• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Luke Cage |OT| Bulletproof While Black - September 30th on Netflix

PsychBat!

Banned
Episode 5 now. This show has really good pacing and flow. Better than DD Season 1's and way way better than DD Season 2's and JJ Season 1's pacing.

iddqd

Four episodes in, I'm super into it.
Easily the best Marvel Show so far for me.
Most precise, focused. Love the world building.

brawly

The superhero stuff is probably the worst/on par with JJ, but the day to day stuff is definitely the best so far.

The women on this show... And shirtless Mike Coulter too for that matter.
It feels like a CW show for people over 30.

Also, Turk is the Coulson of Netflix Marvel. Can't wait for Agents of T.U.R.K.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Just finished Episode 6.

Loving the show, but I can't help but feel I'd be enjoying it more if
the villains weren't presented as so flat out incompetent. They've spent most of the series so far panicking and routinley fucking things up whilst their empires are slowly falling apart around them. Luke's been ten steps ahead of them the whole time. As a result, they're just not very menacing and as antagonists don't come across as a serious threat

still obviously got a lot of this series ahead of me however, so I'm sure this'll change

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
My only complaint so far is the same one I have with Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Since these aren't network shows, they can run beyond 42-44 minutes, but oftentimes the material doesn't really justify it. So you start getting episodes that creep up around 56 minutes and there really isn't any need. You can even feel it in the material, a scene will run on a little longer than it needs to.

Otherwise I'm absolutely loving this show. The soundtrack is amazing and the performances are gripping.

The superhero stuff is probably the worst/on par with JJ, but the day to day stuff is definitely the best so far.

Don't go into street level hero shows expecting superhero action 24/7. There's a distinct difference between crime fighters like Cage and Jones and actual superheroes like Spiderman and Daredevil.

obin_gam

Two episodes in and not interested in the story at all :/

The music is fantastic though, loving the retro-funk.

Dysun

Impressions after the first 2 episodes.

Show is excellent so far, much more interested off the bat than I was with Jessica Jones.

brawly

Don't go into street level hero shows expecting superhero action 24/7. There's a distinct difference between crime fighters like Cage and Jones and actual superheroes like Spiderman and Daredevil.

I don't. I'm just saying DD delivered on that much more, while the day to day stuff was often quite bad.

The fights are one-dimensional too but unlike DD I don't rely on them here to keep me interested.

My only complaint so far is the same one I have with Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Since these aren't network shows, they can run beyond 42-44 minutes, but oftentimes the material doesn't really justify it. So you start getting episodes that creep up around 56 minutes and there really isn't any need. You can even feel it in the material, a scene will run on a little longer than it needs to.

Otherwise I'm absolutely loving this show. The soundtrack is amazing and the performances are gripping.

The best thing that could happen to improve the Netflix Marvel shows would be a very ruthless editor.

Just finished Episode 6.

Loving the show, but I can't help but feel I'd be enjoying it more if
the villains weren't presented as so flat out incompetent. They've spent most of the series so far panicking and routinley fucking things up whilst their empires are slowly falling apart around them. Luke's been ten steps ahead of them the whole time. As a result, they're just not very menacing and as antagonists don't come across as a serious threat

still obviously got a lot of this series ahead of me however, so I'm sure this'll change
I think that's more of a legitimate plot point than an issue. It's like Batman and his rogues

Fisk, Cottonmouth, etc. have their empire prepared to deal with regular opposition and police. But now superpowered vigilantes and heroes enter the picture, and their networks and what they've built aren't ready to handle that. It's a problem all their money and power can't make go away. We're seeing them when they're out of their element

I caved.

Halfway through episode five right now. I like this a whole lot.

Watching from my phone isn't really enjoyable tho, so I'll probably pick it back up later tonight.

Xion385

Through Episode 5, Regarding Misty:

Does Misty have a superpower or something in the comics? I'm not familiar with her.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Just logged onto Netflix to begin watching this and...every episode title is named after a Gangstarr track...fuck yes

thenexus6

I really enjoyed Daredevil

Didn't care for Jessica Jones (watched 1 or 2 episodes)

Know nothing about Luke Cage

Should I watch?

Alienfan

I really enjoyed Daredevil

Didn't care for Jessica Jones (watched 1 or 2 episodes)

Know nothing about Luke Cage

Should I watch?

I loved Jessica Jones, but thought Dare Devil's quality matched a SyFy original.Currently loving Luke Cage for similar reasons as JJ, although it does have it's own feel

PsychBat!

Banned
but thought Dare Devil's quality matched a SyFy original

0fDOXEc.gif

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Damn I think this is really good so far!

Just started episode 3

Fish: So what are you gonna do?

Cage: Check these fools

Them Shaft vibes haha

So, I'm only in episode 3 right now, and I know there will eventually be the patented Netflix Collapse when the show nosedives for some reason, but right now, I am loving this. The whole cast is working for me. Luke, the villains, the detectives, all these little side characters. It's working great.

Top Bottom