• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahamrick

Question for the folks who played through the complete game.

How many armor pieces did you find / were able to buy through out your game?

I just got a couple texts from my buddy complaining about lack of armor pieces to customize your armor with.

Said he only came across two new pieces per part (Head, Chest, ect). Thats not counting the default N7 armor pieces

Van Owen

Banned
Question about the Interrupt System: does it always lead to renegade results?

I sort of want to interrupt people from time to time but not if I'm pushing them out of windows like the early e3 videos...

Van Owen said:
Question about the Interrupt System: does it always lead to renegade results?

I sort of want to interrupt people from time to time but not if I'm pushing them out of windows like the early e3 videos...

There's paragon interrupts too.

TheSailerman

Neo Member
All right, I ran through Mass Effect Galaxy again to refresh myself on the story. But I made sure to take screenshots as I went along so I could make avatars!
(I know they're no Scribblenauts avatars, but I have little to no artistic talent. :D )

I remember seeing renegade interrupts a fair bit more often than paragon though. My paragon stats were really high throughout the game and renegade was pretty low. I don't know if those stats affect which interrupts you see but I would be surprised if it didn't.

StoOgE said:
Which is why I won't replay the game.

It's a role playing game. It seems completely idiotic that I should have to replay the game and completely smash the 4th wall to play the DLC.

I mean, I get that it is just a game.. but for a series that pushes the story and character development as it's crux it seems pretty stupid that it just tosses all of that aside when it comes to DLC.

How hard would it have been to select the DLC missions from the start menu and give me some stupid little set up about how it's something you did after you left the citadel at the end of ME1?

Mass Effect is designed around making multiple playthroughs. New game+, and the bonuses you get for achievements when you start new characters in a different class, point to wanting to make you play the game a few times to try new powers, new strategies, and new decisions.

Unfortunately, it sounds like that part of ME1 is not for you.

But you will be able to go back and do DLC without starting a new game with ME2. Maybe it will work better for you.

Van Owen said:
So is it clear what kind of interrupt it will be by the icon or anything?

By color and position on the screen (Blue/Red and Left/Right). You won't accidentally chose the wrong one, and there seems to be plenty of time to do them. I hit every single one I encountered (Who could resist?!) and often times had the controller on the couch or table and had to pick it up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah man, I just realized I forgot to finish the game with my BDtS/Pinnacle Station character. Oh well.

That raises a curious question though - what the hell are they going to do with ME2's DLC? Especially since you can play the game after it's finished?

Maybe they'll let you export a character any time after you finish the game?

Van Owen said:
So is it clear what kind of interrupt it will be by the icon or anything?

Yes for paragon interupts it will be a glowing blue of the left Mouse button and renegade will be red and right mouse button. I think the game also puts them on different sides of the screen, paragon on left, renegade on right.

Rhino

Dibs!
Nax-2.jpg

Zinthar

Can anyone with the 360 version of the game tell me if there is a southpaw or other alternate control scheme in ME2?

The original lacked southpaw, and I play far too much MW2 w/ southpaw to transition to right-handed for another shooter.

Thanks.

gillFTR

Apparently something got messed up and all the pre order bonuses are on the microsoft site for free

http://paste2.org/p/631303

Confirm all them go to your active downloads lists on your console click whatever is on top of the queue and then press download all items and you will have all pre order bonuses...my friend reported it down but I still managed to get em.

Sullen said:
It amazes me how much people adjust, and then justify the degrading content and depth of Bioware games. As long as the visual flare and "OMG COOL STUFF" is amped up they just don't care. Bioware sure knows how to pull in its new audience though. :lol Hook, line, and sinker.

Ayuh! We's all idiots for enjoying these gameses they been making for us to play. More fool us all.

Zinthar said:
Can anyone with the 360 version of the game tell me if there is a southpaw or other alternate control scheme in ME2?

The original lacked southpaw, and I play far too much MW2 w/ southpaw to transition to right-handed for another shooter.

Thanks.

-I know how you feel.

-It's all in your head.

-Maybe they will have that option.

As a right handed kid transitioning from controlling an Atari 5200 joystick with my right hand to an NES D-pad with my left thumb, it's just something I had to deal with and so will you.

+ 50 Renegade!

Rhino

gillFTR said:
Apparently something got messed up and all the pre order bonuses are on the microsoft site for free

Confirm all them go to your active downloads lists on your console click whatever is on top of the queue and then press download all items and you will have all pre order bonuses...my friend reported it down but I still managed to get em.

Holy shit! I love you man!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
still 3 days and 18 hours left for me, according to the Steam store :(

In regards to the Collector's Edition

Who's going the digital route via Steam?

I looked at the hard copy and wasn't really impressed other than the case itself.

Swag

gillFTR said:

Holy Shit, got them all. Oh Microsoft :lol

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Just beat ME1 for the first time. The last few hours are ridiculously epic. I'm so glad it sounds like they did the series justice with the sequel. It would have been a waste if they didn't follow up to the first one strongly and let the series fade.

Van Owen

Banned
AgentOtaku said:

I looked at the hard copy and wasn't really impressed other than the case itself.

I got the deluxe version on Steam. I wish you could listen to the OST and watch the docs before the game releases. I hate just looking at them on my hard drive. :lol

TheSailerman

Neo Member
gillFTR said:

Ah yes! Thank you! Now I don't have to care about the fact that GameStop had exclusive DLC... because now I've got it anyway! Now I'm even more excited to play ME2 (which I didn't think was even possible).

edit: By the way, don't worry Bioware peeps reading this thread - I'm still dedicated to buying every bit of ME2 DLC you guys put out (As long as it's better than Pinnacle Station).

hamchan

Rez said:
still 3 days and 18 hours left for me, according to the Steam store :(
Is this only because it's Australia or is it because it's PC/steam?

If it's the latter then I can still get the 360 version same day as the rest of the world. If not... :(

gillFTR

Mutagenic said:
Just beat ME1 for the first time. The last few hours are ridiculously epic. I'm so glad it sounds like they did the series justice with the sequel. It would have been a waste if they didn't follow up to the first one strongly and let the series fade.

yah I remember not giving this game a chance to do the technical issues, but the last 4 hours were so awesome.

pahamrick

Pretty sure something like this happened with Gears 2, concerning the Golden Lancer / Golden Hammerburst, but MS fixed it and somehow deleted the content from those who got it without the codes.

Or am I miss-remembering? I'm guessing that was easier because it was just an unlock download where as this is actual DLC that can mess up save games if its not available.

In either case, I grabbed the Terminus Gear and fingers crossed it doesn't get fix and deleted by MS next time I log into LIVE heh.

Thanks for the heads up!

TheSailerman said:
Ah yes! Thank you! Now I don't have to care about the fact that GameStop had exclusive DLC... because now I've got it anyway! Now I'm even more excited to play ME2 (which I didn't think was even possible).
Got 'em all as well. I never preorder, but considered it because of this DL content.

Thanks original poster!

Swag

pahamrick said:
Pretty sure something like this happened with Gears 2, concerning the Golden Lancer / Golden Hammerburst, but MS fixed it and somehow deleted the content from those who got it without the codes.

Fuuuuuuuuuck, gonna have to copy this over to a memory unit or something. Just in case

gillFTR

TheSailerman said:

Yah same here friggen excited im going to get every pre order bonus off the hop :p

SlickVic

AgentOtaku said:

Not I. I have a gift card at Amazon so that's the main reason but I'd much rather have a physical copy of that hard cover art book. Not particularly interested in the extra in-game schwag in the Digital Deluxe and I'll probably just get the full soundtrack off Itunes at some point.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Shit.

Tomorrow at 12:00am, I will have ME2. So ridiculously hyped. I did literally every thing there was to do in ME1, it was probably my most hyped game ever and now the sequel is out in less than one day.

I'm still happy that my
2 favorite part members, Garrus and especially Tali are back.
So cool.

gillFTR

Yah I'm also crossing my fingers the samething doesn't happen with the golden lancers,but also this is alot more stuff, and wasn't the golden lancer part of the CE this is just pre order stuff.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
gillFTR said:

:lol :lol Can't believe this shit happened again! :lol :lol

<3 gillFTR, I got them all!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Rhino said:
So I brought the Steam version but now I have all the 360 DLC.....crap.

Dont worry all the preorder stuff will become available within a day or two just like it did with DAO thanks to PC user ingenuity. I got my CE from Amazon, but Ill be damned if I dont get the Terminus armor and Incisor Rifle and for free, Im not buying codes off eBay.

pahamrick

gillFTR said:
Yah I'm also crossing my fingers the samething doesn't happen with the golden lancers,but also this is alot more stuff, and wasn't the golden lancer part of the CE this is just pre order stuff.

Actually, the CE stuff is up there for download too (The Collector's Armor & Rifle) so who knows how MS is going to handle this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom