• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Anyone get the Collector's edition or physical Deluxe edition in the US? I ordered from Best Buy but I noticed there was no download code for the 6 costumes. Am I missing a download code somewhere? Apologies if this has been asked already.

The character pass comes with 6 costumes for the DLC characters. There is also the Captain Marvel costume code in the box if you got it on PS4.

You should have been given/emailed a code for the 4 pre-order costumes when you got the game. My code was sent out the night it released.

That's what tournaments and sponsorships are for. This game will do fine as long as the top pros are playing it.

yep, and I don't see pros dropping this game any time soon. There's just so much potential.

This game is gonna be completely different next year. In terms of meta and content.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If Maximillian streams you can normally add between 5k to 12k viewers to a game. I think he had like 15k viewers on launch day when the there were 19k viewing it

he had like 20k for the story mode, his other normal streams (like when he was doing online fights) were the usual 11-14k

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Are people quickly losing interest?

2 days ago about 14.000 people watching on twitch, yesterday when I checked at the same time 7.000, now, again same time, it's at 2.700.
Adding on to the million other reasons people have noted, launch/pre-launch stuff gets way more attention and then it's on to the next one. Every streamer will play every game for a day, but sustained numbers are always really low for fighting games.

vg260

Anyone get the Collector's edition or physical Deluxe edition in the US? I ordered from Best Buy but I noticed there was no download code for the 6 costumes. Am I missing a download code somewhere? Apologies if this has been asked already.

Download is not on the box, im also missing it, but im blaming the store more than anything.

The 6 costumes were for preordering, so if you preordered they were supposed to give you a code.

Try hitting up Best Buy's forum for support with codes they're supposed to provide. I've had to do that in the past, and it still seems like that's a way to handle it.

RazOmari

Download is not on the box, im also missing it, but im blaming the store more than anything.

The 6 costumes were for preordering, so if you preordered they were supposed to give you a code.

The character pass comes with 6 costumes for the DLC characters. There is also the Captain Marvel costume code in the box if you got it on PS4.

You should have been given/emailed a code for the 4 pre-order costumes when you got the game. My code was sent out the night it released.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Got the season pass and the Captain Marvel costume, but nothing for the other 4. Guess I'll contact Best Buy. Thanks for the replies.

Dahbomb

Marvel 3 sold over 2 million and UMVC3 sold 1.2 million. Those are very respectable sales numbers and actually surpassed Capcom's projections. They were a franchise high. Game actually had pretty long legs. MVCI wishes it could sell as much as Marvel 3.

I am thinking this game will have some legs too. A lot of people are waiting for X Men plus budget price to buy again. Plus tournament hype will keep it selling for a bit especially if Capcom keeps pushing like they are doing with Battle of the Stones. Game will be carried by its hardcore fans and pro players like both Marvel 2 and 3 were.

Durden77

They would like more content from this game, and more games in the future.

So that's why people are worrying.

Games require money, to make

Well yeah, but there's no sense in worrying about it. A strong player base is going to be what keeps this game alive, not a player base that is concerned if they should stick around if a stream loses 100 viewers.

I'm not worried. I have confidence in this game. MvC series has always had solid legs too and is not usually completely front loaded.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What are my solutions for getting my VSHG to work on my PS4. Alternatively whats a solid stick to get.

I have this preordered but haven't picked it up because I haven't addressed my lack of proper control options.

BadWolf

Marvel 3 sold over 2 million and UMVC3 sold 1.2 million. Those are very respectable sales numbers and actually surpassed Capcom's projections. They were a franchise high. Game actually had pretty long legs. MVCI wishes it could sell as much as Marvel 3.

I am thinking this game will have some legs too. A lot of people are waiting for X Men plus budget price to buy again. Plus tournament hype will keep it selling for a bit especially if Capcom keeps pushing like they are doing with Battle of the Stones. Game will be carried by its hardcore fans and pro players like both Marvel 2 and 3 were.

Tournaments and DLC didn't help SFV much when it came to selling more copies of the game post launch.

MVCI does have the advantage of having Marvel characters attached to it but who knows.

Jawmuncher

IMO I think the most doom and gloom scenario would be MvC dies. BUT Capcom and Marvel working together doesn't. With their next game ditching the capcom fighters and focusing just on Marvel.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why the fuck cant I combo Thor's tornado super in the air?

the combo always drops :(

jett

D-Member
Yeah people posted how to turn of AA/chromatic abberation.

PC online looks kinda jank. A few of my buddies have the game and they aren't the best at the game but after winning 3 matches they were already playing against known/named players and getting hammered. The playerbase on PC is tiny, like 2-3k total players on ranked leaderboards. Best to get it on PS4 IMO.

Plus the game seems to have some stuttering issues when played full screen due to the Vsync on some systems. Have to go to files to fix it. No ETA on this fix.

PS4 version has no hiccups, online issues or playerbase issue. Though I don't know about the input delay on PS4, that has been a problem for PS4 fighters in the past.

Well I have no choice but the PC version, but I don't to buy something that will turn out to be a wasteland but for the pros.

Sesha

The series has been growing in sales more or less with each entry. It's possible MvC3 is the SF4 of the series, but I don't think Infinite will see as massive a drop comparable to what SFV did from 4.

Did some online yesterday (PS4) and besides a couple laggy matches the online worked well. I assume all of you having trouble finding players are on PC/Xbox? Hopefully the player base isn't that small.

I got my "Win 5 Ranked Matches in a row" trophy after 8 games. It really came down to the wire on the last game, lol. Had a pixel of health. Been using Ghost Rider/Dante and Dante/Flank West. Ghost Rider is pretty easy to use and a lot of beginners have trouble dealing with him. I want to give Thanos and Nemesis a try but I'll maybe sit on that for a bit.

So yeah, game is super fun online so far.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Had a blast playing last night. At first it feels slow and clunky and wrong and the graphics are absolutely embarrassing but then eventually you get a hang of how the game feels and then you stop playing it like it's umvc3 and start using the new mechanics and then you happy birthday a guy online and absolutely punish him with a sick ass tag combo that you make up on the fly and then you realise mvci is actually pretty great and you're full of hype and can't wait to play again.

Fun game.

Yup, basically this. The game is amazing on it's own level

They suppose to email you the code (if not then you have to contact Customer Service.

Durden77

The series have been growing in sales more or less with each entry. It's possible MvC3 is the SF4 of the series, but I don't think Infinite will see as massive a drop as what SFV did from 4.

MvC has always had lasting appeal. There's a weird thing where the MvC games quickly become "classics" and a lot of non-FG players catch on to it much later after it's initial launch.

Yeah I think MvCI will be fine in the long run. The PR was bad, but not bad enough to truly hurt it in the casual space. It was mainly just stuff that worried the hardcore base as they are looking at it much more closely. Eventually people are going to want a MvCI game and they will pick it up, and not think twice about the looks. And on the surface level this game is much easier to have fun with on a casual plain than MvC3, so it may even resonate with those people more.

I think this game has the capability to build stronger word of mouth among casuals and hardcore once it gets going, especially once the roster fills out. Word of mouth is very important to the MvC series.

DunpealD

Tournaments and DLC didn't help SFV much when it came to selling more copies of the game post launch.

MVCI does have the advantage of having Marvel characters attached to it but who knows.

There is also the general opinion that MvCI looks terrible, which is something SFV didn't have at least, outside of Ken.

I'm not too worried either way. At least I don't have to watch Dark Phoenix, Dark Vergil, So-So-Soul Fist, Lightning Loops, THC infinites and X-Factor.
I just hope that MvCI gets as much diversity in high level play as SFV, even though S2.5 is buttcheeks to play.

Nephtes

Did some online yesterday (PS4) and besides a couple laggy matches the online worked well. I assume all of you having trouble finding players are on PC/Xbox? Hopefully the player base isn't that small.

I got my "Win 5 Ranked Matches in a row" trophy after 8 games. It really came down to the wire on the last game, lol. Had a pixel of health. Been using Ghost Rider/Dante and Dante/Flank West. Ghost Rider is pretty easy to use and a lot of beginners have trouble dealing with him. I want to give Thanos and Nemesis a try but I'll maybe sit on that for a bit.

So yeah, game is super fun online so far.

I haven't had issues finding matches on Xbox since I hard reset the console...
I don't think the Xbox player base is as small as Steam.
Xbox didn't get SFV, so there are at least a few hungry FGC players there who picked this game up just on principal (like myself).

Anything to prevent me from needing to switch my TV input to the PS4... Unless I have to...

Rhaknar

well thats what im doing before the tornado and it doesnt work :/

LP, LK, HP, HK, -> HP, launcher, LP, LK, HP, HK, d.LP, Launcher, LP, LK, HP, Hyper. Hyper doesnt connect :/ The wind up (no pun intended) on the hyper is so long that the opponent drops out of the stun state.

Im trying to slot in some special moves in there but im having a hard time, really liking Thor tho.

JTCx

The gameplay is fantastic, im having alot of fun with the game. The tag system itself is what makes the game imo. Theres just so much shit you can play with. I'm happy that the infinity storm isn't as oppressive as xfactor as a comeback mechanic.

I know people are bummed out about the roster and the low budget visuals. There is however a great game behind all of that.

I'm glad my boy Nova is still in this but please Capcom BRING ON BUCKY, so i can have my team with Nova/Winter Soldier. Very exciting times.

JeTmAn81

well thats what im doing before the tornado and it doesnt work :/

LP, LK, HP, HK, -> HP, launcher, LP, LK, HP, HK, d.LP, Launcher, LP, LK, HP, Hyper. Hyper doesnt connect :/ The wind up (no pun intended) on the hyper is so long that the opponent drops out of the stun state.

Im trying to slot in some special moves in there but im having a hard time, really liking Thor tho.

That combo may just be too long to connect that move at the very end. If you do the super instead of HK in the first air combo, does it hit?

MegaPanda

I cancelled my Amazon pre-order for this, but they might not have gotten the memo.
Free PS4 pre-order code for whoever wants it, quote to reveal.

VariantX

I look at it this way

Marvel's problems are bad art and lack of legacy fan-favorite characters in the starting roster. Those 2 things are pretty damn big with casuals but that's the full extent of the problems I see. Hell 90 percent of the negative reviews i've glanced on steam are solely people complaining about these two things and for them, its far more important that those things be there than the game to actually be good. But overall the game is pretty damn good and outside of those things, they've nailed it in all the other areas that do matter in the long run. It even has an art gallery and lore shit available for people to read if they want to know in the game.

SFV's problems were lack of single player content, inconsistent online performance (one sided lag), long down times between matches made worse with long loading times and zero matchmaking options, simplified mechanics that pared down expression. A lot of these problems are still here albeit in diminished form. SFV simply was a way worse game from a casual perspective.

DunpealD

Does anybody have a link with timestamp for WNF? I've tried looking at the Twitch archives and no dice. All I got was breaks, some lesser known people playing MvCI, SFV, Injustice 2 and SFV again.

FinKL

This game is the definition of FILTHY

I'm going out on a limb here and say that this is even less casual friendly once skilled players get the hang of the assists. There are already times I'm noticing already where you won't be able to do anything

Wallach

Does anybody have a link with timestamp for WNF? I've tried looking at the Twitch archives and no dice. All I got was breaks, some lesser known people playing MvCI, SFV, Injustice 2 and SFV again.

Almost all of MvCI was played on Kevin Ha's (/kevin_ha) channel, not the main stream.

I'm actually starting to wonder if the new characters were made in house, while the refurbished characters were outsourced?

No, the game was pretty much entirely made in house. I think it's pretty clear based on the new characters though that a lot more thought and creativity was put into them than the old returning ones.

No, the game was pretty much entirely made in house. I think it's pretty clear based on the new characters though that a lot more thought and creativity was put into them than the old returning ones.
Game was developed in house, but Capcom has outsourced modelling before and did that with SFV.

Blu(e)

I already decided to wait but the urge to purchase has come back after watching some more matches. Really digging Jedah.

dankir

So they'll follow SF5 and break this up into Seasons right? I'm sure the UI will be prettied up later on seeing that most people hate it. The character select screen will get an overhaul I'm sure.

Especially when more characters are released or if they do the character packs as rumored.

Top Bottom