• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Dahbomb

Imagine if they had delayed the game to March 2018 and we could've gotten 6 or more characters day 1 and a UI that doesn't look it was designed for a cell phone game.

But of course Capcom gotta preserve that budget.

Agreed. It completely kills my combos, Capcom needs to patch in an option to use Shoryuken motion instead

I don't think it can happen at this point because characters like Firebrand have shoryuken and DD motions. Thankfully the DD move is the tornado, so if I get it accidentally I just say it was oki and I meant to do that.

Neonep

Imagine if they had delayed the game to March 2018 and we could've gotten 6 or more characters day 1 and a UI that doesn't look it was designed for a cell phone game.

Yeah imagine if this game came out in February. Just by looking at the game you can tell 3-4 more months in the oven and we would have been looking at something special. They wanted to keep the budget tight and it not get in the way of MHW. This is SFV all over again, great gameplay and not much else.

These early days really are the age of ultron. Feels like he was in half the teams at battle circuit and wnf. Kind of expected, he really does feel like the closest thing to a Magneto in infinite.

MonHun looks faaaaantastic. Once again, every brand new character looks far and away above the characters ported over from 3.

liquidtmd

Banned
I really hope they work on a graphical boost patch ala KoF.

A bit more polish, the 6 incoming character and the same price and this game will have great legs.

As is with the launch, it's going to take much longer and be a slightly trickier road

Honestly with the Onslaught (!) of titles incoming in the next month, I'm expecting big discounts by early November for this in store

mas8705

But of course, Capcom gotta preserve that budget.

While you do have a good point about delaying the game, part of me is concerned about delaying past a certain point. After all, what fighting game is aiming for a February release?

Not to say that DBFZ would have derailed MvC:I, but if Marvel came out after? That might not have been good. If anything else, the game should have been pushed to later this year if at all possible since the game certainly does need that polish.

patchday

but if they waited til then they would have to fight with DBZF assuming it's targeting that window

Neonep

While you do have a good point about delaying the game, part of me is concerned about delaying past a certain point. After all, what fighting game is aiming for a February release?

Not to say that DBFZ would have derailed MvC:I, but if Marvel came out after? That might not have been good. If anything else, the game should have been pushed to later this year if at all possible since the game certainly does need that polish.

It seems Capcom doesn't want it anywhere near MHW.

Are they going to show any Black Panther/Sigma gameplay...?

Maybe this weekend?

Actually perhaps TGS will be for Monster Hunter (now) and Sigma Saturday (for the Megaman Anniversary panel)

while NYCC (October 5-8) would have Black Panther and Venom/Winter Soldier/or Widow trailers

T.O.P

Banned
I don't think it has ever happened to me that after 5-6 hours on a fighting i have yet to find a character that i really enjoy playing

I have absolutely no idea why, game is doing nothing for me :(

Mediking

Yeah imagine if this game came out in February. Just by looking at the game you can tell 3-4 more months in the oven and we would have been looking at something special. They wanted to keep the budget tight and it not get in the way of MHW. This is SFV all over again, great gameplay and not much else.

But what's funny is that SFV had that brilliant and amazing Rise Up marketing campaign that totally convinced many new people like me to try their hand at SFV.

I don't hate SFV at all. But just like this game... anybody whose bought this for full price or more... they deserve any additional stuff for FREE. No questions. Cater to the userbase.

Neonep

I don't think it has ever happened to me that after 5-6 hours on a fighting i have yet to find a character that i really enjoy playing

I have absolutely no idea why, game is doing nothing for me :(
I'm struggling to find a 2nd character I like to play that can complement Dante. You ain't the only one struggling. Blame the disinteresting roster.

T.O.P

Banned
I'm struggling to find a 2nd character I like to play that can complement Dante. You ain't the only one struggling. Blame the disinteresting roster.
Ahah, if I had to really choose someone right now I'd say Dante as well...

Oh well, at least the game is really fun to watch, I'd say way more than MvC3 so far

Skittles

Ahah, if I had to really choose someone right now I'd say Dante as well...

Oh well, at least the game is really fun to watch, I'd say way more than MvC3 so far
Infinite is a lot more watchable than MvC3 due to there not being a huge hegemony in character teams. Majority of the cast viable.

NEO0MJ

I thought it was optional if you wanted to do down, down or regular inputs?

Nope. According to what Ryce heard during the game's development it seems the development weren't 100% sure where to go with this and in the end just gave some characters down down while others kept the old srk motion. Some characters actually use both!

Trickster

More than anything I think it's the production values that are the main issue, at least that's how I see it as someone who bought the pc version and is faced with what looks like a dead version of the game due to very low sales.

Had this game had good character models and facial animations, they would have avoided so much of the negativity that has surrounded the game, and people who've just seen commercials for the game would probably have had a very different reaction to what they saw.

Her super 3 is so awesome, she even do the superman dive at the end! I'm so maining her no matter her tier list.

giphy.gif

People talk shit about the characters in this game looking bad but all the original ones look great and have great animations.

It really is the new marvel 2 with ugly morrigan and slick ass cable.

Hopefully they do another pass on the mvc3 crew to polish them all up but honestly from a distance during a fight everything looks fine. And the stages look great.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how many fucking supers does monhun have :O

Sayad

People talk shit about the characters in this game looking bad but all the original ones look great and have great animations.
Models are hit or miss across the board, even with new characters. But all the new characters we've seen so far(new as in not MvC3 carry overs) both look interesting from a gameplay perspective and have excellent animations. Which is more of a reason to be disappointed with the number of new characters we got in the base game.

how many fucking supers does monhun have :O
Not enough without a monster assist super. :(

It really is the new marvel 2 with ugly morrigan and slick ass cable.

Hopefully they do another pass on the mvc3 crew to polish them all up but honestly from a distance during a fight everything looks fine. And the stages look great.
Nahhhh

Like Jedah/Gamora/Thanos do animate well but they all look... really stupid.

Mokubba

Wait wait wait.

Fanatiq is back

Sanford Kelly likes the game

Spooky is back in NY

Takes the sting out of Yipes moving but even that might be a positive.
So happy for the competitive scene.

Need to catch up with Next Level and WNF. Sonuds like they were good from posts in here.

Top Bottom