• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

mYm|17|

Cep said:
Depends on which we are talking about.

Warp is good.

Dominate is decent.

Shockwave is 'meh'

Reave is broken.

I agree wholeheartedly. Without Thane, I wouldn't have beaten the Collector Ship mission.

It's pretty deadly

Cep said:
Because on Insane, EVERYTHING has some sort of defense (or 2). EVERYTHING.

Vanguards do not have a De-Buff, and Area Reave does 80.00 (per second for 4 sec) to Armor/ barriers within 3 meters. And if they do not have any defenses it heals you. Not to mention it paralyses them and makes them stand up straight(making snipind easier)

Charge is only going to get you killed, even if you can use it right, there are better skills that deserve to be leveled up. Also, no amount of defense is going to substitute cover, so Barrier/Geth Shield/Fortification are not that great.

but with that said...saying not to level charge is like saying dont play vanguard. If I were to not level charge...I would just play sentinel or something. I mean...the point of playing vanguard is to use an ability like charge. with that said...almost all my skills are already leveled up going into insanity so why wouldn't I have charge leveled up?

I want to find a happy medium in insanity with using charge here and there and taking cover...but If I am taking cover all day as a vanguard...I wouldn't even play that class.

So thus why I was hoping geth shield/fortification would be nice.

Reave seems like a great choice....what about nueral shock? the aoe version of it might help with a vanguard...no?

Thermite

For the
Forged ID
sidequest on the
Citadel
, where the hell do I go? I've searched everywhere and I can't find anyone who needs it.

Thermite said:
For the
Forged ID
sidequest on the
Citadel
, where the hell do I go? I've searched everywhere and I can't find anyone who needs it.
Its the two asari that need to get past customs. You can either persuade your way out of it or give forged IDs to them. I think.

Cep

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:
but with that said...saying not to level charge is like saying dont play vanguard. If I were to not level charge...I would just play sentinel or something. I mean...the point of playing vanguard is to use an ability like charge. with that said...almost all my skills are already leveled up going into insanity so why wouldn't I have charge leveled up?

I want to find a happy medium in insanity with using charge here and there and taking cover...but If I am taking cover all day as a vanguard...I wouldn't even play that class.

So thus why I was hoping geth shield/fortification would be nice.

Reave seems like a great choice....what about nueral shock? the aoe version of it might help with a vanguard...no?

That is exactly what I am saying.

Let me lay it straight with you:

Any power that does not significantly reduce defenses is considered USELESS on Insanity.

There, I said it.

So the only extra talents worth the investment: Shield Drain, Reave, Inferno Grenade and MAYBE Dominate(but it violates the above rule, so...)

stupei said:
Do you have to upgrade the medical bay to get best ending? I kind of like the scars, to be honest, so I've been holding off but I'll grab it right before the end if I need to.

Samara AND Thane(or Zaeed) make this mission cake.

Xevren

Thermite said:
For the
Forged ID
sidequest on the
Citadel

I believe when you leave the C-Sec office head left and near the stairs is a pair of asari people on couches with problems leaving the citadel, they are the ones that need it. I think that area is where they are.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Thermite said:
For the
Forged ID
sidequest on the
Citadel

It's 2 Asari sitting on a bench, I think as you come into the the "Citadel" go left and you should hear their conversation

Cep said:
That is exactly what I am saying.

Let me lay it straight with you:

Any power that does not significantly reduce defenses is considered USELESS on Insanity.

There, I said it.

So the only extra talents worth the investment: Shield Drain, Reave, Inferno Grenade and MAYBE Dominate(but it violates the above rule, so...)

reave doesn't work on all enemies...a few of the toughest enemies...reave is pretty much pointless.

what about energy drain...how does that work exactly? I never got to use it in my first play through.

Cep

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:
reave doesn't work on all enemies...a few of the toughest enemies...reave is pretty much pointless.

What the hell are you talking about?

Reave is less effective against shields, but that is it. The final boss is the only one 'Immune'

Energy drain is like a cross between Reave and Overload. Sucks shields/synthetic life and gives them to you.

Thermite

Xevren said:
I believe when you leave the C-Sec office head left and near the stairs is a pair of asari people on couches with problems leaving the citadel, they are the ones that need it. I think that area is where they are.

Pankaks said:
It's 2 Asari sitting on a bench, I think as you come into the the "Citadel" go left and you should hear their conversation

Ahh. Thank you so much. I've walked around so many times in the
Zakara Wards
looking for where to go. :lol

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Fixed2BeBroken said:

It doesn't work one or two enemy types that you won't see more than once or twice.

It's a little less effective on armor, but it takes down shields, barriers, and health quite well.

Cep said:
What the hell are you talking about?

Reave is less effective against shields, but that is it. The final boss is the only one 'Immune'

Energy drain is like a cross between Reave and Overload. Sucks shields/synthetic life and gives them to you.

I thought reave didn't work on robots/synthetics or whatever...at least that's what I read somewhere...but if thats not the case...the cheers

also....so which is better overall then..energy drain or reave?

Cep

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:
I thought reave didn't work on robots/synthetics or whatever...at least that's what I read somewhere...but if thats not the case...the cheers

also....so which is better overall then..energy drain or reave?

Reave. Overload is actually better than Energy drain, so bring a party member with that.

stupei

Thanks for the responses, guys.

It's about 6 degrees here right now so that's given me all the excuse I need to sit at home and do nothing but play ME2 all day. (Not that I really needed the excuse, but it's a good one to give to other people.) Likely to finish it today or tomorrow, but I'm doing every sidequest I can find just to keep it from ending.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
CAW said:
jsnksn.jpg

om nom nom nom

Man, that collector ship was brutal.
The fight near the end against the Praetor was just nasty.
I died like 10-15 times before setting the difficulty down to casual.:lol

Also, (spoiler for hilarious dialogue with Mordin)
apparently there's a Varren STD on the Normandy now.:lol

zombieshavebrains said:
Anyone else on PC have this bug?

This happened to me earlier in the mission too. No spoilers that i'm aware of. Maybe one character that you end up getting fairly early in the game.

Yeah, that happened to me on that ship wreckage hanging off the cliff mission, and in one other place that I can't remember.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
It has been a while now, and I still haven't got my Amazon pre-order code. Any suggestions guys?

stupei said:
Thanks for the responses, guys.

It's about 6 degrees here right now so that's given me all the excuse I need to sit at home and do nothing but play ME2 all day. (Not that I really needed the excuse, but it's a good one to give to other people.) Likely to finish it today or tomorrow, but I'm doing every sidequest I can find just to keep it from ending.

yea...im snowed where im at and everything is closed...so its ME2 all the way

KuwabaraTheMan said:
[/spoiler]

eh really? what difficulty were you playing on and what class? I breezed through that part on normal...

Cetra

LiK said:
yup, i mentioned this already. Jennifer Hale rocks and is the key reason why i play as FemShep. so much better.

I just googled Jennifer Hale as I'd never heard of her before, and holy jeebus! I had no idea she'd done work, stellar work, in so many of my favorite games. I'm quite shocked and amazed. :lol

Thermite said:
For the
Forged ID
sidequest on the
Citadel

As said above, when you dock at the Citadel you'll go past through C-Sec. Turn left after you exist C-Sec and walk ahead. When you get to the end, you'll see a staircase on your right and a couch with two Asari's talking. However, they only appear there after you complete certain missions at the Citadel as they were not there before I had finished the Krogan Fish quest and also Thane's loyalty mission. After I did, they were there.

KuwabaraTheMan said:

Also, (spoiler for hilarious dialogue with Mordin)
apparently there's a Varren STD on the Normandy now.:lol

Yeah, that happened to me on that ship wreckage hanging off the cliff mission, and in one other place that I can't remember.

It was tough. Thanks to the
Collector beam, I did it. There were also some Power Cells in areas
I hadn't found in my first go. They were the reason I finished that task.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
tehWillis said:
I just googled Jennifer Hale as I'd never heard of her before, and holy jeebus! I had no idea she'd done work, stellar work, in so many of my favorite games. I'm quite shocked and amazed. :lol

Hmm..

sounds like i'm about the only person on GAF who thought Hale's performance in this game was mediocre, not as good as the male counterpart at least. Don't get me wrong though I love her work in many of her other projects.

edit :

haha :p

Really great game. I was kind of disappointed that there weren't many armor choices and you couldn't change/customize what your team mates wore.

Also is there any explanation as to why during certain sections of the game (like when you are on
the derelict reaper or the collectors ship
) the characters weren't required to wear helmet?

Cep

Banned
chandoog said:
Hmm..

sounds like i'm about the only person on GAF who thought Hale's performance in this game was mediocre, not as good as the male counterpart at least. Don't get me wrong though I love her work in many of her other projects.

edit :

haha :p

She has been mediocre as of late, but she was still better than Meer. Not by much though.

Not her best work.

Best RPG I've played in a good bit. I thought ME1 was insanely overrated, but this one probably deserves the praise it has received.

:lol@ the the guy saying Hale's VO was "mediocre"
By the standards of the genre, she's outstanding. Play more games.

Coxswain

Cep said:
I started a new game on Insanity (Infiltrator this time) and picked Dominate as my starting bonus power. It is stupid. I'm not super far yet (just finished recruiting Mordin, Garrus, and Grunt), but I've won more than one encounter by basically just knocking the shields off of one dude and then chaining Dominate on them and whoever else's shields they knock off until there's like one half-dead guy left who I can just mop up at my leisure.

Cep

Banned
Coxswain said:
I started a new game on Insanity (Infiltrator this time) and picked Dominate as my starting bonus power. It is stupid. I'm not super far yet (just finished recruiting Mordin, Garrus, and Grunt), but I've won more than one encounter by basically just knocking the shields off of one dude and then chaining Dominate on them and whoever else's shields they knock off until there's like one half-dead guy left who I can just mop up at my leisure.

Yeah I know.

I still think Reave is better.

Metroidvania or Cep...which is better the heavy reave or the aoe reave?

I was thinking aoe reave + shockwave would be deadly on groups...

but I am assuming heavy weave is the way to go...am I right?

Cep

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:
Metroidvania or Cep...which is better the heavy reave or the aoe reave?

I was thinking aoe reave + shockwave would be deadly on groups...

but I am assuming heavy weave is the way to go...am I right?

I personally think that Area Reave is the best way to go.

FrankT

panda21 said:
holy crap this is amazing

best game ever?

One of the best this gen to be sure. Possibly my favorite this gen although I haven't finished ict yet, but it is looking promising.

calder said:
must... stop... scanning planets..

In a weird way it is kind of addicting albeit tedious as ever.

Enosh

MuzzledBasher said:
Also is there any explanation as to why during certain sections of the game (like when you are on
the derelict reaper or the collectors ship
) the characters weren't required to wear helmet?
life support is on

oh and
EDI: "Due to the killing of the trasher maw several breeding request for Grunt have been made. And one for Shepard"

Grunt: "Hah!"

ME3, introducing hot Shepard on Female Krogan action?

Mindlog

Enosh said:
life support is on

oh and
EDI: "Due to the killing of the trasher maw several breeding request for Grunt have been made. And one for Shepard"

Grunt: "Hah!"

ME3, introducing hot Shepard on Female Krogan action?

the definitive suicide mission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom