• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryptoadam

Banned

Israel has taken measures but it still seems to be blowing up there. If things continue it could be the next Italy/Iran. I think they have isolated 100K people, stopped flights, etc.... I blame the death cruise.

Also 7 cases in the Palestinian territories as per the PA.

Jtibh

Banned
I am sorry for your loss Greta, I hope it gets better. Also please put that avatar back on, tyvm.
Ever since i switched i got zero but zero attacks.

The moment i put it back i am done.

Also you dont need greta .
What you need right now is one of these at home.

kL6LdZf.jpg

Here are some of the registered disinfectants on the EPA's list:

• Clorox Multi Surface Cleaner + Bleach
  • Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
  • Clorox Commercial Solutions® Clorox® Disinfecting Spray
  • Lysol brand Heavy-Duty Cleaner Disinfectant Concentrate
  • Lysol Disinfectant Max Cover Mist
  • Lysol brand Clean & Fresh Multi-Surface Cleaner
  • Purell Professional Surface Disinfectant Wipes
  • Sani-Prime Germicidal Spray

Waits for the first person that tries to drink these

Japan shopping for toilet paper too?

Video clears a few things with context

- Kids out of school early not having babysitters is something I did not think of.
- Japan has a stricter level for testing they are avoiding testing

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Jesus tap dancing Christ, first the tornado in Nashville now this, what the hell did the state of Tennessee do to piss off God!?

It's an inevitability that the virus will spread everywhere, nothing particular about Tennessee.

sinnergy

It's an inevitability that the virus will spread everywhere, nothing particular about Tennessee.
It’s starting to look that way, at first I thought maybe it was a combination of pollution and general weak health system in Asia that made it spread, but I don’t think that’s the case. Seeing it spreads as Easily in Germany and The Netherlands. And even in warmer climates it seems! Let’s hope we get it under control or that it disappear like the Spanish Flu in 1918.
(I know this isn’t the flu)

Last edited:
Los Angeles County confirms 4 more coronavirus cases

All four patients recently traveled to Northern Italy and are being isolated. Their close contacts are being quarantined, according to L.A. County Public Health. source

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
Its getting really really... funny now?

We have an old female friend who has a granddaughter. Her granddaughter is sick now. She is going to Corona virus test tomorrow.

Do i have to worry now?

The old female friend is often here or gets visited by someone of us here very often.

Come on... its cant be that bad or?

Both belong to an italian family that is living here and the granddaughter works in a hotel and she may have gotten sick because of contact to some customers....

Uhm...?

The old female friend is used to give kisses on the cheeks to greet you

Are we dead already?

We just hope the results are negative. Even if it may just a flu we dont want to be quarantined for 14 days.

Last edited:

vpance

Is it possible to have corona without ever coming down with anything serious? I guess the kids that are getting it just walk away with mild flu symptoms for the most part. But are there infected who never develop any symptoms? 🤔

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Is it possible to have corona without ever coming down with anything serious? I guess the kids that are getting it just walk away with mild flu symptoms for the most part. But are there infected who never develop any symptoms? 🤔

yes, many can show just a cough. or not even that.

More info:

The Illinois Department of Public Health and Cook County Department of Public Health announced Thursday a fifth Illinois resident has tested positive for COVID-19.
The positive test results will have to be confirmed by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The fifth individual is a Cook County resident in his 20s who flew into Chicago O’Hare Airport earlier this month after traveling to Italy. The person acquired the infection while in Italy and is hospitalized at Rush University Medical Center in isolation.

I think both of those have been reported. Mild cases or just positive without showing any signs at all.

lil puff

It hasn't killed 41 in one day. The people who are dying are, by the medias own admission, suffering from underlying health issues. Who knows if the Corona virus caused their death, or if they a week away from croaking and one more virus was too much for the immune system?

Besides, all of the health information for protection from Corona is; don't touch people, wash hands, drink water. Which is the same advice for any flu.

Can you not see that this is all being drummed up for a reason? And not because it's some deadly disease? Why not do what I've done, bet your Gaf account on it. You and the rest of the people in this thread, put your money where your mouth is. Bet a lifetime ban it. After all, if the virus is that bad, we will all be dead and not on Gaf, so...
You are treating this like it's a game.

Play it by yourself.

2 new cases of coronavirus reported in Texas' Harris County
From CNN's Devon Sayers

The Harris County Public Health (HCPH) reports two new cases of novel coronavirus in Harris County, Texas.
According to a press release from the agency, a man and a woman from the unincorporated area of northwest Harris County, outside Houston, tested positive for COVID-19. These cases are travel-related and, at this time, there is no evidence of community spread.

You are treating this like it's a game.

Play it by yourself.
I don't remember where I was,
I realised Life was a game,
The more seriously I took things,
the harder the rules became.

I had no idea
my life flashed before my eyes
How little i'd accomplished
Because of Corona lies.

I won't spend my time worrying and panicking about a load of old bollox 🤷‍♂️

Iran is not going to come clean with that, they will continue to report 10-12 deaths per day while claiming 500+ cases per day

lets see their next report. If they did not spread to other contries I would ignore them as updates because of those magic recovery numbers.

Last edited:
It's so freaking random. It's not the same as the seasonal flu though in that regard is it? I wonder if I've ever gotten the flu but never knew it.

The one thing to keep in mind about those no symptoms cases is that they still can spread it or even become super spreaders because they are not being careful.

Jooxed

Gold Member
It's so freaking random. It's not the same as the seasonal flu though in that regard is it? I wonder if I've ever gotten the flu but never knew it.

I had the flu this year, you would know if you had it. It sucks lol. I always thought the flu was just a really bad cold.... until I had it. I literally just slept the entire time and you feel like every part of your body aches.

Feel free to check in with us in about a month's time, we should know by then if the virus has been incubating and spreading. Until then most of us are using this thread for news updates as to where the virus is/how it is affecting daily life in these areas.
The updates are appreciated, without a doubt. I'm not ragging on the work the community are doing here, which is a public service.

Although it is weird that the virus went China>Italy>Iran. It's a weird leap for a spreading disease.

vpance

The one thing to keep in mind about those no symptoms cases is that they still can spread it or even become super spreaders because they are not being careful.

Exactly why everyone is going to get this thing sooner or later. They'll never have enough kits to test everyone so the infected with no symptoms ever just go on infecting others for weeks.

I had the flu this year, you would know if you had it. It sucks lol. I always thought the flu was just a really bad cold.... until I had it. I literally just slept the entire time and you feel like every part of your body aches.

Yeah that's where the regular flu is easy to predict. Only had it once like that in my life.

Jtibh

Banned
The updates are appreciated, without a doubt. I'm not ragging on the work the community are doing here, which is a public service.

Although it is weird that the virus went China>Italy>Iran. It's a weird leap for a spreading disease.

I know it sound very conspiracy like but the truth is china knew from day one and they just let people go around and spread it.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
I spoke to my people at the Grand Central building where the lawyer with COVID worked, and they are furious.
The building has taken 0 precautions, and nobody has contacted them to monitor for symptoms/fever.
Maybe it's American exceptionalism, maybe it's greed, but we're doing a horrible disservice to the people who are vulnerable here.
Until this virus kills some famous people, politicians, or more younger healthy people, it's not going to be taken seriously enough.

Ireland reports 7 new coronavirus cases

The Irish Department of Health has confirmed seven new cases of COVID-19 today, raising the total in the country to 13.

According to the daily report posted on the government’s website, the new patients include four men who “are associated with travel from Northern Italy” and two women who were in contact with other patients. The government says one person “is believed to have caught the virus through community transmission.”

One of the people affected was admitted to Cork University Hospital and is recovering in an isolation unit. The hospital has canceled all outpatient appointments scheduled for Friday “as part of infection control measures."

Texas governor announces new testing labs for coronavirus

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announced a new public testing lab network across the state that he said will allow Texas to process kits more quickly.

"What is starting today is intended to expedite that process. We just now have that capability to make sure we can turn around those test results a whole lot quicker," he told reporters at a press conference today in Austin.
The labs are located in 10 cities: Lubbock, Fort Worth, Dallas, Tyler, El Paso, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Corpus Christi and Harlingen.

cnn links keep glitching out will need to find other sources

Last edited:
Seattle is adding homeless shelters to avoid coronavirus spread

The city of Seattle is working to add new homeless facilities in an attempt to slow the spread of novel coronavirus.
Mayor Jenny Durkan announced that two new groups of “tiny houses” and a repurposed former treatment facility will make it possible for the city to house another 100 people without shelter.
“Our neighbors experiencing homelessness are at greater risk of exposure to COVID-19, And as a City, region, and Country we must act with urgency to address the ongoing impacts of this public health crisis,” Durkan said in a statement.

more cnn stuff without a working link

Last edited:

Karma Jawa

My place of work isn’t messing about. Full on deep clean including chemical spray.

Rumours of another positive diagnosis not far from where I work. The problem is that it’s in the heart of Bristol’s financial district, and there’s constant visits between here and London.

The UK government seem pretty indifferent, which is a bit odd considering most Tory voters are elderly. The general consensus among people I know is that they’re not too worried about getting the virus themselves; they’re more anxious about their elderly relatives and potential panic buying.

And yeah there’s definitely a few that hope someone gets infected and we all get a couple of weeks off.

Angelcurio

Second case in Dominican Republic, a 70 years old canadian woman, hypertense, that was on vacation on a hotel. Her husband has not shown symptoms.

Diario Libre

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
  • Santa Clara County total hits 20 as 6 new cases confirmed
  • San Francisco mayor reports first 2 cases in the city
  • New Jersey Lt. Gov confirms 2nd "presumptive" case
  • 2 more cases confirmed in Texas's Harris County
  • NYC asks travelers from 5 countries to 'self-quarantine'
  • Trump refuses to answer questions about testing kit shortage
  • NY state cases double to 22
  • Washington state reports another 20 cases
  • Palestinian territories confirm 7 cases
  • Seattle closes 26 schools
  • Pentagon tracking 12 possible COVID-19 cases
  • 35 passengers aboard 'Grand Princess' showing flu-like symptoms
  • Another senior Iranian figure dies
  • Illinois reports 5 more cases
  • NYC reports 2 more cases, raising total to 4
  • Italy postpones referendum vote; death toll hits 148
  • WHO's Tedros: "Now's the time to pull out the stops"
  • Tennessee confirms case
  • Nevada confirms first case
  • New Delhi closes primary schools
  • EU officials weigh pushing retired health-care workers back into service to combat virus
  • Italy to ask EU for permission to raise budget deficit as lawmakers approve €7.5 billion euros
  • Beijing tells residents not to share food
  • 30-year-old Chinese man dies in Wuhan 5 days after hospital discharge
  • Cali authorities tell 'Grand Princess' cruise ship not to return to port until everyone is tested
  • Global case total passes 95k
  • Lebanon sees cases double to 31
  • France deaths climb to 7, cases up 138 to 423
  • EY sends 1,500 Madrid employees home after staffer catches virus
  • Trump says he has a "hunch" true virus mortality rate is closer to 1%
  • Switzerland reports 1st death
  • South Africa confirms 1st case
  • UK chief medical officer confirms 'human-to-human' infections are happening in UK
  • UK case total hits 115
  • Google, Apple, Netflix cancel events
  • HSBC sends research department and part of London trading floor home
  • Facebook contract infected in Seattle
  • Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Netflix cancel events and/or ask employees to work from home
  • Netherlands cases double to 82
  • Spain cases climb 40, 1 new death
  • Belgium reports 27 new cases bringing total to 50
  • Germany adds 87 cases bringing total to 349

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Still no cases in my city or state yet.

Only a matter of time. People especially in my city are careless and flakey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom