• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Luke Cage |OT| Bulletproof While Black - September 30th on Netflix

Ithil

As for our first loud outburst from the villain, I believe the ranking thus far in Netflix goes:

MY NAME IS NOT COTTONMOUTH
2. YOU EMBARRASSED ME IN FRONT OF HER
3. JESSICAAAAAAAA

We'll see what Iron Fist's villain has to loudly say on the matter.

Wow looks like my opinion is different to most. Two episodes in and it's easily the worst netflix marvel series. I'll keep going but so far very disappointed.

I just finished the first episode and I'm surprised they didn't do more to hook people with the first episode. Everyone is kind of asleep in their roles right now.

Seesaw15

Marvel ain't shit.
61BuD0QaODL._SL1500_.jpg

Da-Kid

I'm only to Episode 4 so don't spoil but..
Luke's durability is pretty insane, I'd put him about as durable as Iron Man in his best suit. Some of his durability feats:

-Survived being blown up point blank (Jessica Jones)
-Survive a damnthere direct hit with a RPG and a building falling on him.
-Gunshots do no damage from a range, very small discomfort up close if any at all.
-Being set on fire does zeelch.

He's about 3x above Captain America in durability and strength. But his actual strength as far as what he can lift has yet to be determined.

Moaradin

I'm not expecting anything like Daredevil but please tell me the action scenes are at least better than Jessica Jones? That show managed to make JJ and Luke Cage's powers look lame every time they used them.

Episode 6

Haha, Perez is so gullible. I mean c'mon bruh. That play was so obvious.

Dayum, that reporter played her ass. So good.

As for our first loud outburst from the villain, I believe the ranking thus far in Netflix goes:

MY NAME IS NOT COTTONMOUTH
2. YOU EMBARRASSED ME IN FRONT OF HER
3. JESSICAAAAAAAA

We'll see what Iron Fist's villain has to loudly say on the matter.
Ha! I agree with this ranking.

Da-Kid

I'm not expecting anything like Daredevil but please tell me the action scenes are at least better than Jessica Jones? That show managed to make JJ and Luke Cage's powers look lame every time they used them.
The action is better than JJ, but don't go in thinking he's gonna be doing some UFC stuff. Luke is essentially a tank. To an average person he's a force of nature, he goes forward YOU MOVE or rag dolled.

Sadist

Watched the first two episodes; that ending! Sweet Christmas!

Seriously going to enjoy this. Can't wait to continue after the weekend.

Moaradin

The action is better than JJ, but don't go in thinking he's gonna be doing some UFC stuff. Luke is essentially a tank. To an average person he's a force of nature, he goes forward YOU MOVE or rag dolled.

As long as there isn't any scenes like every time JJ used her super jumps, I'm good.

Only watched the first episode so far and will stick with it. For now I'm distracted that the lead actor really can't act that well at all. Is it just me?

Cage is a tank here. Never gets old seeing him stroll into gunfire like it's nothing

Toa TAK

Banned
So I don't want to start ranking or anything yet, but at the moment Luke Cage is top tier for the Netflix shows.

Also, that Invisible Man nod in the first ep. 👍

I was actually digging it when it was just a cornball gangster tale in the first 12 episodes but what the fuck happened in the 13th? It wasn't just an awful ending to the season but it upped the corny level to heights I'm unwilling to go to.
The whole fight with his bro, mixed with the flashbacks was just ridiculous. The fact that everyone was just standing around watching this fight, giving interviews and commentary while it was still going on just a few feet away, wtf?! I felt like I was watching a CW show all of a sudden. And what the fuck was up with that suit, he looked like Meteor Man
?!

Sorry, I actually think this show was pretty good, it just whiffed the landing so hard that I'm not even sure where the show goes from here.

Also,
that final kiss between Luke and Rosario was awkward as fuuuuuck

So I don't want to start ranking or anything yet, but at the moment Luke Cage is top tier for the Netflix shows.

Also, that Invisible Man nod in the first ep. 👍
For me it's:

Everything Punisher-related + the Hallway/Stairway fight in Daredevil S2
Daredevil S1
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
The rest of Daredevil S2

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Episode 1:
In the opening, I realized they dropped a subtle acknowledgement to
Latveria.

If you mean the comment from the guy at the table, he said
"Latvia", which is an actual country.
Or did I miss something else?

Harmen

Really digging the show (halfway ep 5)! Pacing is a tad slow for me at times, but other than that I have no complaints thus far.

Luke's durability is pretty insane, I'd put him about as durable as Iron Man in his best suit. Some of his durability feats:

-Gunshots do no damage from a range, very small discomfort up close if any at all.

He's about 3x above Captain America in durability and strength. But his actual strength as far as what he can lift has yet to be determined.

I agree he is very, very durable. But
Iron Man? I don't think I agree. In his best suit IM took on the Hulk and the non-hulkbuster suits had to endure a lot more than an RPG or collapsing building. Hell, during the first battle as IM in the first film Stark gets shot down by a direct hit from a tank and crashes in the ground from a great height, which barely did anything to the suit.

styl3s

They should do Ironfist, than have Ironfist and Luke's season 2 be Heroes for Hire
Honestly i would love for them to just make Luke Cage and Iron Fist 1 season runs to give you their backstory/origin and their comeup and then just just start doing a Luke Cage and Iron Fist: Heroes for Hire season 1, season 2, season 3 etc.

Instead of doing 26 between the 2 every year they can use that budget to make a new Marvel show because as far as im concerned Netflix should be running all fucking Marvel shows.

Cap is a better fighter, but Luke Cage is stronger and more durable. I think Luke would whup Cap's ass. We'll never find out though because reasons.

Top Bottom