• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

Cep said:
No question about it.

Warp
Reave
Dominate

Are the best on insanity, and dominate is debatable.

I would not call the others useless, but they are not a priority

Shockwave/Singularity are the only exceptions because their AoE can be useful at times. But even then...

Sounds about right with what I've encountered. I had planned on importing my Infiltrator first, but decided to save him and play Vanguard on normal to start. They made a lot of different choices.

selig said:
Actually, I´d love for the camera to be even closer, at least when you have your gun out. Im trying to immerse myself as much as possible, so I dont need to see my Shepard inmidst of battle.

i hope they pull it in as close as humanly possible, like, so that it's in shepard's eyes and all you can see is the hand and gun

and then, they should get rid of those outdated rpg elements like talking to people and items and numbers.

add some co-op, too. ME needs co-op and competitive multiplayer.

also, the abilities would be renamed perks and after killing 5 other players you get a bombing run with the normandy.

Phloxy

WTF. So first half of the game, Ashely is dead, just like I like her, but now, like, seemingly out of nowhere, Kaiden is the one dead in my story, and Ashley is alive, WTF. Even still, people tlak about Ashely as if she was dead, but she is in all the cutscenes, wtf BIOWARE.

EmCeeGramr said:
i hope they pull it in as close as humanly possible, like, so that it's in shepard's eyes and all you can see is the hand and gun

and then, they should get rid of those outdated rpg elements like talking to people and items and numbers.

also, the abilities would be renamed perks and after killing 5 other players you get a bombing run with the normandy.

:lol :lol :lol :lol Call of War Effect 3! There, a merging of them all. :D

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
So can you find and/or buy NEW Assault Rifles and Shotguns in this game or are you stuck with the same guns forever? I'm getting really tired of using the same weapons for 9hrs straight. :(

I really cant believe how much ive been playing this. I even play right before work which i never or rarely do. i knew i would love the game but not this much.

Domino Theory said:
So can you find and/or buy NEW Assault Rifles and Shotguns in this game or are you stuck with the same guns forever? I'm getting really tired of using the same weapons for 9hrs straight. :(
I have 2 of each gun and I think I’m close to the end. There was a point where I could have gotten an additional weapon for my "class", but I had multiple choices so I didn't get it.

Other than that though, there are plenty of heavy weapons around.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
chandoog said:
send a probe to Uranus.
i did :)
:lol
EmCeeGramr said:

:lol :lol

Cep

Banned
Basileus777 said:
Engineers without overload or incinerate. Why, Bioware? At least Legion can use that sniper, Tali is stuck with a shotgun.

Well Tali's energy drain is basically overload sans stunning/overheat, but with shield regen.

Had legion had Tali's Energy Drain, he would have been amazing.

Y2Kev said:
i did :)
:lol

:lol :lol

If I recall
the ai says something about it or that your doing it wrong?
Or does anyone remember exactly what she said! I just remember laughing my ass off, but it was late and I can't remember.

Micius

Phloxy said:
WTF. So first half of the game, Ashely is dead, just like I like her, but now, like, seemingly out of nowhere, Kaiden is the one dead in my story, and Ashley is alive, WTF. Even still, people tlak about Ashely as if she was dead, but she is in all the cutscenes, wtf BIOWARE.

I've ran into some weird stuff with the decisions imported from the first game as well... with Conrad Verner...
when I find him on Illium he seems to be making trouble and speaks to me saying I pulled a gun on him and that I was an asshole but I got the job done, even though in the playthrough I loaded I was paragon all the way, and half way through his quest his attitude changes as though I had been a paragon to him again.

So it seems there might be a few bugs still in the system when it comes to save importing.

selig

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:

wow, you got the complete wrong person, dude :lol
In an RPG where I can create my very own character, I´d like to be as closely "in" the game as possible. Has nothing to do with shitty fps.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Damn, this game is so good. Mass Effect, even with all it's flaws, is one of my favorite games and 2 has surpassed it in every way. I'm only 13 hours in but this is definitely a perfect "10" game for me....I've been in a near-ejaculatory state the entire time.

Phloxy said:
Yeah, I had
Conrad
tell me that I
pointed a gun in his face
in ME1 but I was 100% Paragon.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
If I recall
the ai says something about it or that your doing it wrong?
Or does anyone remember exactly what she said! I just remember laughing my ass off, but it was late and I can't remember.

Really, commander?

Probing Uranus.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Put about 12hrs in yesterday with my imported lvl 60 vanguard. Damn do I miss the skills I had with that character. Not having barrier sucks. I used to be able to throw that up, and run straight into enemies with my shotty, and it was already recharged again before my original barrier was depleted. You were basically a one man army. I was playing like that for a little bit in ME2, until I started getting the shit kicked out of me. Still loving the game, but I really do miss the skill options/selection from ME1.

EmCeeGramr said:

[sarcasm]you forgot your [/sarcasm]

Mass Effect 2.11 patch notes:
-Removed the face creation, background, and gender choice features. This no longer has a point, since all cutscenes are from the perspective of Commander John Shepard, a voiceless space marine whose face and voice are never seen except during the new side missions.
-New side mission system where you play as a squad mate, who is now mute during these segments. These characters will all have a shocking death at the end, so the loyalty mechanic has been removed.
-Dual shotties and throwing knives added (obtained at Level 4 and Level 10, respectively)
-"Weed Busta" casual wear and "Kronik Commander XxX-420" combat armor now available
-Removed morality system, towns are now shooting gallery segments. Shepard will now be forced to shoot anyone on sight in a deep and thought-provoking sequence.
-Romance sequences have been rebalanced for difficulty complaints. Walking up to a female on the Normandy and pressing "E" will automatically engage sex scene.
-Fixed bug allowing the player to stop time and make decisions.

EmCeeGramr said:
-Removed the face creation, background, and gender choice features. This no longer has a point, since all cutscenes are from the perspective of Commander John Shepard, a voiceless space marine whose face and voice are never seen except during the new side missions.
-New side mission system where you play as a squad mate, who is now mute during these segments. These characters will all have a shocking death at the end, so the loyalty mechanic has been removed.
-Dual shotties and throwing knives added (obtained at Level 4 and Level 10, respectively)
-"Weed Busta" casual wear and "Kronik Commander XxX-420" combat armor now available
-Removed morality system, towns are now shooting gallery segments. Shepard will now be forced to shoot anyone on sight in a deep and thought-provoking sequence.
-Romance sequences have been rebalanced for difficulty complaints. Walking up to a female on the Normandy and pressing "E" will automatically engage sex scene.

Biotic charge + knife combo is broken. Fix this shit Bioware.

EmCeeGramr said:

yesssss shootan it sounds like the dudebro team got a hold of ME2

Cep

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

In their defense, both the shooting and RPG elements in the first game were broken. They just chose to favor the shooting side (I still do not understand why we cannot chain cover though).

The dudebros won this time around, but hopefully ME3 has more RPG (ME2 is still in the top 3 RPGs this gen (Demon's Souls and VC bein the other two)).

Y2Kev

EmCeeGramr said:
u think ur funny but u say that shit from where you sittin on UR ASS

u come online and face me in MODERN WAREFARE and we see who is boss

(hint not you !!!)

(ps i have sex with girl on ship, is she praegnat)

ACE 1991

I started the game on normal but recently switched it to veteran, which seems to be the perfect difficulty level for me. Its challenging and some fights require a couple tries, but it never feels frustratingly difficult.

Absolutely addicted. I just finished my first playthrough (right around 30 hours) and I'm still ready to jump right back in to play it on Insanity and get to level 30. Plus I'm excited to go through as Renegade this time and just be a dick. Too many perfect opportunities that I had to pass up because I knew it would mess with my ratings.

Can't say enough good things about it, I'm really glad Bioware fixed EVERY single thing that bothered me about the first one and crafted what, to me, is the perfect game. Outside of minor annoyances like the planet mining, and the hacking mini-games, everything else was incredible.

Zeliard

I kept expecting the hacking mini-games to get tougher but they never really did. The concept behind them is okay, but they're just so incredibly easy.

Y2Kev

EmCeeGramr said:
doesn't matter. in the future, biraq hussein n0b0mb0 has forced mandatory abrotions on all chrsitain white women because he hates freedom.
i knew it!!!

Cep

Banned
Zeliard said:
I kept expecting the hacking mini-games to get tougher but they never really did. The concept behind them is okay, but they're just so incredibly easy.

With the frequency they pop up at, I think this was a good decision.

A better one would have been to not included them at all.

If you play through the game multiple times with the same character making different choices (paragon/renegade), which playthrough would count towards your character in ME3? Would it just use the last playthrough?

Captain Blood said:
If you play through multiple times using the same character making different choices (paragon/renegade), which playthrough would count towards your character in ME3? Would it just use the last playthrough?

You'll probably get the option to choose, like you did importing from ME1.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Captain Blood said:
If you play through the game multiple times with the same character making different choices (paragon/renegade), which playthrough would count towards your character in ME3? Would it just use the last playthrough?

If it's like the ME1 --> ME2 transfer, you have to pick one or the other. I had a small complaint about this pages and pages ago. My paragon was level 36 and my renegade was 55. I had to choose if I wanted to import a high level character or a paragon (I chose paragon).

Basileus777 said:
You'll probably get the option to choose, like you did importing from ME1.
Ah ok. I didn't realize there was an option to choose because my save was 100% paragon without any renegade playthroughs, thanks.

Borgnine said:
If it's like the ME1 --> ME2 transfer, you have to pick one or the other. I had a small complaint about this pages and pages ago. My paragon was level 36 and my renegade was 55. I had to choose if I wanted to import a high level character or a paragon (I chose paragon).

I meant if you used the paragon you beat the game with but then went renegade for the second playthrough.

just started this, arrived a day early for me since its not out till tomorow in the UK :D

without spoilers, roughly how long is it compared to mass effect 1 ?

Cep

Banned
Sir Hamish said:
just started this, arrived a day early for me since its not out till tomorow in the UK :D

without spoilers, roughly how long is it compared to mass effect 1 ?

Depends on difficulty and how much you want to do.

I have heard 20-27.

I am currently on 58, so it is up to you.

Enosh

soo finished the game but the good doctor died and I don't a have a clue why...
he was loyal (like everyone else) and I got his upgrade, I didn't get the +50% tech dmg upgrade might have something to do with that?

... I kinda wanted everyone to survive and the doctors death was just so random, he had everything any other crew member had, who all survived

oh and if you import your ME2 character to start a new game can you pick a new class?

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Des0lar said:
So I'm about to start this up tomorrow. What's the consensus on the classes?

I played an engineer in ME1, but I'm not sure if I should change to Infliltrator or Sentinel.
No Soldier or Adept for me.
No one :( ??

I have a few questions and I'd appreciate if any one could help me out with them.

Medi-Gels; do they replenish automatically after each mission? I keep reading about an increase to their capacity although I can't find anywhere to "fill it up" in e.g. Sickbay/Med Lab like you could in the first game.

Heavy Weapons ammo: Similar question. I have the Rocket Launcher and it had then reached 12 missiles. Not sure if that was due to me upgrading or if there is a particular way to refill the stock.

Hacking: In particular, the one where you have to hack the firewall systems by matching colour-based codes. It says I have 3 attempts left but if I screw up in one go, I can't attempt to hack that item again. Thousands of credits gone just like that. What does the "3 attempts remaining" therefore mean if you can't have another attempt?

Special Weapons/Ability: I understand that there are certain missions where you can give your class an added ability/weapon. I'm using an Adept and I'd greatly like to have an Assault Rifle. When is this certain mission or where specifically is it?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom