• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it i cant take any more of the insanity difficulty its just too tough for me, I'm on the part where you have to close the gates for Archangel I'm on the gate on the left there's a blood pack pyro around the corner that takes out my shield in one shot, so that stuns me he then hits me again to kill me , my controller has nearly went out the window.

On insanity does the enemy health regenerate? I swear when Jacob was using his biotic pull the enemy's health bar was filling back up.

I want to finish it on Insanity cause that's the only Achievment ive got left to unlock

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Solo said:
Have Kelly come up for dinner: +5 renegade:lol

IIRC I got a +5 paragon and +5 renegade for telling kelly she looks nice after Samara came onboard -_-

JudgeN

Its a shame they made the combat for the user more like Gears/Uncharted but they didn't improve the AI at all. They are stupid as shit, they don't flank most of the time they mostly just shuffle back and forth like a carnival shooting gallery for the easy headshot, and they seems to get "stuck" in an idol position until you move up to a certain distance. I was expecting more from bioware. Plus the whole shield/barrier, armor, health scheme is too simplistic IMO.

I'm curious for the people playing on insanity, how does the combat different from hardcore? More enemies? Or is it the standard you do less dmg and they much more damage?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mr Solo Dolo said:
On insanity does the enemy health regenerate? I swear when Jacob was using his biotic pull the enemy's health bar was filling back up.

If it were a Vorcha or Krogan they can regenerate health anyway.

Mr Solo Dolo said:
That's it i cant take any more of the insanity difficulty its just too tough for me, I'm on the part where you have to close the gates for Archangel I'm on the gate on the left there's a blood pack pyro around the corner that takes out my shield in one shot, so that stuns me he then hits me again to kill me , my controller has nearly went out the window.

I want to finish it on Insanity cause that's the only Achievment ive got left to unlock

Some enemies have regenerating health, not all. And I know exactly what part you're talking about since I got killed a few times at that very corner. You can take cover at that corner and take out the pyro without getting hit, but you have to move slowly. If you're an Infiltrator you can use Cloak and shoot his gas tank with a pistol and he'll explode.

JudgeN said:
Plus the whole shield/barrier, armor, health scheme is too simplistic IMO.

How is it too simplistic when most other games either treat health and armor and shields as exactly the same things and in this game it actually dictates what abilities and guns you should use?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I started on insanity and I'm going through a casual speed run. It certainly feels like there are fewer waves to deal with in some situations, but that might be my imagination. Fights on insanity just take a long time because of limited ammo and power cool down times.

Enosh

Darklord said:
The paragon/renegade points in this game are pretty stupid. In the first game it was clear what would give them but in this it's like I say "Hello" and gain +2 paragon points. I ask a solider who is already fighting to help give me cover fire and gain +16 renegade. Wtf?
you mean the quarian when you are recruiting Tali, the one voiced by Adam Baldwin? Well he is already injured and barely holding up so telling him to fight puts him in great risk while teling him to stay down alows him to make it out alive, he still survived in both of my playthroughs but he can maybe die, not sure about the conditions

going to play through this a third time :lol
probably soldier again beacose I love having both the AR and sniper rifle

was thinking of going infiltrator but I am not realy feeling the whole cloak thingy
sentiel is also kinda so-so

I realy like the mid range combat with the AR that the soldier clas provides and none of the two classes I am thinking about realy offer this...

orion434

Mr Solo Dolo said:

Choose the Ability Reave for Shepard ( hope you did Samara's Loyality ) and when you get Samara keep her in your party at all times. This keeps the enemies from regaining health which is a problem on Insanity. If you are a Solider, what works for me is Adrenaline Rush + Sniper Rifle + % Headshot Damage... makes Insanity a little easier.

Cuisino

Neo Member
rayner said:
From Importing an ME1 & ME2 playthrough I would assume if they keep things the same you can choose a Save File from when you complete the game. It starts you off in another "career" with Save File 1 when you load a ME2 profile. So if I want to play ME3 with my good Shepard I'll load my lv 28 ME2 Shepard... hope that's how it works in ME3.

hmm, alright, sounds good. hope that will work.

so by importing a shepard from the 2nd playthrough from ME1 you could choose from playthrough 1 or 2 ?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Shinjitsu said:
Ok, I just checked, that is NOT a female. He even says being an envoy to the females is delaying his right of passage. Please people stop saying the envoy is female!=P
mah bad

LiK

Cuisino said:

so by importing a shepard from the 2nd playthrough from ME1 you could choose from playthrough 1 or 2 ?
They give you a list of saves to choose from when you import. Very cool

epmode

MegaKungFuRadio said:
I can actually just barely tell the difference on 360. I assume it still looks better without it on PC.
I keep it on. The hazy/smokey look is really appealing to me.

In other news, I think I've taken about 1GB's worth of screenshots so far. <3 Fraps <3

rayner said:
Choose the Ability Reave for Shepard ( hope you did Samara's Loyality ) and when you get Samara keep her in your party at all times. This keeps the enemies from regaining health which is a problem on Insanity. If you are a Solider, what works for me is Adrenaline Rush + Sniper Rifle + % Headshot Damage... makes Insanity a little easier.

Incinerate stops regeneration permanently. Reave is better overall, but like Warp, only temporarily stops regen, so if you don't kill whatever you Reave, it will eventually gain its health back. It's only really a problem if you are trying to whittle down your enemies which is just a bad idea most of the time anyway. Focus your fire and you'll barely notice the regeneration. Cryo Blast is also very useful when you finally get to the health bar of a Krogan or large mech. Probably the only time Cryo Blast is useful, really.

LiK

epmode said:
I keep it on. The hazy/smokey look is really appealing to me.

In other news, I think I've taken about 1GB's worth of screenshots so far. <3 Fraps <3
Yea, the filter looks great

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
you linked me to an anime forum without warning and for that you must be punished

my browser's cache may be emptied, but the stain will forever remain

Cetra

Rez said:
you linked me to an anime forum without warning and for that you must be punished

my browser's cache may be emptied, but the stain will forever remain

Aye, I suppose that was pretty underhanded of me. What sort of punishment does this infraction require, good ser? :lol

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Say hello to the most bad arse Shepard you will ever encounter.

2rx8w1v.jpg

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
tehWillis said:
Aye, I suppose that was pretty underhanded of me. What sort of punishment does this infraction require, good ser? :lol
i'll sleep on it and get back to you in the morning. for now my ice-cold stare will be enough.

orion434

Cuisino said:

Yeah I actually had 3 options when I imported from ME1, I hope they keep it the same for next insatllment.

orion434

MegaKungFuRadio said:
Incinerate stops regeneration permanently. Reave is better overall, but like Warp, only temporarily stops regen, so if you don't kill whatever you Reave, it will eventually gain its health back. It's only really a problem if you are trying to whittle down your enemies which is just a bad idea most of the time anyway. Focus your fire and you'll barely notice the regeneration. Cryo Blast is also very useful when you finally get to the health bar of a Krogan or large mech. Probably the only time Cryo Blast is useful, really.

Playing on Insanity I'm using the Wheel way too often, and I had to disable Squad Ability usage... they just suck to do it on their own.

Cuisino

Neo Member
LiK said:
They give you a list of saves to choose from when you import. Very cool

what do you think happens now if I continue after finishing it (to do some more side missions)? will it import a file right after i beat it or will it take the newest one? any experience from ME1? (can't remember if you could even play further after the end)

Cuisino

Neo Member
rayner said:
Yeah I actually had 3 options when I imported from ME1, I hope they keep it the same for next insatllment.

but importing a shepard from the 2nd playthrough (if you don't finish it) will probably not work, right?

Solo

Oh, thats cool. So youre saying that if you beat ME1 like 5 times with the same character, you get to pick precisely which "version" of the character to use in ME2?

JoeMartin

Massive design oversight that annoys me endlessly: If you have two people in your squad with squad ammo buffs they'll sit there and constantly activate them back and forth, overwriting my own ammo buff.

Jesus whose idea was it to make those auto cast.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
you CAN turn off auto-squad actions, but yeah, there really should have been an exception or something.

Sai

Finished my first playthrough of the game earlier this morning, got all of the Achievements too.

Fantastic game. Want moar!

JoeMartin

You can turn off auto combat abilities, but you can't completely turn off auto buffing at all.

It's obnoxious watching my gun constantly swap between armor-peircing and shredder ammo when I'm fighting a bunch of Geth and want it on disruptor to begin with. Not to mention it puts their ability cooldowns on constantly.

Seems like something that should have gotten picked up by QA pretty quick is all I'm saying.

JoeMartin said:
Massive design oversight that annoys me endlessly: If you have two people in your squad with squad ammo buffs they'll sit there and constantly activate them back and forth, overwriting my own ammo buff.

Jesus whose idea was it to make those auto cast.

Yeah. This was pissing me off because I like using my fully upgraded Disruptor ammo over Jacob's Incineration ammo or whatever.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
oh, I see what you mean. I thought you meant the AI characters were switching back and forth or something.

Yuck.

Cuisino

Neo Member
I'm looking for some kind of overview of all the classes with description and abilities and everything...no videos.

honestly couldn't find anything useful, not even in the mass effect wiki.

probably starting a female shepard and want to play in another class, not soldier or vanguard...

please link if you know something.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Gooster said:
Yeah. This was pissing me off because I like using my fully upgraded Disruptor ammo over Jacob's Incineration ammo or whatever.

I played Soldier so I stayed clear of any ammo-based talents and picked up Warp Ammo as soon as I could and maxed that out my first play-through. Reckoned I didn't want AI to decide what ammo to use. Also, I felt they were a waste of talent-points for my support chars.

LiK

Cuisino said:
what do you think happens now if I continue after finishing it (to do some more side missions)? will it import a file right after i beat it or will it take the newest one? any experience from ME1? (can't remember if you could even play further after the end)
ME1 didn't allow you to keep playing after you beat it.I'm not sure how ME2 will work, but I assume the saves after you beat the final mission is noted so anything you do afterwards is acumulative. The biggest clue is that they encourage you to pursue anything you haven't completed.

Solo

Cuisino said:
I'm looking for some kind of overview of all the classes with description and abilities and everything...no videos.

When you're selecting your class you can see all this info.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
The game needed less squad-mates imo. The game really didn't have much of a core story because of trying to fit too many people in.

Gather squad, get IFF, destroy ship. That's it. There's no intrigue or betrayals or anything.

I could've done without Jack, Grunt, and the justicar. Could've done without Thane too, actually.

Miranda was okay. Garrus was boring.

I really only cared about Jacob, Tali, and Mordin.

bryehn

JoeMartin said:
Also I'm tired of having to restart missions because Shepard randomly pops 1 foot in the air and I can't walk anywhere.

Bleh.

Happened to me too a few times. Luckily restarting a mission usually fixes it.

Getting sick of the cover system, tough to move from one spot to another efficiently, Horizon battle was a bit of a pain.

MMaRsu

ashbash159 said:
Just completed I, 33 hours.
Everyone survived.
Ending wasn't brilliant, but was very good. Loved the game.
Fucked Tali.

You forgot the spoiler dickweed. Not for me cause I finished it but still.

Solo

BobsRevenge said:
I could've done without Jack, Grunt, and the justicar. Could've done without Thane too, actually.

Miranda was okay. Garrus was boring.

I really only cared about Jacob, Tali, and Mordin.

I dont have Legion, Samara or Thane yet, but of the 8 I do have, Jacob, Miranda, and Zaaed can all GTFO. Game only needs Tali, Garrus, Mordin, Jack and Grunt.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
BobsRevenge said:
Spoilers and whatnot

You may want to spoiler that or at least post it in the story thread.

Cuisino

Neo Member
Solo said:
When you're selecting your class you can see all this info.

yeah well, that's nice...but I want it know, don't wanna start the game having to decide.

shouldn't be that hard? still can't find anything lol. my internet skills must be poor.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Pankaks said:
You may want to spoiler that or at least post it in the story thread.
Thanks dude, I wasn't thinking.

Who is Zaaed? I don't remember getting this person, and I had all my spaces filled. Did I get someone else instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom