• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macmanus

Ducarmel said:
I think its stupid to punch
you actually own the reporter harder if you smartly tell your story.

Well it is a role playing game. It's only stupid to you because it falls outside the role that you are personally choosing to play. Some of us are trying to play misogynistic assholes that fuck shit up. Punching her seems in line with that. :D

Cep

Banned
Himuro said:
Okay, I got the IFF and did
Legion's
loyalty quest. Can I head to the final place now?

Word.

Yeah, do nothing else.

K.Jack said:
Beautiful.

I'm only using it for the resources. Everything else would cheapen the experience.

That is what I did as well.

suzu

Snippet of
Garrus's
awkward & hilarious romance dialogue.

Garrus: It'll be either a night to treasure, or a horrible interspecies-awkwardness thing.
Garrus: You know me. I always like to savor the last shot before popping the heat sink. ....Wait. That metaphor just went somewhere horrible.
Shepard: I'll talk to you later, Garrus.
Garrus: Right. 'Cause I'm in a great place to optimize firing algorithms right now.

Heading to
the Collector's Ship
right now. Didn't even get to finish recruiting people before they forced me into the mission.

cresto

Is there a website that has ME2 stats on weapons and upgrades? I like the simplicity, but I also want to know how much damage I am inflicting between my hand cannon and my machine pistol.

kai3345

Banned
So...My crew is talking about
getting the IFF and going through the Omega 4 Relay
that sounds like endgame talk, but I'm only 12 hours in? Does
getting the IFF take me to the endgame?
or does it just open up a new set of missions?

I still have Samara left to recruit and some loyalty missions left, should I do those first?

Ducarmel

Macmanus said:
Well it is a role playing game. It's only stupid to you because it falls outside the role that you are personally choosing to play. Some of us are trying to play misogynistic assholes that fuck shit up. Punching her seems in line with that. :D
yeah but
she is a reporter and probably wanted you to hit her.
she wanted you to fall in her trap.

LiK

kai3345 said:
So...My crew is talking about
getting the IFF and going through the Omega 4 Relay
that sounds like endgame talk, but I'm only 12 hours in? Does
getting the IFF take me to the endgame?
or does it just open up a new set of mission?

I still have Samara left to recruit and some loyalty missions left, should I do those first?

do the other loyalty missions first. IFF ain't end game but
its close

What is the outlook for the Cerberus Network? Anything more in the pipeline after the Hammerhead DLC? For a free service it's pretty damn excellent so far.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the scanning is so much nicer with the faster moving upgrade.

Cetra

suzu said:
Snippet of
Garrus's
awkward & hilarious romance dialogue.

Garrus: It'll be either a night to treasure, or a horrible interspecies-awkwardness thing.
Garrus: You know me. I always like to savor the last shot before popping the heat sink. ....Wait. That metaphor just went somewhere horrible.
Shepard: I'll talk to you later, Garrus.
Garrus: Right. 'Cause I'm in a great place to optimize firing algorithms right now.

Heading to
the Collector's Ship
right now. Didn't even get to finish recruiting people before they forced me into the mission.

I died laughing when that conversation occurred. Hilarious stuff. :lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damnit, having Grunt on my squad and listening to him in a battle is perfect - whether it's him critisizing the enemy, or making that dry evil laugh when of them gets killed - it makes me want to keep him on the squad every single battle! :D

And again, the cutscenes and conversation bits are so damn well done, and go out of the way to show what a visual masterpiece the game is, and how detailed and good the characters look, especially with the close-ups like I just had with Miranda, Grunt and my Shepard. Really nice when Shepard is talking and every now and then you see one of your squad mates over your shoulder, or the camera switches over to them paying attention to the conversation, etc.

They really outdid themselves with this game.

It would blow my mind playing any Mass Effect with a male character. It's awesome they give the choice and that people can have totally different vibes playing.

Macmanus

Ducarmel said:
yeah but
she is a reporter and probably wanted you to hit her.
she wanted you to fall in her trap.

Well if punching the bitch jeopardizes my chances of saving the universe, I'll be sure to make the "right" decision on the next play through.

Macmanus said:
Well if punching the bitch jeopardizes my chances of saving the universe, I'll be sure to make the "right" decision on the next play through.

I just think the Paragon choice is so much better.
You pretty much beat her at her own game and leave her speechless.

Dresden

Is anyone here playing the Engineer class? Thinking about going through Insanity with another class after my Vanguard playthrough, and I want to use a class with no biotics.

Solo

Looks like its time for me to happily eat some motherfucking crow! Mmm, tasty! Pretty much every issue I previously had that Ive brought up in this thread has just been alleviated. Its amazing what finally have a solid 6 hour session can do, and its amazing how much of a difference gaining 3-4 levels can make to letting my vanguard get his balls back. I finally feel like the badass I once was in the first game. And it feels so. fucking. good. I can now join in on the love, since the game obviously blows the first out of the water in all the areas I wasn’t bitching about before tonight's revelations.

I did Zaeed’s loyalty quest, and recruited Jack and Grunt, did some anomaly sidequests tonight. I just reached
Horizon
before calling it a day.

Randomness:
- vanguard is rocking out now. Pull is fucking great once its been levelled up some, and cryo rounds are badass. Im generally using Jack and Miranda for my squadmates.
- man, the Citadel has been gutted. With that said, I still cant get over how much better the graphics are in ME2. It’s a quantum leap over the first game. The nightclubs especially ooze atmosphere. Sooooo good.
- the advertisements in the Wards had me rolling. Elcor Hamlet and the one where the Asari is trying to sell you burial robes :lol :lol
- Zaeed’s loyalty quest was fucking awesome. The planet and the music totally had a Virmire vibe, and since that was my favourite mission in the first game, I was smiling throughout. Really awesome renegade choice in this one too.
- I really like Jack, which is dumbfounding, since I was sure I was going to hate her from all the promo material. Shes actually a pretty damned intriguing character.
- Jack is also a ridiculously easy lay :lol :lol Not an hour after recruiting her I was shagging her in the cargo bay. I guess she couldn’t resist my renegade prick’s renegade prick. Is she a love interest, or is it just casual?
-
Ashley
!
- Damnnnn, ME2 is going to SAIL past ME1 in terms of length. Ive now played 11.5 hours, and Im still on Disc 1. For comparative purposes, I beat ME1 the first time in 16 hours. ME2 is looking to be probably a 30+ hour experience for me.

Game of the Forever train is back on track! Choo choo!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
zombieshavebrains said:
Anyone else on PC have this bug?

This happened to me earlier in the mission too. No spoilers that i'm aware of. Maybe one character that you end up getting fairly early in the game.
Yes this has happened to me a few times. Freaking annoying when I just killed a wave of impossible to kill enemies., then I'm stuck airwalking.

Warning: do not think that quick-saving, then reloading will fix it.
Dresden said:
Is anyone here playing the Engineer class? Thinking about going through Insanity with another class after my Vanguard playthrough, and I want to use a class with no biotics.
I'm playing an Engineer on Hardcore, for my first play through. It's awesome.

Upgrade to Combat Drone ASAP. That thing will always come through when you're getting swamped.

Engineer 4 life.

cresto

Dresden said:
I wish it wasn't such a pain to swap out weapons, takes too long too.

Macmanus

KuwabaraTheMan said:
I just think the Paragon choice is so much better.
You pretty much beat her at her own game and leave her speechless.

But how is that better if I'm trying to avoid being a paragon?

I'm honestly not trying to be a dick here, but do some of you people not understand the whole role playing aspect of role playing? The tangible reward might be superior for out foxing her at her own game, but I'm seeking a specific narrative.
Decking
her falls in line with what I'm going for on this current play through.

Macmanus said:

I'm honestly not trying to be a dick here, but do some of you people not understand the whole role playing aspect of role playing? The tangible reward might be superior for out foxing her at her own game, but I'm seeking a specific narrative.
Decking

Yeah, I get that. I was just commenting on what I personally felt. Obviously the point of the game is to play it however you see fit. I didn't mean to come off otherwise. I was just saying what I personally felt about that scenario.

Cep

Banned
Macmanus said:

Decking

Sorry to say this, but you most certainly do sound like a dick.

He was presenting his opinion about possible actions in a scenario, not challenging your decision to roleplay.

Macmanus

Cep said:

He was presenting his opinion about possible actions in a scenario, not challenging your decision to roleplay.

You're probably right.

Sorry if I offended, and I appreciate the insight!

birdman

Cep said:

+2 Paragon

ergo said:
I wish it wasn't such a pain to swap out weapons, takes too long too.

Do you mean the loadouts or the weapon wheel?

If you mean switching weapons with the wheel on console, you can hold X to switch to your previous weapon. Barring ammo constraints, I find myself only switching between two weapons anyway.

Infiltrators are a joke. The game is a breeze even on Insanity thanks to the Incisor. I'm cruising through combat my Vanguard had trouble with on Veteran, and that character had a two level advantage over this one. It certainly helps that I know exactly how the game's combat mechanics work now as opposed to trying to use powers like I did in Mass Effect. Getting Zaeed right off the bat and using him during the Mordin recruitment instead of Jacob helps too.

Cep

Banned
MegaKungFuRadio said:
Do you mean the loadouts or the weapon wheel?

If you mean switching weapons with the wheel on console, you can hold X to switch to your previous weapon. Barring ammo constraints, I find myself only switching between two weapons anyway.

Infiltrators are a joke. The game is a breeze even on Insanity thanks to the Incisor. I'm cruising through combat my Vanguard had trouble with on Veteran, and that character had a two level advantage over this one. It certainly helps that I know exactly how the game's combat mechanics work now as opposed to trying to use powers like I did in Mass Effect. Getting Zaeed right off the bat and using him during the Mordin recruitment instead of Jacob helps too.

Sentinels and Infiltrators are the two best classes in the game.

Sorry if this has been answered, but if I find the IFF and initiate endgame can I go back and complete all of the sidequests that I left? If you can, does it count as after endgame or is it like Dragon Age where it takes place before endgame in the timeline?

Macmanus

Cep said:

Why?

(This isn't a challenge. The only class I've played in ME1 and 2 is Vangaurd. No idea what they have access to in ME2.)

wizword

Banned
The game is so well written and acted it really surprises me. Bioware games always were well written but this one takes it imo for their best game in terms of writing.

LiK

JordoftheDead said:
Sorry if this has been answered, but if I find the IFF and initiate endgame can I go back and complete all of the sidequests that I left?

yes you can.

Cep said:

Yeah, by description they certainly seemed that way, but you can never really be sure until you play it.

Ugh, you would think that having finished the game once already and knowing there isn't enough money to buy all the upgrades, I'd be a bit more judicious with my spending. But no, I just bought stupid decoration and the somewhat pointless Hacking Module again.

Macmanus said:
Why?

(This isn't a challenge. The only class I've played in ME1 and 2 is Vangaurd. No idea what they have access to in ME2.)

Sniping is incredibly easy as an Infiltrator. They slow down time by 60% for a little over 2 seconds when they zoom. Most of the toughest enemies in the game have a layer of armor which Sniper Rifles and pistols rip right through. Oh, and they can fucking turn invisible!

Sentinels have the best selection of abilities to remove Barriers, Armor, and Shields to open up enemies for other attacks. Their tech armor also makes them crazy hard to kill.

A lot of this stuff won't matter at difficulties below Hardcore--when almost all enemies have a barrier, shield, or armor--and Insanity--when some enemies actually regenerate health.

Solo

I think I must be too renegade or something - my ENTIRE crew, outside of Jack (who is only with me for my body) is giving me the cold shoulder :lol Miranda has work to do, Grunt cant be bothered, Zaeed doesnt have the capability, Jacob doesnt wanna "force" these talks, Garrus is calibrating shit, Mordin is busy with science :lol

Two questions:
- where the fuck is Conrad "the fan" Verner in ME2?
- where does the Rachni Queen decision come into play?

X26

Banned
Did IFF, but can't find legion anywhere o nthe ship. Read it was in the AI core through the med bay, but there's notihng in there. Either this is a glitch, or I messed up somehere.

Macmanus

MegaKungFuRadio said:
Sniping is incredibly easy as an Infiltrator. They slow down time by 60% for a little over 2 seconds when they zoom. Most of the toughest enemies in the game have a layer of armor which Sniper Rifles and pistols rip right through. Oh, and they can fucking turn invisible!

Sentinels have the best selection of abilities to remove Barriers, Armor, and Shields to open up enemies for other attacks. Their tech armor also makes them crazy hard to kill.

A lot of this stuff won't matter at difficulties below Hardcore--when almost all enemies have a barrier, shield, or armor--and Insanity--when some enemies actually regenerate health.

You have no idea how much I appreciate this information. Thanks.

kuYuri

I was wondering how close I am to the end.

I just recruited Tali, still have Thane and Samara to recruit, and I just got a call from Illusive Man for a mission to
investigate a Collector ship that was shot down by a Turian patrol or something like.

I've put about 20 hours into it. Any idea how far I am as far as main story goes?

LiK

JordoftheDead said:
Excellent. Thanks heaps. Love the avatar BTW, the
Tali loyalty mission
has probably been my favourite part of the game.

F*cking great game. :D

yea, glad to finally see what the
migrant fleet
looks like after it being mentioned in ME1

Strider2K99 said:
I was wondering how close I am to the end.

I just recruited Tali, still have Thane and Samara to recruit, and I just got a call from Illusive Man for a mission to
investigate a Collector ship that was shot down by a Turian patrol or something like.

I've put about 20 hours into it. Any idea how far I am as far as main story goes?

don't worry, keep recruiting and do the rest of the loyalty missions first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom