• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Colkate said:
In regards to the romance continuation from ME1,
after speaking to Ash and her being all pissed off with me and not jumping back on board (punolol) I checked around and apparently if you remain faithful to her for the whole game, you get some tiny scene before the endgame in which Shepard looks at her picture in his cabin and smiles. I assume that means you can get back with her in ME3, so like 2 years from now.

Of course this leaves me with a VAST dilema, being that Miranda is hot.

huh .. can some one verify that ? because I'd love to stay faithful to Liara :(

firehawk12 said:
I'm basically replaying the whole fucking game again just to get this and set up a "good" save for ME3. :lol

if that's true ditto for me :p

Fitz

chandoog said:

There is a brief sentence on the MEwiki for Ash and Liara that describes the event,
whether or not getting it on with Miranda/Tali etc will prevent you from getting back with Ash/Liara(or even Kaiden I presume) in ME3 is just my guess.

So...I love Dragon Age. Is this game as good? I haven't played ME1 but the series looks pretty awesome and I even prefer the sci-fi setting, from what I've seen. Does it compare to DA in terms of pacing?

Colkate said:
In regards to the romance continuation from ME1,
after speaking to Ash and her being all pissed off with me and not jumping back on board (punolol) I checked around and apparently if you remain faithful to her for the whole game, you get some tiny scene before the endgame in which Shepard looks at her picture in his cabin and smiles. I assume that means you can get back with her in ME3, so like 2 years from now.

Of course this leaves me with a VAST dilema, being that Tali is awesome.

Fixed...but yes this is quite a dilemma.

Hey, does anybody have an extra promo code for any kind of armor except the Terminus/ Collectors ? I'm willing to trade a GOWIII E3 demo if anybody is interested.

PM me if interested.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
chandoog said:

Yeah, you should get a scene of that nature.

If you're unfaithful, when you go up to your cabin afterwards,
The picture of your ME1 LI is turned down

As a male shep is it possible to romance

Yes and no.

It's possible if you
Avoid all of the other romance options, but it doesn't actually count as a romance, and you don't get a scene, other than her dancing for you if you save her during the endgame

Patryn

I can verify.
I played a femShep that romanced Kaiden, and while I flirted with Kelly, I didn't romance anyone else, and I got the scene where she looked wistfully at Kaiden's portrait, despite my telling Kelly that it was over. Odd.

adamsapple

Keikoku said:
As a male shep is it possible to romance
Kelly Chambers
?

She's a fling, not a romance option and male/female both can do that.

edit : thanks for the verifications guys. Fuck you Cerberus bitch ! I'm staying faithful to my blue lady.

FrankT

firehawk12 said:
I'm basically replaying the whole fucking game again just to get this and set up a "good" save for ME3. :lol

Well I know what I'm doing for next go around. :lol

I did notice that Ash's picture suddenly disappeared from my desk sometime after I hit it off with Miranda. I suppose this is no accident heh.

Love the little details like that.

adamsapple

corrosivefrost said:
How?

I got her to have dinner with me, so she'll feed my fish and I saved her from collector abduction... am I toast because I had a relationship with Miranda?

I think yes, that's what everyone says, I haven't been able to get her to
dance for me
either because I was with Miranda too :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
you know that point you get to in a game where it's so good that you both want to play it for hours and hours, but also want to not play it because you don't want to finish it?

Yeah, that's why I'm posting on here at the moment.

Van Owen

Banned
I really hate that I have to wear the stupid headgear for the 10% headshot bonus. I'm really not impressed with the armor designs in the game. :lol

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Fuck staying faithful to Ashely. The only reason I chose her is because she was better than Liara.

Miranda fo' life!

ezekial45

Banned
Great game! :D

I'm gonna finish up some exploration of the clusters before i start new game+, but i got a few questions:

Is it whether or not the squad mates have loyalty determine if they die during the final mission? For me Jack and Zaeed were killed. (I sided with Miranda during her argument with Jack; i couldn't pick the other option. Also, i stayed to help the workers during Zaeed's mission. That guy got away though.
Does anything open up during new game +? The last game has new weapons and armor available.
So what happens if you don't buy all the ship upgrades? Does the ship get destroyed as soon as you enter the final area?

Enosh

holy shit

anyone tried to talk EDI abour Cerberus and was sad when she just says "that is clasified" beacose of some restraints put on her
well after joker hooks her up to the Normandy those restraints get released so she can go into some specifics

Cerberus has set up many legitimate fronts through which they are financed, they have income in the billions of credits per year along with investments from private supporters and some high ranking officials in the aliance military, they always run only 12 operations at a time and they were the ones that pushed the aliance to build the original Normandy after which they basicly copied the blue prints

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yay for being able to use snipers now. If you do New Game+ can you actually do the other weapons too?

Zeliard

Van Owen said:
I really hate that I have to wear the stupid headgear for the 10% headshot bonus. I'm really not impressed with the armor designs in the game. :lol

I've been sporting the Garrus-style one-eyed visor that I think has a 5% headshot bonus. That thing looks pretty cool.

goldenpp72

Metroidvania said:
Yeah, you should get a scene of that nature.

If you're unfaithful, when you go up to your cabin afterwards,
The picture of your ME1 LI is turned down

Yes and no.

It's possible if you
Avoid all of the other romance options, but it doesn't actually count as a romance, and you don't get a scene, other than her dancing for you if you save her during the endgame

How do you save her? I wanted to :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Enosh said:
holy shit

anyone tried to talk EDI abour Cerberus and was sad when she just says "that is clasified" beacose of some restraints put on her
well after joker hooks her up to the Normandy those restraints get released so she can go into some specifics

Cerberus has set up many legitimate fronts through which they are financed, they have income in the billions of credits per year along with investments from private supporters and some high ranking officials in the aliance military, they always run only 12 operations at a time and they were the ones that pushed the aliance to build the original Normandy after which they basicly copied the blue prints

Fuck, I forgot to do this. Off to load up disc 2. :lol

goldenpp72 said:
How do you save her? I wanted to :(

You can't delay after the
IFF mission
. Basically, the moment you can start the end game, you have to do it.

Sai

Question about the events after the
Reaper IFF
:

I've heard that there's some kind of "time limit" after completing that mission. Every time you go on another mission, or assignment you're attacked by the Collectors, and lose crew as a result. Is this correct?

Is there any way to prevent this? Acquiring all of the upgrades for the Normandy, perhaps? Just trying to figure out the best way to approach the situation when I import another career, and I'm also worried that I may miss out on some conversations with Legion due to the rush.

Almost done with the game. Wonder if I'll be able to hit Lv30 before the end though... Probably not. Seems like you only gain enough XP on each of your main missions to level up once, and the assignments don't really give you all that much.

Love the way they handled the new planet exploration assignments. Just wish there were more of them, is all. Haven't completed them all, but I can see that they're scarce enough. At least, compared to the amount there were in the first game. Maybe this'll be addressed with the upcoming DLC; looking foward to seeing the Hammerhead.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sai said:
Question about the events after the
Reaper IFF
:

I've heard that there's some kind of "time limit" after completing that mission. Every time you go on another mission, or assignment you're attacked by the Collectors, and lose crew as a result. Is this correct?

Is there any way to prevent this? Acquiring all of the upgrades for the Normandy, perhaps? Just trying to figure out the best way to approach the situation when I import another career, and I'm also worried that I may miss out on some conversations with Legion due to the rush.

Your entire crew will be abducted. The only way to save them all is to follow them immediately through the Omega 4 relay. It's been said that you can still go to the Citadel/Omega/Illium though, to buy stuff, but I can't confirm.

Patryn

After you
get the IFF
, an event will happen. I thought it happened after one mission, but I've also heard people who got through two missions before the event triggered. After that event, you'll be prompted to move into the endgame. If you choose not to at that moment,
crew begin dying. The longer you take, the more crew will die.

There are no upgrades or quests that will prevent this from happening. Your only chance to have the best outcome is to follow the prompt and immediately trigger the endgame.

selig

Banned
Patryn said:
After you
get the IFF
, an event will happen. I thought it happened after one mission, but I've also heard people who got through two missions before the event triggered. After that event, you'll be prompted to move into the endgame. If you choose not to at that moment,
crew begin dying. The longer you take, the more crew will die.

Anyone know how many sidequests you have to so that ALL of your crew dies? Need to know for my "100% Suicide"-playthrough :p

Jrmint

Question about the ending, in regards to the options they say you have
if you live
They say you can either:
-Continue the game with Shepard to do missions and explore
or
-Start a new game with all your current weapons etc.

My question is, if you choose the latter, can you still continue exploring on the save file you beat the game on and still import that character to ME3? Because I would really like to start a new game with that character, but I don't want to lose everything I worked on.

Thanks a lot guys.

ezekial45

Banned
Skel said:
Question about the ending, in regards to the options they say you have
if you live
They say you can either:
-Continue the game with Shepard to do missions and explore
or
-Start a new game with all your current weapons etc.

My question is, if you choose the latter, can you still continue exploring on the save file you beat the game on and still import that character to ME3? Because I would really like to start a new game with that character, but I don't want to lose everything I worked on.

Thanks a lot guys.

Just like this game, it'll give you the option to select specific save files per career. If don't save over it, then i'm sure it'll be fine till then.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I beat it just an hour ago. So good. I'm starting a new playthrough as male (ugh) Shepard, going as Renegade infiltrator this time. Does anyone have the Obama code, I can't find it. I'm definitely gonna be Obama Shepard this time around.

Nevermind, here it is

221.16M.G4T.W19.EWD.BBW.WD1.4HW.ICA.113.167.6

Patryn

selig said:
Anyone know how many sidequests you have to so that ALL of your crew dies? Need to know for my "100% Suicide"-playthrough :p

The only way I know of to be sure is to upgrade nothing, do only the recruitment and story quests, no loyalty quests at all, and finally make sure you pick the absolute worst person for each job in the ending.

Jrmint

ezekial45 said:
Just like this game, it'll give you the option to select specific save files per career. If don't save over it, then i'm sure it'll be fine till then.
Yea I was thinking that, I just wanted to make sure by importing him into a new game it doesn't automatically cancel out the former. Has anyone actually tested this? I am kinda paranoid.

Also this is a small complaint, but a complaint nonetheless:

Was anyone else annoyed you could not explore the Presidium in the Citadel this time around? That is by far one of the coolest looking areas in the game and all you can do is go in that room with Capt Anderson? I was pretty pissed about this.

Patryn

Skel said:
Was anyone else annoyed you could not explore the Presidium in the Citadel this time around? That is by far one of the coolest looking areas in the game and all you can do is go in that room with Capt Anderson? I was pretty pissed about this.

Me. It made the Citadel feel a LOT smaller to me.

Zzoram

DieNgamers said:
So...I love Dragon Age. Is this game as good? I haven't played ME1 but the series looks pretty awesome and I even prefer the sci-fi setting, from what I've seen. Does it compare to DA in terms of pacing?

This game is similarly paced and very good. Like in Dragon Age, much of the game is spent recruiting allies for a major battle. The difference is there are 7 or 8 allies, and after recruiting them you can do a loyalty missions to ensure their loyalty in the major battle.

Combat is more like Gears of War, but there is still plenty of dialogue in the Bioware tradition.

Parham

Banned
Is there anyway that I can view the appearance code for my Shepard after importing them from ME1?

bigboss370 said:
is Kelly the only female femShep can 'romance' with?

Nope, she can also romance with
Jacob, Thane, Garrus, and Jack.

Jrmint

Patryn said:
Me. It made the Citadel feel a LOT smaller to me.
Yep exactly.

The Citadel was honestly my least favorite of the 3 "Hub" Cities.

My order went Illium (this place was so awesome) > Omega > Citadel.

Man, I wanna do NG+ but my batteries are almost dead on my controller and I can't find my rechargable's :lol :lol

New page bump:
Jooolieeezy said:
Hey, does anybody have an extra promo code for any kind of armor except the Terminus/ Collectors ? I'm willing to trade a GOWIII E3 demo if anybody is interested.

PM me if interested.

ianp622

I've done the loyalty mission for every person on my team (just missing one spot, don't know who that's supposed to be, but don't tell me). I still haven't got the IFF, about how many hours do I have left in this game if I don't do any other side missions?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
It amazes me how people have beaten the game days ago, and I'm not even done yet, I still have quite a bit to do I think, and I've put 24 hours into the game (I just turned the 360 off, forgot to look at the hours) but I expected as much, since my first playthrough for Mass Effect 1 was 45 hours - I love the universe that much to take my time in it.

The environments are gorgeous, especially where I'm at right now, and I know I still have a lot more to see - the texture detail is just incredible.

Looking at Metacritic and skimming ever so swiftly through this thread :lol , it's great to see that the game is getting the praise it deserves, and I hope BioWare knows it as well.

I'm hitting the sack waaaaaaay early today, because the last five days have been about me going to bed so damn late in the morning, even when I have to get up early that same day... :(

ianp622 said:
I've done the loyalty mission for every person on my team (just missing one spot, don't know who that's supposed to be, but don't tell me). I still haven't got the IFF, about how many hours do I have left in this game if I don't do any other side missions?

You're in a for pretty cool surprise, is all I have to say.. You shouldn't be too far from recruiting that somebody.

Jrmint

Jooolieeezy said:
You're in a for pretty cool surprise, is all I have to say.. You shouldn't be too far from recruiting that somebody.
IMO though the mission you get him is one of the worst in the game.

Those fucking husks and abominations are so goddamn annoying. They remind me of the wretches in Gears 1. Not to mention they throw the Scions at you too, but that Collector Sniper you get (if you choose it) takes them down in like 3 shots.

MasterTeacher said:
Hey guys, what mission can I find a sub machine gun? I am a Adept. All have have is a wack Machine pistol and I been playing for like 16 hours

Believe you get one on the mission where you rescue Tali

LiK

ianp622 said:

do the IFF, then come back to us. muhahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom