• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help with New Game Plus:

Importing my old save forces me into my old config of male vanguard. Is there a way to start as a different class without starting from scratch?

Does the 25% boost in experience only affect importing a character?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I just met
Legion
. How many hours left do I have in the game? Do I have to play the loyalty missions for every single character? Seems like the game wants me to connect with my team more before it'll proceed with the story.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Himuro said:
So it's not getting the IFF that's the point of no return?

No.

However...

If you take too long after doing the IFF, bad things can happen....keeping it vague on purpose.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I'd liked what heard about someone being in multiple relationships and when Jack got the backhand, she refused to talk to Shepard for the rest of the game (or possibly it was just a certain period of time). Regardless that seemed like a nice step in the right direction.

enewtabie

Could anybody explain how the code for the collectors gun works? I am logged in to ea and it only shows my psn id..not my gamertag and I can't find where to link it and it keeps asking for email and password for everything I click.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Has anyone tried this on a Macbook Pro with the older X1600 in it? I can't use 'search this thread' function for answer.

I played the first Mass Effect on the same laptop, so is the new one heavier on the computer or about the same in performance?

Cep

Banned
Linkzg said:
Help with New Game Plus:

Importing my old save forces me into my old config of male vanguard. Is there a way to start as a different class without starting from scratch?

Does the 25% boost in experience only affect importing a character?

All of them.

SnowWolf said:
I just met
Legion
. How many hours left do I have in the game? Do I have to play the loyalty missions for every single character? Seems like the game wants me to connect with my team more before it'll proceed with the story.

If you want them to survive, you need to do them all (make sure you have enough P/R so that you do not lose loyalty).

dofry said:
Has anyone tried this on a Macbook Pro with the older X1600 in it? I can't use 'search this thread' function for answer.

I played the first Mass Effect on the same laptop, so is the new one heavier on the computer or about the same in performance?

Should run better.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Metroidvania said:
Granted, it's unfortunate that they flesh it out moreso in the comics, but there's an easily missable dialogue choice which does actually explain the basic gist of it.

For some reason, after you do the 2nd quest for her, it's under the "investigate", but if you hit the top one, Liara's needs, first, you won't be able to find it.

In essence, like the comics suggest, she was working for the Shadow Broker at first, found out "he" was going to sell Shepard's body to the collectors, and teamed up with Cerebrus to outbid the collectors...and lost some friend she made on the way.

It still happened very fast. Especially for an asari.

I still think its a saving throw that was not pulled off well. Thats including the comic, because my issue is with time not cross medium character development.

Cep

Banned
HK-47 said:

I still think its a saving throw that was not pulled off well.

I agree. Not to mention that saving that putting something like that in a comic is bad form.

Himuro said:
When the fuck do I get Legion?

Story mission, after you visit the derelict
reaper.

Barrett2

I've played eight hours, feel like i've only just begun, and can't wait to get back to my 360 to start playing again. The mark of a great game. :D

lawblob said:
I've played eight hours, feel like i've only just begun, and can't wait to get back to my 360 to start playing again. The mark of a great game. :D

I've only played 3 1/2 but I can't stop thinking about it. I haven't time to really sit and play but I can't wait for the little bursts that I do! Fun, fun game.

Cep

Banned
Linkzg said:
So to clarify, I can start a brand new game a female sentinel and get 25% experience boost?

Yes.

user_nat said:
How much is enough?

Just as long as you picked a side and are no too much in the middle.

Just Leave Tali + Jack/Miranda loyalty quests to absolute last you should have accrued enough points by then.

Metroidvania

HK-47 said:

I still think its a saving throw that was not pulled off well. Thats including the comic, because my issue is with time not cross medium character development.

I don't disagree, 2 years does seems like quite quick, especially when other Asari make pointed reference to how long they live.

It's probably also part of Bioware's "Love interests from ME1" can't go decision, because honestly, her not coming along because she wants this information (even though everything she did, she did for Shepard) does seem a bit silly.

Hmm..something just hit me.

I think the only decision that can actually come back to bite you Paragon-wise instead of all working out for the best is during Samara's recruitment quest,
The asari on ilium who said she was innocent, then turned out not to be. I'd definitely like to see at least another two or three of those, rather than having Paragon work out for the best every single time.

It's a matter of balance, I suppose, you can't have TOO many backfire, but that one really stood out for me when I found out the overall story.

enewtabie

Seriously...
EA's DLC setup is by far the worst crap I've ever seen in my life. Just make it so you can log in during the game and key the freaking code. I don't need to go to a website and log in and find out I can't link my gamertag for some reason. Such BS.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Metroidvania said:
I think the only decision that can actually come back to bite you Paragon-wise instead of all working out for the best is during Samara's recruitment quest,
The asari on ilium who said she was innocent, then turned out not to be. I'd definitely like to see at least another two or three of those, rather than having Paragon work out for the best every single time.

It's a matter of balance, I suppose, you can't have TOO many backfire, but that one really stood out for me when I found out the overall story.

I didn't even know there was an option to let her go, I just saw the renegade interrupt pop up and hit it lol. I can't imagine how pissed off I would've been had she gotten away.

And I agree, Paragon shouldn't always work for the best 100% of the time

Metroidvania

Linkzg said:
Last question (thanks for the help already, btw)

If I use a female shepard ME1 import, will I still get that 25% experience boost?

Every quest after you get the achievement will work for any character, similar to ME1's experience bonuses.

My imported vanguard is getting the bonus xp as my second imported character, and it definitely makes a difference.

Cep

Banned
Linkzg said:
Last question (thanks for the help already, btw)

If I use a female shepard ME1 import, will I still get that 25% experience boost?

The bonus is tied to the achievement. All characters on you account will get it.

Finished on veteran, one of the best games I've ever played, I see now why you want to have everyone loyal as well. Pretty good twists at the end but kind of saw them coming.

Could someone give me a non-spoilerific answer to when the point of no return is?
I would imagine it's when you use the Omega 4 Relay (which sounds obvious) but I'm also hearing about the possibility to get teammates killed if you wait around doing side missions after a certain plot event.

Thanks.

Cep

Banned
TenshiOni said:
Could someone give me a non-spoilerific answer to when the point of no return is?
I would imagine it's when you use the Omega 4 Relay (which sounds obvious) but I'm also hearing about the possibility to get teammates killed if you wait around doing side missions after a certain plot event.

Thanks.

The relay is that point, but I suggest you get everything done before the IFF is installed and then going to the relay DIRECTLY after that.

Cep

Banned
Himuro said:
So I've done every mission I've been given so far except find the IFF.

Should I just go to the IFF or is this like ME1 where you can to random planets and do quests? Or are all the non-story or loyalty quest planet just scanning fodder? If so, I'm going to get the IFF.

There are planets that can be scanned for up to 20 N7 Missions. Look a couple of pages back for a JPG of that. I suggest you do the last party members mission directly after that.

Man. Scanning is SO much better in this game. I don't know why anyone is complaining about it when we had to put up with that bullshit in ME1.

As far as my experience goes, this game is superior to ME1 in every way.

comrade said:
God that was the most epic intro ever.
OMG YES. I was just like: :O "Shieeeeeet!"

Cep said:
The relay is that point, but I suggest you get everything done before the IFF is installed and then going to the relay DIRECTLY after that.

I was going to ask this. I've got one more loyalty quest to do and I'm concerned it's going to force me down the main path before I want to. Are you able to complete sidequests after the main story completion or would I be better off doing all of my exploring now?

I'm loving the game and I'm not looking forward to being funneled toward endgame.

Beat it after 24 hours.
Lost only one person - Tali but fuck her she was unloyal anyways
. End of story is fine (not as good as ME1) but the whole final boss battle was pretty embarrassing.
Weak spots, really?
Overall, I'd give ME2 8.5/10. Will play again as Female Soldier and Insanity.

comrade

Man. Scanning is SO much better in this game. I don't know why anyone is complaining about it when we had to put up with that bullshit in ME1.

Shepard desperately fighting to plug the holes in his air lines. Twirling towards a planet, entering its orbit. My jaw was dropped.

Cep

Banned
neojubei said:
I'm doing everything before the IFF.

If you do no need the levels, you can leave the N7 missions until after the game is over. But the last party member's loyalty mission should be the only thing separating you and going through the relay.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Narayan, get out the carnival of stupid! GET OUT!

It is so tedious.

mYm|17|

Himuro said:
What difficulty are you playing on? It seems like every post you've made in the thread is about whether something is hard or not. :lol

Insanity with Vanguard :lol

Oh, the assault rifle saved my life...............it's so powerful

HK-47 said:
Narayan, get out the carnival of stupid! GET OUT!

It is so tedious.

It's nowhere near as tedious as the Mako. Forcing myself to do those Mako sections on ME1 replays was awful.

And those
50k resources that you get on subsequent playthroughs means that you don't have to do it nearly as much.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Post IFF related question

Is it possible to do the IFF mission/recruit Legion AND bring him to Tali's loyalty mission while at the same time completing his loyalty mission and still save the entire crew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom