• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Dahbomb

so that MonHun infinite(?) super armor move is probably not very viable health wise...

...but can you imagine the pop off at a tournment if someone does that shit for a win? lol >_<
Health isn't an issue, it's a totally worth it trade if you get a combo out of it. Issue is people doing a move, it gets armored and they stop attacking to block and punish. The move is so slow that you can do an attack, recover and still block. This is where the frame traps and the armor traps will come into play because if they try to punish she will do another attack that is armored. Kinda like what Scamby was doing with Nemesis yesterday.

V_Arnold

The moment I realized that with this system, you do not call in assists, but you INITIATE your assist for the character you are about to tag in...

its FUCKING GENIUS.

So i finished the story yesterday.

I liked it. The start is the worse part. I Do like that they didn't try to justify everyone stance , how they met , ect ect. they stayed focused.

The end was ok. The epilogue was much intresting.

I prefer this Final Boss than the one in MVC3.

The game is much better in motion than in stills , i've come in terms with dante & hawkeye. I'm fine with them now. Spiderman however has some weird proportions lol

Net code is alright 95% of the time i'm happy.

Overall , it's a nice game.

Ps: Monster Hunter look cool. DAT ARMOR

Capcom customer service sucks too, their website is a mess I can't figure out how to submit a formal request and just had to send an email -.-

patchday

So i finished the story yesterday.

I liked it. The start is the worse part. I Do like that they didn't try to justify everyone stance , how they met , ect ect. they stayed focused.

The end was ok. The epilogue was much intresting.

I prefer this Final Boss than the one in MVC3.

The game is much better in motion than in stills , i've come in terms with dante & hawkeye. I'm fine with them now. Spiderman however has some weird proportions lol

Net code is alright 95% of the time i'm happy.

Overall , it's a nice game.

Ps: Monster Hunter look cool. DAT ARMOR

high five my beloved gaf. And yes Monster Hunter looks like she will be a lot of fun

wait, there's no Wolverine in this?
no sir as covered in other MvCI thread

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Had a blast playing last night. At first it feels slow and clunky and wrong and the graphics are absolutely embarrassing but then eventually you get a hang of how the game feels and then you stop playing it like it's umvc3 and start using the new mechanics and then you happy birthday a guy online and absolutely punish him with a sick ass tag combo that you make up on the fly and then you realise mvci is actually pretty great and you're full of hype and can't wait to play again.

Fun game.

Nailed my entire experience with this game.

Nephtes

The problem is that Capcom barely has anything positive to talk about if there is anything to talk about period.

Here would be a positive:
"We hear your complaints loyal customers, and we will hit Yoshinori Ono upside the head for you until he gets the team to fix these issues. Specifically the Down Down motion replacing SRK/Z-motion when it never should have. Moreover, we will see that the designer who implemented that decision is fired/commits seppuku."

MoxManiac

So with Monster Hunter looking mostly done, does that mean we'll get her before Sigma/BP? Or maybe those two are basically done? Really curious to see when these characters drop.

Seijuro

Are people quickly losing interest?

2 days ago about 14.000 people watching on twitch, yesterday when I checked at the same time 7.000, now, again same time, it's at 2.700.

brian!

tournaments and release contributed to that, 2700 is actually pretty decent for marvel at this time of the day
sfv sitting at 357 viewers

Lulubop

2 days ago about 14.000 people watching on twitch, yesterday when I checked at the same time 7.000, now, again same time, it's at 2.700.

Uh, depends on who's streaming....

Yesterday Nlbc had like 14k. Also these things always drop off until majors.

Seiniyta

11.000 of those were people watching Max his stream. When a new fighting game launches his stream usually gets a LOT of views which gradually goes down which is totally naturally. It'll spike up with tournaments in particular like most fighting games or very popular persona's in the fighting communities streaming it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

like, what would people be watching now?

brian!

in general they spike during tournaments but ppl aren't interested in watching in general unless it's a known streamer/pro

like aris will post great numbers for tekken, and tournaments will post good numbers, but otherwise it's pretty dead

I'm having a really hard time with the game I think I'm gonna wait until the DLC characters are out those are the ones I'm excited for anyway.

VariantX

Literally depends on the people streaming and their respective subscriber bases because they're just tuning in to their favorite streamers. I'd worry more about what numbers the tournaments do because those people are mostly going to tune in no matter what when their favorite streamers are on.

RazOmari

Anyone get the Collector's edition or physical Deluxe edition in the US? I ordered from Best Buy but I noticed there was no download code for the 6 costumes. Am I missing a download code somewhere? Apologies if this has been asked already.

Fighting games don't get big concurrent viewer counts outside of a tournament. It's nothing to do with the game itself. Also, a lot of the big FGC streamers are heading to SCR, so that affects things as well.

Were Amazon prerorders supposed to get more than the Captain Marvel costume? I didn't get any kind of benefit with mine.

Durden77

People need to stop freaking about stream numbers and sales. Just enjoy and play the hell out of the game, and support the DLC if you feel inclined.

Dahbomb

This is pretty standard for FGs. Game was pulling some good numbers yesterday at NLCB and will pull good numbers at SCR too.

FGs only really gets good twitch numbers at tournaments or a bunch of known players are streaming at once (Aris, Max, Floe etc)

Village

People need to stop freaking about stream numbers and sales. Just enjoy and play the hell out of the game, and support the DLC if you feel inclined.

They would like more content from this game, and more games in the future.

So that's why people are worrying.

Games require money, to make

Jawmuncher

I mean everyone here still is. It's more that it gives us an idea on how things are going atm.
One of the biggest discussion points was how the game would fare after the PR problems earlier in the year. So we can definitely tell they affected the game.

PSqueak

Banned
Anyone get the Collector's edition or physical Deluxe edition in the US? I ordered from Best Buy but I noticed there was no download code for the 6 costumes. Am I missing a download code somewhere? Apologies if this has been asked already.

Download is not on the box, im also missing it, but im blaming the store more than anything.

The 6 costumes were for preordering, so if you preordered they were supposed to give you a code.

V_Arnold

They would like more content from this game, and more games in the future.

So that's why people are worrying.

Games require money, to make

Thing is, UMVC3 was the previous game, which had shitty sales and in EU, like a dozen people played it in its last years, online.

So Marvel lives as longs as anyone wants to generate pure hype.

Jawmuncher

Thing is, UMVC3 was the previous game, which had shitty sales and in EU, like a dozen people played it in its last years, online.

So Marvel lives as longs as anyone wants to generate pure hype.

UMVC3 still managed to sell past a million. So MVC:I i'd say comes down to if it can at least pass that as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
obviously the solution is for Max to stream 24/7, then we can have 15k regular viewers.

or clone him.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You guys are killing me with this negativity / realism / etc. I think I love this game and its shaping up to be my favorite fighting game. Love is truly Blind guys. I think the game looks great (yes I really, really do), story is good fun and even the music is passable. Sure Morrigan still looks cross and Thor's hair looks funny in that helmet (like it's glue together and static)

But my point is I can see myself be entertained many, many hours.

Capcom doesn't need to give out a single character (maybe beyond firebrand which is already free). These are all name brand fighters. They made a marveloous package full of content that will occupy the devoted fans hundreds of hrs.

We need to tell our friends and fellow gafs to get upfront and buy this game NOW. Offer to freakin' help them learn the game too. I've fought against pro players in IJ2 so I'm used to getting bodied but this shit is gonna be tramatic for noobs hoping online and getting done dirty by these Dantes

Remember, Destiny-GAF is one of best communities gaf has. When I played Vanilla, we gafs banded together to help each other

Well, I really enjoy the game so far but I just can't help but being a pessimist. Mainly I really want to see more contents coming from Marvel and Capcom but I fear that we wouldn't able to see full and complete game that they planned for us the fans.

Got my deluxe edition where are my premium costumes? Only see codes for the character pass and ms marvel outfit

Which Store?

Download is not on the box, im also missing it, but im blaming the store more than anything.

The 6 costumes were for preordering, so if you preordered they were supposed to give you a code.

X, Ryu, Thor, Hulk, Captain Marvel (PS Exclusive), ??????????.

Who's the 6th costume?

Combos in this game are making me wanna die tbh.

I'm so bad.

They are at their all time easiest too!

Stream numbers and FGC interest is fine. With the horrible impressions leading up to release, terrible presentation and graphics and an overall lack luster roster I just can't see it selling well to the average gamer.

Trickster

If Maximillian streams you can normally add between 5k to 12k viewers to a game. I think he had like 15k viewers on launch day when the there were 19k viewing it

Top Bottom