• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Luke Cage |OT| Bulletproof While Black - September 30th on Netflix

wildfire

Banned
Am through Episode 3.

The Bazooka scene is goofy as fuck. Like, one of the top three dumbest scenes I've seen on TV in a while.

I get why you feel that way but that wasn't stupid. What really was stupid for the exact same reason was
the whole sequence to find the green van and their decision to shoot at it. The show pulls off so much of an authentic and realistic feel than any other Marvel show. As a result the logistics required to execute the search and the brazenness to shoot at someone in area that should have more cars present made me groan and laugh at how absurd it all was.

7 episodes in and this isn't definitely Netflix's best Marvel show it pretty much is one of their top 3 Netflix original shows I've seen so far. I'm having a blast.

Gambit61

Halfway through episode 2, why did it take me so long to realize who the cop is -_-. I even read her backstory when I first read Immortal Iron Fist a few years ago lol.

I don't understand why people are complaining about Luke Cage's fight choreography. I mean the guy is basically a fucking tank with invincible skin. This ain't Daredevil with ninjas doing cool tricks lmao.

Why would you do UFC type attacks when you can just bitchslap your opponent?

Da-Kid

I don't understand why people are complaining about Luke Cage's fight choreography. I mean the guy is basically a fucking tank with invincible skin. This ain't Daredevil with ninjas doing cool tricks lmao.

That's what I was saying.

JoeBoy101

Just finished with first two episodes with my wife seriously lusting after Mike Colter. I'd be more annoyed except for that absolutely goddamn (
swear jar
) fineness of Simone Cook.

This show is so good so far. Loving everything about it and I could watch a show just dedicated to Cottonmouth and Black Mariah right now.

jph139

Finished the first episode, goddamn, easily the best start to any of the Netflix series. Luke himself is a bit bland (but better than in JJ, the whole prison background being played up helps), but I love the villains and the world in general. Like, Harlem's Paradise, that whole scene, the feel... so cool. Can't wait to see more.

T Dollarz

First episode was decent, but the second episode was really fantastic. Supporting characters like Misty, Cottonmouth and Black Mariah are really bringing it. Luke is a dope lead, but those supporting characters are so good. The atmosphere and soundtrack are super authentic too.

Will continue tomorrow.

I find the fight choreography itself to be fine. However, I will say I think they could be done a bit better. Cage's feats of strength look a bit cheesy at some moments.

Simone Missick (Misty Knight) is so fine brehs

My dude, you ain't lyin'.

mreddie

LOL at Episode 3
That moment was so silly and random and yet, brilliant.

Also like they broke tradition from the Ep 2 hallway fight.

DrBo42

First episode was really weak to me. Like it's trying too hard to be cool both in framing and dialogue. Doesn't feel genuine or effortless. Soundtrack is great though.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Is there a lot of sex and nudity in this show? I heard jessica jones had some explicit stuff but i wonder where this show falls in.

As of ep 4/5:
There's a strip club with pasties on the nipples.
A sex scene with no full nudity, but a lot of "sideboob" afterwards.

Swearing is just similiar to Jessica and DD2, thought he front end of the show has a "No swearing!" portion similar to Capt. America in Avengers. With the addition of some "Nig*a" stuff in there, too. Which characters actually take with heavy offense at times.

In some ways, I'd say it's not as heavy as Jessica got so far, closer to DD S1. Personally, I find a lot of the immature maturity to be a bit try-hard at times, but there's enough "camp" here that it balances out a lot better than I felt it JJ, which felt like it was often times just mean and vile for no reason but to try and be edgy.

Slayven

Danny is one lucky guy. Can't wait for the Iron Fist show, been dying for it since it was first announced.

Shes gonna hurt that boy.

tumblr_mzn6e9oQSf1r7pumio1_500.jpg

El Topo

Episode 5: Things are really starting to drag. Still much more enjoyable of DD S2.
Two more things on Episode 5:
The "cops on payroll" thing was in DD S1 already and Rosario Dawson's appearance on the show seems constructed and/or unnecessary right now.

So is it too early to declare Cottonmouth just took the #1 spot for Marvel villains? He and Kingpin have so much complexity and depth compared to Marvel's cinematic antagonists. To be fair, there's much more time to build that up, but still...

And Ep 12's
robbery scene is one of the highlights of the series for me. So hilarious.

jmood88

So is it too early to declare Cottonmouth just took the #1 spot for Marvel villains? He and Kingpin have so much complexity and depth compared to Marvel's cinematic antagonists. To be fair, there's much more time to build that up, but still...

And Ep 12's
robbery scene is one of the highlights of the series for me. So hilarious.
Cottonmouth is great but there's no way he surpasses Fisk or Purple Man
he simply didn't last long enough and didn't accomplish as much before he died

El Topo

What is dragging?

Mostly the Cottonmouth/Cage conflict. That is dangerously close to Jessica Jones territory right now. I don't really mind, as frankly Cottonmouth and his other problems are more interesting and (hopefully) starting to pick up.
Hey, more Mahershalalhashbaz Ali is fine with me. Love the guy.

Anung

Un Rama
Mostly the Cottonmouth/Cage conflict. That is dangerously close to Jessica Jones territory right now. I don't really mind, as frankly Cottonmouth and his other problems are more interesting and (hopefully) starting to pick up.

Yep in episode 4 I was waiting for Cage to just lift him off the floor to make him look weak but he didn't do anything D:

~Kinggi~

Banned
you Harlem niggas off the hook, im goin to Hell's Kitchen where its safe.
I lol'd at that quote pretty good.

Watching this show makes me wish there was a show with the same budget and polish focused on Harlem that didn't need to star a superhero.

JoeBoy101

So I don't want to start ranking or anything yet, but at the moment Luke Cage is top tier for the Netflix shows.

Also, that Invisible Man nod in the first ep. 👍

My wife is a high school english teacher and when she saw this, she screamed for me to stop, rewind and told me about how it was her favorite book and how she teached it to her AP classes. At that point, it was difficult to tell if she was more aroused physically or intellectually by Luke.

Me, I was busy with something else...

Simone-Missick.jpg

Yeah baby, you're all that.

jmood88

Hey, more Mahershalalhashbaz Ali is fine with me. Love the guy.
Some of you seem to have absolutely no patience. That whole thing resolves itself soon but I have no idea what it is that you want.

Cottonmouth is the best villain in the MCU
I really really like him. In some ways, he shares a lot in common with Fisk, since they both were connected to their neighborhoods, but Cottonmouth feels way more genuine and more complex than Fisk was in two seasons

Top Bottom