• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Luke Cage |OT| Bulletproof While Black - September 30th on Netflix

vikki

First two episodes down, gonna ride my bike to the rest. Still trying to get my wife to watch all these Netflix Marvel shows.

Elandyll

Banned
Oh shit! It's today!

The-Office.gif

Da-Kid

Episode 3:
Holy shit Cottonmouth not even trying to take chances... He just Nemesis Luke's ass. (Yeah that's a Resident Evil reference)

DJwest

Lmao at all of you thirsty mofos. Can't blame you though, Misty Knight is damn fine. So is Reva Connors. Also, i enjoy CottonMouth's sadistic laugh everytime he fucks shit up.

Ithil

Only one episode in, but this feels like a completely different show than Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Much slower paced and more down to earth (in spite of its superpowered hero).

It sort of feels like if the Fisk portions of season 1 Daredevil were expanded into a whole show, though obviously drenched in a different aesthetic. The actor for Cottonmouth is very good. Seems like 3 for 3 on the castings of the main villains for the three Netflix shows now.

I like it a lot so far.

Very excited to watch the shit out of this as soon as I get home. Marshala Ali is one of my favorite underrated actors, and it's great to see him in such a featured role here. Does he get a lot of screentime?

Ithil

Very excited to watch the shit out of this as soon as I get home. Marshala Ali is one of my favorite underrated actors, and it's great to see him in such a featured role here. Does he get a lot of screentime?

I've only seen the first episode but he seemed to have as much if not more screentime than Luke himself.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Episode 2:
Pop's death is heart-wrenching. I wish that he didn't die because I really enjoy his presence in the show.

Da-Kid

Simone Missick has no sexy, pics. She's so modest. Body like that and she gotta be all modest, looking like she go to church every Sunday. Man (>&#65103;<)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
What reviews?
Shit, I was hoping this would be a reverse Jessica Jones.

I'm 8 episodes in and I'm loving it.

What reviews are you talking about?
I saw a couple in the last days that said that the does again a nosedive at around Episode 7 and complain again about the pacing, etc:

I am at 6 and nothing indicates that so far, I was just curious if something like this really happens. The whole show is moving slow but I have no problem with that so far.
Also I love how grounded the whole thing is, if it where not for Lukes bulletproof skin, this could be a crime noir show outside of the MCU. And its cool that there are really no white people, I only remember two who actually do something beside standing in the background.

Little thing, but I'm glad Marvel/Netflix went with the consistent kind of theme across the credits. Daredevil's is all red, JJ's purple, Luke is yellow. What is gonna be the color for Iron Fist?

styl3s

Squabbles knows what’s up
: Fist of Legend > The Chinese Connection
MY MAN *fist bumps*

Just finished episode 4 i was going to take try to stretch the season out over fri-sat-sun but all signs point to me at least getting to episode 9-10 today. Netflix stays killing the superhero TV show game.

Top Bottom