• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
MegaKungFuRadio said:
Yup, Scions are definitely the shittiest bitchiest enemies in the entire game...

Husks in general are so much tougher. I fucking snap when two get close enough, as its like the game programs them to swing at different times, stunning me and preventing me from actually getting away or shooting them.

Scions can go to hell, but 2 - 3 shots from the Widowmaker drop them.

EatChildren said:
Husks in general are so much tougher. I fucking snap when two get close enough, as its like the game programs them to swing at different times, stunning me and preventing me from actually getting away or shooting them.

Scions can go to hell, but 2 - 3 shots from the Widowmaker drop them.

The husks are only a problem for me right now because of the two Scions throwing Shockwaves at me. I just about have to empty a fully charged Collector Beam into a Scion to kill it.

MegaKungFuRadio said:
Krogans are a pain. Doing the Warlord dossier on Insanity right now and I can swear they infinitely respawn at one point. Fortunately I rock Reave on me, Warp on Miranda, and Incinerate on Mordin. Pistols do the rest.

Just curious but do you rock heavy warp or unstable warp? How do you like it? I'm torn on which to upgrade Miranda to.

MisterAnderson said:
Just curious but do you rock heavy warp or unstable warp? How do you like it? I'm torn on which to upgrade Miranda to.

Neither, I get passive bonuses first. Then upgrade abilities that gain extra features as you upgrade like Overload. Warp is probably going to be last since Slam sucks. I say go with heavy since very few enemies actually group up together and getting those damn barriers/armor down are priority one.

AniHawk

I think for ME3, they need to reincorporate stuff that was in KOTOR (or even ME1? I forget), where certain dialogue choices are based on who your character is. Maybe use a special power in the middle of a conversation. ME2 improved over ME1 in a lot of areas, but to the point where I felt everything was pretty straightforward.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
MegaKungFuRadio said:
The husks are only a problem for me right now because of the two Scions throwing Shockwaves at me. I just about have to empty a fully charged Collector Beam into a Scion to kill it.

My tactic with husks is to shoot out their legs. Their legs will explode before they're actually out of health and they'll immediately die.

Scions...well, no advice there. Anything that chews through their shielding.

Dandy

Rez said:
I just can't stand the mix of the Male VA and default Shepard Model saying all the asshole dialogue choices. Female Shepard comes off as a collected, confident, ruthless leader sort, whereas the Male version just comes off as a massive douche to me.
That's what I like about him, he just does not give a fuck. It's hilarious. :lol

Fem Shep is way too Star Trek for me.

EatChildren said:
My tactic with husks is to shoot out their legs. Their legs will explode before they're actually out of health and they'll immediately die.

Nothing chews through them. That's why they suck.

MegaKungFuRadio said:
Neither, I get passive bonuses first. Then upgrade abilities that gain extra features as you upgrade like Overload. Warp is probably going to be last since Slam sucks. I say go with heavy since very few enemies actually group up together and getting those damn barriers/armor down are priority one.

I'm the opposite, I have been getting two ranks of the "passive" line and getting at least one maxed "power" per character. And just wondering what the logic in saying "Warp is probably going to be last since Slam sucks." Do you mean that slam is going to be last?

The Hammerhead better give me that same feeling that the Mako used to in terms of TRUE galactic exploration, and isolation. I'm still PISSED that they completely axed the Mako instead of improving the handling, or making it optional or something. A huge part of my Mass Effect experience when doing side missions was based on the Mako planetary exploration. Now, all of the side missions feel so "bite sized" the way we are just dropped into these combat zones or bases.

I miss driving up to abandoned alien artifacts from centuries before while a green sun creeps up above the top of the mountains in the horizon. I miss being under a huge blue sun while my team collects minerals.

I'd take 10 mineral collecting missions that give huge sums of whatever it is we need, and driving up to the bases over any of this planet scanning nonsense.

Net_Wrecker said:
The Hammerhead better give me that same feeling that the Mako used to in terms of TRUE galactic exploration, and isolation. I'm still PISSED that they completely axed the Mako instead of improving the handling, or making it optional or something. A huge part of my Mass Effect experience when doing side missions was based on the Mako planetary exploration. Now, all of the side missions feel so "bite sized" the way we are just dropped into these combat zones or bases.

I miss driving up to abandoned alien artifacts from centuries before while a green sun creeps up above the top of the mountains in the horizon. I miss being under a huge blue sun while my team collects minerals.

I'd take 10 mineral collecting missions that give huge sums of whatever it is we need, and driving up to the bases over any of this planet scanning nonsense.

Amen, brother.

Solo

Net_Wrecker said:
The Hammerhead better give me that same feeling that the Mako used to in terms of TRUE galactic exploration, and isolation.

I doubt it will. Im guessing the Hammerhead opens up one new planet and mission that you can land on and drive. Its not like its going to retroactively work on the other planets.

Doytch

EatChildren said:

I just chuck Heavy Warps, Reaves and Fire Grenades at the Scions while going all out with my semi-auto sniper rifle. They go down fast.

Darklord

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:

Better handling wouldn't have fixed bland, boring missions with identical bases.

My tactic with husks is to shoot out their legs.

Husks are incredibly weak against Cryo rounds. They freeze 100% of the time and smash easily.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ezduo said:
Ending question:

Is it possible to get the entire crew killed? I've heard if you don't get any ship upgrades, don't do any loyalty missions, purposely pick the wrong members for each job, and beat the final boss that everyone (including Shepard because no one will be there to pick him up when he jumps to the Normandy) dies. Can anyone confirm this?

Yeah, you can see that ending on Youtube.

Solo said:
I doubt it will. Im guessing the Hammerhead opens up one new planet and mission that you can land on and drive. Its not like its going to retroactively work on the other planets.

Not one but maybe a series of planets that will be specified in some type of dossier. Would likely also open new areas of the SR2.

Solo said:

I don't need it to open tons of these planets we have now, but I hope that its inclusion will at least allow for some REAL exploration in future DLC. How epic was that blizzard planet from ME1 where you couldn't even stay outside the Mako for more than like 15 seconds, and had no visibility? I want those missions again.

Darklord said:
Better handling wouldn't have fixed bland, boring missions with identical bases.

I don't CARE about the bases, I want exploration. I mean c'mon, if they are going to force us to SCAN these planets for upgrades, then just make the 50+ scans into 10 real exploration missions that would take the same amount of time (maybe even less) but offer beautiful backdrops instead of a boring scan the planets thing they have going on now.

Arjen

roxya said:
Feels exactly the same to me, except with the added annoyance of having to search for ammo?

Oh it comes close, but i played over 200 hours of Gears so i definetly notice a difference

Psy-Phi

MegaKungFuRadio said:

You're doing it wrong. Take out the Scions as soon as you see them (the husks should be dead before they get to you, on normal at least -- if you're going to complain about something being hard...while playing on hard...well that's just asinine).

Whip out your sniper rifle, incendiary ammo and fire away at the Scions. If you have the m29 incisor it's even more ridiculous. And if you're a soldier, use adrenaline rush to put them down to 1/3 before the 5 seconds of that are up.

Net_Wrecker said:
I don't need it to open tons of these planets we have now, but I hope that its inclusion will at least allow for some REAL exploration in future DLC. How epic was that blizzard planet from ME1 where you couldn't even stay outside the Mako for more than like 15 seconds, and had no visibility? I want those missions again.

I don't CARE about the bases, I want exploration. I mean c'mon, if they are going to force us to SCAN these planets for upgrades, then just make the 50+ scans into 10 real exploration missions that would take the same amount of time but offer beautiful backdrops instead of a boring scan the planets thing they have going on now.

I like your thinking. That's exactly why I loved the Mako missions. The exploration was awesome. Also, the bitching about the cookie-cutter missions could have also been fixed. It's not like they would have had to leave it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
MegaKungFuRadio said:
I'm level 10 on Insanity. I touch two Shockwaves and I'm dead.

On insanity, you have to aggro every enemy and use your allies to deal damage. Better yet if you have peeps with incendiary ammo or Mordin with you, since they are armor based.

Any verdict on Incendiary vs. Armor Pen? I've maxed Armor Pen (Tungsten) with my soldier, but I'm thinking of different bonus skill for Insanity.

Psy-Phi said:
You're doing it wrong. Take out the Scions as soon as you see them (the husks should be dead before they get to you, on normal at least -- if you're going to complain about something being hard...while playing on hard...well that's just asinine).

Whip out your sniper rifle, incendiary ammo and fire away at the Scions. If you have the m29 incisor it's even more ridiculous. And if you're a soldier, use adrenaline rush to put them down to 1/3 before the 5 seconds of that are up.

LOL Normal. Good joke, sir. I beat the game on Hardcore already and am doing my Insanity run. It was only hard because I had zero medi-gel, so I reloaded the save before that where I had two gel and got past the section before that without losing anyone. Did it the "wrong" way just fine.

Also, no complaints here, I love the game on Insanity.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
up to the last mission now.

hmm... might leave it for tomorrow

firehawk12 said:
On insanity, you have to aggro every enemy and use your allies to deal damage. Better yet if you have peeps with incendiary ammo or Mordin with you, since they are armor based.

I'm not really asking for advice. Just playfully bitching. :p

I know what I need to do.

Shinjitsu

Banned
Rez said:
there's a female Krogan in the Shaman's -- uh -- office. You can 'talk' to her, but she just tells you to piss off.

Ok, I just checked, that is NOT a female. He even says being an envoy to the females is delaying his right of passage. Please people stop saying the envoy is female!=P

Arjen

Truant said:
Are there more than one Collector weapon? I've only gotten the Beam in my first playthrough.

There's an Collector Assault rifle, but that comes with the CE, i don't know if it's available in another way.

Jonsoncao

Banned
how to efficiently fight the harbingers during the hexagon platform battle on
collector's ship
under Insanity?

I keep getting my arse kicked...

Shinjitsu

Banned
Jonsoncao said:
collector's ship
under Insanity?

Shoot them with the Widow Sniper Rifle?:D

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jonsoncao said:
collector's ship
under Insanity?

Just hide behind the initial wall and move to the left/right when he follows you... then chip away with warp/reave. My allies were essentially useless in this bit.

Ok question for serious answer:

Do you have to Paragon or Renegade choice during Tali's trail to have a romance with her? Because I choose the top right option instead to get her exiled so she could be an official member of the crew.

Revelations said:
Ok question for serious answer:

Do you have to Paragon or Renegade choice during Tali's trail to have a romance with her? Because I choose the top right option instead to get her exiled so she could be an official member of the crew.

Ha. You're a bad person.

And apparently it took me 90 minutes to do Horizon on Insane. At least the worst is behind me. Well... I can still think of a few spots I may have trouble.

Jonsoncao said:
collector's ship
under Insanity?

Bring a tech with you with max drone. The drone will his ass occupied while fill him up holes and powers.

EatChildren

Nemesis556 said:
Garrus
is so cute when you try to romance him. <3 :lol

"You know me Shepard, I like to wait until the last shot before I pop the heatsink...wait..."

orion434

I beat Mass Effact 2 this weekend, got everyone out alive... I got all the ship upgrades, did everyone's Loyality missions and kept the peace between everyone when necessary. It wasn't all that difficult, and I really enjoyed the final area. Now to play on Insanity and finish up for the 100% completion.

EatChildren

Revelations said:
Sooo guys. Is that suicide mission music when you fly through the debris available on the soundtrack? And if so whats the name?

Err, "Suicide Mission"?

Cuisino

Neo Member
if you start a 2nd playthrough with the imported me2 character do you think that could be a problem in me3 if you want to play totally different the 2nd time around (paragon/renegade)?

I would like to keep my shepard as he is, don't wanna ruin him with a renegade playthrough. hope he won't be overwritten...

Darklord

Banned
The paragon/renegade points in this game are pretty stupid. In the first game it was clear what would give them but in this it's like I say "Hello" and gain +2 paragon points. I ask a solider who is already fighting to help give me cover fire and gain +16 renegade. Wtf?

orion434

Cuisino said:
if you start a 2nd playthrough with the imported me2 character do you think that could be a problem in me3 if you want to play totally different the 2nd time around (paragon/renegade)?

I would like to keep my shepard as he is, don't wanna ruin him with a renegade playthrough. hope he won't be overwritten...

From Importing an ME1 & ME2 playthrough I would assume if they keep things the same you can choose a Save File from when you complete the game. It starts you off in another "career" with Save File 1 when you load a ME2 profile. So if I want to play ME3 with my good Shepard I'll load my lv 28 ME2 Shepard... hope that's how it works in ME3.

Solo

Darklord said:
The paragon/renegade points in this game are pretty stupid. In the first game it was clear what would give them but in this it's like I say "Hello" and gain +2 paragon points. I ask a solider who is already fighting to help give me cover fire and gain +16 renegade. Wtf?

Have Kelly come up for dinner: +5 renegade:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom