• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Only thing I saw up was the collector's armor. Downloaded that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Hype levels are critical. Dont want to wait until Thursday. Oh lawd.

Swag

firehawk12 said:
Huh, the last DLC actually sounds interesting. Was that a pre-order bonus somewhere?

I think it's one of the items offered through the Cerberus network, if your talking about the
Normandy Crash site

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This has probably been axed before, but the search is borked, so does anyone know how I find the DLC I own @ the Bioware Social Network. I want to make sure my Dragon Age DLC will be tied to my 360 because I redeemed the code on my PS3. Multi-console owner for the fail.

Will the game be able to see these downloads? They may be on your Xbox, but they won't be registered on the EA site, a la like they did with Dragon Age. Will be curious to see what happens in a couple of days.

(talking about the free bonanza just fleetingly offered up by Microsoft)

gillFTR said:
Apparently something got messed up and all the pre order bonuses are on the microsoft site for free

http://paste2.org/p/631303

Confirm all them go to your active downloads lists on your console click whatever is on top of the queue and then press download all items and you will have all pre order bonuses...my friend reported it down but I still managed to get em.

Thanks a bunch. Got 'em all.

pahamrick

Mutanthands said:
Will the game be able to see these downloads? They may be on your Xbox, but they won't be registered on the EA site, a la like they did with Dragon Age. Will be curious to see what happens in a couple of days.

(talking about the free bonanza just fleetingly offered up by Microsoft)

I would imagine the pre-order stuff will be.

As for anything being offered through the Cerberus Network, its anyone's guess.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
:lol

Thanks for the heads up. I'm getting the Terminus armor already but damn, guess I'll be able to pick and choose now.

If I leave all 9 items in the queue will they still be there no matter what? I don't really want to go out and turn my 360 on right now.

Swag

Papercuts said:
If I leave all 9 items in the queue will they still be there no matter what? I don't really want to go out and turn my 360 on right now.

I'd get them onto your Hard Drive just in case they do a half assed job and just remove the ability to dl them.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sebulon3k said:
I think it's one of the items offered through the Cerberus network, if your talking about the
Normandy Crash site

Ah yeah, I just noticed that when I googled it. I thought I was missing something. :)

Anyway, I hope a MS lacky doesn't get fired for this one. BioWare has been having a bad time with XBL lately though. :p

Arjen

Finished my third ME1 playtrough yesterday, so all the choices i made would still be fresh in my head when i start ME2. Tried to get to level 60, but i had no idea the xp needed from 59 to 60 was such an ansurd amount, so i'm importing a level 59 femshep vanguard.
Oh, 2 more things
1. Great OP
2. Damn you Americans for playing this 3 days early, DAMN YOU! *shakes fist*

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Killthee said:

Thanks! Looks like my Blood Dragon armor will be good to go.

On an unrelated note, I'm a huge advocate of Femshep, that'll be my import character, it really does make the character better due to Hale's great voice work and the character feels stronger as a woman, BUT
I'll have to do my 2nd playthrough as male Shepard to get a chance at romancing Tali. I love her character and she's kind of hot in a weird way, sucks I gotta wait until my 2nd playthrough to do it. :/ I'll have to go for Thane or Garrus, but Garrus might be kind of strange since he's a weird bird man thing

Arjen said:
Finished my third ME1 playtrough yesterday, so all the choices i made would still be fresh in my head when i start ME2. Tried to get to level 60, but i had no idea the xp needed from 59 to 60 was such an ansurd amount, so i'm importing a level 59 femshep vanguard.
Oh, 2 more things
1. Great OP
2. Damn you Americans for playing this 3 days early, DAMN YOU! *shakes fist*

Early? You're 3 days late, my fine European friend! :lol

You think that's bad? My wife just played ME1 in Japanese (her native language), and is looking forward to ME2. It isn't even announced for Japan yet.

Truant

For those of you who finished it:

- I'm 24 hours in, and just recruited my final party member, the Asari. How much further do I have if I continue doing most of the sidequests, mining for stuff, etc?

- The derelict collector ship has been the absolute high-point up untill now. Does it get better?

- The menu shows vehicle controls, but I've yet to encounter any. Without revealing too much, is this still in the game?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Rhino said:
This comic reflects my own feelings about our new Krogan friend.

WDO5M.jpg

:lol

The only real complaint I have against the game so far is that the probe mini-game is really slow .. even with an upgrade that supposedly makes the process go faster ..

fortunately I'm only going mineral hunting when I absolutely need them for something ... so not wasting needless time over it.

syllogism

Revolutionary said:
- Exploring planets was pointless and repetitive; it was literally the same shit EVERY TIME.
- The game didn't give you much incentive to use other characters aside from your default team (whatever that may be), mainly due to the equipment system.
- gunplay was meh, and the retarded friendly AI didn't help in those situations.

In this game, they've "rectified" all three of my complaints:
- by removing the planet exploring mechanic entirely (at least, I haven't found a single explorable planet yet) - all you can do now is play a shitty Planet Scanning mini-game which is just as repetitive and even more monotonous than the exploration in the first game.
There are
15-20
"explorable planets". While it's a bit generous to call them quests (a few of them aside), most of them are quite good and a few stunning visually.

gillFTR said:
Apparently something got messed up and all the pre order bonuses are on the microsoft site for free

Confirm all them go to your active downloads lists on your console click whatever is on top of the queue and then press download all items and you will have all pre order bonuses...my friend reported it down but I still managed to get em.

I love you, I am willing to kiss you now :D

Truant

syllogism said:
There are
15-20
"explorable planets". While it's a bit generous to call them quests (a few of them aside), most of them are quite good and a few stunning visually.

What are the highlights? Some of them were boring, so I've skipped a few. Just name the place!

Swag

Gamer @ Heart said:
HOW THE FUCK DO I SIGN ON TO THIS WEBSITE?

Its trying to make me register.

If it's the one for the pre order codes, you need to put in your xbox live registered e-mail / password. If you have a windows Live ID that's pretty much it

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Wait...can I get this pre-order shit for free for my sexbox 360? It's not on the marketplace.

I can't find anything @ the microsoft store other than the option to buy it again.

Red

gillFTR said:

You wonderful man.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ah, I see. Hopefully they (MS) don't ban me for this.

Got it all, aside from the one I already have the rights to. Normally I'd feel bad about this kind of thing, but I bought the fuckin game, this is all just pre-order bullshit and the only one that sounds worth while is the crash site quest.

Goddammit, so I just booted up my GoD version of ME1. It doesn't recognize my old save file. Only lets me start anew. I think I might be fuxed :/

Time for a marathon playthough of ME1! After I spend five hours making my Shep look good.

Sebulon3k said:
If it's the one for the pre order codes, you need to put in your xbox live registered e-mail / password. If you have a windows Live ID that's pretty much it

Had to clear my cache in order to out in a different email. So frustrating. Thanks for the tip.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Snuggler said:
Ah, I see. Hopefully they (MS) don't ban me for this.
Why would you be banned for downloading content that is freely available on THEIR site?

That's like being kicked out of a book store for buying a book that rang up at $0 for only that one day.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
thetrin said:
Why would you be banned for downloading content that is freely available on THEIR site?

That's like being kicked out of a book store for buying a book that rang up at $0 for only that one day.

They'll ban me for being a terrible person who downloaded the Umbra Visor for free.

EDIT - Umbra? Ooh, is that a Dragon Age reference? Maybe we'll get a Morrigan cameo, those witches are immortal.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
StoOgE said:
ME1 is one of my favorite games of all time already. Probably my favorite RPG.. though I go back and forth with Morrowind and Crono trigger.

The last 2 hours of the first game was so unbelievably epic... really good character development throughout the game. My decisions felt like they had a real impact on the story. The fact that I'm going to get to play a sequel that is shaped by the decisions I made in the first game blows my mind.

It's like shit Lionhead promises but never managed to deliver.

If the sequel is as good as the first one it will be vaulted to the top of my favorite RPG lists... the wait for ME3 is going to be much harder than ME2 though since I expect this one to leave us hanging in a much worse situation than the end of the first game. Nothing to base that on other than the fact that the 2nd part of a trilogy typically has to leave you in a bit of a pickle to be solved in the 3rd act.

Except it totally didnt and by necessity of game design, the decisions you made in the first game will be relatively small in impact. I personally just think its better to pick a route for major decisions in a sequel, cause the carry over C&C will always end up insignificant with current storytelling methods of quest line and dialogue trees, due to the crunch multiple dvergent paths have on resources, especially in a full voiced game. Of course Bioware sorta promised your decisions would matter down the road, so they'll have to reconcile with that.

DA definitely improved on the feeling that you have multiple routes, with some of them having decent consequence. However, one of the people I was talking to said, in at least the main quest, they felt like they werent in control ever in ME2.

He also said Thale was awesome, so I look forward to that at least.

Sebulon3k said:

Had to clear my cache in order to out in a different email. So frustrating. Thanks for the tip.

Trickster

I have a question for those of you that have both Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 already ( lucky bastards! ) on the xbox 360. How big is the visual difference between them?

I'm asking because I just popped in ME1 to see how it looked compared to the videos of ME2, and I felt that ME2 looks a lot better overall, especially the lighting looks a lot better I think.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I don't have the game yet but from what I've seen the cutscenes look WAY better, no more of that Bioware robotic animation bullshit, much more cinematic and natural. As long as the rest of the game is better optimized without the unstable framerate and tearing it'll look great to me.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
gillFTR said:

Saw this on CAG and got it all downloaded.

List of items:

Collectors' Weapon and Armor
Terminus Weapon and Armor
Blood Dragon Armor
Inferno Armor
Normandy Crash Site Mission
Recon Hood
Umbra Visor
Sentry Interface
M-29 Incisor Sniper Rifle

Ponti

gillFTR said:

:lol Thanks for that.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Son of Godzilla said:
I doubt those will even work. Dollars to pesos you have to synch something with your EA account to even get access to them in game.
Pretty sure they worked when it happened to DA in the Euro PS Store's and fwiw, I can use DA DLC on my alt PSN account even though its tied to my main PSN/EA/BioWare accounts.

Plus the game has to let you use DLC that you buy directly from the Marketplace because there's no way for EA to tie those sales to the Social // your EA/Bioware account.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Killthee said:
Pretty sure they worked when it happened to DA in the Euro PS Store's and fwiw, I can use DA DLC on my alt PSN account even though its tied to my main PSN/EA/BioWare accounts.
Yeah, there's no doubt it will work fine.
Glad to get these freebies when I finally pick up the game.

This is all the various pre-order bonus DLC, Dr. Pepper promo DLC, and even collector's edition DLC I believe.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
If you already have it on your console, it should work. The EA/Bioware stuff just makes it harder for you to actually redeem the code, but once you have it, it should be yours to keep.

Is there a way to view all DL content you have purchased or downloaded for every game you have ever played on your 360?

Purchase History

Dark Octave said:
Is there a way to view all DL content you have purchased or downloaded for every game you have ever played on your 360?

Yeah you will have to go to purchase history and you should be able to access it.

IZZO

Neo Member
gillFTR said:

Wow thanks. I got 'em All :D

Now all I need is the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom