• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeliard

Cep said:
Can we get anywhere with talking to legion about why he has our armor before going through the relay, or is that an endgame thing?

I don't have Legion yet, so I have no idea what you're talking about. And it sounds vaguely spoilery! :p

Borgnine said:
Yeah what the fuck, I hate that shit. :lol He keeps shutting me down. Same thing with Archangel, "can it wait a bit, I'm doing some calibrations." FUCK YOU I'M THE CAPTAIN, why don't you calibrate the angle of yo dick going inside me.

Yeah, Jacob's been doing that to me since the start of the game, almost. I haven't done his loyalty mission yet, though.

Related to this, when the hell is Thane going to chat me up about his loyalty mission? I've been waiting for that ever since I got him. His loyalty quest is the one I want to do the most, partly since he's a fixture in my party, but also because his backstory and his race are interesting as fuck.

More Drell next game plz, Bioware.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Jonsoncao said:
500x_untitled-5_02.jpg

saw this on kotaku :lol :lol

1532vb4.jpg

Kagari said:
Got my copy finally...
I decided to skip finishing my playthrough of ME1 because I can't stand the Mako sections and I was told ME2 has no vehicle sections so... is there a specific bonus if I have a completed save from the first game?
You can always lower difficulty to casual and speed run it. Enemies will die quickly without much fight.

Cep

Banned
soldat7 said:
The next time you speak with a quarian, just remember:

Mass Effect Ascension is actually pretty decent.

I have a simple policy about video game books: I do not do them.

But I have heard that they are serviceable.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Just finished the mission where you
go into the disabled Collectors ship.
I loved the reveals, I loved the atmosphere, I loved the whole bloody thing. I also love that the next mission makes a really cool reference to an interesting mention in the original Mass Effect, specifically
the planet with a vally thats actually the result of a giant railgun round. It was fun to theorise who was shooting what, but its great to finally know.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
MirageDwarf said:
You can always lower difficulty to casual and speed run it. Enemies will die quickly without much fight.

Yeah but... the mako controls at least on PC are severely broken... and broken physics.

Cep

Banned
EatChildren said:
I loved the reveals, I loved the atmosphere, I loved the whole bloody thing. I also love that the next mission makes a really cool reference to an interesting mention in the original Mass Effect, specifically
the planet with a vally thats actually the result of a giant railgun round. It was fun to theorise who was shooting what, but its great to finally know.

I did not have a chance to enjoy that, I was too busy trying not to die (Insane: Never again)

soldat7

Cep said:
I have a simple policy about video game books: I do not do them.

But I have heard that they are serviceable.

They're both authored by Drew Karpyshyn. I believe that he's been the lead writer on Mass Effect since the beginning. They're not going to win the Nebula or Hugo, but they're quite decent.

Cep

Banned
soldat7 said:
They're both authored by Drew Karpyshyn. I believe that he's been the lead writer on Mass Effect since the beginning. They're not going to win the Nebula or Hugo, but they're quite decent.

Part of the problem. Also he is no longer a writer for ME, ME2 had a different lead.

As I said, serviceable.

Zenith

Banned
Urgent help needed!

I can't get the ME1 save import to work. I go to the config and point it at the Bioware/Me1/Save folder. I go to the game and click import ME1 character and there's nothing there.

Could someone download these saves and see if they work on their game?

http://www.mediafire.com/?yozjmojzzgb

I even downloaded someone else's saves (that Aiden file in the rar folder) but that didn't show up either. I can't play the game without it using the story choices I made in ME1 :(.

Cep

Banned
Zenith said:
Urgent help needed!

I can't get the ME1 save import to work. I go to the config and point it at the Bioware/Me1/Save folder. I go to the game and click import ME1 character and there's nothing there.

Could someone download these saves and see if they work on their game?

http://www.mediafire.com/?yozjmojzzgb

I even downloaded someone else's saves (that Aiden file in the rar folder) but that didn't show up either. I can't play the game without it using the story choices I made in ME1 :(.

Just move the saves to the ME1 folder in your Bioware/Mass Effect 2 folder

Cep

Banned
Zenith said:
tried that, still nothing. even checked the config file to see what folder it was pointing at.

Those saves are no good.

The naming conventions are all wrong. You need the saves generated after the game is beaten, not those ingame ones that you provided.

Names should be like this: Char_01-50-2-1-5-22-8-2009-32-14.MassEffectSave

Or something similar.

Zenith

Banned
Cep said:
Those saves are no good.

The naming conventions are all wrong. You need the saves generated after the game is beaten, not those ingame ones that you provided.

Names should be like this: Char_01-50-2-1-5-22-8-2009-32-14.MassEffectSave

Or something similar.

really? but the Aidan one comes from an SA collection of saves for all possible moral choices and its name matches with the one I made.

edit: ok, time to reinstall ME1.

pringles

My fem-shep, imported from ME1:

DSC_0055-1.jpg

She was only a lvl 40 but I liked her appearance the best out of the 3 ME1 characters I had. I didn't remember that I had
let the council die
with her though :lol

Only played about an hour but I'm already super impressed by this game.. it runs so much better, looks better, combat is 10x more satisfying and so on.. I know what I will be doing this weekend :D

kodt

Banned
Cep said:
Part of the problem. Also he is no longer a writer for ME, ME2 had a different lead.

As I said, serviceable.

He also did KOTOR and the Star Wars Darth Bane novels. I actually liked the Darth Bane novels (third one wasn't the best though). I had no interest in the ME books until I read his other stuff, then I was interested (still haven't gotten around to it yet).

Chambers: "I'm afraid of what Grunt will do if he snaps"
FemShep: "I won't let him touch you"
Chambers: "If theres gonna touching I hope it involves you"

god damn tease.

bee

hmm only just started it but i think i might postpone it, the 3D looks too good to play it any other way but it does have some issues and i just read this

andrewf@nvidia said:
Mass Effect 2 is a game that needs some TLC from the developer. We are working with them to see what we can do in a patch

Cep

Banned
kodt said:
He also did KOTOR and the Star Wars Darth Bane novels. I actually liked the Darth Bane novels (third one wasn't the best though). I had no interest in the ME books until I read his other stuff, then I was interested (still haven't gotten around to it yet).

My point is that, as a VG writer he is pretty good. Not fantastic, but good.

His novels do not match his VG work.

JoeBoy101

EatChildren said:

Ever see the two gunnery recruits outside of the citadel customs getting lectured by the Gunnery Sergeant?
And that is why Sir Isaac Newton is the baddest sonofabitch in space!
Loved it.

Just finished the game and I have to say everything from when you (Warning: BIG Spoiler in here)
take the Omega 4 Relay to the end when you discover the Human Reaper was simply brilliant gaming.

And fuck suicide mission, got everyone out alive.
:D

Zeliard

Speaking of the resources, does that one on the right-hand column (don't remember the name) ever get used all that much? I think I've only had to use that particular resource once. I'm stacking up so many of those and they're never used. I understand they're supposed to be the cheapest and most commonly found, but still.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Zeliard said:
Speaking of the resources, does that one on the right-hand column (don't remember the name) ever get used all that much? I think I've only had to use that particular resource once. I'm stacking up so many of those and they're never used. I understand they're supposed to be the cheapest and most commonly found, but still.
Palladium right? I think you need that for the face scars regen upgrade (50,000) and there's a couple of other uses for it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Zeliard said:

Each resource gets used in a speciality, eg Element Zero is mostly used for biotic related upgrades, Irridium for guns etc ... you're probably just not doing enough upgrades for that one.

so i just realized kelly tells me whenever a crew member wants to talk about something. does that mean unless she tells me someone wants to talk i don't even have to bother checking with the others? i don't wanna miss out on new conversations but its a chore checking the whole ship after every mission just to hear they're busy.

Durante

Regarding the elevator/loadscreen debate, I think the latter is 100% better. At least on the PC version the load times are very small -- it takes me 1 second to switch decks on the Normandy in ME2 while it took at least half a minute in the first part.

bee said:
hmm only just started it but i think i might postpone it, the 3D looks too good to play it any other way but it does have some issues and i just read this
Yeah, I need to switch 3D on and off a bit too much in this game, but it's too good to postpone!

SPACECADET said:
so i just realized kelly tells me whenever a crew member wants to talk about something. does that mean unless she tells me someone wants to talk i don't even have to bother checking with the others? i don't wanna miss out on new conversations but its a chore checking the whole ship after every mission just to hear they're busy.

She only tells you if they are ready to start their loyalty quest.

I hear the hammerhead DLC coming on the Cerebus network will be like the Mako segments from the first game. If so thats pretty awesome (if they offer enough planets to explore).

Just got on the Normandy.. taking it really slowly. This game is mindblowing -
the cinematic leading up to the new Normandy unveiling was fantastic, it really built up the excitement. And the feeling of getting a new ship afterwards is about as good as getting a new house. I feel empowered, and currently I don't even care if Cerberus might stab me in the back - I just like them sucking my dick and giving me cool toys at every corner.
I'm really enjoying this game now, combat and all. I'm just hoping
Tali
will have a more prominent role in the future.

And my favourite line so far comes from Jacob: "Doing a good deed is like taking a piss in dark pants. It feels warm, but no one notices" :lol

Zeliard

infinityBCRT said:
I hear the hammerhead DLC coming on the Cerebus network will be like the Mako segments from the first game. If so thats pretty awesome (if they offer enough planets to explore).

It has to include missions. They can't add the Hammerhead to the game without giving us new environments to use it in.

SPACECADET said:

If I'm not mistaken, she only does that when they're ready to talk about what will eventually be their loyalty missions.

EDIT: So beaten.

kaskade

Shit I am loving this game. Seeing a group of enemies lined up and then using shockwave never ever gets old. Being able to import my character is awesome. I'm so glad I finished ME before playing 2. The game does an amazing job of making it feel like my story. It almost makes me not want to start up a new game when I finish. What's done is done.

selig

Banned
okay, a question regarding the identy of one of the crew members/how to recruit:

I have recruited all characters except for one...who I dont know who it is. So please dont tell me who it is, just how i get him/her. It´s the character-slot between Zaeed and Samara in the Team Status-screen.

If it´s atually Wrex, well, im playing with the default bioware settings, so he´s dead in my game. Or would it have been Ashley?

Thanks to whoever can help me.

Cep

Banned
selig said:
okay, a question regarding the identy of one of the crew members/how to recruit:

I have recruited all characters except for one...who I dont know who it is. So please dont tell me who it is, just how i get him/her. It´s the character-slot between Zaeed and Samara in the Team Status-screen.

If it´s atually Wrex, well, im playing with the default bioware settings, so he´s dead in my game. Or would it have been Ashley?

You recruit that member as part of the story.

Micius

selig said:

The party member you are missing will show up in the obligatory quest when you
go to get the IFF from the derelict reaper.

It's
Legion, you need to take him with you during the quest, then go to the A.I. core behind the medical bay and choose to activate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom