• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Fixed2BeBroken said:
Metroidvania or Cep...which is better the heavy reave or the aoe reave?

I was thinking aoe reave + shockwave would be deadly on groups...

but I am assuming heavy weave is the way to go...am I right?

I've only personally done the Heavy Reave, but the aoe is probably more useful on harder difficulties since enemies often do stack together, and the damage "loss" when using the AoE reave isn't that big, iirc.

On normal, though, Heavy Reave will take down a basic enemy's shield and at least a 1/4 of his health.

Shockwave is nice for a crowd control, but damage-wise, unfortunately, like most of the biotic skills now, it's only "good" when the enemy's shields are down, which on the harder difficulties, isn't really that worthwhile compared to other skills.

ME3, introducing hot Shepard on Female Krogan action?

I lol'd when I went through that segment, was wondering if it would still say the same thing for my Femshep, and lo and behold.

That extra weapon upgrade bonus was....sudden.

One thing I have to retrain myself about here as opposed to ME1 is wanting to play the whole game with a single team. It's just impossible and if you focus on it, you'll just start getting frustrated about getting locked into Main Quests before you get everyone. Next time through I'm going to save everything for the end in terms of loyalty and stuff.

Macmanus

chandoog said:
sounds like i'm about the only person on GAF who thought Hale's performance in this game was mediocre, not as good as the male counterpart at least.

Ahh that sucks. Male Shephard's mediocre voice acting is really taking me out of the immersion. I was hoping my second play through with a female Shep would improve that.

Macmanus said:
Ahh that sucks. Male Shephard's mediocre voice acting is really taking me out of the immersion. I was hoping my second play through with a female Shep would improve that.

I thought she was great, especially as an increasingly high number of galactic females want to bang her. She handles it well.

Cetra

BenjaminBirdie said:
I thought she was great, especially as an increasingly high number of galactic females want to bang her. She handles it well.

I have to agree. In the first ME she was good, but the performance seemed to be dialed into a kind of full-bore I'm Commander Shepard and I am awesome kind of feel. In ME2 the performance has far more nuance and wry humor built into it. Fantastic voice work, in my opinion.

Lothars

Macmanus said:

I thought Male Shepard's Voice acting was fantastic but I heard that Female Shepard's is just as good.

tehWillis said:
I have to agree. In the first ME she was good, but the performance seemed to be dialed into a kind of full-bore I'm Commander Shepard and I am awesome kind of feel. In ME2 the performance has far more nuance and wry humor built into it. Fantastic voice work, in my opinion.

"I'l go get Joker's crippled ass" :lol

Macmanus

Lothars said:
I thought Male Shepard's Voice acting was fantastic but I heard that Female Shepard's is just as good.

It just falls flat for me in certain places. 80% of the time is pretty fantastic, but when their is emotional back and forth dialog with other characters he comes off as rather monotone. He is rather void of personality most of the time.

Lothars

Macmanus said:
It just falls flat for me in certain places. 80% of the time is pretty fantastic, but when their is emotional back and forth dialog with other characters he comes off as rather monotone. He is rather void of personality most of the time.

I understand and hey I don't think your wrong but I just didn't find the same thing.

It's all good though :)

Cep

Banned
Macmanus said:

Very true.

Hale may not have been that great, but she was better at least.

Tokubetsu

Okay Fuck Dr. Chakwas. I'm all about Jack. Reminds of this inustrial chick I used to kick it with. Shaved head and all :lol

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
kai3345 said:
How do I get more armor types? and is there more patterns that just the stripes and camo?

You can get two or three pieces of new armor for each slot, and nope, just those two patterns.

JoeMartin

Anyone know how to lower the mouse sensitivity? I put the "camera" option on the lowest setting but jesus it's still sensitive as hell. Any config files I can work over?

Lothars

Revelations said:
When is the Hammerhead DLC and Kasumi designated ETA?

no one knows exactly but on some of the podcasts this week, it sounds like it will be in probably earlier next week for Hammerhead DLC and Kasumi still hasn't been announced, so probably a couple weeks.

Himuro said:
So I've done every mission I've been given so far except find the IFF.

Should I just go to the IFF or is this like ME1 where you can to random planets and do quests? Or are all the non-story or loyalty quest planet just scanning fodder? If so, I'm going to get the IFF.

if you have paragon/renegade meter problems i suggest selecting the lvl 4 skill for the class that gives the 100% boost over the 75% boost

kai3345 said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

The Collectors are the Protheans!!!!

Oh my god this game is so awesome

well, not exactly.
they are mutated/deformed and indoctrinated decendant of protheans, they don't really look alike, it is pretty cool though.

Gribbix

Kholdstare101 said:
Why does everyone lean to the side and cross their arms?

I can't stop noticing this.
The odd bit of behavior that I couldn't help but notice was the way that some characters would go from sitting to standing and then back to sitting for each item you choose in 'Investigate' options of the dialog tree.

Jtyettis said:
One of the best this gen to be sure. Possibly my favorite this gen although I haven't finished ict yet, but it is looking promising.

In a weird way it is kind of addicting albeit tedious as ever.

110k+ element zero*and had about 400k+ for the other 3 resource left over before going to endgame...lol i destroyed ever entire star systems mineral deposits:lol i did run out of money though, missed maybe 2-4 vendor upgrades. i wish they had a way to sell surplus resources :(

Thermite

Meus Renaissance said:
As said above, when you dock at the Citadel you'll go past through C-Sec. Turn left after you exist C-Sec and walk ahead. When you get to the end, you'll see a staircase on your right and a couch with two Asari's talking. However, they only appear there after you complete certain missions at the Citadel as they were not there before I had finished the Krogan Fish quest and also Thane's loyalty mission. After I did, they were there.

Yep, they were there. Just did the quest. Thanks again, dudes. :)

Kholdstare

Gribbix said:
The odd bit of behavior that I couldn't help but notice was the way that some characters would go from sitting to standing and then back to sitting for each item you choose in 'Investigate' options of the dialog tree.

Doctor Chakwas.

I like how you're forced to watch her sit back down and turn back to her computer in such a unnatural way.

I'm very glad she doesn't play an important role in the story.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
zombieshavebrains said:
In the Citadel:

WTF i just punched the news reporter! I didn't think he would do that! I actually feel kinda bad now...

Did the same thing and loved it.

Van Owen

Banned
This is fucking bullshit.

Somehow Mordin as lying there dead at the end of the game even though he was loyal. I didn't use him on any of the special tasks like the ducts, yet there he is dead in his alternate costume.

I assume it's a bug.

Coop

zombieshavebrains said:
In the Citadel:

WTF i just punched the news reporter! I didn't think he would do that! I actually feel kinda bad now...

That scene was great

Hey Shepard last time we talked you punched me. I have some questions. There are rumo...

*punches*

I don't think I ever laughed so much in a game before.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Coop said:
That scene was great

Hey Shepard last time we talked you punched me. I have some questions. There are rumo...

*punches*

It really caught me off surprise. I'm not one to do something like that so when he did it i was astonished!

LiK

Ducarmel said:
I think its stupid to punch
you actually own the reporter harder if you smartly tell your story.

yea, i made her shut up after my speech about the
death of all the humans to save the Council
. the reporter was in awe after that

neojubei said:
Yeah but Shepard isn't Alliance anymore so didn't really care about how it would look to them. :D

did you save the Council in ME1?
got Spectre status back from them even tho i don't really follow their orders

Macmanus

Coop said:
That scene was great

*punches*

The first time you
punch
her in C-Sec in ME1 I laughed my ass off.
It was a hard shot to the gut
and completely unexpected. This time you
made her face bleed
. I would have preferred a sweep to the legs.

Lothars said:
Supposedly a new human character.

Thanks, sound like Asian Female. I hope we won't get another Biotic, some scientist would be nice.

Can anyone recommend good Bonus Power for Insanity run with my Soldier. Atm doing Hardcore with Anti-Personel Rounds (Garrus) and it feels great. Wonder if I should take something else. Barrier?

LiK

Castor Krieg said:
Thanks, sound like Asian Female. I hope we won't get another Biotic, some scientist would be nice.

Can anyone recommend good Bonus Power for Insanity run with my Soldier. Atm doing Hardcore with Anti-Personel Rounds (Garrus) and it feels great. Wonder if I should take something else. Barrier?

yea, need more Asians who aren't reporters.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Himuro said:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mtzeijnnkgn

1. Go to ME2 folder.
2. Go into BioGame\Config\PC\Cooked
3. Back up the Coalesced.ini file there in case you want to restore or if something goes wrong (which it shouldn't).
4. Download above file into that folder and rename to Coalesced
5. Start game.
6. Load save.
7. Hit key.

F1 / max resources
F2 / max credits
F11 / max Paragon
F12 / max Renegade

You can some of them, or all of them or none of them. I just went with resources.
Beautiful.

I'm only using it for the resources. Everything else would cheapen the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom