• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Luke Cage |OT| Bulletproof While Black - September 30th on Netflix

Gorillaz

On episode 5 right now.

Pacing wise they are doing good so far, I am in the camp that believes all of these marvel shows have a episode or 2 too many. So far so good for now. Misty Stone out here shitting on the competition tho for real. Wifey material brehs.

I'm still not a big fan of the MC still. JJ made him look terrible but luckily his on show is doing the work a bit more on presentation. At least making the supporting casts strong.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just waltzed onto the spoiler thread by mistake. Welp :/

lmao, after the skee wee reference in one of the episodes I had to explain to my GF how black fraternities/sororities work
yes she's white

Episode 13

I love how Priscilla corrected Misty on the soror call.

"You gon' let her just skee-wee on outta here again?"

"Actually, it's oo-oop."

Love little details like this.

Slayven

Episode 13

I love how Priscilla corrected Misty on the soror call.

"You gon' let her just skee-wee on outta here again?"

"Actually, it's oo-oop."

Love little details like this.

image.php

Da-Kid

Ep 7:
Luke tried it with Claire and got rejected. Guess she only like having coffee with the Devil.

darklin0

Banned
Finished episode 6, I think it is pretty great so far. My only issue is when he is kicking peoples asses, it looks pretty bad. Someone get them a better choreographer next season.

EP 11 Spoilers
LOL WHY WOULD YOU TELL LUKE THE POLICE'S BULLETS WILL KILL HIM YOU IDIOT JESUS, lol sorry I had to that was just bad writing. Even if the cops didn't actually attack him seriously, what's the point of letting him know that. Diamond back is physically more of a threat, but I liked cottonmouth way better.

edit - Small ep 12 spoilers
Ok I guess it is brought up MULTIPLE times by other people in this episode that the bullets will go through him, but still Diamond Back had no reason to tell him

Schnozberry

Really enjoyed everything about this series except the final episode. That said, I trust they know where they are going.
It all felt like it was written to Service future sequels, more like a mid season cliffhanger than a season finale. That has been an issue with Marvel's writing lately.

Kuro

First half of the show was great but they failed to keep things interesting and the action just got worse. Really disappointed. It didn't have lows as low as Jessica Jones but it didn't have the highs either. It didn't feel like a superhero show. Just a tough guy show.

Episode 13 (Finale)

Big spoilers:

Well, that really sucks. Candace deserved better. Yeah, she fucked up, but she was trying to make amends. :(

Luke's little speech in the precinct was quite nice. Also, Shades is a damn good villain. One of the best in the MCU. These Netflix shows have been pretty on point in this regard. Mariah's evolution has been great to see as well.

I like the ending, but it's very bittersweet. Luke will likely (read: hopefully) get out of prison thanks to Fish finding the file on him, but Diamondback's doctor is the dude who made Luke the way he is, which is a bunch of bullshit.

Anyway, great first season. This is my favorite of the Netflix Marvel shows and I can't wait to see where they go from here with Iron Fist, Defenders, Punisher, and whatever else they put out.

Now, time to catch up on Agents of Shield.

Top Bottom