• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
K.Jack said:
Their excuse is that they changed the interface to take advantage of M/KB, and that's ho they intend it to be played. That's all, really.
Not good enough. That smacks of arrogance. It should be how we the consumers would prefer to play it. And funny thing is people are complaining about the M/KB anyway.
Well, until I play it I'll try to be agnostic. It just irks me when consumers are denied choice for no good reason. Especially when the implementation of that choice would not cost a penny more in development.

MMaRsu

BioWare's Dr Ray Muzyka has been answering your questions live on Eurogamer today.

He's told us that Mass Effect 3 is already in production, hinted that co-op might be a consideration and talked about new games, E3 reveals, DLC and more.

Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?

RAGE

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The loyalty missions are great. Are they required to beat the game or optional?
I've done Miranda, Mordan, and Grunt...all were great, especially Grunt since I got to see
Wrex! He was happy to see me, too.
It seems like you could blow through the main quest in a relatively short amount of time but this is one deep game. I'm 13 hours in and I haven't touched any of the assignments and I haven't done any scanning/exploring. I still have a couple squad mates to find as well. Hopefully I'll know when I get to the point of no return so I don't miss out on any sidequests.
<3 this fuckin game, why do I have to be stuck at work. :(

Ducarmel

Snuggler said:
The loyalty missions are great. Are they required to beat the game or optional?
I've done Miranda, Mordan, and Grunt...all were great, especially Grunt since I got to see
Wrex! He was happy to see me, too.
It seems like you could blow through the main quest in a relatively short amount of time but this is one deep game. I'm 13 hours in and I haven't touched any of the assignments and I haven't done any scanning/exploring. I still have a couple squad mates to find as well. Hopefully I'll know when I get to the point of no return so I don't miss out on any sidequests.
<3 this fuckin game, why do I have to be stuck at work. :(

loyalty mission are not required to beat the game but Bioware for some reason makes it part of the end game. A cheap way to increase the play time, and not make missions specifically about the main story. I guess the way you get the Shepard dies ending is to not do any loyalty mission

There's a ton of interesting things you can do in Coalesced.ini. You change change all types of engine settings. You can alter running speed and regen, planet scanning scroll speed, difficulty settings, weapon damage and ammo, and even change what abilities classes have.

I'm going to play around with this stuff some more.

All the import bonuses are spelled out too.

ME1ImportBonuses=(BonusMinLevel=1,BonusMaxLevel=49,XPBonus=1000,CreditsBonus=20000,ResourceBonus=2500)
ME1ImportBonuses=(BonusMinLevel=50,BonusMaxLevel=59,XPBonus=2000,CreditsBonus=30000,ResourceBonus=5000)
ME1ImportBonuses=(BonusMinLevel=60,BonusMaxLevel=60,XPBonus=4000,CreditsBonus=50000,ResourceBonus=10000)
ME1_RichAchievementCreditBonus=100000
ME1_ParagonRenegadeMaxBonus=190
SecondPlaythrough_CreditsBonus=200000
SecondPlaythrough_ResourceBonus=50000
SecondPlaythrough_AchievementEnumID=ACHIEVEMENT_24_COMPLETE

YES! Praise the lord. That ATI hotfix works and ME2 looks glorious. AA doesn't even effect my FPS whatsoever. Still 60 FPS, fuck me. BioWare really outdid themselves optimizing this game.

Aedile

ElectricBlue187 said:
Ever heard of spoilers?
Jesus fuck

'Shep can die!' was a part of the pre-release hype. It's also mentioned in a loading screen factoid.

From what I've heard,
if everyone dies over the course of the final mission, Shep can complete it and still die at the end.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Captain Blood said:
Hasn't that been talked about since the very beginning PR?

Yeah, I think it was the E3 videos that first mention it. It's also in the achievement descriptions, they're not secret or anything.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
What class would you guys recommend beating insanity with? My poor adept had a rough time on veteran, I can't imagine playing him on the higher settings.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I've got a few exp related questions that i need clarification on ..

Is the amount of exp you get for each mission fixed or does the enemies you killed count too ? and is there an exp bonus if you import your ME2 character and start over ?

Sallokin

I'm fixing to do Jack's loyalty quest, can someone tell me
exactly what I need to do at the end to keep both her an Miranda loyal? Is it just a matter of picking the Paragon/Renegade choices I'm presented with?

Also, can someone tell me
if there are any other loyalty missions where it's possible to alienate a crew member?

eve241

I finished the game but apparently I didn't stumble upon one of the squad members in the official site (the older human guy Zaeed Massani) nor Han Gerrel (a character voiced by Simon Templeman).

Does anyone know how to get to these two characters in the game?

Endow said:
I finished the game but apparently I didn't stumble upon one of the squad members in the official site (the older human guy Zaeed Massani) nor Han Gerrel (a character voiced by Simon Templeman).

Does anyone know how to get to these two characters in the game?
download the dlc.
no idea who Gerrel is

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Anybody else just leave Jack in her room after rescuing her? Don't want that 'extreme' asshole on my ship, thanks.

adamsapple

Sallokin said:
I'm fixing to do Jack's loyalty quest, can someone tell me
exactly what I need to do at the end to keep both her an Miranda loyal? Is it just a matter of picking the Paragon/Renegade choices I'm presented with?

Also, can someone tell me
if there are any other loyalty missions where it's possible to alienate a crew member?

To the first question
yeah if your paragon meter is high you can select the paragon answer and Shepard will talk down both members thus saving you the trouble of siding with one

to the second one
it happens again when you do Legion's personal quest, Legion and tali run into a similar argument

Arde5643

Pankaks said:
What class would you guys recommend beating insanity with? My poor adept had a rough time on veteran, I can't imagine playing him on the higher settings.
Infiltrator or sentinel.

Tech armor is pretty much arcane warrior's shield might and cloak is just too fucking good and useful everywhere (a.rush got nothing on cloak basically in terms of damage and survivability).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
96.7% preloaded, 1 hour 15 minutes to go

this is gone be fyn, boi

Quagm1r3

As an infiltrator, will I only ever pick up ammo for my sniper rifle and sub machine gun? Will I ever be able to replenish the ammo of my heavy pistol?

Dennis

Banned
MisterAnderson said:
YES! Praise the lord. That ATI hotfix works and ME2 looks glorious. AA doesn't even effect my FPS whatsoever. Still 60 FPS, fuck me. BioWare really outdid themselves optimizing this game.
Good to see you got a fix at last :D

mattiewheels said:
Anybody else just leave Jack in her room after rescuing her? Don't want that 'extreme' asshole on my ship, thanks.

Hell no. Jack's story is awesome.

*bumps wall of dropship*
<----- SICKEST MOMENT OF THE GAME SO FAR

For the faces of mass effect. I see people referencing some code. I think my Shepard doesn't look half bad... but where do I find the code that my character is? I thought I saw something like it on the original creation screen but can't seem to find it again.. I'm probably just blind! :D

Who does the voice of Zaeed Massani? And his face looks so well modeled could it be the actors face (minus the scarring obviously)? And who is Thane's voice actor? It does sound somewhat like Gene Hackman from what I've heard but it can't be him, can it? IMDB didn't have the info.

geinou

Neo Member
Nice, my Mass Effect 2 got shipped after all. Now my weekend is safed. Hooray. Or something like that, lol. Seriously... I cannot wait to play this.

Sallokin

chandoog said:
To the first question
yeah if your paragon meter is high you can select the paragon answer and Shepard will talk down both members thus saving you the trouble of siding with one

to the second one
it happens again when you do Legion's personal quest, Legion and tali run into a similar argument

Thanks for the heads up. So essentially, if I'm playing Renegade, I'm screwed on both then?

Zeliard

Slackbladder said:
Who does the voice of Zaeed Massani? And his face looks so well modeled could it be the actors face (minus the scarring obviously)?

Noticed that too, He looks fantastic. I think the three most visually impressive character models, at least in terms of faces, are Zaeed, Grunt and Thane.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
BenjaminBirdie said:
Hell no. Jack's story is awesome.

*bumps wall of dropship*
<----- SICKEST MOMENT OF THE GAME SO FAR
Interestin'. So after the initial bullshit Jack turns out to be okay?

adamsapple

Sallokin said:
Thanks for the heads up. So essentially, if I'm playing Renegade, I'm screwed on both then?

I'm really not sure on this, there is a choice for red renegade answers during those scenes too but I haven't tried them, they either work the same, just negatively, or put you off with both characters I'd imagine.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hmm.

Just beat the game, had to restart a few times, those of you who've also beaten it know why.

I'm quite interested in how Bioware is going to pull off the ME2-ME3 jump, especially if they make it accessable for newcomers like they did for ME2.

Slight spoiler regarding an ME1 character...

Does anyone else think Bioware purposely tried to make Liara into "a badass"?

It seemed kinda like the Raiden transformation from MGS2 to MGS4...but a bit "forced".

Granted, I haven't seen all the comics, nor gone through a session where she was my LI, but it just seems a bit....funky.

Well I ask because I haven't been able to yet. I'm lv 5 and I've only had 24 bullets left for the past 3 levels. Where can I get more ammo?

In order for you to be able to get bullets for your non-current weapon, you have to be "maxed" on your current gun's ammo, or switch to the pistol before picking up a thermal clip.

Zzoram

Quagm1r3 said:
Well I ask because I haven't been able to yet. I'm lv 5 and I've only had 24 bullets left for the past 3 levels. Where can I get more ammo?

You always seem to have just enough. Enemies drop ammo, and certain levels will have respawning ammo temporarily (when you get the Turian).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom