• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

diffusionx

Gold Member

No, it's not. I've said this many times. The testing regime we have is just generating gaudy case numbers with no context, used to scare people. It is total bullshit. The misuse of the data is like nothing I have ever seen. It is far more useful just to shut this nonsense down. It is not helping us at all.

For example - CNN talking about "record number of cases" without pointing out we are testing 30% more than the last time the "record" was set, and about 10x more than the previous record.

Or when some media site talks about how South Korea and Taiwan crushed the virus, without bringing up the fact that they barely test.

Or how the media has just totally memoryholed the NYT article about how the test numbers are vastly inflated and are almost certainly counting people who aren't contagious, etc.

It's just complete bullshit.

Saruhashi

Banned
No, it's not. I've said this many times. The testing regime we have is just generating gaudy case numbers with no context, used to scare people. It is total bullshit. The misuse of the data is like nothing I have ever seen. It is far more useful just to shut this nonsense down. It is not helping us at all.

For example - CNN talking about "record number of cases" without pointing out we are testing 30% more than the last time the "record" was set, and about 10x more than the previous record.

Or when some media site talks about how South Korea and Taiwan crushed the virus, without bringing up the fact that they barely test.

Or how the media has just totally memoryholed the NYT article about how the test numbers are vastly inflated and are almost certainly counting people who aren't contagious, etc.

Yeah, it's like they take advantage of the publics lack of knowledge and use it to stoke fear.

Its like a runner on social media saying " I travelled 10km faster than ever before" and getting congratulations etc but never letting on that they drove or cycled the 10km this time.

A better stat would have been the % of positive tests, number of hospitalizations and number of deaths per day.

The usefulness of raw numbers of cases is good for creating models since it shows the effectiveness of testing and shows surges in specific areas etc. Maybe not so useful for the public.

There is just a refusal to contextualise anything and a willingness to jump on anyone who tried to introduce context.

Yeah, it's like they take advantage of the publics lack of knowledge and use it to stoke fear.

Its like a runner on social media saying " I travelled 10km faster than ever before" and getting congratulations etc but never letting on that they drove or cycled the 10km this time.

A better stat would have been the % of positive tests, number of hospitalizations and number of deaths per day.

The usefulness of raw numbers of cases is good for creating models since it shows the effectiveness of testing and shows surges in specific areas etc. Maybe not so useful for the public.

There is just a refusal to contextualise anything and a willingness to jump on anyone who tried to introduce context.
The only numbers that really matter are hospitalizations, icu capacity, and deaths. All this nonsense about mild cases causing lasting effects is largely bullshit to stoke unnecessary fear. What matters are how many people need a hospital bed and are they able to get one. Thousands of people getting temporary cold/flu symptoms is not interesting or helpful.

diffusionx

Gold Member
The only numbers that really matter are hospitalizations, icu capacity, and deaths. All this nonsense about mild cases causing lasting effects is largely bullshit to stoke unnecessary fear. What matters are how many people need a hospital bed and are they able to get one. Thousands of people getting temporary cold/flu symptoms is not interesting or helpful.

It's funny because if you go back to the early days of this, they focused entirely on hospitalizations and deaths, but quickly shifted as those plummeted and testing ramped up.

The Bill Gates testing regime was put into place to justify the measures, always, that is its sole purpose. The idea that we need to destroy our society because thousands of people got infected with a virus and didn't realize it is so fucking absurd it defies belief.

Birdo

Banned
I went for my last walk around town before lockdown.

It was PACKED full of people :messenger_grinning_squinting: Another wave coming in a few weeks.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I am far from 97, but if I were, I would rather catch COVID from my daughter and die 2 weeks later than be stuck in a miserable isolation in a home for months and indefinitely without seeing her.

This is what big government looks like and it is pure evil.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Now that it looks like Biden "won" the election, my guess is a miserable lockdown-filled 2021 is on the cards in the USA.

I'm hoping that predictable post-election mess will eventually see Trump come out on top, even if it takes weeks or months. If Biden takes it then all hope that the world will eventually snap out of this fear-driven delusion is gone because Sweden, unfortunately, has been easy enough to ignore/slander. Even the worldwide protests barely receive any attention. The corporate media has a stranglehold on the masses and it's painting a very skewed picture of the world.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I went bowling a few days ago and then ate at a small restaurant. Shit was packed. Texas. Still not dead/still haven't gotten rona.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
0a8df961f861c0e64dfd22e420407c5f.png

how fitting

diffusionx

Gold Member
1.5 million tests, 30%-50% more on a daily basis than over the summer

100,000 "positive" cases, 30%-50% more on a daily basis than over the summer (so, the same rate)

~1000 new hospitalizations

So 99,000 people are told they have the flu and stay home until they feel better, if they even notice they have it, let's destroy our country over this.

I went bowling a few days ago and then ate at a small restaurant. Shit was packed. Texas. Still not dead/still haven't gotten rona.

Does anyone know what Arizona is like these days? I am interviewing for a position there and would love to get the hell out of here before it turns into a John Carpenter movie.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

Gold Member
Does anyone know what Arizona is like these days? I am interviewing for a position there and would love to get the hell out of here before it turns into a John Carpenter movie.

It's fine. Cases are up, but people out here generally don't care. Everything is open in some capacity.

carlosrox

Banned
Imagine taking this thing seriously.

It's seriously like they're just fucking with us now with this shit.

At WHAT point do people see this as a fucking farce?
G7f38XK.jpg

Oh and I guess deaf people can't read. They have to have some fucking yahoo signing and making idiotic faces on stage every single time.

Blows my mind how stupid this world is.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Beautiful.

Sums this whole thing up perfectly. They're either too stupid to know how this looks, or they know exactly what they're doing.

Take your fucking pick.
7QuUa2N.jpg

D8mBJWf.jpg

diffusionx

Gold Member
Sure, whatever you say.

C4FkFue.jpg

it doesn't matter, if nobody is getting hospitalized and nobody is dying.

Think about it - when you get the flu in the middle of January, is it a five alarm fire? No you stay home and sleep it off. Last time I got the flu a few years ago I didn't even go to the doctor.

That is what this thing is for 49% of people. The other 50%, they don't even know they have it because they have no symptoms or they are super mild.

Last edited:

Skelter

Banned

Fucking stupid.

WoJ

35 days into our 28 day lockdown

Oct 1st - 933 cases
today - 1133 cases

Mask and Lockdown say what.

Hospitalizations 539
ICU 77

1st wave peak was 1876 and 227

Just remember, lockdowns are the only way. AND all these measures actually work. It's all the people ignoring the lockdown and not wearing masks in public places responsible for this.

35 days into our 28 day lockdown

Oct 1st - 933 cases
today - 1133 cases

Mask and Lockdown say what.

Hospitalizations 539
ICU 77

1st wave peak was 1876 and 227
Just imagine how bad it would be without the lockdown!!!!!!!!

- that’s the only thing the people in charge of these lockdowns will say. They will never ever admit any kind of mistake. If things are good, the lockdown is working. If things are bad, it would’ve been worse without the lockdown.

BigBooper

Welp, I tested negative for the rona, then developed a whole body rash. Went to get flu and strep test at local clinic, they told me to do rona test again, they told me they thought I had the rona and told of their pastor who'd tested negative twice before ending up in the ER with it. Negative for flu, strep, and rona again.

Went to a different doctor yesterday. He also said he was pretty sure I had it. He'd had a nurse in their office come down with it with a rash like I had.

A few of my relatives have been confirmed with it the past few weeks, including my mom, probably my dad, an aunt, possibly another aunt, and a cousin.

For me, I had a bad headache on the first day of symptoms. I developed a 2F degree fever that went up and down for four days. Never over 101. My joints ached. I had chills for two days. After that, I've not had any symptoms.

My dad had a headache and fever for one day.

My mother also had a bad headache the first two days. A low fever for 6 days. Minor congestion feeling in her sinuses. Aching joints.

One of my aunts is a hypochondriac type, and she went to the hospital for a few hours while they gave her fluids. She had a fever and is now recovering.

Overall, based on our family experience with it, it feels really overblown to me. Maybe we got the more contagious, less deadly version, but it was not really worse than a bad cold for me.

Just remember, lockdowns are the only way. AND all these measures actually work. It's all the people ignoring the lockdown and not wearing masks in public places responsible for this.
This is the logic that makes it impossible to ever stop lockdowns. No, it can't be that lockdowns don't work, it's that people don't properly follow them!

Where's the evidence? <insert random "listen to science" without any actual science here>

diffusionx

Gold Member
Welp, I tested negative for the rona, then developed a whole body rash. Went to get flu and strep test at local clinic, they told me to do rona test again, they told me they thought I had the rona and told of their pastor who'd tested negative twice before ending up in the ER with it. Negative for flu, strep, and rona again.

Went to a different doctor yesterday. He also said he was pretty sure I had it. He'd had a nurse in their office come down with it with a rash like I had.

A few of my relatives have been confirmed with it the past few weeks, including my mom, probably my dad, an aunt, possibly another aunt, and a cousin.

For me, I had a bad headache on the first day of symptoms. I developed a 2F degree fever that went up and down for four days. Never over 101. My joints ached. I had chills for two days. After that, I've not had any symptoms.

My dad had a headache and fever for one day.

My mother also had a bad headache the first two days. A low fever for 6 days. Minor congestion feeling in her sinuses. Aching joints.

One of my aunts is a hypochondriac type, and she went to the hospital for a few hours while they gave her fluids. She had a fever and is now recovering.

Overall, based on our family experience with it, it feels really overblown to me. Maybe we got the more contagious, less deadly version, but it was not really worse than a bad cold for me.

No, that is coronavirus. That is what we are shutting down our entire society for, destroying our economy, forcing millions of businesses to close, ruining the mental health of millions of people. Over a fever and a cough.

Last edited:
No, that is coronavirus. That is what we are shutting down our entire society for, destroying our economy, forcing millions of businesses to close, ruining the mental health of millions of people. Over a fever and a cough.
But some people are dying. We need to destroy our society to prevent death.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Beautiful.

Sums this whole thing up perfectly. They're either too stupid to know how this looks, or they know exactly what they're doing.

Take your fucking pick.
7QuUa2N.jpg

D8mBJWf.jpg

OK, now this is the 2020 image of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom