• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metroidvania said:
Have you been getting all the credits during missions through hacking and bypassing? IIRC, you should be able to match every "cerebrus funding" at the end of a mission with an equivalent amount of "hacked" credits.

I think early on I might have missed out on Full Hack credits because of some flubs but I'm pretty sure I've found them all over the course of the missions.

Cep

Banned
Metroidvania said:
Yeah, this needs to happen.

I recall the one N7 mission where literally all I did was push 3 buttons to restart a heat shield.

Or the one where all you did was shoot 10 varren.

If all the sidequests were the size and scope of loyalty missions, this game would be game of the forever.

Have you been getting all the credits during missions through hacking and bypassing? IIRC, you should be able to match every "cerebrus funding" at the end of a mission with an equivalent amount of "hacked" credits.

Remember the crashed ship? I would have killed to fight there.

Patryn

Castor Krieg said:
When you get to Omega, or somewhere, can you quickly confirm that all ME1 choices are intact and the same as the original imported character?

I'm sorry, I mean I started a new game by re-importing my ME1 character. You can't pick a new class if you start a new game with your ME2 character. I'd assume all your ME1 choices are locked, however.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Himuro said:
By the end of the game I had like 700k credits. I bought like jack shit.

I was constantly hitting 0 due to buying upgrades. Was such a stark contrast to the first one where you'd had two choices: sit and endlessly convert items to omni-gel (of which you already had like 500) or sell them for 0 credits (since you had maxed them out.)

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
PyschoDiver said:
Does anyone know if the original Mass Effect's DLC transfers over into the sequel?

If you mean being playable, then as Cep said, nope.

However, you will recieve mention of what happened in Bring down the sky and the decision you made, and the devs have expressed interest in doing additional DLC that continues the story of the ME1 DLC, again, at least for Bring down the sky.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Metroidvania said:
If you mean being playable, then as Cep said, nope.

However, you will recieve mention of what happened in Bring down the sky and the decision you made, and the devs have expressed interest in doing additional DLC that continues the story of the ME1 DLC, again, at least for Bring down the sky.

I honestly believed that was what they were going to do. Based on the point structure of the past, I predicted 5 DLC packs that continued the BDtS storyline. Boy was I wrong, but hopefully they bring it back this time.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Damn, someone made a pretty good Dr. House.

Via MassEffect2Faces

168_Dr.%20House_200.png

242.118.2RG.12R.S1T.27W.GN1.51S.C91.H11.E37.5

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There's a reason why the only confirmed female Krogan is
covered up with a sheet during Mordin's quest
. It's just like showing Tali's face - a giant tease because they don't know what they should look like.

Dan Yo

Banned
So exactly what bonus do you get from the rich achievement? The bonus for level 60 character is 150k credits to start with, correct? Well I have that, but I don't see anything extra for having the rich achievement.

The Tali face thing is the single most disappointing thing in the entire game. The frustrating part about it is
the serious conversation you have with her about it NOT being some mask to face bullshit
and Bioware gives you the middle finger after getting your hopes up.

kai3345

Banned
Reposting for new page

Got a Terminus Armor and M-490 Blackstorm heavy Weapon code up for trade

PM me an offer

No money please, I'm looking for something to trade

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dan Yo said:
So exactly what bonus do you get from the rich achievement? The bonus for level 60 character is 150k credits to start with, correct? Well I have that, but I don't see anything extra for having the rich achievement.

You get 50k for being 60 and 100k for being rich.

Dark FaZe said:
The Tali face thing is the single most disappointing thing in the entire game. The frustrating part about it is
the serious conversation you have with her about it NOT being some mask to face bullshit
and Bioware gives you the middle finger after getting your hopes up.

Lose-lose situation I guess. They probably had no idea what to make them look like AND they figured that anything they did come up with would disappoint everyone. So, easier to just cut away instead.

firehawk12 said:
There's a reason why the only confirmed female Krogan is
covered up with a sheet during Mordin's quest
. It's just like showing Tali's face - a giant tease because they don't know what they should look like.
See, I don't really have a problem with the female Krogans or Tali's face, I'm willing to wait for the former and ponder the latter.

Tali ftw.

Animal

Banned
Am i really expected to orbit every uncharted planet i come across and sweep the whole surface for resources and drop a million probes?

I get the feeling that I should be putting much more of my time into this than i currently am. This is incredibly boring and finger numbing.

kitzkozan

Shake Appeal said:
We're living in different universes, I think.

In the universe I live in (I call it "the real world"), WRPGs this generation are just the same as WRPGs of previous years... albeit with fewer features, less complexity, and worse writing. The only compensation is increased "production values" and "polish".

Yes,and by looking at the reviews of most modern wrpg,this is what mainstream critics and most gamer want as well. :lol

Now I understand why the older wrpg often got mediocre or lukewarm reviews because of the lack of polish or bugs.This is probably why they were more creative or adventurous as well,since they were made on small budget and thus small commercial expectation as well.

Can't really blame most gamer on this,since most of them were raised on japanese game where polish and production value were crucial in distancing yourself from the pack/competition(and the complete lack of patching on older console).

Still got a couple of loyalty missions to do and one last character to get but I must say most characters are really awesome.

At this point, I'm hoping they'll do a full blown add-on just for the sake of having a story where I can hang out a bit more with all these cool characters before ME3.

Thane <3

Cep

Banned
Animal said:
Am i really expected to orbit every uncharted planet i come across and sweep the whole surface for resources and drop a million probes?

I get the feeling that I should be putting much more of my time into this than i currently am. This is incredibly boring and finger numbing.

Yeah, you are.

If you are on PC, hack that shit.

Animal said:

Only probe when you need it for upgrades. The extra missions - anomalies - are detected the moment you enter orbit, no need to probe.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Animal said:

The only suggestions I can give (if you're on 360) are to only bother with rich or good planets, and do "sweeps" with intermitent clicking of the left trigger, rather than hold it down.

Oh, and get the upgraded one from Miranda, stat.

Cep

Banned
kitzkozan said:
Yes,and by looking at the reviews of most modern wrpg,this is what mainstream critics and most gamer want as well. :lol

Now I understand why the older wrpg often got mediocre or lukewarm reviews because of the lack of polish or bugs.This is probably why they were more creative or adventurous as well,since they were made on small budget and thus small commercial expectation as well.

Can't really blame most gamer on this,since most of them were raised on japanese game where polish and production value were crucial in distancing yourself from the pack/competition(and the complete lack of patching on older console).

It was in comparison to JRPGs (Excluding Demon's Souls and maybe VC).

Both genres have stagnated immensely this generation. WRPGs however, are doing much better.

I certainly was not suggesting that the WRPGs of today are wholesale improvements of those of yore (they are often much cleaner combat-wise though, much complexity is lost, but in some cases (Witcher, ME2) this may be a good thing).

'cuz that would be crazy.

Patryn

To get enough for all the upgrades, you only need to do a fraction of the available planets. At the end I was just visiting planets long enough to hear if there was an anomaly or not.

If you're really annoyed, become an Engineer. Class track eventually leads to a 25% reduction in all research costs.

I just wish the galaxy had less iridium. I had about 200,000 of it at the end of the game

Can someone tell me what's the point of DLC armor if you can't take your helmet off in conversations? All helmets for that matter. Dragon Age had plenty of helmets with stats that didn't show up in conversations when they were equipped.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Zeouterlimits said:
See, I don't really have a problem with the female Krogans or Tali's face, I'm willing to wait for the former and ponder the latter.

Tali ftw.

Yeah, it's still cheap though. :)

Dan Yo said:
Thanks. Were any other ME1 achievements confirmed to have bearing on ME2 or is that it?

Nope, that was it. There was supposed to be more I think, but there hasn't been anything else I noticed.

Won

Nooooooo, my fish are dead!!!! :(

I don't think I can go on anymore. The collectors can take whatever they want, I don't care anymore. Everything I loved....dead..... :(

Oh wait, I still have my hamster! Enough reason to fight on!

Animal

Banned
Cep said:
Yeah, you are.

If you are on PC, hack that shit.

:lol You have to be kidding me. This can't be real. I'm on 360 and their is no way I'm fucking dragging that stupid scope across the entire surface of all the planets I come across at such a slow speed. Huge fuck up here Bioware.

Animal

Banned
lawblob said:
Son of a bitch, thats the fourth time I accidentally clicked on the story discussion thread instead of this one. -_-

That makes two of us and I'm willing to bet their are allot more making the same mistake. Their should be some kind of rule on Spoiler and non-spoiler thread naming.

firehawk12 said:
Lose-lose situation I guess. They probably had no idea what to make them look like AND they figured that anything they did come up with would disappoint everyone. So, easier to just cut away instead.

Eh we just want her to look hot.

Fitz

In regards to the romance continuation from ME1,
after speaking to Ash and her being all pissed off with me and not jumping back on board (punolol) I checked around and apparently if you remain faithful to her for the whole game, you get some tiny scene before the endgame in which Shepard looks at her picture in his cabin and smiles. I assume that means you can get back with her in ME3, so like 2 years from now.

Of course this leaves me with a VAST dilema, being that Miranda is hot.

I'll confess that I chose Miranda and then dashboarded to get Tali for my true ending :lol.

I really wanted to like Miranda but her character really gave me nothing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Colkate said:
In regards to the romance continuation from ME1,
after speaking to Ash and her being all pissed off with me and not jumping back on board (punolol) I checked around and apparently if you remain faithful to her for the whole game, you get some tiny scene before the endgame in which Shepard looks are her picture in his cabin and smiles. I assume that means you can get back with her in ME3, so like 2 years from now.

Of course this leaves me with a VAST dilema, being that Miranda is hot.

I'm basically replaying the whole fucking game again just to get this and set up a "good" save for ME3. :lol

Fitz

firehawk12 said:
I'm basically replaying the whole fucking game again just to get this and set up a "good" save for ME3. :lol

:D I know what you mean, I'm also lining up my next character so I can remain "pure".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom