• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cep

Banned
Zeliard said:
Unfortunately for The Borgnine, Jacob isn't big on forcing those talks.

Can we get anywhere with talking to legion about why he has our armor before going through the relay, or is that an endgame thing?

Man I am really pissed off with EA right now. They fucked up the CN codes which resulted in me accidently spending $15 for something I should have already had. Microsoft has been no help, even though the download said it was free when I first went to it, then it took the 1200 points from my account, they just told me I have to contact EA. So I send them an e-mail about the problem a couple of days ago... no response. I wait a fucking half an hour to chat with someone, then at the last 29 seconds the timer stops and says my chat request has been cancelled. This is really frustrating and I feel like going straight to the BBB now because this is a bunch of fucking bullshit.

puebla

hey guys, i've downloaded the collectors edition armor and guns and received the messages ingame that they're in the Normandy Armory and my quarters but i don't see anything.

i'm currently level 5. do i have to wait, or what am i doing wrong?

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Zeliard said:
Unfortunately for The Borgnine, Jacob isn't big on forcing those talks.

Yeah what the fuck, I hate that shit. :lol He keeps shutting me down. Same thing with Archangel, "can it wait a bit, I'm doing some calibrations." FUCK YOU I'M THE CAPTAIN, why don't you calibrate the angle of yo dick going inside me.

Sai

A... A
nuke
... They gave Shepard a
nuke!
... D:

Loved using it on the Thresher Maw.

Gotten too used to hitting that X Button from playing so much of ME1. I somehow did a Renegade action shortly before my trip to the
Collector Ship
. Don't even remember when I did it. My face was totally healed up too. :(

Insanity is destroying me. Going through the
Collector Ship was a total chore. That first fight with the Scion shooting all of that shit in the back? Ugh... That thing, along with the Harbinger abusing that Singularity to blow me out of cover. And my teammates never last long enough because of the Scion--I think they just throw another one at you if you destroy it. Total pain in the ass. Maybe I didn't concentrate on upgrades enough, but getting through that part of the game was due to a combination of luck and abuse of the Infiltrator's camo(<3)... And I'm going to have to do it over because I hastily decided to delete my save because of the aforementioned Renegade action. ._. Too bad I had no other saves available before I accidently made Shepard a douche...

* Sai sighs.

pringles

Quick question: I just bought the game and I'm about to start playing. Should I download that Cerberus stuff before I start? Zaeed and the crash site thing?

barnone

What is this "Normandy Crash Site" DLC I just downloaded off Bioware's social site? A mission? Don't see anything about it in the OP, just the Zaeed file which I am downloading now (500 megs!). Sorry if it's been discussed already.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Mindlog said:
My import Sheppard had just the right amount of Renegade. The scars fit pretty well considering those circumstances.
Mine did too, but then my dude's eyes started turning red as I was going through the game and I was like, "Alright, fuck this." :lol

My renegade is barely even higher than my paragon. :lol

I keep them fairly even, but apparently the game doesn't care. My dude was fucking evil, and that was that.

Mindlog

puebla said:
hey guys, i've downloaded the collectors edition armor and guns and received the messages ingame that they're in the Normandy Armory and my quarters but i don't see anything.

i'm currently level 5. do i have to wait, or what am i doing wrong?

When you go to your quarters there's a place to change your appearance. It's in there.

ergo said:
So I just spent 10 hours on my disk 1 and it's requiring me to put in disk 2 (im about to start jacob's loyalty quest). Is it worth my while to install the 2nd disc to the HDD and then just reinstall disc 1 once I get back to it? How much time was spent on disc2?

I spent more time on disc 2 than disc 1.
When the time comes to install disc 1 again... I would :( I played it off disc the first time and it seemed like the disc couldn't keep up.

4 hours in, just finished everything on
Omega
and it feels like I've barely scratched the surface.

It definitely feels a lot different, but it's a good evolution. I have no problem with the RPG elements being scaled back.

Fucking great so far.

Mindlog

BobsRevenge said:
Mine did too, but then my dude's eyes started turning red as I was going through the game and I was like, "Alright, fuck this." :lol

My renegade is barely even higher than my paragon. :lol

I keep them fairly even, but apparently the game doesn't care. My dude was fucking evil, and that was that.

rawr evil! :lol

I noticed mine getting worse, but I got the medical upgrade fairly early and that was that. I thought the Medical Upgrade would give me the option to change. Not force me to.

and I also thought it would fix the other messed up party member!

not Zaed though
he's fine as he is

Foliorum Viridum said:
4 hours in, just finished everything on
Omega
and it feels like I've barely scratched the surface.

It definitely feels a lot different, but it's a good evolution. I have no problem with the RPG elements being scaled back.

Fucking great so far.

I know a lot of RPG elements were scaled back, but I feel 'more in the world' in this game. I don't even have a customizable armor. Can't customize collector armor. Luckily just got my code for inferno.

soldat7 said:
But do they have to keep the same armor/clothes on the entire game? Really? And no helmets?

What about loyalty missions that give you alternative outfits for your chars and on certain missions your team will wear certain head gear to breath in different atmospheres.

puebla

Mindlog said:
When you go to your quarters there's a place to change your appearance. It's in there.
i did that and there's no special armor there. also, still nothing in the armory.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh man, I gotta make that Obama Shepard and just go full renegade :lol.

Mindlog

puebla said:
i did that and there's no special armor there. also, still nothing in the armory.

Hrm the armor should be there. Should be able to click over when you change armor appearance. I'm pretty sure I used it at the very start of the game. The gun is an MG so you can't use it unless you are a soldier or until you get the rifle unlock.

Pankaks said:

Need a face code website.

Also, I want to be able to bring my *big pet* I found on *ruined planet* onto the Normandy. We'd do laps around the ship and I'd have to scold him for gnawing on Joker's legs.

He'd also be a conversation option. Instead of just renegade/paragon I could invite him in to resolve the issue.

I'd also teach it to use the restroom and make crew members take turn washing it.

DLC

Mifune

Mehmber
13 hours in and still recruiting. A few thoughts:

• This game on Normal is much easier than ME on Normal. I actually had to bump up to Veteran because I was tearing shit apart a little too easily with my sniper rifle.
  • It might be my imagination but male Shephard's voice acting is a lot less wooden this time around. He actually sounds snarky at points.
  • The world is just much more alive this time around. And the characters are about a million times more interesting (and this is without doing the loyalty quests). Big kudos to the writers.
  • I have a sneaking suspicion that I will be buying every bit of mission DLC that comes out for this thing. Damn it.

Mifune said:
13 hours in and still recruiting. A few thoughts:

• This game on Normal is much easier than ME on Normal. I actually had to bump up to Veteran because I was tearing shit apart a little too easily with my sniper rifle.
  • It might be my imagination but male Shephard's voice acting is a lot less wooden this time around. He actually sounds snarky at points.
  • The world is just much more alive this time around. And the characters are about a million times more interesting (and this is without doing the loyalty quests). Big kudos to the writers.
  • I have a sneaking suspicion that I will be buying every bit of mission DLC that comes out for this thing. Damn it.

I pretty much agree on every bullet point you put. Though is it just me or do the voices sometimes sound almost speed up, or not speed up but like the voice actor said it REALLY FAST. Sometimes I just think in my head, slow down Shepard! Slurring your words together.

SlickVic

barnone said:
What is this "Normandy Crash Site" DLC I just downloaded off Bioware's social site? A mission? Don't see anything about it in the OP, just the Zaeed file which I am downloading now (500 megs!). Sorry if it's been discussed already.

Not really a combat mission, just get to see (only spoiler if you haven't played the beginning of ME2)
what's left of the original Normandy and collect 20 dog tags for fallen crew members. Be sure to look for Pressley's Data Log as well.
More of a nostalgia piece than anything but I enjoyed it.

diss

Banned
Pankaks said:
It'd be funny if the scars mutated and he slowly turned into a Republican. :p

I wish there was a way to filter only the romance related posts in this thread. I don't care about what you guys think of game design :p I just like reading up about how impatient people get with the possibility of an ingame sex scene. Saving the galaxy suddenly seems like priority two, or at least it does for me.

soldat7

The next time you speak with a quarian, just remember:
Seeto said:
Our suits are equipped to store several days worth of waste in sealed compartments between the inner and outer layer. The suit can then be flushed, discharging the waste into any common sanitation facility--like the toilet in your shuttle--without exposing the wearer to outside contaminants.

Mass Effect Ascension is actually pretty decent.

LOL @ Obama shepard....that is fuckin awesome!

anyways....Has anyone experienced Wierd sound issues? Basically Sound just cutting out completely?

I just did a a side mission on some Blues base and when I clicked on something that was suppossed to play audio...everytime I would click on it...no sound would play at all...like its like my tv got muted for a good 30 seconds.

Then also, during Samara's Loyalty quest...at the climax of the scene...the sound just went completely out for a good 30 seconds until after Shepard steps in and does what he does (u know what I mean if you played the mission).

with that said...I installed both Discs to my 360 harddrive and it hasnt asked me to take out my second disk at all since the first time I put in the second disc and installed it and I am near the end.

could it be some audio is on the first disc and had I not installed it and it asked me to put in the first I would have gotton that audio?

anyways...wierd

diss said:
It'd be funny if the scars mutated and he slowly turned into a Republican. :p

I wish there was a way to filter only the romance related posts in this thread. I don't care about what you guys think of game design :p I just like reading up about how impatient people get with the possibility of an ingame sex scene. Saving the galaxy suddenly seems like priority two, or at least it does for me.
haha just like real life.

MCermak

Borgnine said:
Yeah what the fuck, I hate that shit. :lol He keeps shutting me down. Same thing with Archangel, "can it wait a bit, I'm doing some calibrations." FUCK YOU I'M THE CAPTAIN, why don't you calibrate the angle of yo dick going inside me.

Blech. Something is wrong with you.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So, I've recruited every party member except
Legion.
There doesn't seem to be a recruitment quest for him, what do I need to do?

I'm about one convo away from romancing
Garrus. It's about as awkward as I expected it to be but Bioware somehow managed to acknowledge that and make it good. "Shepard, you're the only friend I've got in this messed up galaxy" was a tearjerker of a line.
Can't wait for the sex scene, should be freaky.

On somewhat a related note, this game is also too fucking good, I've been losing sleep because of it. I was up till about 7:00 am last night/morning because I could stop myself.

Akim

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
When you recover Shepard's helmet from the Normandy Crash Site can you wear it? I picked it up and now I can't find it.

I think it's on your desk in the Captain's Quarters

FrankT

Jonsoncao said:
500x_untitled-5_02.jpg

saw this on kotaku :lol :lol

:lol

puebla

Anubis said:
puebla, did you quit out of the game and reload after you had downloaded it ?
i downloaded and ran the content, then i loaded up my game. i got the messages ingame but i don't see the nothing in the armory or my room. i'm also an adept. i really hope that's not the reason why i'm not getting anything...

Mifune

Mehmber
Also, I'm so engrossed in this universe that I'm not visiting the Normandy crash site until I can take two other former crew members with me. Because it just wouldn't feel RIGHT.

Question to those that have beaten it:

I am level 28 and 385 xp away from level 29. I can't find anything else that could give me xp, so all that seems left is going through the Omega-4 Relay.

Can I still make it to 30 on this playthrough? Unsure how quests will work once I go through.

Thanks!

Cep

Banned
Mifune said:
Also, I'm so engrossed in this universe that I'm not visiting the Normandy crash site until I can take two other former crew members with me. Because it just wouldn't feel RIGHT.

The mission is solo

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I just got to
Illium
and it's gorgeous. Like when you first come out of that docking area and see the vista, very nicely done. Reminds me of whatever city they were in in Star Wars Episode 2 or 3 I can't remember, only you know, not shitty.

Also I had totally forgotten about those little mole guys, the Volus. I love those guys, I wish I could get one in my party.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Got my copy finally...
I decided to skip finishing my playthrough of ME1 because I can't stand the Mako sections and I was told ME2 has no vehicle sections so... is there a specific bonus if I have a completed save from the first game?

I wish they gave some dialogue to the third member of your party during the loyalty missions. I just did Garrus' and Miranda was creepily staring off into space during the cutscenes.

Liberty4all

Banned
How does this game compare to the first one? I really didn't like Mass Effect 1 although I definately respected what they were doing (I'm usually not really into single player titles)

FrankT

Borgnine said:
I just got to
Illium
and it's gorgeous. Like when you first come out of that docking area and see the vista, very nicely done. Reminds me of whatever city they were in in Star Wars Episode 2 or 3 I can't remember, only you know, not shitty.

Also I had totally forgotten about those little mole guys, the Volus. I love those guys, I wish I could get one in my party.

It's really one of the best futuristic cities I've seen in game as far as vistas go. Simply beautiful and yea that is what it reminded me of as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom