• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheYanger

will52 said:
Who goes into the character slot second from the left (on the squad selection screen)? Is that upcoming DLC?

Without spoiling anything, no DLC characters show up as dossiers until they're actually downloaded. Bioware wasn't that cheesy this time.

Cep

Banned
sillymonkey321 said:
I don't really want to make a separate thread about this but the mining " minigame" is idiotically bad.

It and the final boss are IMO the worst parts of the game.

Keep in mind that some people loved both.

Cep said:

It's better after you get Miranda's upgrade but it is still relentlessly tedious. Sure, I get a thrill when I finally find a nice seam of stuff I really need for an upgrade but it really shouldn't have to take so long and such a string of pointless meandering.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
sillymonkey321 said:
I don't really want to make a separate thread about this but the mining " minigame" is idiotically bad.

This and the whole having to buy fuel bit are ridiculous. I can't figure out how BioWare thought that would add anything meaningful to the game.

Cep

Banned
Himuro said:
Mordin: "Aware that you and Jack are sexually active. Or planning to be. Suggest caution. Emotionally unstable biotics dangerous during intercourse."

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Yeah, he has one for every LI.

Himuro said:
Mordin: "Aware that you and Jack are sexually active. Or planning to be. Suggest caution. Emotionally unstable biotics dangerous during intercourse."

I think Mordin is the only person my Shepard would leave Liara for.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Wow, this crew is so much better than the first, though good to see old faces. Tuchanka wow, never knew it looked like that.

DarkKyo

Man I can't get past the part where you gotta
fight two shockwave-using scions at once... My teammates die pretty quickly and then I just get raped with constant shockwaves and husks chasing me!
Any tips??

Anyone care to weigh in on
Morinth vs. Samara
?
Which one should I go with and why? I did Samara on my first playthrough... but since this is the game that will eventually be exported to ME3, I'm wondering how I should side this time. :S

TheYanger

When I was hitting on everyone on the ship he gave me a speech about how he knew I was trying to find love but cut me off ahead of time saying Salarians and Humans don't work and he wasn't interested etc. Rambling on about how he was flattered that I wanted him but that it wouldn't work. Had to let him down easy (None of this was a result of any 'romance' with him, purely him assuming I wanted him because I was after everyone else)

Zeliard

I just got a minor little side quest just by listening to a couple background characters talk in the Citadel. I had to listen to them for a few seconds before it triggered. Are there more of those?

enewtabie

What the hell is going on with the DLC stuff? I can't log in to get anything,it keeps messing up when I try to setup a new EA account. I got a CE and can't use anything. Just make your stuff work right EA...jesus

Sai

Sai said:
So, I told
Conrad
off nicely in the first game. What's all this talk about me
pointing a gun in his face
?

And I heard about Sirta on the news. I know that in the first game, even if you save all of the drugged researchers, the report in the Citadel elevators will imply that you decimated everything in there. But this was a glitch, wasn't it? Even though I took the paragon route, the renegade outcome is still present in the sequel.
... Nobody else is concerned with this? :(

Also, I actually kind of like the new mining minigame. Upgraded the scanner as soon as Miranda gave me the opportunity, and I've probably lucked out a bit when it comes to finding eezo and platinum(the other two seem to be really plentiful). I can see how it would bother some more impatient gamers, and it might be an issue for those starting new games(and not new game+)... But I do like it a lot more than the way it was handled in the first game. Hopefully Bioware will be able to find a solution that'll please most of their fans in the 3rd game.

Anarchistry

Himuro said:
Sigh.

This is a major spoiler dude. Mark it.

I went with Morinth. It's purely an aesthetic choice, but I like her attitude more than Samara's. Also, they have two differently loyalty powers.
I feel like
Morinth
could be infinitely more useful, due to her
condition

SlickVic

SlickVic said:
Anyone know what song is playing at the
end of Samara's recruitment mission where you're fighting that Eclipse Sisters Boss?
Sounded pretty cool but didn't really get to give it a proper listen as I was focusing on the battle at hand.

Anyone know?

LiK

Himuro said:

my fave is from Garrus. "i never thought about cross species intercourse" :lol :lol

Himuro said:
Sigh.

This is a major spoiler dude. Mark it.

I went with Morinth. It's purely an aesthetic choice, but I like her attitude more than Samara's. Also, they have two differently loyalty powers.

Sorry. It's been openly discussed in this thread... which is how I found out I even could actually take that option. Didn't think it was a spoiler at this point. Not like anyone who hadn't got that far knows who the people are, or how to do it, or what the circumstances are... or anything about it other than "hey, I can choose."

Cep said:
Since every scenario has a guaranteed Paragon/Renegade way to get out

That's way less true than it is in the first game, though. Tons of situations in ME2 have either only a renegade trigger or only a paragon trigger, and if you skip that you're forced to go through with things the "normal" way.

CaLe

I have a question for those who have finished the game, not a spoilery question, just a concern.

I'm about 20 hours in now and have been pretty much doing everything and skipping nothing so far, talking to everyone after each mission etc etc. I've done 4 loyalty quests and still have 3 more members to recruit. My concern is that I've just finished a mission and the chat afterward made it sound like I should really be close to having my team ready, which I feel like I don't. 3 more to recruit and then all the loyalty missions.

Should I be worried that taking my time to do everything will somehow hinder me towards the end?

Also is there method to the progression? Like, does doing more loyalty missions force the story mission upon you? Or does recruiting new members force them? Thanks for the help.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
corrosivefrost said:
Not at this point. It's been openly discussed in this thread... which is how I found out I even could actually take that option.

Yeah, in spoiler tags it was discussed. Unless it wasnt somewhere, in which case it should be.

Also dont go to the ME Wiki otherwise you'll get the same spoiler.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
TheYanger said:
When I was hitting on everyone on the ship he gave me a speech about how he knew I was trying to find love but cut me off ahead of time saying Salarians and Humans don't work and he wasn't interested etc. Rambling on about how he was flattered that I wanted him but that it wouldn't work. Had to let him down easy (None of this was a result of any 'romance' with him, purely him assuming I wanted him because I was after everyone else)

Eh, this happens to anyone if you keep saying "talk about you", provided your gender is right.

Heck, when I was playing through as a FemShep, Jack told me she wasn't interested, I accidentally hit the "talk about you" option again, and she got real defensive real fast, lol.

I am curious though, the reason I went through those talk about you responses is because I assumed you had to do them for them to open up their loyalty missions. However, some happened with people I hadn't talked to in a while after doing several side missions, seemingly out of the blue. Not quite sure how it works.

... Nobody else is concerned with this?

The situation with
Conrad
Is apparently bugged, as is the part about the Consort and several other galactic news parts on Ilium.

Sai

Metroidvania said:
The situation with
Conrad
Is apparently bugged, as is the part about the Consort and several other galactic news parts on Ilium.
Has Bioware said anything about it? Any intention to fix any of this?

It probably won't matter much for the Consort and Sirta, as I can't see them having much of a presence in the next game no matter what you do. But still...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Cep said:

Yeah well some people like the Mako in ME1 and some people like binary choices and badly written romance dialogue.

Truly these people need help.

Cep

Banned
SlickVic said:
Anyone know?

Probably another part of Samara's theme. I think the end portions.

HK-47 said:
Probably because Mordin isnt a vapid waste of space like Liara.

In an inept attempt at fixing that, they overly sexualized her in the comic and made her too ruthless and "badass" in the second.

charlequin said:
That's way less true than it is in the first game, though. Tons of situations in ME2 have either only a renegade trigger or only a paragon trigger, and if you skip that you're forced to go through with things the "normal" way.

Mostly for the interrupts, and I agree that those a definitely good.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Himuro said:
Liara is actually awesome in ME2.

Yes, by totally rewriting her character and not explaining exactly how this happened. Especially to the very young and naive Liara.

It was an obvious author saving throw.

neojubei

Himuro said:
Liara is actually awesome in ME2.

And scary. She almost sounded like her mother.

HK-47 said:
Yes, by totally rewriting her character and not explaining exactly how this happened. Especially to the very young and naive Liara.

I think it is explained in the comic book.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
corrosivefrost said:
Anyone care to weigh in on
Morinth vs. Samara
?
Which one should I go with and why? I did Samara on my first playthrough... but since this is the game that will eventually be exported to ME3, I'm wondering how I should side this time. :S
Morinth has the best end game scene
http://i46.tinypic.com/13ypbg5.jpg

HK-47 said:
Yeah well some people like the Mako in ME1 and some people like binary choices and badly written romance dialogue.

I didn't necessarily like the Mako as much as I loved exploring the worlds. The new ship interface when flying planet to planet helps satisfy some of that but I want to fart around on some of these alien worlds.

As for romance dialogue, I think it's all fucking stupid and I'm amazed people give a shit about these "romantic" experiences. I don't give a shit about getting laid with my virtual character.

MMaRsu

Dax01 said:
I wish hacking terminals and stuff would give you access to some cool stuff in your environment and use those to your advantage.

Instead of credits. So true, every hack is fucking credits.

Cep

Banned
HK-47 said:

Yeah, they actually made it worse.

HK-47 said:

Tali is their best so far(especially since her recruitment mission shows how much she is infatuated with you). I still think that making the goal sex is ridiculously BAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

I just finished the game on normal with my imported ME1-Shepard. What an amazing game. I can't really find anything to criticize except for some small annoying things (e.g.
the constant bla bla from Harbinger when he takes over a drone
) but nothing big.

Speculator

BioWare Austin
HK-47 said:

Comics explain it, so strangely enough...Drew's books and other ME fiction matter in the universe unlike other vid game tie ins.

neojubei

Wow, totally forgot about Toombs, this game really makes you appreciate Mass Effect 1 and your decisions there.

The bit with
Conrad
happened to me too. It assumed the renegade stuff had happened in ME1 (but I finished that last playthrough on Sunday so you're not tricking me into thinking I misremembered Bioware!)

During that conversation I got a reworded thing in which it switched to assuming I did the paragon route before. Definitely bugged, but it let me wrap up that situation with the paragon style in ME2 regardless.

On the other hand
the news bits about the Consort and Sirta
are annoying if we can't do anything about them miscarrying over and it affects ME3 or something.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
HK-47 said:

Granted, it's unfortunate that they flesh it out moreso in the comics, but there's an easily missable dialogue choice which does actually explain the basic gist of it.

For some reason, after you do the 2nd quest for her, it's under the "investigate", but if you hit the top one, Liara's needs, first, you won't be able to find it.

In essence, like the comics suggest, she was working for the Shadow Broker at first, found out "he" was going to sell Shepard's body to the collectors, and teamed up with Cerebrus to outbid the collectors...and lost some friend she made on the way.

Himuro said:
What's the point of no return? I've got every character except one now, and done all of their quests too.

When you
go through the Omega 4 relay
, you're forced to play everything out.
Game will carry on afterwards, if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom