• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeMartin

Why is it that everyone prefers fortification and barrier to the Geth shield boost? Geth shield seems superior since neither of the former 2 options completely refill your shield + added shield amount (they just give you a second shield of the same amount, effectively only providing a half shield boost), not to mention the damage bonus that comes with it.

Kraftwerk

i need help :"(
My game has crashed three times so far in the same place
Im fighting the collectors while EDI is charging the transmitter batteries.On the second wave of attack (s) my game just goes black and crashes
I updated my drivers too but still same problem.Ill try again when i get home.

Can anyone tell me where all the places to purchases things are at? Obviously the Citadel. But where else? I just want to make sure I hit all the stores up.

Patryn

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Can anyone tell me where all the places to purchases things are at? Obviously the Citadel. But where else? I just want to make sure I hit all the stores up.

It's really hard to miss (you'd have to go out of your way to miss them, in fact), but:
Ilium, Tuchanka and Omega as well.

Solo

slasher_thrasher21 said:

The Krogan homeworld, Omega, Ilium if I recall...

Kraftwerk

slasher_thrasher21 said:
omega,altho im not too far in so dunno about other places

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
slasher_thrasher21 said:

Omega, Tuchanka and Illium

Too bad there isn't a Requisitions Officer onboard.

geinou

Neo Member
Solo said:
By being a badass. She remembered that Id punched her in the first game, and when she stepped out of line again, my renegade RT button flashed and I had to smack a bitch again.

Great :lol :lol

OMG Aero

Okay this is weird, I just met
Conrad Verner
on Illium and he is saying that
I shoved a gun in his face and that I was a jerk to him, even though in the imported save file I took the paragon route with him and just told him to go back to his wife

Patryn

OMG Aero said:
Okay this is weird, I just met
Conrad Verner
on Illium and he is saying that
I shoved a gun in his face and that I was a jerk to him, even though in the imported save file I took the paragon route with him and just told him to go back to his wife

I've heard from people that he's actually bugged, and in all import games will always act as though you were a renegade to him.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Patryn said:
I've heard from people that he's actually bugged, and in all import games will always act as though you were a renegade to him.

He is. His response is always that of the renegade action in the original.

Another bugged encounter seems to be the pregnant woman and her dead husband's brother in the first game, where you can convince her to either get the gene therapy treatment of have the baby naturally.

I convinced the guy to let the mother have the baby how she wanted, but you can see them shopping for treatment anyway.

Just want to chime in here and say that ME2 is easily one of the most impressive games I've ever played. I'm 20+ hours in and simply can't get enough. I have a tough time believing that I'll play a better game this year.

neojubei said:
Omega, Tuchanka and Illium

Too bad there isn't a Requisitions Officer onboard.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I take it once you buy everything nothing new comes in stock or is that false?

Cetra

Little bit of weirdness goin' on here. It seems that Cryo Blast + Warp doesn't trigger the power combos achievement. I wonder why that is?

Question about credits.

I've done all the loyalty quests and am about to do the IFF quest which will take me to the point of no return. However, there are still a decent amount of upgrades I can buy from shops but I don't have the money. Do you get a lot of money for the IFF quest and can you still come back to buy stuff?

NG+ question. Say I beat the game and then I do other quests, when I start a NG+ will it pick up my save from the last save or from the last story mission?

tehWillis said:
Little bit of weirdness goin' on here. It seems that Cryo Blast + Warp doesn't trigger the power combos achievement. I wonder why that is?

I'm actually having issues getting this as well. Does anyone have a confirmed combo that counts towards the achievment?

Solo

slasher_thrasher21 said:
I'm actually having issues getting this as well. Does anyone have a confirmed combo that counts towards the achievment?

Ive noticed that very few combos actually seem to work. Ive only "successfully" gotten like 10 of the required 20 or 30 you need for the achievement, despite queueing up 3 biotic commands to my squad on a single target hundreds of times.

sweetwasabi said:
The messages you receive in the PC, like Miranda. The grainy one.
Tho we cant compare since there was none in ME1. There was only Avina holos

I was talking about the holograms like when you see the council.

800px-Council_Hologram-Ambassador_Meeting_2.png

Give me a sec to find a screenshot of them from the new game. I think it looks a lof worse in ME2.

Solo said:
People lacking money: are you not hacking each and every terminal/data pad/wall safe you come across?

I am and it's still not enough. maybe I need to do all 17 scanning/anamolly quests? i've only done about 6 so far.

Quick question about loyalty quests:

So, I played my first one last night - Zaeed's. Basically I was supposed to liberate a factory but when I got there I had to choose between killing Vido, the Blue Sun's boss, to get Zaeed's loyalty or saving the people in the refinery. As a paragon player I'm assuming I had no choice but to help Zaeed get his revenge by abandoning the workers if I were to gain his loyalty right? Like if I helped the workers Vido would have escaped and Zaeed wouldn't be loyal, or am I wrong? Speaking of Zaeed, it's lame there's no conversation wheel when you talk to him on the Normandy.

Give me a sec to find a screenshot of them from the new game. I think it looks a lof worse in ME2.

I think it was a stylistic, art direction choice, like they were going for a star wars kind of hologram message image that's kind of distorted and such. I actually like it compared to the first one.

Darklord

Banned
GillianSeed79 said:

So, I played my first one last night - Zaeed's. Basically I was supposed to liberate a factory but when I got there I had to choose between killing Vido, the Blue Sun's boss, to get Zaeed's loyalty or saving the people in the refinery. As a paragon player I'm assuming I had no choice but to help Zaeed get his revenge by abandoning the workers if I were to gain his loyalty right? Like if I helped the workers Vido would have escaped and Zaeed wouldn't be loyal, or am I wrong? Speaking of Zaeed, it's lame there's no conversation wheel when you talk to him on the Normandy.

You can save the workers. He'll get pissed off but if your paragon is high enough you can make him loyal still

Ponti

GillianSeed79 said:

It doesn't matter which way the loyalty missions play out, as long as you finish it they will become loyal.

Cetra

Solo said:
Ive noticed that very few combos actually seem to work. Ive only "successfully" gotten like 10 of the required 20 or 30 you need for the achievement, despite queueing up 3 biotic commands to my squad on a single target hundreds of times.

Gah, that's lame. Guess I'll just keep spamming combos and crossing my fingers. :lol

ianp622

GillianSeed79 said:

No, if your Paragon is high enough you can be the good guy and still get him on your side.

Mad_Ban

Are all of the weapon upgrades available at the stores? I'm trying to max out my assault rifle and I only have AR Damage 5/5 left to obtain. Do they appear throughout the galaxy or are some only available through story missions? If it's the latter then :(.

ianp622 said:
No, if your Paragon is high enough you can be the good guy and still get him on your side.

Crap. Looks like I will have to reload an old save. I know it's stupid, but my paragon Shep wouldn't be such a jerk. Also, how do loyalty missions unlock? Do you have to complete one before the next opens up or is at certain points in the game?

Spasm

Ponti said:
It doesn't matter which way the loyalty missions play out, as long as you finish it they will become loyal.
Erm... Not so for
Thane's
quest. I had to reload from a previous save, and do it over.

tehWillis said:
Gah, that's lame. Guess I'll just keep spamming combos and crossing my fingers. :lol

I used Thane and Jacob for this combo. It worked so well that each time I'd spam one of their moves after another and it'd go up one tick. Got it fast. I can look later to see what skills I had picked.

barnone

I upgraded to the inferno grenade as a vanguard. It's diificult to aim though and I keep throwing it either too far or not close enough; any advice?

Dandy

barnone said:
I upgraded to the inferno grenade as a vanguard. It's diificult to aim though and I keep throwing it either too far or not close enough; any advice?
It sucks try something else, Barrier works well with Vanguard.

Solo

barnone said:

You dont need to "aim" though. Hold down the right bumper and select your target. The grenade itself sucks though.

Zertez

Is Grunt bugged? He is loyal, I finished his quest and I am on good terms with him, but fortification is still locked. I went back to an old save and it never unlocked like every other character. Sorry if this has been asked before, frustrating I can not use the skill.

tehWillis said:
I used Throw (Thane) and Slam (Miranda's loyalty power), with squad members. Easy as pie, done in one mission.

I tried to use Warp with another Biotic power, but it didn't work. Every time you combine powers, it should bring up the achievement counter. It only worked when I finally started using Throw and Slam. I assume it would work with Throw and Pull too, just not with Warp.

Spasm

My initial reaction to ME2 was that it's much more refined than the original. But now I know that was based primarily on the frame rate and tearing being fixed. I've encountered way more bugs in 2 than 1.

One of the side missions, bring packages to Ish, will NOT complete in my list, even though I've completely resolved it.
I couldn't leave Jack's loyalty mission once I finished it. Pressing B, it does nothing! Had to quit and reload.
Anderson was facing the wrong way in a conversation. You could tell he wasn't supposed to be, as his head was doing its damnedest to turn around and look at me. One of the funnier bugs.
Lighting changing drastically in the middle of a static scene in many a conversation.
No one will sleep with me.
Audio drop-outs for up to 30 seconds.
Using a power while having the sniper rifle equipped usually goes into zoom mode. Doesn't always happen, but mostly. Really annoying for stuff like A.I. hacking.

fernoca

I'm gettng this in a few days (finishing the first one)..what's available through the Cerberus Network right now? Are there any plans for the preorder extra thing being released through it..some day?

Tomasooie

Thanks to AzureRequiem on GameFAQs for this:

AzureRequiem said:
Been salivating over the Dr. Pepper codes but don't have the cash to buy your own bottles? Do you hate the drink and do not want to buy it just for free DLC? Do you live in the United Kingdom and aren't even eligible for this DLC? Well, I'm here to solve all your problems! Below are four Dr. Pepper codes and instructions on how to use them!

All four codes are re-usable, which means that everyone on these forums can get in on this free DLC!

The codes are:

CBEEAAA41NWH

CBEEAAAE4L9N

CBEEAAAFQG9J

CBEEAAAE98ZV

You only need one to get all the DLC, however. Now…

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Visit the Dr. Pepper website and sign three accounts up. You can put a fake email for all three, as the website doesn't verify the accounts. You will also input a fake city, state, and phone number as well. IMPORTANT! If you live outside the US, you can still get this DLC! Just put random numbers for the zip, a random city and state, and boom! No sweat! Put fake info in all three accounts.

2) Input the code.

3) It will say to click to pick your prize. Make sure that you have an EA and BioWare account, and that the two are linked together. I'm not going to go into detail on how to do this, however. Just Google it.

4) When you click on the Select Prize button, pick Mass Effect 2, and then whichever DLC you want. Be sure to pick a different one for all three accounts.

5) It will say that it has been redeemed, then link you to BioWare's website for final verification. Sign in there, and you'll see your new item sitting there waiting for you!

I hope you guys enjoyed this guide, and I hope you get good use out of the DLC. Thanks for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom