• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Banned
Quagm1r3 said:
Well I ask because I haven't been able to yet. I'm lv 5 and I've only had 24 bullets left for the past 3 levels. Where can I get more ammo?
I don't think it can hold more than 24 bullets at a time. Shoot some and you can pick up ammo to replenish back to 24.

Metroidvania said:
Hmm.

Just beat the game, had to restart a few times, those of you who've also beaten it know why.

I'm quite interested in how Bioware is going to pull off the ME2-ME3 jump, especially if they make it accessable for newcomers like they did for ME2.

Slight spoiler regarding an ME1 character...

Does anyone else think Bioware purposely tried to make Liara into "a badass"?

It seemed kinda like the Raiden transformation from MGS2 to MGS4...but a bit "forced".

Granted, I haven't seen all the comics, nor gone through a session where she was my LI, but it just seems a bit....funky.
I haven't finished with the loyalty missions, so don't talk about anything beyond that.

About
Liara, she was my love interest in ME1. When you first meet her, your character and her will share a brief hug and one (maybe two) kisses. Then she starts talking to you about hacking. It sucks because, well, I was expecting something more from it. Here's hoping there's some DLC that centers around Liara.

Dennis

Banned
Dax01 said:
I haven't finished with the loyalty missions, so don't talk about anything beyond that.

About
Liara, she was my love interest in ME1. When you first meet her, your character and her will share a brief hug and one (maybe two) kisses. Then she starts talking to you about hacking. It sucks because, well, I was expecting something more from it. Here's hoping there's some DLC that centers around Liara.
I suspect
Liara may play a big role in ME 3

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dax01 said:
About

Yeah, I felt the same way about that.
I wonder what it's like if you romanced/saved Carth, since I did neither.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Liara is
directly competing against the infamous Shadow Broker, that can be a major plot point in the third one .. but at least she isn't all bitchy like Ashley, although even though she was the love interest from the first game her reaction is still very .. meh ..

dolgrimm

Neo Member
so, what class should i pick for my second insanity playthrough, and extra power?
first one was on veteran but was getting easy way to fast.
i choose infiltrator first, but i dont like it.

Drahcir

Zeliard said:
On occasions like this, I try to think back to Jeff Green saying that everything that we think of that devs could have done to make something in their game better, they considered it.

Even so, it's hard to imagine how anyone at Bioware thought that releasing armor that feature helmets which completely cover Shepard's face at all times and cannot be removed is something that people would prefer, in a game that's at least 50% conversation. Just one of those truly puzzling design decisions.

Can something like this be changed through an update? I mean, if people complain about it enough to Bioware? I put on the Terminus armor when I got it and when I noticed you couldn't take off the helmet, I took it right off. And you're on the money about how the game features so much interaction that this little design choice really impacts it. I love looking at my character's facial expression. It's the eyes.

Van Owen

Banned
Made a female Sheppard for my first ruthless bitch play through. I think she looks pretty decent. :D

2ryqe4n.png

dr5wxs.png

106le05.png

I copied the creation code if anyone wants it. You can always change little things like hair color to suit your needs.

Dennis

Banned
Does anyone else think the mouse sensitivity is crazy high on PC ?

I have set camera sensitivity to low in the settings but stil...

It actually feels better for me when I lower the framerate by putting on massive amounts of AA :lol

TheExodu5

Banned
DennisK4 said:
Does anyone else think the mouse sensitivity is crazy high on PC ?

I have set camera sensitivity to low in the settings but stil...

It actually feels better for me when I lower the framerate by putting on massive amounts of AA :lol

I just lower the DPI on my mouse from 1600 -> 800.

TheExodu5 said:
No, I mean the fact that you think she looks ugly and manly.

lol yea...im with you...wtf? I know a few women in RL who take after thier father...but they still look good as hell...

anyways...

I am on Mordin's loyalty mission and I have to say...some of the writing/conversations in this level is some of the best I have experienced in a videogame. I was so engaged in some of the conversations with mordin that it felt as If I was watching a convo written by tarantino(not that the convo is tarantino-esque...but more like I was engaged as I was in some of the conversations in his movies). My hats off to the writer and the voice actor for mordin...this character has not dissapointed me yet.

Cep

Banned
Himuro said:
While the Tempest Machine Gun is more powerful than Shurken Machine Pistol, I prefer the machine pistol a lot more. More control, better accuracy...

Agreed, but i still went with tempest because the power is REALLY needed.

Fixed2BeBroken said:
lol yea...im with you...wtf? I know a few women in RL who take after thier father...but they still look good as hell...

anyways...

I am on Mordin's loyalty mission and I have to say...some of the writing/conversations in this level is some of the best I have experienced in a videogame. I was so engaged in some of the conversations with mordin that it felt as If I was watching a convo written by tarantino(not that the convo is tarantino-esque...but more like I was engaged as I was in some of the conversations in his movies). My hats off to the writer and the voice actor for mordin...this character has not dissapointed me yet.

Mordin, Thane and Tali are extremely impressive, Tali is a bit lighter on the content than the other two, but her
'romance'
is on par with some of Bioware's best.

Arde5643

Himuro said:
While the Tempest Machine Gun is more powerful than Shurken Machine Pistol, I prefer the machine pistol a lot more. More control, better accuracy...
Really? The shuriken machine pistol is such a crappy gun IMO though.

TheExodu5

Banned
DennisK4 said:
*Looks at fancy LCD display on gaming mouse: 4000* doh

:lol

Nice. :lol

Doesn't really excuse the lack of a proper sensitivity setting, but at least we get to use our fancy on the fly DPI switching. :)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Just beat it, gotta say the finale mission was pretty lame given the entire game is building up to it. The final level in the attacked Citadel with Sovereign invading was far more epic then this game's ending. Maybe because it looks almost identical to a story mission that came before it.

Dunno. Regardless, fantastic game. ME3 cannot come soon enough.

As for what I'd like to see in the sequel:

1) Bring back the RPGness, at least a little bit. It's great that they got the shooter gameplay down but I think they went too far in stripping the RPG elements out. A happy medium can be reached here.
2) Scanning sucks as does constantly having to refill fuel and probes. This can disappear in the 3rd.
3) Make the party members powerful again, everyone feels weaker then the squad from the first game, even the returning members.
4) More awesome hard choices like the first game. This one was pretty tame on forcing you to make hard decisions, the first one had some great ones.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Fixed2BeBroken said:
My Sheppard character that I carried over from ME1 and now playing in ME2...

*SNIP*

ASIAN SHEPPARD FTW!!!

Hey... uh you got something on your face there, right around the lip.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Being a Bioware game and all, it's bound to have glitches. I remember the equip anybody with any armor trick from the first.

mandiller

The countdown on Steam is over and the game still hasn't unlocked. Argghh. Why the delay Steam? Surely the game has finished being made by now, just send the unlock command.

Himuro said:

SFXGameContent_Inventory.SFXWeapon_AutoPistol] (Shurken)
Damage=(X=20.5,Y=20.5)
DamageAI=1.1f
DamageHench=0.55f
RateOfFire=(X=700,Y=700)
MagSize=(X=24,Y=24)
MaxSpareAmmo=(X=240,Y=240)
BurstRounds=3
BurstRefireTime=0.25f
MinAimError=(X=3.0,Y=3.0)
MaxAimError=(X=5.0,Y=5.0)
AccFirePenalty=25f
AccFireInterpSpeed=40f
CrosshairRange=(X=45,Y=85)
MinZoomAimError=(X=1.2,Y=1.2)
MaxZoomAimError=(X=3.2,Y=3.2)
ZoomAccFirePenalty=6f
ZoomAccFireInterpSpeed=5f
ZoomCrosshairRange=(X=40,Y=80)
Recoil=(X=1.8,Y=1.8)
ZoomRecoil=(X=1.4,y=1.4)

[SFXGameContent_Inventory.SFXWeapon_SMG] (Tempest)
Damage=(X=14.0,Y=14.0)
DamageAI=1.0f
DamageHench=0.5f
RateOfFire=(X=925,Y=925)
MagSize=(X=50,Y=50)
MaxSpareAmmo=(X=450,Y=450)
BurstRounds=5
BurstRefireTime=0.0f
MinAimError=(X=2.75,Y=2.75)
MaxAimError=(X=4.1,Y=4.1)
AccFirePenalty=6.5f
AccFireInterpSpeed=5f
CrosshairRange=(X=50,Y=100)
MinZoomAimError=(X=0.6,Y=0.6)
MaxZoomAimError=(X=2.6,Y=2.6)
ZoomAccFirePenalty=6.5f
ZoomAccFireInterpSpeed=5f
ZoomCrosshairRange=(X=25,Y=75)
Recoil=(X=2.1,Y=2.1)
ZoomRecoil=(X=1.35,y=1.35)

The Tempest does less damage and has a worse recoil, but has a better rate of fire and burst rate. I'm not sure how the parse the accuracy from this.

Hawk269

360 users....

When do you go to disk 2? I am about 11 hours in and still on disk 1. I thought from reading the early reports (those that got it early) that you go to disk 2 pretty early in the game...I heard it went like this...

Disk 1 > Intro, scripted etc.
Disk 2 > Meat of the game
Disk 1 > Ending of game

Is this true??? I am doing EvERYTHING I can, so maybe that is why I am still on disk one, but would just like to know.

Thanks

mandiller said:
The countdown on Steam is over and the game still hasn't unlocked. Argghh. Why the delay Steam? Surely the game has finished being made by now, just send the unlock command.
I read that Dragon Age was 30 minutes late when it was waiting for it's unlock. Bummer isn't it...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
mandiller said:
restart Steam, mine is decrypting at the moment

NewLib

Banned
One thing I really do like about Mass Effect 2 is there are subtle hints about who will be showing up in the 3rd game.

For Example,
The Quarian Admiral who is looking for war to reclaim the Quarian homeworld and then use the Geth as slaves in an army will certaintly be back in the third game as an enemy.

Kadey said:
Being a Bioware game and all, it's bound to have glitches. I remember the equip anybody with any armor trick from the first.

That trick was useful. Sometimes, I'd have a bunch of good medium human armors with no medium turian armors so I'd just glitch a human armor onto Garrus.

Tripwood

End game question:

What was the point of the "human" Reaper? I just don't get it.
Also, it was a terrible last boss, felt really out of place.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I had a weird glitch earlier. I was in "that" part with grunt, I had to kill all the Vermin to reach the next stage of the battle, but one of the Verim wouldn't die. He didn't move but the red target stayed on him and he'd react to me shots and Biotics. So basically I got stuck with my team shooting at an undead Verimin and nothing I could do about it.
Thank Zeus for the mission restart option.

soldat7

Hawk269 said:
360 users....

When do you go to disk 2? I am about 11 hours in and still on disk 1. I thought from reading the early reports (those that got it early) that you go to disk 2 pretty early in the game...I heard it went like this...

Disk 1 > Intro, scripted etc.
Disk 2 > Meat of the game
Disk 1 > Ending of game

Is this true??? I am doing EvERYTHING I can, so maybe that is why I am still on disk one, but would just like to know.

Thanks

I'm wondering this too. I installed Disc 2 thinking that the bulk of the game was on that one. Curse my 13.9 GB HDD. Curse it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom