• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Zeku is already in MVC though?

05d.jpg

Jaeger

I keep rewatching the Capcom footage of the DLC characters from this past week. Seeing what they did with this characters gives me hope that Winter Solider and Widow will also have a unique and interesting playstyle. And I definitely welcome more female fighters.

I also hope Venom does not play like he used too. At least not totally.

And for "Season 2" they need to really court the people whom dismissed the game based on stuff like visuals and roster. Make a X-Men Pack. Do a slight upgrade the visuals. Add new stages. Allow custom tracks. Etc.

Negaduck

That's already being fixed in the next patch.

That's not a Dante only thing, it's a universal bug. Technically every character can do it but with Dante's Stinger it's the easiest and most practical.

Yeah it was being unable to block on the last frames of a pushblock? Or something similar I thought.

Luckily that's all I really wanted so I got lucky. Patch that out and patch in sigma lol

Or just move onto a better game that's fun, you know.

This isn't to the original poster anymore, but if you are getting frustrated with things in fighting games that take time to lab against, you most likely won't enjoy other fighting games because the same thing will happen there. Annoying shit exists in every fighter, you just deal with it because there's no such fighting game where you'll enjoy every single fight.

I don't like fighting Kens or Lauras. I don't like fighting FA ZZs, Hot Scrambles, or fucking Doms (unless they are on my team). I don't like fighting Paul or Jack. And I sure as shit don't enjoy a second of fighting a team of Bayonettas in Anarchy Reigns.

But you learn how to surpass that shit because you enjoy the game proper.

Negaduck

Well the first question should be self reflection imo.

Is the game bad, or am I bad (not good enough to beat and overcome that which I'm complaining to be 'bad about the game)

Skittles

Or just move onto a better game that's fun, you know.
|OT2| Get good or die salty

Most of the problems i have with the game will be patched out, so I'm gonna stick with it for awhile. Just havent played because my team is going to change in like 2 days

99 percent of the time the game is fine and people need to learn to adapt. That's not me being mean, but it's a thing you gotta carry with you as you bounce between fighting games. Someone on Twitter said "fighting games are about picking what flavor of bullshit you like" and that's never been more true these days to remind people that nothing is perfect.

There are some TRULY bad fighting games like Girl Fight and the sort, but those are minority and/or sequestered to Early Access or the bargain bins.

MrMephistoX

I keep rewatching the Capcom footage of the DLC characters from this past week. Seeing what they did with this characters gives me hope that Winter Solider and Widow will also have a unique and interesting playstyle. And I definitely welcome more female fighters.

I also hope Venom does not play like he used too. At least not totally.

And for "Season 2" they need to really court the people whom dismissed the game based on stuff like visuals and roster. Make a X-Men Pack. Do a slight upgrade the visuals. Add new stages. Allow custom tracks. Etc.

Just realized they’ve only announced 3 Marvel folks have to be at least two Capcom reps to round things out I would hope.

patchday

I know I'm really bad at this game but I keep coming back. I feel like that dude from KickAss.

Thank God it appears this game is not tracking my Casual mode stats. I'm sure that would tilt me.

|OT2| Get good or die salty

Most of the problems i have with the game will be patched out, so I'm gonna stick with it for awhile. Just havent played because my team is going to change in like 2 days

yes that's perfect

kiaaa

Man I legitimately have no idea how to deal with halfway decent Dantes or Dorms. My defense still needs a lot of work, but it feels like Dante can just do random shit until he gets a stray hit and he'll have a tool to capitalize.

Sayad

Is training in UMVC 3 on very hard, with Wolverine, Sentinel, and Doom helpful for blocking in MVCI?
A little bit but not really. ;p

In general, playing the AI in MvC will help with the first phase of blocking, your defense during neutral, being aware of your opponent options, reach, what's safe and what isn't, etc... AI can help you with tidying up your defence but it's only useful at entry level if you're new to MvC games.

The other type of defense, blocking through mix ups, just doesn't work with the AI. You're gonna have to scout specific mix-ups, record the training dummy doing them and try to block.

wille9

Hell no. The AI will never teach you how to block well or learn to open up human beings.

Especially in a Marvel game.

The training dumbs on the hardest mode in UMVC3 seems harder than Infinite's hardest mode. The AI in UMVC3 seem to be good at reading inputs, you can't really hit them unless they are in recovery, but they never are. I know this what you would categorize as scrubby, noobie, or a filthy casual type thing!

Dahbomb

I don't think using AI to learn some defense is scrubbish/newbie whatever but I am just saying long term it's just not very effective.

Learning defense against AI will just make your defense good against AI. Humans in a VS game play very differently from AI.

You have to use the training mode to create/record various mix up situations and practice against a recorded dummy.

Baleoce

I literally just finished that 7.6GB patch on Steam. And now it's doing a 9.2GB one. I actually can't keep up with the patches on 2MB internet. No point in me having this installed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
must be the dlc patch. also, I dont want to be a dick, but lets not pretend this is a Marvel issue. I get fucking 20gig updates on steam games all the time.

its 2017 y'all, games are 50+ gigs, patches are 10gigs :(

Piccoro

So I read on Reddit that the new patch now shows the DLC characters on character select, but they're not playable yet?

Are the characters being unlocked today? If so, I'll get the character pass immediately.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So I read on Reddit that the new patch now shows the DLC characters on character select, but they're not playable yet?

Are the characters being unlocked today? If so, I'll get the character pass immediately.

its true, just booted it up to check

A bit late here but in regards to the MvC:I DLC characters not being unlockable fiasco:

Two major reasons most likely:

One being that MvC:I (if support continues anyway) will most definitely get a lot more DLC characters than SFV does. SFV gets 6 characters per year and I also don't see them upping that number for whatever reason tbh. MvC:I's already gonna have 6 DLC characters in less than a year.

Two that the Marvel licensing issue is probably a bitch. I wouldn't doubt that they wanted to implement a FM system but because of the fact that a percentage of the money earned from the DLC goes towards Marvel probably meant that Marvel wasn't gonna accept all their top name characters being "unlockable".

Tizoc

OK the updates for MvC I are ridiculous.
Thankfully I have unlimited bandwidth so I'll have it dl overnight.

Anyone got a guide to removing Chromatic Abberetion from MvC I along with other gfx options?

Jaeger

People are accessing the files and playing as the DLC characters. Expect videos to start showing up from the PC version.

Oh and this;

HxzB0ZG.jpg

Top Bottom