• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Her super 3 is so awesome, she even do the superman dive at the end! I'm so maining her no matter her tier list.

giphy.gif

Anbec7

OMG that bloody trophy for the 5 wins is finally over.
I think I can plat this game, having so much fun and the online is so good with my awful connection! bless you wired people lol

Neonep

I step away to actually play the game and miss this. She looks like my type of character. Multiple weapons and great range.

mas8705

More like this is what Capcom should have done to promote the game: Give each character a minute to shine on their own rather than just a quick "Here are a few characters and a stone- k- BYE!"

Still, the question that hovers in my head is... Why did MH get the first showing when they were (or at least we can assume I guess now...) promoting Sigma and Black Panther? I know I just asked this question, but unless if they are going to also show off the two at TGS, it makes little sense to just skip the two. Of course with how big MH is in Japan, it makes sense to show off MH at TGS, but if that's the case, why not all three?

Zero-ELEC

Banned
More like this is what Capcom should have done to promote the game: Give each character a minute to shine on their own rather than just a quick "Here are a few characters and a stone- k- BYE!"

Still, the question that hovers in my head is... Why did MH get the first showing when they were (or at least we can assume I guess now...) promoting Sigma and Black Panther? I know I just asked this question, but unless if they are going to also show off the two at TGS, it makes little sense to just skip the two. Of course with how big MH is in Japan, it makes sense to show off MH at TGS, but if that's the case, why not all three?

See the title of the thread? That's my guess as to why.

JayEH

The fact we're getting this type of stream out of Japan is crazy. we never got any of this from combofiend, etc. They're even speaking english since they know we're watching lol.

mas8705

See the title of the thread? That's my guess as to why.

Capcom wanted Neogaf to change the OT?
/s

Kidding aside though, if that's really the case due to a lack of ladies, then Capcom is basically backpedaling on a previous promise if the first set of DLC characters aren't really what they have been promoting for the last several months. Not that I would complain, but the nitpickers definitely will be upset if we don't get Sigma and Black Panther when the DLC starts to get posted up.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Capcom wanted Neogaf to change the OT?
/s

Kidding aside though, if that's really the case due to a lack of ladies, then Capcom is basically backpedaling on a previous promise if the first set of DLC characters aren't really what they have been promoting for the last several months. Not that I would complain, but the nitpickers definitely will be upset if we don't get Sigma and Black Panther when the DLC starts to get posted up.

I'm also pretty sure that's why we have four Marvel to two Capcom in Season 1. 'Cause they moved Widow up to have more women.

Dahbomb

Seem like a space control type character. Has arrow specials for far distance, giant sword normals for far and her twin blades for close.

Has 5 hypers which is the highest in the game. An air double sword hyper, ground double sword hyper, ground great sword hyper, ground arrow barrage hyper and her lvl3. Might have more that hasn't been shown but 5 is still a lot.

She has an evasive roll, I wonder if she is invincible during it.

Her air normals and specials are pretty good.

A ton of her moves make for great tag set ups which means that she is a support character primarily. She seems to have no real mix ups otherwise except...

DUD jumping. Seems like it would be very good for this character with the way her normals work. I theorized that DUD jumping would be very good for Ghost Rider and Nemesis and I was right. But her moves have a lot of start up so you probably have to DUD jump a bit higher than normal.

Seems you can dodge cancel some of her normals but not the great sword. I am thinking you can't special cancel the great sword at all though it has hyper armor. Once it starts it's not stopping ever.

She has a demon mode power up after landing one of her twin blade supers.

there is zero chance that this character is bad, her toolset is gigantic.
That's what people said about Arthur in Marvel 3. People still don't know about some of the tool he has lol.

Number of tools don't make a good character in these games, it's the quality of those tools. Wolverine has been whooping everyone for years and he has the fewest tools.

I think Sigma was shown first because they shown him in the gameplay trailers and he was the Sigma to Ultron Sigma. If he wasn't in the default roster, he'd be the worst-kept DLC secret character, so might as well get him out of the way
They were trying their hardest to keep Monster Hunter from being seen in any of the trailers, so they didn't show her as the first Capcom character
EDIT: And then there's the theory that she was supposed to be in the game, so she'd be done the earliest

Black Panthers e3 appearance fit in nicely with Panthers movie trailer release, so that was probably a Marvel thing

I guess I'm too used to all the ug-li female faces we have now but she's quite the improvement over the others.

I don't think she looks bad, I think if they made her eye color something darker instead of the grey they used it would make her look better. Because it makes her eyes look close to blank at the moment. But other than that I think her actual face structure is pretty decent.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Also, what the heck, why are we seeing MonHun gameplay before the BP and Sigma? Don't those come out first?

WHAT IS THE MARKETING FOR THIS GAME

Monster Hunter is extremely popular in Japan so I guess they want to give them a character the fans would like to see. I presume that they assume that if they show Monster Hunter character in MVCI so people would be convinced and motivated to go out and pick up the game. Don't underestimate Monster Hunter in Japan.

CazTGG

You think that's Capcom's call?

Exactly why would Marvel not want one of their most popular characters in one of the most popular fighting game series of all time? X-Men is one thing, petty a reason as it may be, but it makes no sense on their part to not allow Ms. Marvel into MvCI's roster.

You'll have to wait for season 2 to see if Capcom is allowed to add characters that are not in the MCU.
...That can't seriously be the reason.

Neoxon

Exactly why would Marvel not want one of their most popular characters in one of the most popular fighting game series of all time? X-Men is one thing, petty a reason as it may be, but it makes no sense on their part to not allow Ms. Marvel into MvCI's roster.

Like Capcom, Marvel's made quite a few questionable decisions (the removal of most of the classic Marvel themes, for example). I'm honestly not sure why they didn't pick certain popular non-Fox characters.

Lulubop

Marvel dictates who's on their side of the roster, with some wiggle room I imagine.

kirblar

Ms. Marvel as DLC makes sense to me.

The big issue with the base roster seems to be them knowing people don't want to pay for MvC3 imports as DLC, hence us getting a roster full of them, and then the gender parity clause screwing all the Capcom side's women.

Dartastic

Omg guys for the first time in my life I feel sorta like labbing for a combo and it feels good.

With Spidey I so far have j hp hp+hk cancel to j hp hp hk h web swing jumping hp but my execution is bad so getting farther is hard lol

Dahbomb

Character isn't as bad as I initially thought mostly because I thought they had shown off all her tools. Once I saw more of her tools I liked her more. She is definitely a support/space control type character with some nice quirks thrown in.

She is definitely a character that is built specifically for MVCI. I think in older MVC games she would've been low tier for sure. Tag system makes her a lot better much like Ghost Rider.

Soulstar

I'm wondering if her roll is her dash or a special and if it is a special I wonder if she could cancel the recovery of her great sword attacks with it.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I know we already disprove that fake reddit leak (with Gill) so Monster Hunter trailer basically disconfirmed that leak becuase she didn't summon two monsters in her moveset.

Anyone know a way to play PC private matches without ridiculous lag?

Trying to play a lobby with my friend and it's pretty much unplayable.

smurfx

get some go again
there is zero chance that this character is bad, her toolset is gigantic.
yeah she's this game's dante. by that i mean capcom seems like they spent a ton of time on her and she's from a popular series. same thing went for dante in mvc3. we know how dante ended up in mvc3 so lets see how things work out for her.

LegendX48

I give up. Captain America's mission 10 can go fuck itself.

Check out Aris' avoidthepuddle twitch video archive. He has a couple of videos on that particular mission.

watched the two videos he had, didn't seem like he could get it either. That makes me feel better lol

Top Bottom