• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

I bought the game today, imported my ME character and played all fucking day.

Just checked my save and I've played 7 hours and 40 minutes today. That is disgusting. I've even been prompted to insert the second disk. God damn. Gonna take a break tomorrow in between football and play some MAG.

Oh and if ME2 came out last fall, it would have been up there with UC2 for GOTY.

I'm so glad we get to go to Tuchanka in this game.
Seeing Wrex again was awesome.

Now we just need to visit the Salarian, Asari and Turian home worlds.

Cep

Banned
Arnie said:
I bought the game today, imported my ME character and played all fucking day.

Just checked my save and I've played 7 hours and 40 minutes today. That is disgusting. I've even been prompted to insert the second disk. God damn. Gonna take a break tomorrow in between football and play some MAG.

Oh and if ME2 came out last fall, it would have been up there with UC2 for GOTY.

Wrong, it WOULD have been GOTY.

EatChildren said:
There's a fair bit less it seems, but I attribute that to the lack of ability to directly ask them questions when you're on story planets and the lack of elevators.

But they do make comments every now and then about the situation you're in. Doing the Archangel mission as well as finding Mordin had Zaeed make a lot of comments, and doing Jack's loyalty quest had Archangel saying a fair bit too.

The more 'custom' style of random sidequests also allows for more random input from the characters.

In total it probably feels less because there's less banter. Your squadmates will rarely talk between themselves. That being said, they seem to comment on a number of situations for a number of missions, which in total probably gives them more lines of dialogue.

Know its a bit late, but thanks a lot for the excellent answer.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Oh man did I laugh at the advertisement for
the dramatic Hanar spectre 'bad cop' show. "Enkindle this!".

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Micius said:
It's
Legion, you need to take him with you during the quest, then go to the A.I. core behind the medical bay and choose to activate him.

Will I be able to go back to sidequests/assignments after this mission or is it past the point of no return? It's the next one for me and I wanna do it but I don't wanna be sucked in to the ending yet, I'm putting that off until I've done everything else.

Wrong, it WOULD have been GOTY.

For sure.

EatChildren said:
Oh man did I laugh at the advertisement for
the dramatic Hanar spectre 'bad cop' show. "Enkindle this!".

That was so awesome. On the same line I loved
Zaeed talking about some badass Hanar who fucked him up and made him respect all of them.

Hanar party member for Mass Effect 3?

Quicksilva said:
holy crap at Obama Shepard! :lol

And god dam Miranda every time I think I'm in she's like WHAM maybe later!

Once you get to that point, you're in, but it won't trigger until you hit a certain point in the story... she kept telling me she'd come find me when it was time. And she did.

Rpgmonkey

Just finished this, the final section of this game is so awesome and tense. Can't wait for ME3.

So there's no hidden stuff to find after finishing, right?

Jack's backstory was fascinating and really got me entrenched in the emotions of it all. By far the most interesting character so far. Miranda is amazingly sexy by the way.

sam27368

Banned
Realised I didn't have any of my ME1 saves on the 360 so have ploughed through it today (6hour speed run!) and have just started ME2, only just
spoken to the illusive man for the first time
. The thing I'm enjoying most so far is STABLE FRAME RATES! I can actually work out what's going on in the firefights! :D

Just finished it. The last shot with
all the Reaper ships approaching the galaxy is awe-inspiring. Seeing all those ships, I felt a little better about my decision to preserve the station. Though, I'm still worried the Illusive Man will use it to a dark end. I got a question, though: Who exactly survived the mission? Like, since the game didn't tell us. Were it just the people shown at the end? Also, for anyone who's finished the game, what did you guys decide?

And I don't understand why the Reapers were trying to create a Human-Reaper hybrid. Or why they supposedly did it with the Protheans.

Cep

Banned
Rpgmonkey said:
Just finished this, the final section of this game is so awesome and tense. Can't wait for ME3.

So there's no hidden stuff to find after finishing, right?

Supposedly, there is to be significant DLC.

Arde5643

Himuro said:
Tali's theme is the best song in the game.

You're mowing down Geth and then suddenly this 70's electronic synth shit starts up...and I'm all,"AWWWWWWWWW YEAH, that's the stuff!"
Man, the Tali recruiting mission when you face down the
Geth Colossus
was so freaking epic when the song starts playing.

And yeah, got the kill with a sniper rifle on its
optic lens
at the last minute. :D

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Arde5643 said:
Man, the Tali recruiting mission when you face down the
Geth Colossus
was so freaking epic when the song starts playing.

And yeah, got the kill with a sniper rifle on its
optic lens
at the last minute. :D

You know what made that whole part extra awesome to me? Just when
the Geth Colossus starts fires unloads, fires its round, and the gameplay kicks in, Garrus says "Just like old times."

That whole scenario was so fucking cool.

Prothero

Neo Member
I just got to the Citadel and heard Emily Wong say on the NewsNet something about (don't know if this is a spoiler, but hiding it in spoiler tags anyway)
someone else named Shepard -- I believe the name was Hannah Shepard.

Will the game address this in any way or what's up with that?

Zeliard

I wonder how a person who's never played ME1 makes certain decisions in this game, especially when it comes to stuff like the genophage debate. Your discussions with Wrex in ME1 about that issue can end up having a major impact on how you feel about it, but someone who's never played the first game won't get that at all. I think that sort of thing is a much bigger deal than whether or not you import.

I'm playing through
Mordin's
loyalty mission, and I have to say it's pretty deep and emotional stuff. All of the loyalty missions seem really well thought off, requiring sometimes fun mechanics e.g.
Samara's
and
Thane's
. Really great writing, I was surprised. This game is leagues ahead of ME1.

Cep

Banned
Prothero said:
I just got to the Citadel and heard Emily Wong say on the NewsNet something about (don't know if this is a spoiler, but hiding it in spoiler tags anyway)

Not directly.

You get an E-Mail.
She is shep's mother

kai3345

Banned
For those who have finished it:

Without spoiling too much,can someone tell me if there is there any way I can make only certain characters die on the last mission? Or is it they all die or they all live? If so how would I go about doing it? Just don't do their loyalty mission or something?

Prothero said:

That's your mother if you chose the spacer background. You can speak to her in a sidequest in ME1.

Male shepard romance help

trying to get with tali. i've done pretty much everything though. all that's really left other than some mining are a couple small side missions. can i get with her afterwards? all she keeps saying is I'll find a way. do i have to do something?

Dresden

So I started playing with a Sentinel, but it got rather dull, so I started a Vanguard instead. With
Grunt's
loyalty skill, it's so amazing. I'm not sure about tackling Insanity, but on Hardcore difficulty, it's been very satisfying.

It's weird how Shockwave passes through walls, though. Nothing like getting curbstomped by a couple of
Scions
spamming Shockwave at you. Probably the deadliest thing in the game, asides from player stupidity.

After 8 hours tonight I think it's time for a rest. :lol So far my ONLY complaint is the Citadel - it's not nearly as interesting to explore as the first game, and it feels a lot more disconnected. I'm not sure why... it just felt like in the first game I was exploring this giant structure, whereas now I'm going up or down three floors and warping to a small room with the Council.

Ducarmel

Did anybody suspect when you saw Liara assuming you romanced her in ME1 she would drop a bomb on you like say she was pregnant and had a child.

Alec

robut said:
Male shepard romance help

trying to get with tali. i've done pretty much everything though. all that's really left other than some mining are a couple small side missions. can i get with her afterwards? all she keeps saying is I'll find a way. do i have to do something?

She finds you right before the final mission of the game. It'll happen on it's own.

MMaRsu

Man I'm loving these little talks with the crew.. and by the crew I mean..

Thane
Garrus
Jack
Mordin

Those are the people I talk to the most. I'm going for Jack as you can imagine, that girl is hot. But I always go for the crazy bitches in real life too so hey what a surprise. Thane has some awesome stories/dialogue. Garrus is a funny son of a bitch :lol . Oh and Mordin is just amazing.

CAW

kai3345 said:
For those who have finished it:

Without spoiling too much,can someone tell me if there is there any way I can make only certain characters die on the last mission? Or is it they all die or they all live? If so how would I go about doing it? Just don't do their loyalty mission or something?
I finished the game with no characters dieing. I made sure I had all the ship upgrades (minus the med bay upgrade) and everyone was loyal. From that point on there are certain decisions you'll have to make (three of them), but they were easy and kind of obvious. If you choose correctly, no one dies. If you don't, you'll have deaths.

Just got the game from Amazon today and already played way too much. (about 6 hours in) Must fight the urge to continue playing.. is too awesome.. gah!

Did anyone else notice that
during the rescuing Miranda's sister mission, when you go down that elevator Miranda complains about how slow that thing is? :lol I'm pretty sure that's a nod to ME1.

comedian

Well, finished the game in 20 hours.

Was fun, though I wonder about the alternative endings etc.. I'm not sure if I want to play through it all again.

How do you increase your level, when you've finished all the side missions?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Man I'm loving these little talks with the crew.. and by the crew I mean..

Yeah those are the same 4 I enjoy the most. I like all the talk of "the old days" with Garrus and Tali. Mordin and Thane are both very well written and acted characters, easily the best of any Bioware game or any game for that matter. Grunt and the Asari are pretty good, too. The humans are the least interesting, but I won't meet the bounty hunter until tonight. I can't wait to meet the last remaining party member, I haven't seen any footage of him so I look forward to seeing what he/it is like.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Quick, help! What should I pick for Advanced Weapon Training for my Vanguard?

My options are:

* Krogan shotgun
* Assault rifle
* Sniper rifle

I'm thinking Sniper so I can have some power at distance. Good idea?

KaYotiX

Banned
comedian said:
Well, finished the game in 20 hours.

Was fun, though I wonder about the alternative endings etc.. I'm not sure if I want to play through it all again.

How do you increase your level, when you've finished all the side missions?

You do a second play through......im sitting at lvl 27 right now and started on Hardcore for my second playthrough.

Also...TALI ALL THE WAY!!!! :D

Foliorum Viridum said:
After 8 hours tonight I think it's time for a rest. :lol So far my ONLY complaint is the Citadel - it's not nearly as interesting to explore as the first game, and it feels a lot more disconnected. I'm not sure why... it just felt like in the first game I was exploring this giant structure, whereas now I'm going up or down three floors and warping to a small room with the Council.

Lack of elevators make it feel more disjointed. Though, Bioware could've at least not lied to us and put "Anderson's Office" instead of "Presidium"

MMaRsu

It's hard getting Jack to really go for me though.. crazy girl. She and Miranda where fighting, and I chose Jack's side :p

Zeliard

Chairman Yang said:
Quick, help! What should I pick for Advanced Weapon Training for my Vanguard?

My options are:

* Krogan shotgun
* Assault rifle
* Sniper rifle

I'm thinking Sniper so I can have some power at distance. Good idea?

I went with Sniper. Don't regret it at all. Vanguard is mostly about close-combat, so when you add a solid long-range option, you become a lot more versatile instantly.

Mrbob

USPS please bring me this game tomorrow. I dunno if I can hold out till Monday.

KaYotiX said:
You do a second play through......im sitting at lvl 27 right now and started on Hardcore for my second playthrough.

Oh so there is a newgame+ option of sorts still intact? Hot.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I'm sure this has been answered a ton. I did all the loyalty missions for every crew member so far...i don't have the
geth
person in my squad yet. somewhere in between doing this,
miranda and jack got into an incident and I sided with Miranda. Jack became disloyal to me. I have 60% paragon and with one mission left...reapier iff. I'm assuming I still have time to gain jack's loyalty since I have to go through the Omega 4 relay? I'm trying to 100% the game the first time through hehe
thanks

Zeliard

KaYotiX said:

It's capped at 30, though, isn't it?

kai3345

Banned
CAW said:
I finished the game with no characters dieing. I made sure I had all the ship upgrades (minus the med bay upgrade) and everyone was loyal. From that point on there are certain decisions you'll have to make (three of them), but they were easy and kind of obvious. If you choose correctly, no one dies. If you don't, you'll have deaths.
So there's no way to
choose who dies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom