• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Luke Cage |OT| Bulletproof While Black - September 30th on Netflix

1. Daredevil Season 2
2. Daredevil Season 1
3. Luke Cage
4. Jessica Jones

For me. Ending wasn't very satisfying.

Same here.

Although, I liked the ending. It wasn't satisfying but it's intended to be that way. I also think it's most "realistic", I guess?

EDIT: Also, just like with Jessica Jones, the season is about 3 episodes too long. I feel shorter seasons would've really helped both of these.

Episode 12

Oh shit, Sway too! This is great.

"There's something powerful about seeing a black man that's bulletproof."

Edit:

Loving all these dudes wearing hoodies riddled with bullet holes.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
What makes a show boring? Considering we've have shootouts, fights, criminal manuevering, and so on.

What exactly were you expecting?

The thing I find a bit boring, and this is 4 episodes in, is that Luke Cage is running around with god mode enabled. There's nothing really at stake, he's got nothing to lose. There's no real goal for him than to upset the status quo and get revenge for something he's only known for 4 months. There's no real antagonist, not introduced anyway.

It's good though. I like it. But it's a slow boiler. Hopefully it'll pick up pace.

What makes a show boring? Considering we've have shootouts, fights, criminal manuevering, and so on.

What exactly were you expecting?
The pacing and delivery of the story are kind of a slog fest. I'll admit to knowing nothing about Luke Cage. I really liked the episode mostly focused on his back story because it had some intrigue as a nice carrot to drag me along. There's not much to say really... the lead actor is quite charming and I like him, but as a casual viewer the show is not grabbing me. I imagine he has a weakness, but so far it has been a bit of a Superman problem because he's basically invincible and the action falls completely flat as a result of it.

Da-Kid

He would have been at the top of my list if it wasn't for AoS. But to be fair, I don't know that they could afford a flaming skull in every episode on Netflix.
IDK why you guys think a flaming skull and flame CGI is such an expensive thing to do. It's probably the most inexpensive CGI to do, especially considering you don't have to show GR up close on his motorcycle when he's riding. The most expensive CG would probably go to doing the villains right, and GR's power being shown. Netflix is a multi billion dollar network, who also has Marvel help foot the bill. And if they were going to go CGI heavy, they could make it 8 episodes if the wanted to be conservative.

The thing I find a bit boring, and this is 4 episodes in, is that Luke Cage is running around with god mode enabled. There's nothing really at stake, he's got nothing to lose. There's no real goal for him than to upset the status quo and get revenge for something he's only known for 4 months. There's no real antagonist, not introduced anyway.
To be fair, the stakes are less about him, and more about the heart and minds of Harlem so to speak

bounchfx

donno about some of these comments, I'm on ep 7 right now and still very entertained. It's not action heavy but the story is great so far.

Episode 7, spoiler for an off-handed reference some goon makes:
Did I just hear a Ghost Rider reference? Thought I heard someone mention Johnny Blaze.

IDK why you guys think a flaming skull and flame CGI is such an expensive thing to do. It's probably the most inexpensive CGI to do, especially considering you don't have to show GR up close on his motorcycle when he's riding. The most expensive CG would probably go to doing the villains right, and GR's power being shown. Netflix is a multi billion dollar network, who also has Marvel help foot the bill. And if they were going to go CGI heavy, they could make it 8 episodes if the wanted to be conservative.

Have you seen the effects in Jessica Jones and Luke Cage (especially one particular shot in episode 8)? Of course Marvel and Netflix can theoretically afford the CGI for a decent looking Ghost Rider, but there are many reasons to be skeptical.

N7.Angel

Watch the first 3 episodes and I'm loving it so far but damn this dude looks like one of our TV presenter in France, Harry Roselmack ( Be careful, this dude is a sexy beast. )

2d166bfef487f046a5b072e6d1daf97d.jpg
aa5a6c4add9868a9775b8f58283ebaf8.jpg

This show needs more
WqEo4M2.gif

and real drama

"-muh darkness is takin over
-no,luke! believe in yoself"

more will-they-wont-they shipping
& flashbacks to the prison where we find out iron fist was his cellmate and (EP 4 SPOILERS)
Thanos was the prison warden all along,raking in all the twitch money from the illegal fights

Ladekabel

When does this season play? I figured it would be after season 1 of Daredevil
because what's-hername City council mentions Fisk's downfall. But then Turk says he'll be returning to Hell's Kitchen and we know how that turns out. So why does he return there? And my memory of Jessica Jones is a little bit foggy. Who is it JJ kills? Misty or Reva?

Otherwise, four episodes in, like it so far.

Anung

Un Rama
When does this season play? I figured it would be after season 1 of Daredevil
because what's-hername City council mentions Fisk's downfall. But then Turk says he'll be returning to Hell's Kitchen and we know how that turns out. So why does he return there? And my memory of Jessica Jones is a little bit foggy. Who is it JJ kills? Misty or Reva?

Otherwise, four episodes in, like it so far.

After DD season 2.

Geist-

Episode 10
I was hoping they wouldn't resort to that tired cliche.

"Oh no, I'm an invincible, immortal man. My life is suffering."

I get it, they don't want thousands of Luke Cage's running around, but making it sound like having super powers is somehow a bad thing, or using Luke to cure ageing, incurable diseases, and just saving lives in general is something that shouldn't happen, is so frustrating.

For fuck's sake, come up with a more believable excuse.

Top Bottom