• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayDubya

Banned
^^^

I'm reasonably certain I definitively told the Illusive Man off, but then, I'd been feeding all his information to Alliance High Command and calling him a terrorist asshole to his face the whole game... so. :lol

Pimpbaa

EmCeeGramr said:
Why for Paragon? Getting Legion gives you the opportunity to
murder literally millions of sapient beings.

And yes, there is a Legion love-in, because Legion are awesome.

Only thing wrong with him is that you get him near the end of the game :/

Ephemeris

Solo said:
Good christ, Ive been quoted like 10 times now :lol Is there a Legion love-in going on that I missed?

Also, I didnt know that option meant he was going to disappear :lol
He was awesome and a good source of info.

Solo

Again, how was I to know? :lol "Let Cerberus have him" Well, Im with Cerberus, so it stands to reason that choosing them meant he'd stick around. Newp.

EDIT: did you beat it yet, Zeliard?

Ephemeris

You find out alot about the
Geth factions, Sovereign's real name, why Shepard was important to find...
. Good thing you could still talk to him after the game.

Solo said:
Again, how was I to know? :lol "Let Cerberus have him" Well, Im with Cerberus, so it stands to reason that choosing them meant he'd stick around. Newp.
he got what he thought he wanted, but lost that which was most important

Alucrid

Banned
Solo said:
Its the last choice in the whole game, mang

I don't think it's what I'm thinking of but I forget if these something after it. I guess the only way to figure it out is replay the game again...no skin off my back though. :D

Solo

I plan to replay the game twice, so Ill get Legion next time.

First, Im gonna do a paragon playthrough with a fresh Shepard as an infiltrator (because I hated my vanguard so in ME2), and romance Tali (I was doing that this game, but then I ended up giving Miranda the bone in the end).

Then Im going to do a second ME2 playthrough with my ME1 Shep renegade vanguard, but this time Im gonna be celebate to get Ash back in ME3.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
It would be cool to have someone like Garak from Deep Space Nine on board the Normandy or maybe a "contact" living on Illium or Omega.

I think the characters of the game shouldn't just be confined to the Normandy but characters that can be used as back up or for information on a different world or space station.

Just checking in here. How far am I? I just reached
Collectors just attacked Normandy after the IFF deal. Now I'm supposed to go through the Omega 4 Relay and show the Collector who's boss.
I'm guessing I'm pretty far.

Anyway, man this game is fucking fantastic. I've been sucked in for so long. My MW2 buddies are wondering where I've disappeared to. ME2 is just too addictively good.

Solo said:
You're at the point of no return once you go through the relay, and like 1 hour left in the game.
Thanks for the heads up. Going to go mine the shit out of every planet. It's gonna be a long one.

edit. Quick question, what's the level cap? I'm only at like ~25 I think. Wondering if I should max it before I hit end game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
despite what I said earlier, I just replayed the last mission to ensure that
Thane survives.

I want a chance to cure him in ME3, however unlikely that may be.

Someone reccomend me an awesome ME2 gamertag. I was thinking "BlastoTheHanar" what say GAF?

If one of you claims that tag. Heads will roll.

Arde5643

Inferno313 said:
Someone reccomend me an awesome ME2 gamertag. I was thinking "BlastoTheHanar" what say GAF?

If one of you claims that tag. Heads will roll.
Enk1ndleTHis or a variation of that.

Zeliard

Solo said:

EDIT: did you beat it yet, Zeliard?

Very close to. I'm at the mission titled
"Suicide Mission"
, which I'd imagine is the final one. Was just wrapping up a few things before that. It is unfortunate that you get Legion so late, though.

Only person I don't have full allegiance with is Tali, since I
gave up her dad at the trial, purely for amusement. She is piiiiiiissed.

Coxswain

You know, I think I'd probably just get frustrated if I hadn't already played the game a couple of times on Insanity to know how everything works, but man, Vanguard on Insanity is fun as shit once you know what you're doing. You need to be super careful and good at looking for/creating the right opportunities, but every time you manage to charge in and wreck everybody's shit in just a couple seconds is a huge rush.

I went with AP rounds as a bonus skill, operating under the assumption that dealing with Armour was the Vanguard's biggest deficiency (and it's kind of lame to do it with a Power, like Reave). Seems to be working so far, although I'm only a few missions in.

ianp622

FromTheFuture said:
Thanks for the heads up. Going to go mine the shit out of every planet. It's gonna be a long one.

edit. Quick question, what's the level cap? I'm only at like ~25 I think. Wondering if I should max it before I hit end game.

Um, if you already got the IFF, and your crew got taken, then you shouldn't wait around. Otherwise, do Legion's loyalty mission ASAP.

Thermite

Zeliard said:
Very close to. I'm at the mission titled
"Suicide Mission"
, which I'd imagine is the final one. Was just wrapping up a few things before that. It is unfortunate that you get Legion so late, though.

Only person I don't have full allegiance with is Tali, since I
gave up her dad at the trial, purely for amusement. She is piiiiiiissed.

Yeah. I really hope we get to see a lot more Legion in Mass Effect 3 since we got him so late in the game. Dude was badass.

ianp622 said:
Um, if you already got the IFF, and your crew got taken, then you shouldn't wait around. Otherwise, do Legion's loyalty mission ASAP.
I did Legion's loyalty mission before the whole fiasco. Why does it matter? Shouldn't I stock up on resources and max level for for ME3? The guy above told me it's the point of no return. Not like there's a time limit or something, right?

Coxswain

FromTheFuture said:
I did Legion's loyalty mission before the whole fiasco. Why does it matter? Shouldn't I stock up on resources and max level for for ME3? The guy above told me it's the point of no return. Not like there's a time limit or something, right?
Not a hard limit, but
if you don't go immediately (I don't even think you're allowed to touch down on a planet to go shopping), you won't arrive in time to save all of your crew.

If you've got unfinished stuff, remember that you can still play after you beat the game, so you can do anything that's unfinished then.

Dead

well not really...yet
Just about to start playing.

Im surprised I have the Blood Dragon Armor even though I bought Dragon Age on PS3 :)

Edit: there shouldnt be any problem with downloading all the DLC content I have before actually starting the game right? Just being a bit careful since I read a few dlc horror stories in the past few weeks

Coxswain said:
Not a hard limit, but
if you don't go immediately (I don't even think you're allowed to touch down on a planet to go shopping), you won't arrive in time to save all of your crew.

If you've got unfinished stuff, remember that you can still play after you beat the game, so you can do anything that's unfinished then.
Alright, well if I don't finish the game, do you think I'll be able to load a half-saved game onto ME3? Cause I don't plan on playing the whole thing again any time soon...

Coxswain said:
Not a hard limit, but

You ARE allowed to
touch down on a hub world and go shopping, but start playing N7 or loyalty/recruitment missions and crew will start to die.

Coxswain

FromTheFuture said:
Alright, well if I don't finish the game, do you think I'll be able to load a half-saved game onto ME3? Cause I don't plan on playing the whole thing again any time soon...
I'm pretty sure that you can do an ME2 New Game+ using any save that takes place after you beat the final boss, so I'd assume that ME3 would let you import any of those.

So I'm guessing that you could go do what the story wants you to do, beat the final boss, then go back and complete any unfinished loyalty missions, and still import all of that into ME3.

ianp622

FromTheFuture said:

You know you can just keep playing after you beat the final boss right?

Won

Finished my Insanity playthrough. Can't remember the last time I played through a game twice in a row.

Random things:
-Importing a Level 60 character makes mining a non issue. Got pretty much all upgrades by only mining rich planets I passed by. Probably didn't spent more than 15 minutes doing that stupid mini game.

-Difficulty seems uneven. Most of the bosses are the easiest encounters in the game, which is odd, especially for the last boss. That's just wrong.

-Engineer is an awesome class for Insanity.

-Squad AI can be buggy as hell. Next time more testing please!

-Biotics are a bit too useless. They are basically the most fun abilities in the game, but....well useless most of the time. :(

-Female Shepard can pull up Grunt onto a ledge with only one arm. Impressive.

I think that's all. Was pretty fun overall. Could start a third run right away. :lol

Cep

Banned
JayDubya said:
^^^

I'm reasonably certain I definitively told the Illusive Man off, but then, I'd been feeding all his information to Alliance High Command and calling him a terrorist asshole to his face the whole game... so. :lol

How do i get in on this action?

So, how exactly can I do Legion's loyalty mission and
save the entire crew?

On my last play, I went directly to his mission as soon as I got him, then finished the game and still lost half.

wat

NG+ question:

Lets say I choose to continue playing after beating the game. I then go around doing upgrades.

If I start a NG+ will those upgrades I did AFTER beating the game carry over to NG+ or is it simply where I left off beating the game.

Cep

Banned
cuevas said:
What class are you guys playing insanity on? I was thinking of switching from vanguard to sentinel for my insanity playthrough.

Unless you are actively looking to challenge yourself (and your patience) I suggest Infiltrator/Sentinel/Soldier.

EmCeeGramr said:
You ARE allowed to
touch down on a hub world and go shopping, but start playing N7 or loyalty/recruitment missions and crew will start to die.
Ok then. I already did Legion's loyalty mission before being attacked. I just wanted to mine some planets and stuff for upgrades. Is that ok?

Zzoram

FromTheFuture said:

Don't do that, there is no point. Sure you should visit them all, and EDI will immediately tell you if there is an anomoly for a side quest, but if there is no anomoly, just leave. Mining every planet in the game to completion nets you about 4.5 times the amount of resources that you actually need to max out all your upgrades.

Zzoram

How do I trigger
Legion's
loyalty mission? When I got him I still had Tali's mission left, and I'm still on it. Will I have enough time to do that last loyalty mission?

Ponn

Banned
I tried for Insanity again. This time without playing my imported ME 2 NG+ Adept. I just started my ME1 Renegade import character and going to try to make this my Renegade ME2 play through as a soldier. My NG+ Insanity attempt was just impossible when I tried it where as this time it seems possible (all though frustrating, just spend 4 hours of dying just to do Mordin's recruit mission:lol). Probably has to do with starting at almost maxed out level causing the enemies to be leveled up as well but not having any of the upgrades carry over to even the playing field for me.

Red

cuevas said:
What class are you guys playing insanity on? I was thinking of switching from vanguard to sentinel for my insanity playthrough.
I played as an adept. It was ridiculously hard at certain sections, but really satisfying overall.

Zzoram

After my Renegade Soldier playthough, I'm going for a Paragon Sentinal FemShep. Biotics are awesome but only useful when an enemy's shields/armor are down. The Tech powers are pretty good at taking those down.

Kenaras

FunkyMunkey said:
So, how exactly can I do Legion's loyalty mission and
save the entire crew?

On my last play, I went directly to his mission as soon as I got him, then finished the game and still lost half.

wat

I had the exact same problem. Sounds like most people were able to get it done without problems, but I don't know how.

Mindlog

Cep said:
How do i get in on this action?

The only one I can recall is (side mission spoilers) N7 - Lost Operative.

Crunched said:
I played as an adept. It was ridiculously hard at certain sections, but really satisfying overall.

Yep.

For me it was when a high level enemy spawns on top of me and the game closed the door behind me. If the first enemy isn't killed in a first strike it was time to reload. Falling behind killing charging enemies was not an option.

Partially again why I liked flamethrower. Warp/Overload charging minions, reave the people in front, AOE kill everybody.

Kenaras said:
I had the exact same problem. Sounds like most people were able to get it done without problems, but I don't know how.

After he joined my crew I immediately talked to him and he gave me the mission. The event compelling me to start another mission hadn't been triggered yet.

Dark FaZe said:
Any footage of this Ash option? I'd hate to waste my time holding out for her when Tali has such a rich character in this one.

end game ME1 in ME2 romance spoiler
Nothing happens in ME2. It's implied that rewards will be reaped.
I have 2 Shep's and they're both with ME1 characters. I'm going to borrow another Sheppard that saved Kaidan and did a few other things differently.

*bug
Deleting saves from the front end is f'd up. When you delete a save from one character it can switch you back to another character. It's easy to miss and you can end up deleting saves you wanted to keep.

Cep

Banned
MCD said:
finally beat it in about 50 hours.

mass effect is truly the only good western rpg.

I do not know what you are on, but you need to share it with the rest of us, 'cuz that is some POTENT shit.

Raider82

Neo Member
Not sure if this has been answered or not but here is my question. Just finished the game on normal with a high paragon character. I want to keep this character for ME3, but I also want to play through the game again on the Insanity difficulty using my current character from ME2 but go renegade. Do you think this will effect the import process for ME3? Or will it import the save file from when I first beat the game? I heard that it deletes all the save files from the game once you do a new game with your imported character. Thoughts? Sorry if I confused anyone.

Solo said:
Then Im going to do a second ME2 playthrough with my ME1 Shep renegade vanguard, but this time Im gonna be celebate to get Ash back in ME3.

Any footage of this Ash option? I'd hate to waste my time holding out for her when Tali has such a rich character in this one.

dralla

Raider82 said:
Not sure if this has been answered or not but here is my question. Just finished the game on normal with a high paragon character. I want to keep this character for ME3, but I also want to play through the game again on the Insanity difficulty using my current character from ME2 but go renegade. Do you think this will effect the import process for ME3? Or will it import the save file from when I first beat the game? I heard that it deletes all the save files from the game once you do a new game with your imported character. Thoughts? Sorry if I confused anyone.
I imported my ME2 character and my first play through save is still there. press Y to change between each character on the load screen

methodman

Banned
Raider82 said:
IRRC, it transfers all your characters over, and you can choose which file you want to use in the ME3

Dresden

More people should try Engineer on Insanity. Probably the easiest run I had. Drones are amazing crowd control, especially against the toughest enemies--Scions, Harbingers, YMIR mechs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom