• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev Kev

Instead of panic buying groceries my wife and I hit the dispensary and liquor store. Time to try and forget this week for a while. Have a great night GAF! ❤

yjuKoep.jpg

just got my vape refill last night. just in time too bc i dont know what things are gonna be like a week from now. i dont think things are going to completely lockdown... but if they at least i got that and some videos games/netflix to kill time

gamerMan

If we could get demo's on young people in hospitals it would paint a clear picture and allow us to tackle this smartly without crashing the entire system. But I guess asking those questions some how turns you into a itsjusttheflubro.

More people between 25 and 50 are being hospitalized in Italy according to the local news. From what I have heard most 40 and 50-year-olds need intensive care. If they are not given intensive care, the death rate among middle age people will increase.

daveonezero

Banned
Get on it, cause time is running out, mane
I don't plan on going anywhere. If I lose access to watching movies that will be ok. :/

now that the media can STFU about asking Trump about handshakes and tests, I wonder what else is next for our fun weeks ahead?
I think its just important to find the good sources of information first and foremost. The government and media are throwing spit balls at each other. Meanwhile cities are getting locked down. Its really not up for them to panic and decide what people should do.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
But the death toll isnt the only issue here. There are enough people who are getting sick enough to require hospitalization, and for long periods. The health services are being completely overwhelmed, it has happened country after country, which only compounds the problem. We in Canada have literally watched it in real time sweep across the world, we are well aware of the havoc it is wreaking on health systems worldwide. By this point in time drastic measures, on a level we haven't witnessed in our lifetimes, are needed.
I have yet to see evidence of this.

Again if the majority of people who die are old it follows the majority in hospitals would be old.

The data also shows that 92% have mild symptoms. I assume mild means no hospital?

Italy and China had issues because of old people. SK and Japan didnt collapse.

But like i said key is to keep it away from the elderly. We would be better off quarantine old people over closing schools. Keep old people away from this the hospitals can stay clear.

Anyways if u want to continue with this discussion go to my other thread.

Karma Jawa

No.

The UK advice for people in your condition is to isolate for 7 days.

Not go to the supermarket and knowingly endanger others.

It's mind bending that you think not only is it cool for you to go out and about knowingly infecting others but you are still ranting about the far right being bastards here.

Stay home for fucksakes.

With no food?

It went from a slight cough to a rough cough in less than 24 hours. I went in early, stocked up, and got out. The only things I made contact with were the things I bought, and I ran them through the checkout myself.

And fuck the Tories. Their strategy is basically ‘let’s do an Italy’. Give it two weeks and the news from the UK will be about the NHS being overrun. Feel free to quote me on that.

Pasedo

Seems like even Dr's are trying to keep away from getting sick. I've been waiting at the Medical centre now for 2. 5hours and there's only one young Dr on...all I want btw is just a script renewal which sucks as I have to wait for something so simple. I think the older Dr's are thinking fuck that I'm not exposing myself to this shit and staying home.

nbcjr

Uk's strategy is really risky. If it fails, the party will be so demolished that even brexit may be reversed by a new voting.

Now the freaking secretary of state for health posts UK's strategy under a paywall.

RIP UK

Last edited:
I have yet to see evidence of this.

Again if the majority of people who die are old it follows the majority in hospitals would be old.

The data also shows that 92% have mild symptoms. I assume mild means no hospital?

Italy and China had issues because of old people. SK and Japan didnt collapse.

But like i said key is to keep it away from the elderly. We would be better off quarantine old people over closing schools. Keep old people away from this the hospitals can stay clear.

Anyways if u want to continue with this discussion go to my other thread.

You've got to be joking here right? You want evidence of people requiring hospitalization? You want evidence of hospitals, more importantly intensive care units, being overwhelmed? I mean for starters there is 200 pages of this thread you can peruse. Tons of information for you to read up on. Beyond that there is at least two months of reports all over you can find to provide you with evidence.

Edit: here, this was posted after I posted this reply. I'll screenshot it and make it easy for you.

qdPaBEJ.jpg

All those people requiring intensive care will eventually cripple the system as the numbers keep rising and rising. But hey, we just need to hide the elderly and we will be alright!

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Great I’m 42 so I though I was going to be in the I’ll get it but I can ride it out bracket. To shit I might Be in intensive care.

as far as I know. No underlying health issues.
man.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
If I weren't broke right now, I'd buy a cheap bottle of Vodka and say fuck it for tonight.

Stock up on that quarantine booze.

Well my gigs are getting cancelled left right and centre. Still got a few for st paddy's lined up and I'm going to assume parents stop sending their kids in for lessons and my teaching schedule tapers off. I think I'll head up to northern Ontario next weekend to live with my mom while this shit goes down. Only problem is she hates it when I drink and I don't know how else I'm supposed to pass the time for a good 4-8 weeks

Spanish PM’s wife tests positive for coronavirus

French politician tests positive for coronavirus

2,800 coronavirus cases now reported in the US, with 58 deaths

Two New York State Assembly members among state's coronavirus cases

Detroit Pistons player tests positive for coronavirus
A player fo the Detroit Pistons tested positive for coronavirus, the team announced Saturday. The team would not identify the player.

This is the third NBA player to test positive for coronavirus. The other two were Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert and guard Donovan Mitchell.

The Pistons are “working closely with team medical staff, state and local government and public health officials and the NBA on reporting. The individual will remain in isolation and under the care of team medical staff," the team's statement read.

The Pistons played the Jazz on Saturday, March 7. After two players tested positive for coronavirus, the team decided to test players and asked them to self-isolate until further notice.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news...0-intl-hnk/h_df70fdec67254d2f72a53dbb0dcf2ae7

Kazza

Also... why do i keep seeing in articles that China has it under control. How does that make sense? Even if they have the Wuhan region under control how are they escaping the rest of their country having the same cycle at this point?

Because it has, for now. Other provinces were put under almost total lock-down soon after Wuhan was quarantined. The place where I live is over 1000 km from Wuhan, but everybody has been pretty much confined to their own homes for the past 6 weeks. Only one person per household was allowed to leave their residential complex once every 2 days, although pretty much everyone I know just made a big shop once a week. The daily number of newly confirmed cases still rose for about two weeks, and then gradually became fewer and fewer. The city where I am has now gone 3 weeks with zero newly confirmed infections. Things are just beginning to relax where I am (shops reopening etc), although the amount of traffic and people in the shops is still much less than usual.

I was quite happy and optimistic about the whole thing, until I started looking at predictions from some western experts about how the virus will just come back again. People here took the first quarantine period with patience and understanding, but a second round would be really disappointing. Those doctor/nurses unmasking videos have a slight hint of Bush's "mission accomplished" banner to them right now.

China all better now

Whatever one thinks of the Chinese government, that shouldn't stop everyone from being pleased for these health workers. Many from the whole of China went to Wuhan to help wirth the outbreak, and it must have been hell.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Because it has, for now. Other provinces were put under almost total lock-down soon after Wuhan was quarantined. The place where I live is over 1000 km from Wuhan, but everybody has been pretty much confined to their own homes for the past 6 weeks. Only one person per household was allowed to leave their residential complex once every 2 days, although pretty much everyone I know just made a big shop once a week. The daily number of newly confirmed cases still rose for about two weeks, and then gradually became fewer and fewer. The city where I am has now gone 3 weeks with zero newly confirmed infections. Things are just beginning to relax where I am (shops reopening etc), although the amount of traffic and people in the shops is still much less than usual.

I was quite happy and optimistic about the whole thing, until I started looking at predictions from some western experts about how the virus will just come back again. People here took the first quarantine period with patience and understanding, but a second round would be really disappointing. Those doctor/nurses unmasking videos have a slight hint of Bush's "mission accomplished" banner to them right now.

Whatever one thinks of the Chinese government, that shouldn't stop everyone from being pleased for these health workers. Many from the whole of China went to Wuhan to help wirth the outbreak, and it must have been hell.

Really going to be interested in where things are in a couple of weeks to see if the disease does not flare up again after things return to normal in terms of free travel.

YtjGQ6Q.jpg

Based on todays price of gas , 77canadian cents a liter , i expect a huge drop on the stock market. Bigger than anything before

That is a whole new topic. Trump might think he can save the markets with one epic line up of CEOs on stage but I don't really think he can do it every single day going forward.

Soudi Arabia ain't happy right now none of the Oil guys are very pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom