• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Ysiadmihi said:
I hate to say it, but the more I play this game the more disappointed I become. I keep hoping more depth is going to magically arrive and it just doesn't :(

What part are you on?

MacBosse said:
So how far along am I?

I haven't gone trough the Omega 4 relay and I'm about to go look for the "FF" (Friend Foe) device.
3-5 hours, then you will see the credits, when you only do the Mainquest and the loyality Mission.

Btw. I missed the Mako. Cannot wait for the next DLC :D

Aske

Just dropping into the thread to say this game is amazing. It's profoundly different to ME1, but after 15 hours or so of ME2 I honestly can't say which game I prefer. This is a good thing. I enjoyed the exploration and freedom of ME1, but I also appreciate the sense of focus the missions and hubs have in ME2. I'll probably never play ME2 without starting a character in ME1 first.

My only complaint so far is the planet scanning. Unlike most I didn't mind the Mako in the last game, but hopefully even the Mako haters agree that the endless scanning is a thousand times worse. It's time consuming, tedious, and unrealistic - Shep would never do this work. It could be entirely automated, or passed on to literally any other crew member.

I've steered clear of the thread to avoid spoilers and surprises, but having found one scanner upgrade (that didn't seem to do much), I have to ask if it gets easier. Is there a slick, quick planet scanning upgrade out there? If so, please point me in its direction.

MacBosse said:
So how far along am I?

I haven't gone trough the Omega 4 relay and I'm about to go look for the "FF" (Friend Foe) device.
After you do that then you can go through the Omega 4 relay which is the last mission.

mileS

ShepardComplete.jpg

This one looks good. Will probably go for this on my second play.

www.masseffect2faces.com/ sort by rating and gender some pretty good options.

CaLe

CaLe said:
I have a question for those who have finished the game, not a spoilery question, just a concern.

I'm about 20 hours in now and have been pretty much doing everything and skipping nothing so far, talking to everyone after each mission etc etc. I've done 4 loyalty quests and still have 3 more members to recruit. My concern is that I've just finished a mission and the chat afterward made it sound like I should really be close to having my team ready, which I feel like I don't. 3 more to recruit and then all the loyalty missions.

Should I be worried that taking my time to do everything will somehow hinder me towards the end?

Also is there method to the progression? Like, does doing more loyalty missions force the story mission upon you? Or does recruiting new members force them? Thanks for the help.

Think I posted in the middle of a conversation but I'd really appreciate if someone could answer this.

conman

So I just noticed something funny. Not sure if anyone else pointed this out already:

Most of our solar system's planets are rotating the wrong way. :D

For a game so totally dedicated to getting the "science" right, it's funny that they'd miss such an easy thing.

Not sure if someone has mentioned this but to my fellow Vanguard players. The Advanced Training ability Fortification that increases your armour stacks with your Charge abilities shield and the charge doesn't disable it. Meaning you are basically the ~Juggernaut while both are stacked :D

Be aware though the charge will disable the armour animation from Fortification.

Cetra

Revelations said:
Anyone know what day next week the Hammerhead DLC comes out?

Or if it even comes out next week?

I've been trying to find information on this as well. Best I've found is a quote from someone who's quoting an article from Game Informer saying that someone at BioWare said it'd be about a week after launch.

So to answer your question, I've got no damned idea. :lol

`Moe Joe.

Banned
Excuse my LTTP attitude and ignorance but I am so pissed off with EA right now.

Wall of text incoming.

I log into my EA Account on my computer. I want to redeem my Terminus armor.

This EA account is one which links EAsportsworld to my gamertag and allows me to upload replays through FIFA, NHL and NBA. Its linked. :lol

No problem. I'll just log into my EA account (on my computer) and redeem the Mass Effect Terminus code as it is already linked to the gamertag of my choosing. (as seen with being able to upload replays and images)

For some reason though, when I logged into it to redeem the code, it decided to unlink my gamertag even though its linked for all the other games. So I pretty much just redeemed my code and it went to NO GAMERTAG (I checked afterwards and it says "none") and of course the code is now invalid.

I don't know what to think. How could the system allow it to go through when no gamertag was listed. FFS.

More so, as I can upload replays through my gamertag to the EA profile, I would have thought it would have already been linked! Call me ignorant, but if the EA account and my gamertag are ALREADY LINKED, and I had just logged into that LINKED ACCOUNT, why would it fill my gamertag with 'no gamertag' and screw me out of my stuff? Fucking hell.

So now I can't redeem it a second time and the armor is floating around in the world of 'none'

Where can I go from here in regards to getting my ****?

Thank you if you've read this far. :lol

Nutter

This might be old news by now. But to anyone who needs help in keeping their crew alive. Read on.

Obvious Spoilers

Entire crew must be loyal.
Your own squad should be = Shepard + Miranda + Legion
Tech / Pipe = Tali
Second Squad Leader = Garrus.

Second time choosing team mates.

Your own Squad = Shepard + Miranda + Legion
Send Jacob back with the survivers.
Tech / Biotics = Samara
Second Squad Leader = Garrus

Final Boss Fight = You + Miranda + Legion

Enjoy :)

Van Owen

Banned
Nutter said:
This might be old news by now. But to anyone who needs help in keeping their crew alive. Read on.

Obvious Spoilers

Your own squad should be = Shepard + Miranda + Legion
Tech / Pipe = Tali
Second Squad Leader = Garrus.

Second time choosing team mates.

Your own Squad = Shepard + Miranda + Legion
Send Jacob back with the survivers.
Tech / Biotics = Samara
Second Squad Leader = Garrus

Final Boss Fight = You + Miranda + Legion

Enjoy :)
This doesn't always work.
Mordin died on my first run for no reason blocking the door with everyone. Sending him back with the survivors worked though.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
There's multiple ways to make sure everyone survives .. and even then sometimes having one non-loyal member in your crew can result in unexpected deaths, especially in the
biotic shield bit, one of your active 3 will get taken away even if he/she was loyal if even one of the three party members present are unloyal.

Nutter

For those have finished this on Insanity, do you have to be alive at the end to get the achievement? Or can
Shepard die
and you still get it.

Van Owen

Banned
chandoog said:
There's multiple ways to make sure everyone survives .. and even then sometimes having one non-loyal member in your crew can result in unexpected deaths, especially in the
biotic shield bit, one of your active 3 will get taken away even if he/she was loyal if even one of the three party members present are unloyal.
Mine were all loyal. :-/

SlickVic

Just recruited all but 1 of the party members and the Illusive Man wants to see me. I'm assuming that's not a "point of no return" mission and I can continue finishing loyalty quests after that before the final mission hits?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Van Owen said:
Mine were all loyal. :-/

I take it you mean someone got pulled in that scene regardless ? :p

Yeah .. it's a weird and fucked up flowchart running behind it all lol

selig

Banned
Himuro said:
:lol

We have different definitions of the genre. My definition is all about customization, not dialogue trees.

In Mass Effect 2 you customize the whole story, your whole surroundings by your personal decisions.

Agreed with whomever said it: ME2 is as close as Role Playing Games get.

Of course, if your definition of an RPG are silly, abstract skill point choices and silly non-skill combat-systems, then that´s okay...but it´s not what "role playing" implies to me. Maybe call it "SPG", stat playing game.

painey

what I love about the final mission is the tension, its even better if you know the "No One Left Behind" achievement because the build up is unbearable as you see the cut scenes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
painey said:
what I love about the final mission is the tension, its even better if you know the "No One Left Behind" achievement because the build up is unbearable as you see the cut scenes.

I must admit, wondering if I would lose that achievement made me a lot more tense that I would be otherwise. :lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Just got the final squadmate and doing the loyalty mission.

Question for that;
is it possible to take Legion with you on Tali's loyalty quest? Does it have any impact?

I love that after end-game (romance related)
your romace option (Tali in my case) can be invited up to your room to sit on your couch or lay on you bed, and when you check out the picture of your romance choice in ME 1 (Liana for me) it has been placed face-down, in what I like to think is an attempt to spare your ME 2 choices feelings.
Love the little details. :D

Aske

Revelations said:
Sure the maker will say that. However in the end they all have the same basic similarities in looks.

Imagine I had a decent camera. Even aside from the awesome space-witch makeup, she doesn't bear much resemblance to any other female Shepards I've seen. I'm pleased with her. She looks great in game. Took me forever to create a character that didn't reveal some subtle imperfection in certain lighting conditions or when speaking. I'm still trying to make a satisfying male Shep in ME1.

20100131-d4yjnk7rj7gd17qjjysguihy71.jpg

20100131-x1ayp9rmefp2rn77jswtfqr7qh.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
JordoftheDead said:
I love that after end-game (romance related)
your romace option (Tali in my case) can be invited up to your room to sit on your couch or lay on you bed, and when you check out the picture of your romance choice in ME 1 (Liana for me) it has been placed face-down, in what I like to think is an attempt to spare your ME 2 choices feelings.
Love the little details. :D

The heresay is that how you handle it will have a big impact in ME3, which is why I'm playing through again just to avoid that.

EatChildren said:
Just got the final squadmate and doing the loyalty mission.

Question for that;
is it possible to take Legion with you on Tali's loyalty quest? Does it have any impact?

I wouldn't think so, since bringing
Miranda to the Fleet
doesn't do much. I also had
Grunt with Mordin during his quest
and nothing happened either.

It's too bad, but I guess they just didn't want to write dialogs for every possible combination of party members.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
firehawk12 said:
I wouldn't think so, since bringing
Miranda to the Fleet
doesn't do much. I also had
Grunt with Mordin during his quest
and nothing happened either.

It's too bad, but I guess they just didn't want to write dialogs for every possible combination of party members.

Thats a shame,
as I wouldn't think the Quarians would just ignore a Geth wandering around their ship, especially considering the circumstances of the quest.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
EatChildren said:
Thats a shame,
as I wouldn't think the Quarians would just ignore a Geth wandering around their ship, especially considering the circumstances of the quest.

You would think so... and maybe it's worth trying.
Unfortunately, the only real way to test that out would be to go for the non-optimal path. I'd try it out, but redoing the entire
IFF/Scion-Husk-fest
seems really off putting.

But remember how the game opens with the Quarians shitting on Cerberus? You'd think that would have an effect as well, but it doesn't.

This is a bloody good game. I found it a little tricky at first and the learning curve can be a bit wonky. But I've got a handle on it now. The best news is it plays fine on a OC'd GTX260. ME1 would crash all the time but ME2 is fine. They've done a good job on the engine. Hopefully this means ME3 won't need too much tweaking and should be out sooner.

Zinga

Banned
Wonderful game, one of the best games to come out in years. This is the peak of modern gaming, something which only a company like Bioware could pull off.

Anyways about the ending:
kinda pissed that I lost Legion, even though I completed all loyalty quests, had every single upgrade and prepared my team to perfection. The most annoying part is that it seems to be totally random, with some people just being able to load up there saves, play through the same bit again and see the same character that just died make it through, not really a fan of that so i'm going to have to have another playthrough to make sure everyone lives

If you haven't got a 360 or PC, you really have to play this series, its a classic for the ages.

Zinga

Banned
Slackbladder said:
This is a bloody good game. I found it a little tricky at first and the learning curve can be a bit wonky. But I've got a handle on it now. The best news is it plays fine on a OC'd GTX260. ME1 would crash all the time but ME2 is fine. They've done a good job on the engine. Hopefully this means ME3 won't need too much tweaking and should be out sooner.

My hope is that next time round they don't worry about changing the game mechanics but just stick to content building, if they can do that I don't see why we can't be playing ME3 by the end of next year.

Shinjitsu

Banned
Domino Theory said:
Need some quick help:

Anyone know where I can get a new Assault Rifle? I've been stuck with the same Assault Rifle that they give you in the beginning of the game and it's pissing me off. I want a better one. :(

(Lvl 19 Soldier, btw)

There's another Assault Rifle not counting the collector one you get from the Deluxe version
The Geth Pulse Rifle. You need to play Tali's recruitment mission on Hardcore or Insanity, the rifle will be in the room where you get her.

Naeblish

Is it weird that i find Jack attractive? I never cared much for romances in rpgs, but man, i just want Shepard to nail her in this game :D .

Q8D3vil

anywhere to get the pre-order bonus code for the pc version ?!
pre-ordered 2 limited edition for me and my friend but didn't know amazon only give 1 code per customer :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom