• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twenty-three members of Iran’s 290-member “Majlis” or parliament have tested positive for the novel coronavirus, according to Iran’s Deputy Parliament Speaker Abdul Reza Misri.

That's about about 8% of all members of parliament.
Misri made the announcement while speaking to reporters in Tehran today, citing an open letter to Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei from Iran’s Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani.

In the letter, MPs were also called on to halt contact with the public to avoid further spread of the disease.

Closer and closer to NYC

A man who lives in Westchester County, New York, and works in Manhattan tested positive for coronavirus, the Gov. Andrew Cuomo said on a local radio program this morning.

The patient, who has an underlying respiratory illness, is hospitalized, Cuomo said on Long Island News Radio.

betrayal

Banned
Bruce Aylward from the WHO and China Joint Mission said:
I think the key learning from China is speed — it’s all about the speed. The faster you can find the cases, isolate the cases, and track their close contacts, the more successful you’re going to be. [...]

People keep saying [the cases are the] tip of the iceberg. But we couldn’t find that. We found there’s a lot of people who are cases, a lot of close contacts — but not a lot of asymptomatic circulation of this virus in the bigger population. And that’s different from flu. [...]

China got patients in treatment early and have highly sophisticated health care treatment procedures. They are really good at keeping people alive with this disease. They have a survival rate (with a mortality rate of just under 1% outside of Hubei province) for this disease I would not extrapolate to the rest of the world. What you’ve seen in Italy and Iran is that a lot of people are dying.

Panic and hysteria are not appropriate. This is a disease that is in the cases and their close contacts. It’s not a hidden enemy lurking behind bushes. Get organized, get educated, and get working."

Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Last edited:

Siri

Banned

they would not lie to us about something like that right?

When Pope Jean Paul the 2nd died, the church said that seconds before he passed away he opened his eyes and said, “Amen.”

He was in toxic shock. So no way that could have happened. They just lie. I used to be shocked by this sort of thing from religious groups, but now I expect it.

1. Arizona – 1
  2. California – 20
  3. Florida — 2
  4. Illinois — 4
  5. Massachusetts — 2
  6. New York — 2
  7. Oregon — 3
  8. Rhode Island — 2
  9. Washington state —18 (includes 6 fatalities)
  10. Wisconsin — 1
  11. New Hampshire — 1
  12. Georgia — 2

sinnergy

When was the first case? To go from zero to 24 damn
5 days ago. Counted ones , In Hospital , because the rest that is sick and coughing can’t be tested 🤪 not Ill enough ... so numbers mean nothing.

In the mean time people start infecting other people ...

You see we are young but elderly seemed f-ed.

My sister had same symptoms could be corona or flu, she called the doctor, and she was told nothing to worry is flu 🤣 they know via telephone ☎️, advanced tech.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Does it always cause fever on sick people? How about just respiratory issues and no fever?
Yes. That’s why it’s hard to contain, you could have no symptoms at all but be contagious. Infecting people with everyday things, like shopping, going to the barbershop. And meet people with worse health and get them in the hospital.

Last edited:

eot

Banned
Does it always cause fever on sick people? How about just respiratory issues and no fever?
Fever was something like 95%+ of cases I think (although that might just be in symptomatic people)

Last edited:
C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Now we have some context and I am not sure that made it any better for me

I want to put a special note for this source: Global Times is China's national English language newspaper, under the People's Daily.

They threw Italy under the bus, and now using Iran's silly shit against them. Perfection at work folks.

That last guy has the eyes of a man who realizes he just signed his own death warrant.

My father in law, who works for a very very large US company, has been told not to fly for work for the foreseeable future. He usually flies to Texas and other places every week.

Wwg1wga

He is such a fuckin buffoon. It is unreal. This moron is the president folks.

xdkP1Dk.jpg

Joe T.

I think we have reached some kind of new level here :pie_thinking:

That sounds like an oversimplified and mischaracterized version of the theory I saw on Youtube, but the Twitter account's associated with The Verge which makes it par for the course. I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but it's an hour long deep dive and not something I'd want anyone watching unless I knew they had a sound, skeptical mind - there's a mix of established science/facts, some of it outside the mainstream, and pure conjecture that could easily lead certain people to run with it.

There's been a lot of concern around 5G coming from scientists because of the lack of independent studies, that contributes to theories like the one above.

I have a hard enough time fending off Covid-19 fears from my mom as it is. Yesterday she was convinced a friend of hers interacted with someone wearing a mask at the grocery store that was just released from the hospital with a mild case of it and was stocking up for self-quarantine. After some grilling I'm 99.99% sure it was just typical gossip based purely on assumptions. If I'm wrong Montreal might see some community spread cases pop up soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's more a statement of differences in their healthcare systems than anything else. Well that and not wanting the hospital you're in to get burned down by idiots.

Also I dont think China has people licking public facilities in an effort to "absorb" the Coronavirus to make it safe for others to visit.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

I think we have reached some kind of new level here :pie_thinking:

We were already there lol

Siri

Banned
Wait - Americans have to pay to get tested, and then if they’re positive they have to go without any financial help for 14 days in quarantine?

Okay, America is fucked then. No way will people with low incomes go anywhere near doctors. The US Govt. is saying it has just over 100 cases. That’s bullshit. And the one thing you don’t want with this disease is your Govt. going into denial and selling horse shit to its citizens.

See Iran for details.

Last edited:

Figures it would land right in the county I work in. I work in a Hospital as well and they are cracking down HARD on who is allowed in certain areas and will be monitoring for anyone showing any symptoms that resemble COVD-19. My Son's field trip to a local theme park on Friday was canceled as well. I am just waiting for the call that schools are shutting down once the spread hits.

My whole family (Outside of me) has been sick since Dec 15. Last thing they need right now is another thing to fight off.

Wait - Americans have to pay to get tested, and then if they’re positive they have to go without any financial help for 14 days in quarantine?

Okay, America is fucked then. No way will people with low incomes go anywhere near doctors. The US Govt. is saying it has just over 100 cases. That’s bullshit. And the one thing you don’t want with this disease is your Govt. going into denial and selling horse shit to its citizens.

See Iran for details.

My Company announced that anyone infected would be allowed to work at home if possible and would work with employees to minimize the impact of this. I feel bad for anyone who doesn't have the ability to minimize the impact on their lives.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom