• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Any idea if there is a hack yet to change how your Sheppard looks, I made one but she is really ugly >_>

edit: PC version too

rhino4evr

EatChildren said:
Dont play on Normal. Just dont. Play on Veteran or Hardcore. Normal is far too easy.

Maybe I will try Veteran then, and turn it down if it gets too hard. That won't effect any achievements will it?

LiK

rhino4evr said:
Maybe I will try Veteran then, and turn it down if it gets too hard. That won't effect any achievements will it?
Only Insanity can't be changed for the achievement

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
rhino4evr said:

Not as far as I'm aware. Veteran isnt very difficult, but it does stop the stupid easy cruise difficulty of Normal.

Draft

Man, what a gyp. All that work romancing
Garrus the space monster
and what's my reward? An eskimo kiss and then fade to black? I was expecting some serious future blouse action. Though his little dance was pretty funny.

LiK

Draft said:
Man, what a gyp. All that work romancing
Garrus the space monster
and what's my reward? An eskimo kiss and then fade to black? I was expecting some serious future blouse action. Though his little dance was pretty funny.
Yea, no nekkid ass shots this time

rhino4evr

EatChildren said:
Not as far as I'm aware. Veteran isnt very difficult, but it does stop the stupid easy cruise difficulty of Normal.

Yeah, Im not a gamer that likes a huge amount of difficulty though. However with the ability to heal in cover..seems much easier then the first game. I will try Veteran.

Can someone help me with the first two questions I aksed?

LiK

Dark Stalkers said:
I wonder if we'll be able to export our saves to ME3 if we chose to continue the game.
Judging from interviews with the project director, the answer is yes. What you do in ME2 will most likely affect ME3

Draft

rhino4evr said:
1. I keep seeing upgrades to purchase in shops, and up until now I couldnt even acess them. Now that I can, what are the most important upgrades for an Adept? SO far all the upgrades have been for armor, soldier weapons, squad members, etc. Nothing for my class. I am hoping that will change. A faster cool down is nice. And let me get this straight. I have to find/purcahse the upgrade, then find materials to actually equip them? I noticed a rocket launcher is available..but not available..it says I need to find another upgrade...
I found it a little confusing as well. Here's how it works:

There are two ways you can get upgrades. One is buying them. Any upgrade you buy in a store from the Citidal, Ilium, Omega or the Krogan world is unlocked for use immediately. Otherwise, you can find items in the game world, usually in combat areas, that can be scanned. These scans unlock research options on your ship. You can research these upgrades using the materials you get from scanning. There is an extra wrinkle to research, however. A sort of tech tree exists, where certain researchable upgrades are locked, even if you have them in the list, until other upgrades are complete. Like for example it won't let you research extra shotgun ammo until you have already upgraded the damage a couple times (either by buying the upgrade somewhere or through research.)

rhino4evr

Draft said:
I found it a little confusing as well. Here's how it works:

There are two ways you can get upgrades. One is buying them. Any upgrade you buy in a store from the Citidal, Ilium, Omega or the Krogan world is unlocked for use immediately. Otherwise, you can find items in the game world, usually in combat areas, that can be scanned. These scans unlock research options on your ship. You can research these upgrades using the materials you get from scanning. There is an extra wrinkle to research, however. A sort of tech tree exists, where certain researchable upgrades are locked, even if you have them in the list, until other upgrades are complete. Like for example it won't let you research extra shotgun ammo until you have already upgraded the damage a couple times (either by buying the upgrade somewhere or through research.)

Ok..didnt know that upgrades that you buy are automatic.

This answers another question I had. I saw a upgrade for 10% more health..and if I purchase it, then the next upgrade with be for an additional 10%..meaning I have to purchase the first upgrade to get the second one correct? I was worried that if I purchased a 10% upgrade, that I would eventually find a 20% upgrade later...in other words your upgrades combine correct? It's not like you choose between them?

Are there any upgrades specifically for the Adept class? or are they all just weapon and armor upgrades? So far that's all ive found, and to be honest, I havent needed them yet. Would love the ability to lower cool down times though.

Dyno

Tali's loyalty quest was cool. That was a lot of crazy fighting. One AV log in particular was bone chilling. They really nailed the atmosphere.

LiK

Dyno said:
Tali's loyalty quest was cool. That was a lot of crazy fighting. One AV log in particular was bone chilling. They really nailed the atmosphere.
"i love you honey!" static
*shudder*

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Dyno said:

I think mine has a glitch, it's the one I'm doing right now.
I got to the fleet and went to the other ship, but I never had a court scene. I saw people like Zeetor highlighted to talk to but there was nobody there.

RTS83

Am I the only one playing on insanity for my first play through? 28 hours and I'm level 14 lol...

I feel like I'm pretty damn far, I'm on the collector's ship right now...about how far am I from the end?

Really its....not that hard. Male Soldier Shep. There are times when I die for sure, but usually slowing down and blending my powers (really have to think about your party, and if a Krogan appears you drop whatever you're doing and focus all attacks on him...love that btw) makes me victorious.

Couldn't beat the
Thresher Maw on Tuchanka
but whatever...I planned on doing a renegade run as well.

Talis whole backstory is really the reason why I chose her as a LI. No other character in the game other than Shepard has such a rich backstory, and potential for future awesome.

And dem hips
chicken feet? fuuu

Dark Stalkers said:
I wonder if we'll be able to export our saves to ME3 if we chose to continue the game.

I thinking about this too. Is there a option to finish the game after you have finished the n7 missions etc, if you decided to continue playing after the ending. How will it work if you want to import that character to ME3.

LiK

Lifejumper said:
I thinking about this too. Is there a option to finish the game after you have finished the n7 missions etc, if you decided to continue playing after the ending. How will it work if you want to import that character to ME3.
I think it'll prolly import your ME2 save after beating the game with anything you've done after it. Maybe all the stuff you do after the final mission accumulates. Just my theory

Naeblish said:
Also, does anyone have some tips where to get a lot of element zero. Found a planet with 'eezo' that had a lot, but besides that it's very rare to find.

Try planets that are like earth, green with atmosphere or used to have atmosphere.

Draft

rhino4evr said:

This answers another question I had. I saw a upgrade for 10% more health..and if I purchase it, then the next upgrade with be for an additional 10%..meaning I have to purchase the first upgrade to get the second one correct? I was worried that if I purchased a 10% upgrade, that I would eventually find a 20% upgrade later...in other words your upgrades combine correct? It's not like you choose between them?

Are there any upgrades specifically for the Adept class? or are they all just weapon and armor upgrades? So far that's all ive found, and to be honest, I havent needed them yet. Would love the ability to lower cool down times though.
That I'm not 100% on, but I think you are basically correct. Like, there's 5 total health upgrades spread between research and the stores. It doesn't matter what order you get them, each one will always add 10% to your total health up to a 50% boost. But, I guess they are sort of dynamic? Like, if you have no health upgrades, and you find one in a store, it will be for 10%. If you don't buy it, go find a researchable health upgrade, research it and go back to the store, it will now be the 20% upgrade. Something like that.

There are upgrades to reduce biotic cooldowns and increase biotic damage.

Patryn

rhino4evr said:

There are upgrades for both biotic powers and tech powers.

Don't worry about trying to find upgrades in the "correct" order. The game just recognizes what the upgrade is for, and scales the level of it based on what you've already upgraded, because of the non-linear nature of the game.

So where one person finds Shotgun Damage 1/5, another person might find Shotgun Damage 3/5.

Upgrades also don't stack, they just replace the previous upgrade (well, they do stack, but they only add 10%, so the amount that the description says it upgrades takes into consideration previous upgrades you've bought/researched).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dark FaZe said:
Talis whole backstory is really the reason why I chose her as a LI. No other character in the game other than Shepard has such a rich backstory, and potential for future awesome.

And dem hips
chicken feet? fuuu

Liz Sroka delivers a fantastic performance for Tali too, especially during her loyalty quest and the love scene, the latter of which is way too cute for its own good.

rhino4evr

Patryn said:
There are upgrades for both biotic powers and tech powers.

Don't worry about trying to find upgrades in the "correct" order. The game just recognizes what the upgrade is for, and scales the level of it based on what you've already upgraded, because of the non-linear nature of the game.

So where one person finds Shotgun Damage 1/5, another person might find Shotgun Damage 3/5.

Upgrades also don't stack, they just replace the previous upgrade (well, they do stack, but they only add 10%, so the amount that the description says its upgrades takes into consideration previous upgrades you've bought/researched).

Ok..so is there any point in buying an upgrade for a weapon I cant use? I guess it would just make my squad stronger correct?

and once again..what is the most important Adept skill to power up first. Warp seems pretty powerful...havent even used my pull power yet..not sure what the point is.

LiK

EatChildren said:
Liz Sroka delivers a fantastic performance for Tali too, especially during her loyalty quest and the love scene, the latter of which is way too cute for its own good.
Tali's romance scene is like straight outta those cute anime love scenes. Amirite Bioware? ;)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Silicon Knight said:
Alright everyone, spoil me; what are the LI's for a female Shepard?

I've been chasing
Jacob
, but I'd like to know the other options.

Jacob, Thane, Garrus, Kelly(kinda)

IoCaster

Naeblish said:
Also, does anyone have some tips where to get a lot of element zero. Found a planet with 'eezo' that had a lot, but besides that it's very rare to find.

I'm pretty sure I found some 'eezo' on these planets but I wrote them down from memory and I haven't gone back to check.

Crescent Nebula>Lusarn>Tarith
Eagle Nebula>Amun>Anhur
Hourglass Nebula>Faryar>Daratar

There's a couple more but I can't remember where. It's pretty rare and a pain to find when you really need it. Platinum can be a bitch to find also.

Red

RTS83 said:
Am I the only one playing on insanity for my first play through? 28 hours and I'm level 14 lol...

I feel like I'm pretty damn far, I'm on the collector's ship right now...about how far am I from the end?

Really its....not that hard. Male Soldier Shep. There are times when I die for sure, but usually slowing down and blending my powers (really have to think about your party, and if a Krogan appears you drop whatever you're doing and focus all attacks on him...love that btw) makes me victorious.

Couldn't beat the
Thresher Maw on Tuchanka
but whatever...I planned on doing a renegade run as well.
I thought insanity was far more difficult this time around. But then, I also seem to be playing twice as fast as you are (28 hours and am at level 26). I'm an adept. It's a lot more tactical than Mass Effect 1. Honestly, one of my biggest problems is that you can't command your squad to play defensively. They love peeking out of cover to eat warps and rockets.

The game does get increasingly easier as you progress. Not sure how that difficulty changes as a soldier, but I know being a level 26 adept grants you a lot more freedom in how to approach a situation than a lower level one. Not dying in two hits is another nice bonus.

Cetra

Working on my second play through right now as a Vanguard. I'm on the
Collector Ship, right after you pick your new weapon or weapon specialization
. I sailed through this part on my Soldier but on my Vanguard it's like I've hit brick wall. Is Vanguard just that crappy or am I doin' it wrong?

I love the mechanic of the class, Charge is retarded amounts of fun, but if this is a portent of things to come I may just start over with a different class.

Zeliard

EatChildren said:
The more of a Renegade you are the more scarred and cyborg-esque your face becomes. This allows you to remove all those scars if you dont like the look. They disappear naturally if you play Paragon. Its not an essential upgrade.

I feel like I'm the only one who actually likes the way the scars look on his character. :p

epmode

tehWillis said:
Working on my second play through right now as a Vanguard. I'm on the
Collector Ship, right after you pick your new weapon or weapon specialization
. I sailed through this part on my Soldier but on my Vanguard it's like I've hit brick wall. Is Vanguard just that crappy or am I doin' it wrong?

I love the mechanic of the class, Charge is retarded amounts of fun, but if this is a portent of things to come I may just start over with a different class.
People bitch about vanguards but I like mine just fine. I play it like a hit-and-run class, usually going after people on the edge of the battlefield.

The charge has a six second cooldown and you get ~100% of your shields every time. Abuse it!

I also picked up the assault rifle proficiency for some mid-range attack power. Screw the unique shotgun. The single round in the chamber ruins it. I much prefer the regular upgrade you find in Samara's mission.

Arjen

Zeliard said:
I feel like I'm the only one who actually likes the way the scars look on his character. :p

I liked them at first, but i'm at 70% renegade now, and it's starting to annoy me now.
Looks like her head is about to explode.
Guess i have to go mining to buy that med-bay upgrade *sigh*

bryehn

I have a lame side mission on my list that`s bugging the crap out of me. Little help?
A Krogan on the Citadel wants some sushi. The sushi chef never says anything but canned lines :/

Any fish I buy usually just end up dead cause I forget. I think there's one to buy on Illium right now, is that what I need to do?

bryehn said:
I have a lame side mission on my list that`s bugging the crap out of me. Little help?
A Krogan on the Citadel wants some sushi. The sushi chef never says anything but canned lines :/

Any fish I buy usually just end up dead cause I forget. I think there's one to buy on Illium right now, is that what I need to do?
You don't buy sushi, you talk to the ground-keeper on the Citadel...

Papercuts said:
I think mine has a glitch, it's the one I'm doing right now.
I got to the fleet and went to the other ship, but I never had a court scene. I saw people like Zeetor highlighted to talk to but there was nobody there.

I think this happens if you click on the admiral lady
BEHROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZ!
instead of just walking up to her at the start of the sequence. It happened when I first went there too, I was confused.

rhino4evr

bryehn said:

is that the same one where they are talking about a lake being full of fish?
I think you need to talk to a merchant in the Citadel, it was the first "side" quest that I did in the game. Didn't have to buy any fish.

Arjen

bryehn said:

You have to talk to some merchant about fish, don't remember where though

Man this game really is quite different from the first game...so much has been improved, but at the same time they took out a good amount of aspects that I enjoyed from the first game. The shooting has definitely improved, but the controls still feel rigid and clunky compared to other 3rd person shooters out there. I'm only 4 hours in, but the characters are incredibly more interesting than ME1, and I'm interested to see where this game takes me.

rhino4evr

Scythesurge said:
Man this game really is quite different from the first game...so much has been improved, but at the same time they took out a good amount of aspects that I enjoyed from the first game. The shooting has definitely improved, but the controls still feel rigid and clunky compared to other 3rd person shooters out there. I'm only 4 hours in, but the characters are incredibly more interesting than ME1, and I'm interested to see where this game takes me.

yeah..Im in the same boat..love the improved combat..not sure if Im diggin the RPG-lite stat building and loot finding just yet...

The Shift

Banned
I'm up to the Omega 4 jump and have done next to no planet scanning. I think I'm in for a world of pain...it's kinda pissing me off. Are there stacking ship upgrades that make this task quicker?

Doytch

Psychotext said:
You don't buy sushi, you talk to the ground-keeper on the Citadel...
You can do both.
Talk to the groundskeeper and find out there's no fish there, then go buy some fish from the souvenir shop. When you talk to the Krogan, you can tell him the truth or tell him you have some and sell him the gift shop fish.

stupei

bryehn said:

There's a shop right next to where that Krogan is at the Citadel that sells fish. You do have to speak to someone first
about the rumor that there are fish in the pond up there, and I can't remember where he is, but then if you have one of the fish on you when you go to talk to the Krogan you can lie and sell it to him so you get credits AND xp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom