• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only update on him I could find

I did not know he lost his inlaws to this I would give him a break. He was just not thinking and really looked nervous

I know, I know Inside Edition is like the worst ass source out there. Could not find the TMZ link

Last edited:
Its extremely common to have a lingering cough after any respiratory illness, sometimes for months. Doesn't mean you're infectious.

Is that so. You have been dropping some knowledge on us lately D Dr.Guru of Peru I really have no reason to doubt you.
Unfortunately the man tried to do a good thing by going on TV but the outcome was not a good look. Not everyone will have your knowledge and understanding of how these things work.

betrayal

Banned
New cases in China steadily declining.
South Korea probably peaking or even declining.
Even Italy's number for new infections declined.

Yesterday, the daily growth factor for new cases worldwide was < 1. Anything between 0 and 1 means that the virus will eventually be stopped. It will probably rise again in the next few days (because countries start doing extensive testing for the virus), but according to the figures, the end of the world will probably be postponed for the time being. So sorry to some folks. You will probably survive, but I'm sure that the funny videos without meaningful context will continue to be posted on twitter, as it was already the case with China.

Last edited:

sinnergy

New cases in China steadily declining.
South Korea probably peaking or even declining.
Even Italy's number for new infections declined.

Yesterday, the daily growth factor for new cases worldwide was < 1. Anything between 0 and 1 means that the virus will eventually be stopped. It will probably rise again in the next few days (because countries start doing extensive testing for the virus), but according to the figures, the end of the world will probably be postponed for the time being. So sorry to some folks. You will probably survive, but I'm sure that the funny videos without meaningful context will continue to be posted on twitter, as it was already the case with China.
Ofcourse they take rigoureus measures, because that’s what’s needed, 20 million still in quarantine in China, that’s more than my countries population, for more than a month , Holland 18 million people.

Italy also did a quarantine!

In the meantime in my country with their half baked measures we closed 4 hospitals in 5 days, because of not willing to test people 🤣🥴 and now it spreads .

Last edited:

Naru

Is this truly authentic? Why are the big news sites not reporting this? If true, this is beyond alarming.
Why would they? It's Iran, we have it under control, the risk for the american people is low, don't panic, buy stock (no masks or hand sanitizer though) etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:
Is this truly authentic? Why are the big news sites not reporting this? If true, this is beyond alarming.

Why would it be authentic? It is not a verified account, it is not from FOX NEWS, MSNBC, CNN or any other main stream media. So why would you even feel it is authentic?

It could be fake. You can call it fake and end it there. What is important is what you THINK. How do you verify what your eyes see is up to you. Ask yourself if what you find true depends on who tells you it is true or do you take the time to discern things for yourself.
Who is the authentic stamp?

When I looked at that video all I saw was people trying to share something, can't really tell you the context or what it means.
So that video is not very alarming to me because you simply cannot verify it in the context they are trying to fit it in. If you don't have a context that main stream media can spin they will never find it worth their brand of verification.

These days Mass Media does the thinking for us and we don't actively do anything. No CNN is not going to report this, it does not mean it is untrue though. It could very well be what it claims to be but does not have the resources to be verified as authentic because those doors are not open to it.

People with little respurces or outlets will still find a way to share their stories. They don't need us to believe in their experiences.

what makes me want to believe those videos as real, is the fact they don't come professionally wrapped with context. It looks made by a human in shock who has no training in how to shape a story with context. They just film an event and hope someone will retweet it but being so vague hurts their credibility, they don't know that though, they may think they are heroes for sneaking footage out of Iran. These are humans reacting to events around them. They want to help but they don't know how to tell a clear story, these become ghost stories for conspiracy hashtags.

Last edited:

betrayal

Banned
also in before betrayal betrayal betrayal betrayal disingenuously calls it a decline for South Korea from only the first numbers
They just announced 374 in addition to the earlier reported 600 from today....

I forgot about the 2nd update, my bad. I still don't see a problem. That the number of cases there would increase due to the religious sect was to be expected. Over 125.000 tests done and about 5.100 came back positive (infected). That's not too bad, considering that most of the tests were done on people who had contact with infected people.

Furthermore, fucking stop spreading panic here with constantly posting linear increases, that don't provide any context and which say virtually nothing about the global development and spread of the virus.

The number of those currently infected is decreasing, while the number of those cured continues to rise. If both trends continue in this way, nothing will happen in terms of the spread of the virus. Sure, China has a big part in this, but every other country in the world still has a chance to stop the virus. I remember not long ago, there were enough scaremongers here who claimed that China was hiding numbers and that people were collapsing and dying on the streets like flies. Ridiculously, these are now the very people who are constantly shouting "China has only stopped the virus because they are a dictatorship and no other country can ever do that".

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I hope they do this.

Up to a million people could be tested for coronavirus by the end of week, the FDA said Monday, as cases across the US rose to more than 100 and health officials warned that the number will keep climbing.

Cases of the virus have now been reported in 12 states -- the majority of them in California and Washington state, where six people have died.

About a quarter of the current cases were likely transmitted through US communities, officials have said, meaning they were not travel-related.

Not sure if I believe this will happen in a week unless these tests are free, even South Korea has not reached anywhere close to these numbers yet

Not a bad thing if they did go ahead and test that many. If true a good move I think. Better to know than to leave it in doubt and let people run around making up fears from not knowing. This way if the numbers of positive cases are low they can back up it up when they tell people they don't need to worry.

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

This thread is just 4 people spamming, you only work yourself up more and more.

3mwd5n.gif

Another Iffy questionable report

The British government has said that "it is possible that up to one fifth of employees may be absent from work" during the peak of a coronavirus epidemic in the UK.

According to its coronavirus action plan, published Tuesday, "police would concentrate on responding to serious crimes and maintaining public order" in the case of a significant loss of officers and staff.

Other measures put in place in the event of the disease becoming "established in the UK," would be: "school closures, encouraging greater home working, (and) reducing the number of large scale gatherings."

They don't have the numbers for this. Unless they expect Wuhan numbers in the UK

edit: replaced live link with a replay link

Last edited:

DKehoe

Another Iffy questionable report

They don't have the numbers for this. Unless they expect Wuhan numbers in the UK

Seems like it’s just reporting on one of the worst case scenarios. You have to be able to plan for these sorts of scenarios. A “here’s what could happen” rather than what’s likely.

Seems like it’s just reporting on one of the worst case scenarios. You have to be able to plan for these sorts of scenarios. A “here’s what could happen” rather than what’s likely.

I get that part that it is possible but I doubt it could peak that far I hope.

I'm watching the video above it is long so it will take a while for me to get the statement in context

edit: you are right they are planning for the worst just heard it on the video

Last edited:

they really are trying to catch up with the numbers

no one seems to trust them with the deaths though (take the source below with a huge rock salt)

So they would have to report 1k deaths for people to back off?

Last edited:

DKehoe

I get that part that it is possible but I doubt it could peak that far I hope.

I'm watching the video above it is long so it will take a while for me to get the statement in context

edit: you are right they are planning for the worst just heard it on the video

Media outlets are always going to report on the more extreme scenarios since they are more interesting. “People should make sure to wash their hands properly” doesn’t really drive the clicks.

Media outlets are always going to report on the more extreme scenarios since they are more interesting. “People should make sure to wash their hands properly” doesn’t really drive the clicks.

I know that is why I wanted to look for the a video, the above was live so it is the whole thing. Much better to watch the briefing than to read CNN's report on it that is for sure

jts

...hate me...
Portugal reported 2 first confirmed cases a couple of days ago... and nothing since.

Meanwhile they are saying hospitals are at capacity for the covid-19 emergency. What?

It just doesn't add up.

Porcile

ugh

Hosting anything in Japan in summer is stupid anyway. You thought the coronavirus was deadly? Lemme introduce you to the sun.

Ma-Yuan

Well close to the final blow for my family trip to Thailand >< Was expecting the other way around when that all started. Not that Thailand will prevent me from going there :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Hosting anything in Japan in summer is stupid anyway. You thought the coronavirus was deadly? Lemme introduce you to the sun.

I always hear that place is really hot during the summer. I guess it would not hurt if not delayed too much, it would be good around Oct Nov during election season here in the US. TV stations won't like it lowest ratings ever or something.

Pope Francis, who is suffering from a cold, has tested negative for the coronavirus, an Italian newspaper reported on Tuesday, as Italy battles Europe's worst outbreak.

they would not lie to us about something like that right?

Now we have some context and I am not sure that made it any better for me

I want to put a special note for this source: Global Times is China's national English language newspaper, under the People's Daily.

They threw Italy under the bus, and now using Iran's silly shit against them. Perfection at work folks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom