they had to play the game actively to earn the characters.
"PAY for new characters? I should be able to earn them for free. "

"Play the game to get new characters? Why should I have to play this game at all to get things in it? "

It makes me mad and I don't even work for Capcom.

kirblar

/|\

It's Marvel. They have games selling buckets and buckets of paid DLC content. They didn't think they needed the FM system. (Also, MvCI is likely going to have less broad DLC content overall.)

Spman2099

"PAY for new characters? I should be able to earn them for free. "

"Play the game to get new characters? Why should I have to play this game at all to get things in it? "

It makes me mad and I don't even work for Capcom.

Fighting game fans had a chance to reward Capcom, praise their system, and possibly see it become a standard practice... and they bitched about it endlessly.

Yeah, we will never see anything like that again. Why would we? This stupid community gets what it deserves.

Swmystery

Neo Member
Fighting game fans had a chance to reward Capcom, praise their system, and possibly see it become a standard practice... and they bitched about it endlessly.

Yeah, we will never see anything like that again. Why would we? This stupid community gets what it deserves.

For what it's worth, the FM system is the major reason I'm considering buying SFV (normal or Arcade Edition) at all. The complaining about it never made any sense to me whatsoever.

Sigmaah

So damn true.

NEVER ONCE did I say let rose garden rock lmao. I said from the jump that shit is beyond OD just like Dante.

Dahbomb

NEVER ONCE did I say let rose garden rock lmao. I said from the jump that shit is beyond OD.

Yeah but as soon as something OP about ya boy Zero comes out you are going to be like "nah man that's fair... look at that other character with that other stuff! LET THAT SHIT ROCK!!"

Been through this song and dance for years now.

Though I am definitely for nerfing that 3C move but I am also far more accepting to changes in general in fighting games (within reason of course, NRS used to go to extremes but even they have toned it down to acceptable levels).

I am more used to playing PC games these days that receive more regular changes. From minor to major, it's just far more frequent. I know FGs can't really be that frequent because learning a fighter takes a very long time in comparison but the frequency can still be upped a bit.

kirblar

For what it's worth, the FM system is the major reason I'm considering buying SFV (normal or Arcade Edition) at all. The complaining about it never made any sense to me whatsoever.
Picking up the Deluxe Edition this weekend (40 bux on sale on PSN) lets you do the weekly missions for the next few months before it launches. Same exact content as SFV: AE in January.

I just picked up UMVC3 on the current gen, my one friend and boyfriend never played it before so if anything, that will buy me time until dlc becomes cheap for this new game. I really want the new one just playing the waiting game.

Sigmaah

Yeah but as soon as something OP about ya boy Zero comes out you are going to be like "nah man that's fair... look at that other character with that other stuff! LET THAT SHIT ROCK!!"

Been through this song and dance for years now.

Though I am definitely for nerfing that 3C move but I am also far more accepting to changes in general in fighting games (within reason of course, NRS used to go to extremes but even they have toned it down to acceptable levels).

Zero is actually a fair character in this game imo so ain't nothing but let him rock!

Negaduck

The only thing I'd want fixed is stinger being an overhead after c.lk (?)

But if they didn't i wouldn't complain about it.

I say let everything else rock.

Dahbomb

The only thing I'd want fixed is stinger being an overhead after c.lk (?)

But if they didn't i wouldn't complain about it.

I say let everything else rock.
That's already being fixed in the next patch.

That's not a Dante only thing, it's a universal bug. Technically every character can do it but with Dante's Stinger it's the easiest and most practical.

patchday

Something bout this game. I guess because the movespeed is so insanely fast it's harder to block in this game then the more slower, tactical feeling fighters. Not sure if I'm digging it

I guess my dream is probably a slower movespeed
I think I've already added you, just poke me when you want a game.

Awesome see you in lobby

The more I play this game, the more I really enjoy it.

So I am excited for this coming Tue. Still gotta get that character pass. Will probably do it later tonight.

Swmystery

Neo Member
Something bout this game. I guess because the movespeed is so insanely fast it's harder to block in this game then the more slower, tactical feeling fighters. Not sure if I'm digging it

Awesome see you in lobby

I think you can edit one of the lobby settings so we don't go back to the main menu each time?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Ryu is what he is supposed to be in the game, which is an entry level character for newbies and is a noob trap. He is bad because that is his design. They are never going to give Ryu advance mechanics in a VS game because it defeats the function of Ryu.

TvC Ryu kind of blows up that half-baked theory.

Most fun incarnation of the character to date. And MvC1 Ryu was at least novel with the style change.

Swmystery

Neo Member
yeah hes so strong its crazy

I gotta head off, it's getting late over here and I need to be up for work tomorrow. Thanks for the games, was good fun.

I was really surprised at how well the netcode held up considering that was trans-Atlantic. Makes Marvel 3's netcode look even worse by comparison.

FSLink

Banned

Awesome see you in lobby

You know what they say....
If you're blocking in Marvel, you're losing. :p

Jawmuncher

Zeku is already in MVC though?

portrait_0017_Strider.png

Top Bottom