• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

brian!

Is there any reason making them DP motions optional wouldn't cause some issue?

I hate the DD motions, and those moves might as well not exist for me in-game.

Firebrand has both inputs, though if they really wanted to they could make it work, i dont think they are interested at all tho

nded

Fun fact: doing the Z motion works because of how the input works in the game:

You press Forward (doesn't count in current controls)
You press Down (counts as Down)
You press Down-Forward + Punch (counts as Down + Punch or Down-Forward + Punch or Forward + Punch when in sequence) - Dragon Punch

I've had no problems pulling it off with Ryu

That's because Ryu's dragon punch has a proper Z motion.

Dahbomb

DD motions aren't bad by themselves and a ton of other games use double tap motions like that for moves (all 3D games, NRS games). The problem here is that DD is overlapping with wave dashing. Makes it harder to do wave dash than normal.

They should probably provide an option if they can however at high level I think a lot of players will keep it as DD because of the auto correct potential.

Nephtes

Fun fact: doing the Z motion works because of how the input works in the game:

You press Forward (doesn't count in current controls)
You press Down (counts as Down)
You press Down-Forward + Punch (counts as Down + Punch or Down-Forward + Punch or Forward + Punch when in sequence) - Dragon Punch

The problem isn't that it SRK doesn't work for those moves, the problem is: I don't want the SRK move to fire, but it is because I'm spamming down down +button (when what I want the game to register is down x 1 + button).

So instead of getting what I want (the ability to send the opponent to the ground during my air combo so my team mate can continue the combo), instead it's doing the SRK move... In the case of Cpt. Marvel, her absorb move that doesn't hit...

brian!

DD motions aren't bad by themselves and a ton of other games use double tap motions like that for moves (all 3D games, NRS games). The problem here is that DD is overlapping with wave dashing. Makes it harder to do wave dash than normal.

They should probably provide an option if they can however at high level I think a lot of players will keep it as DD because of the auto correct potential.

Yeah and even when my dash gets messed up i still know that it was an input error on my part for spamming down

creatchee

This is actually fucking me up trying to chain air drill kick (d+hk) with shadow rave (d,d+HP).

it's making all of the Morrigan stuff I've tried really tough.

See if this works
D+HK
(Slide to) DF
(Slide to) D
(Slide to) DF + HP

The corners of the stick (if you're using a square gated one) should help

That's because Ryu's dragon punch has a proper Z motion.

The problem isn't that it SRK doesn't work for those moves, the problem is: I don't want the SRK move to fire, but it is because I'm spamming down down +button (when what I want the game to register is down x 1 + button).

So instead of getting what I want (the ability to send the opponent to the ground during my air combo so my team mate can continue the combo), instead it's doing the SRK move... In the case of Cpt. Marvel, her absorb move that doesn't hit...

AHHHHHH I see what you guys mean. Yeah, it can get a little sticky when moves overlap like that. I wonder how the priority on option select works in MvCI?

patchday

I'm at work right now but I wonder if we should get google document going that contains everyone's PSN / Xbox ID / Steam Id- the whole works (and add it to the OP). That way we can challenge each other to duels. My gameplay went up another notch after I started dueling gafs in IJ2. So I still have these guys to battle in this game but other folks lack this infrastructure so they'll be at the mercy of randoms that will grant rematches

Also I have no idea how to redo their movement controls lol to solve the DOWN DOWN thing that some folks hate.

vg260

Seems like is a trade-off and they should make it an option.
But then they seem to have put in the auto-combo option and don't let you use it in tournaments (if I read this correctly earlier?), so their logic on controls doesn't seem consistent.

vg260

Quote for new page

Pre ordered the game at walmart fwiw

Nothing on my receipt and no emails from walmart

Those are pre-order bonuses from participating retailers. I don't think Wal-Mart was offering those pre-order bonuses, unless it specifically said so on their page.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
playing with Reizo (SF5 gaffer from NL) and its basically offline right now

Those are pre-order bonuses from participating retailers. I don't think Wal-Mart was offering those pre-order bonuses, unless it specifically said so on their page.

The fourth image on their site has the pre order exclusive costumes :/ guess I'll contact capcom customer support

Dahbomb

Clackwerkkkkkkk...he already has nutso stuff with Strider/Gamora. Strider's fullscreen game is OP.
Oh man I missed that.

So two Gamora won already and Reality/Soul stones on top as expected.

Gamora definitely feels like the Wesker of the game only with more utility. I wonder if she will fall off, it's definitely a possibility when people become more mobile against her.

Tan

With the way projectiles work in this game even her guns are strong. I couldn't even fend her off with Arthurs projectiles, they just got eaten up while she flew at me

paul187

The problem here is that DD is overlapping with wave dashing. Makes it harder to do wave dash than normal.

Wave dashing is timing based in this game. So the dd motion should not come out unless you are mashing it. Which wouldn't let you wave dash anyways.

Dahbomb

With the way projectiles work in this game even her guns are strong. I couldn't even fend her off with Arthurs projectiles, they just got eaten up while she flew at me
The guns are what make her strong. The rest of her kit is just ok. I don't think she should have push block negation on it but let's see how the meta pans out first.

vg260

The fourth image on their site has the pre order exclusive costumes :/ guess I'll contact capcom customer support

Hopefully they didn't goof and just put all the Capcom's PR images up without actually having the promo. If they goofed hopefully Capcom takes care of you.

Dahbomb

is there a way to reduce the post-processing on PC?

I'd rather shit not look fuzzy/soft upon close inspection.
Yeah people posted how to turn of AA/chromatic abberation.

How's matchmaking on PC? Worth buying this or nah.
PC online looks kinda jank. A few of my buddies have the game and they aren't the best at the game but after winning 3 matches they were already playing against known/named players and getting hammered. The playerbase on PC is tiny, like 2-3k total players on ranked leaderboards. Best to get it on PS4 IMO.

Plus the game seems to have some stuttering issues when played full screen due to the Vsync on some systems. Have to go to files to fix it. No ETA on this fix.

PS4 version has no hiccups, online issues or playerbase issue. Though I don't know about the input delay on PS4, that has been a problem for PS4 fighters in the past.

Dirtbag

Not sure what I was expecting from monster hunter, but that isn't doing much for me. Ready to see black panther and venom... like REALLY ready.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
That's because Ryū still has the Z motion as for his Shoryūken.
Is there any reason making them DP motions optional wouldn't cause some issue?
Firebrand has both down down and Z motions
is there a way to reduce the post-processing on PC?

I'd rather shit not look fuzzy/soft upon close inspection.
There's literally a post processing option.

EDIT: Or do you mean the CA? That's an .ini file tweak.

Ryce

Hopefully the DLC release schedule looks something like this:

October 3 - Monster Hunter
October 17 - Black Panther
October 31 - Sigma
November 14 - Venom
November 28 - Winter Soldier
December 12 - Black Widow

I'd rather get a new character every other week than two characters every four weeks.

Dahbomb

You just make DD into regular SRKs and current SRKs into reverse SRK as far as having a toggle option goes.

In Ryu's case he should have DD just like everyone else and should change to SRK with an option.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah people posted how to turn of AA/chromatic abberation.

PC online looks kinda jank. A few of my buddies have the game and they aren't the best at the game but after winning 3 matches they were already playing against known/named players and getting hammered. The playerbase on PC is tiny, like 2-3k total players on ranked leaderboards. Best to get it on PS4 IMO.

Plus the game seems to have some stuttering issues when played full screen due to the Vsync on some systems. Have to go to files to fix it. No ETA on this fix.

PS4 version has no hiccups, online issues or playerbase issue. Though I don't know about the input delay on PS4, that has been a problem for PS4 fighters in the past.

the vsync issue is literally the easiest thing to fix with borderless gaming, which is something any PC gamer has or should have anyway.

youre not wrong about the smaller player base tho, but you keep saying that (you as in the genral you) and it doesnt help grow it lol

edit: also, for example Reizo hasnt been posting here (I even asked him, he said hes busy enough maintaining the SF5 threads) so wonder what other gaffers out there are playing the game and not posting here.

Nephtes

You just make DD into regular SRKs and current SRKs into reverse SRK as far as having a toggle option goes.

In Ryu's case he should have DD just like everyone else and should change to SRK with an option.

Fantastic, HOW DO WE GET CAPCOM TO DO THIS?
I've been tweeting them all morning across all their Twitter handles, but you know, no reply.

vg260

Firebrand has both down down and Z motions

Hm, maybe they can still let you do it for characters that don't have separate DD moves. It would still be appreciated for those.

There's literally a post processing option.

That doesn't impact the CA which also affects the clarity.

You have to this this:

Someone in the thread already mentioned it, but you need to go to steam/steamapps/common/Marvel VS. Capcom Infinite/MVCI/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor and in the Engine.ini file, add:

[SystemSettings]
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0

The actual post-processing in game I left unchanged from High and the in-game anti-aliasing was bumped down to Medium.

I've been tweeting them all morning across all their Twitter handles, but you know, no reply.

Bug them about a CA off option as well. It looks much less ugly without it.

Hopefully they didn't goof and just put all the Capcom's PR images up without actually having the promo. If they goofed hopefully Capcom takes care of you.

Walmart is offering me 10% back for the mistake or to exchange it for one that has the code (lol) what a shit fest

Had a blast playing last night. At first it feels slow and clunky and wrong and the graphics are absolutely embarrassing but then eventually you get a hang of how the game feels and then you stop playing it like it's umvc3 and start using the new mechanics and then you happy birthday a guy online and absolutely punish him with a sick ass tag combo that you make up on the fly and then you realise mvci is actually pretty great and you're full of hype and can't wait to play again.

Fun game.

Well walmart is now offering me a full refund if I send the game back. Already punched in the season pass code and captain marvel costume codes.

Guess I'll play the game a bit while waiting for the return label.

Rhaknar

if you want to follow anyone on the scene, follow @ultradavid, if only because he retweets crazy combos all the time :D

Also @HiFight as well.

yes, thats one of the accounts David retweets a lot lol

man I suck, for some reason I have the hardest time doing the backwards fireball chain on GR after the forward one (forward for wall bounce, backwards to pull them to you)

My neutral in this game is terrible. Gotta stop dashing up like a moron.

and I need to start dashing :/

Dahbomb

Communicating with Capcom in the year 2017, bruh that's a good one.

This change will only happen if the pro players make a giant stink about it and right now no one is complaining. They have all adjusted so there is almost no chance this gets fixed.

FSLink

Banned
if you want to follow anyone on the scene, follow @ultradavid, if only because he retweets crazy combos all the time :D

man I suck, for some reason I have the hardest time doing the backwards fireball chain on GR after the forward one (forward for wall bounce, backwards to pull them to you)

and I need to start dashing :/
Also @HiFight as well.

vg260

Well walmart is now offering me a full refund if I send the game back. Already punched in the season pass code and captain marvel costume codes.

Guess I'll play the game a bit while waiting for the return label.

Lol. I should have bought the game at Walmart!

Communicating with Capcom in the year 2017, bruh that's a good one.

This change will only happen if the pro players make a giant stink about it and right now no one is complaining. They have all adjusted so there is almost no chance this gets fixed.

I miss when Capcom Unity boards were not just a wasteland, and the Capcom reps were actively engaging there.

Dartastic

Man, I love Spidey but my execution is... yeah. I probably just need to spend a lot more time in the lab to try and get it on point, because I really, really like this version of the character. I just need to work on converting any hit I get into an actual combo. Still looking for a second character. I'm digging Gamora though.

Rhaknar

so that MonHun infinite(?) super armor move is probably not very viable health wise...

...but can you imagine the pop off at a tournment if someone does that shit for a win? lol >_<

Top Bottom