• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamer @ Heart said:
Doesnt it move around constantly? You would have to be extremely lucky.

No, it stays open for certain % or time limit. I'm sure you have time to fire the nuke, what I want to know is how much will it take off its HP.

Castor Krieg said:
No, it stays open for certain % or time limit. I'm sure you have time to fire the nuke, what I want to know is how much will it take off its HP.

Oh, I thought we were talking about
the final boss.
nvm.

Naeblish

KuwabaraTheMan said:
Having gotten to know him better, I'm really impressed with Thane's character. He has a lot of depth that I wasn't really expecting, and he's probably my second favorite new character after Mordin.
I found mordin to be a huge disappointment. In the mission to find him they were greatly building up to this insane, strong character and i was very excited to meet him, then you do and he's some
goofy fast talking alien
. Not at all what you would expect nor believable from what you hear.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
hateradio said:
I guess for the slash fan-girls ... but really none of the males seem interesting in terms of a romance, imo, for any purpose.

Personally Thane is the most ... appealing, but he seems out of touch with reality. If that flag works, I wouldn't mind attempting that :lol

I find Thane to be a less extreme version of Jack, which is why out of the three, I'd probably pick him if I had to do it over again. To be honest though, I imagine it'd be the ME1 characters that would get the most play. I'm sure EA is tracking all this, so it'd be fun to have them release random stats like whether Tali ended up being the #1 love interest in the game. :lol

Darklord

Banned
OH FUCK. The Omega 4 mission...dude.
Do not pick your favorite characters in the final mission. I lost Garrus and Grunt within a minute of each other. :''''( Garrus! Noooo! I was also late and lost Kelly and half my crew. Why couldn't I have lost Jack or Jacob?

Darklord said:
OH FUCK. The Omega 4 mission...dude.
Do not pick your favorite characters in the final mission. I lost Garrus and Grunt within a minute of each other. :''''( Garrus! Noooo! I was also late and lost Kelly and half my crew. Why couldn't I have lost Jack or Jacob?

You know, there's a spoiler thread where you don't have to hide your superior knowledge of the game behind oppressive black bars from the lesser peons. Free yourself from the shackles of spoiler warnings!

Red

mYm|17| said:
Just keep at it. You will get it.
Most of the missions, I have died LOTS of times, but you eventually figure out how to do it and it feels freakin great once you beat it.

Try what I did one time and see if that works. It did for me, but I was using my Vanguard.
Still, it might work for you too. I had Garrus and Miranda with me.
2 hours later and I'm finally done. What a grueling experience.
Naeblish said:
I found mordin to be a huge disappointment. In the mission to find him they were greatly building up to this insane, strong character and i was very excited to meet him, then you do and he's some
goofy fast talking alien
. Not at all what you would expect nor believable from what you hear.
Mordin's my favorite so far. I like most of the characters, though. The only ones I don't are Jacob and Grunt, simply because they're so plain and boring. Everyone else is very interesting.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Crunched said:
2 hours later and I'm finally done. What a grueling experience.

Mordin's my favorite so far. I like most of the characters, though. The only ones I don't are Jacob and Grunt, simply because they're so plain and boring. Everyone else is very interesting.
have you completed Grunt's loyalty mission? I liked him by the end of that.

Red

Rez said:
have you completed Grunt's loyalty mission? I liked him by the end of that.
Not yet. Will play through it tomorrow. I want to finish up any extra missions before moving onto the IFF thing. I wanted to get through all the loyalty missions tonight, but escaping the
Collector ship
and recruiting Tali took up my entire evening.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
2.jpg

Used FRAPS to capture this video (1080p even) when I fist got the game (like the rest of you) just my Shepard waking up. He has some jacked up teeth :D but it's nice to continue with the same custom character from ME1.

firehawk12 said:
I find Thane to be a less extreme version of Jack, which is why out of the three, I'd probably pick him if I had to do it over again. To be honest though, I imagine it'd be the ME1 characters that would get the most play. I'm sure EA is tracking all this, so it'd be fun to have them release random stats like whether Tali ended up being the #1 love interest in the game. :lol
I'm not sure, a lot of people said Tali was like a little sister ... doing it would just be creepy. I bet it would be Miranda, though I personally find her to be creepy. I'm sure Jack would get a few hits though ... not from me though :p

I don't do the relationships--no real option for me, oh well.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
hateradio said:
2.jpg

Used FRAPS to capture this video (1080p even) when I fist go the game (like the rest of you) just my Shepard waking up. He has some jacked up teeth :D

I'm not sure, a lot of people said Tali was like a little sister ... doing it would just be creepy. I bet it would be Miranda, though I personally find her to be creepy. I'm sure Jack would get a few hits though ... not from me though :p

I don't do the relationships--no real option for me, oh well.

It`s funny, they offered more choice and they all don`t really work. :lol

Darklord

Banned
SundaySounds said:
You know, there's a spoiler thread where you don't have to hide your superior knowledge of the game behind oppressive black bars from the lesser peons. Free yourself from the shackles of spoiler warnings!

Yeah but I haven't finished the game then and I know as soon as I go in I'd see like "OMG ILLUSIVE MAN IS A REAPER" or something.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
firehawk12 said:
It`s funny, they offered more choice and they all don`t really work.
Yeah, personally none of the cast is datable, most are psychopaths or dead boring :p The one choice they left out of course is
male-male
, but that would probably end up being the same. Again, I think Thane is the most interesting, but it wouldn't work out. :lol I'm over ME romance, even before it began.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
What's the most recommended class to use for Insanity? I did NG+ on Insanity using a Lvl 28 Soldier and I'm getting absolutely destroyed, to say the least.

I have a friend who says being a Sentinel for Insanity does wonders.

kuYuri

I've decided that being an Infiltrator will be the way to go for Insanity. I've yet to play one, but I imagine killing enemies at a distance and having invisibility to fall back on will save your ass from getting destroyed often.

Domino Theory said:
What's the most recommended class to use for Insanity? I did NG+ on Insanity using a Lvl 28 Soldier and I'm getting absolutely destroyed, to say the least.

Playing as a Soldier right now. Still before CERTAIN COURTYARD:lol I think Insanity relies a lot on getting correct party members for certain missions. I took Barier as extra power and so far it's not bad.

I really hope Bioware allows your romantic relationships to continue into ME3. Or I guess they just keep Shepard like a space James Bond, but I think saying the mushy stuff to a new character could be annoying.

diss

Banned
I'm now on Disc 2, 360 version.

It seems like the idle chatter on the ship has stopped, whether it be between Joker and EDI or the hilarious Scottish engineer and his woman friend. By 'idle chatter' I mean where you just stand by and eavesdrop while they have a conversation. Have I just run through everything they could possibly say or is it because this stuff isn't present on Disc 2? I kinda miss it. Those two pairings in particular were really funny at times.

I'm breezing through Insanity as an Infiltrator with Reave and I'm actually barely using my sniper rifle or tactical cloak. They were vital early on, but after about 8 hours, squad powers level up to the point where SMG with max Disruptor ammo was simply quicker and more ammo efficient. I'll still switch between Sniping and Pistols once it's down to the three layered characters, but I'd run out of sniper shots quick if I just used them on everyone.

This leads me that for the absolute easiest way through Insanity, roll a Sentinel with your ammo of choice (probably Armor piercing, maybe Warp) and grab Sniper Rifle training when given the choice.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
hateradio said:
Yeah, personally none of the cast is datable, most are psychopaths or dead boring :p The one choice they left out of course is
male-male
, but that would probably end up being the same. Again, I think Thane is the most interesting, but it wouldn't work out. :lol I'm over ME romance, even before it began.

Well, hey, there`s always Liara!

Thane's the best of the new characters though, certainly.

Crunched said:
Any help for the Tali recruitment mission on insanity? I'm at the part where
I'm supposed to be taking down a Geth Colossus while fending off wave after wave of geth troops. But how the hell do you kill this thing? Even with the quarian marine shooting rockets at it, I can't make a dent. It just keeps healing. I'm repeatedly being overwhelmed by the geth. It's really frustrating.

Left. Go Left. Order a party member to the right before you go though.

diss said:
I'm now on Disc 2, 360 version.

It seems like the idle chatter on the ship has stopped, whether it be between Joker and EDI or the hilarious Scottish engineer and his woman friend. By 'idle chatter' I mean where you just stand by and eavesdrop while they have a conversation. Have I just run through everything they could possibly say or is it because this stuff isn't present on Disc 2? I kinda miss it. Those two pairings in particular were really funny at times.

The main idle talk on the ship is in the center of ship near the kitchen. The crew quarters. And the engineering stations. Oh and Joker.

Revelations said:
Left. Go Left. Order a party member to the right before you go though.

I've gone right both times. I started going middle the second time, but it scared me so I went right. I'll try left one of these days...

hateradio said:
male-male

It's why Liara iss till the best choice for femshep. However it's debatable for male shep. Some will strongly argue Tali because of her innocense and adorable nature.

diss

Banned
Revelations said:
The main idle talk on the ship is in the center of ship near the kitchen. The crew quarters. And the engineering stations. Oh and Joker.
(Christ, I just had a Paragon/Renagade moment where I was trying to decide whether to call you an idiot or calmly explain myself better :p I've been playing this game too much.)

Yes, I know where they all are. But in my game they don't seem to talk anymore. I wanted to know if this is because I'm now on Disc 2. Maybe Disc 2 doesn't have the requisite audio on it? Or maybe they're all talked out? I just want answers!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Some of them are related to your progress, so you may have to do more missions to get more dialogs.

The one in the Crew Quarters bugged me because of how people were pronouncing Canton. They kept saying Can-tawn.

Arjen

Funiest part of the game for me so far.
When recruiting
Samara
The volus who was power driven by his biotics, my renegade femshep send the poor fellow right into batle, i had tears with laughter when he tried to fight the asari
:lol :lol

diss

Banned
firehawk12 said:
Some of them are related to your progress, so you may have to do more missions to get more dialogs.

The one in the Crew Quarters bugged me because of how people were pronouncing Canton. They kept saying Can-tawn.
Ah yes, that might be it. I've only been doing the loyalty missions for a while.

I avoid the two in the crew quarters. They're such downers.

TwiztidElf

This is the fastest paced story driven game I've ever played.
The amount of crazy plot that happens in the first few hours of the game is nuts.

Lunchbox

Banned
Domino Theory said:

it was easier for me to start over with a lvl 1 (lvl 3) engineer than trying to do new game + with a 28 vanguard

im pretty sure the enemies scale to your level on insanity. so it was way easier killing level 1s than level 28s

diss

Banned
TwiztidElf said:
This is the fastest paced story driven game I've ever played.
The amount of crazy plot that happens in the first few hours of the game is nuts.
As someone who didn't play a significant way through Mass Effect 1, I was completely lost, especially when people start name dropping species and their traits, and things that happened in the previous game. I ended up taking some time to go through all the primary entries in the codex just to get up to speed. Happily they read them out for you.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
diss said:
As someone who didn't play a significant way through Mass Effect 1, I was completely lost, especially when people start name dropping species and their traits, and things that happened in the previous game. I ended up taking some time to go through all the primary entries in the codex just to get up to speed. Happily they read them out for you.

Some of them are written to be part of the codex though, I hope you know, in that they're what 'everyone would read'. Some parts, specifically about the Reapers and Sovereign, are incorret to the actual events of the first game.

diss said:
(Christ, I just had a Paragon/Renagade moment where I was trying to decide whether to call you an idiot or calmly explain myself better :p I've been playing this game too much.)

Yes, I know where they all are. But in my game they don't seem to talk anymore. I wanted to know if this is because I'm now on Disc 2. Maybe Disc 2 doesn't have the requisite audio on it? Or maybe they're all talked out? I just want answers!

Well maybe its just you or your console. They talk their asses off on my 2nd disc. Sucks for yah dude.

diss

Banned
EatChildren said:
Some of them are written to be part of the codex though, I hope you know, in that they're what 'everyone would read'. Some parts, specifically about the Reapers and Sovereign, are incorret to the actual events of the first game.
Yeah I also had to read the Wikipedia story summary of Mass Effect 1 :p

Cipher

Arjen said:
Funiest part of the game for me so far.
When recruiting
Samara
The volus who was power driven by his biotics, my renegade femshep send the poor fellow right into batle, i had tears with laughter when he tried to fight the asari
:lol :lol

I really want a Volus in the squad for ME3. :(

Trickster

Arjen said:
Yeah the're great, there's one talking on
Ilium
to a biotic amp sales agent, that dude cracks me up :lol

The one that says something along the lines of "I want one that says, I own this room, I own you"? Because that guy is awesome :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom