• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Damn I gave in, I watched all the class videos in the op. O.O OMG, I want to play as every class in ME2. I played a sol in the first mass effect, but I think after seeing the vanguard I am going to play that first.

But I will eventually play them all.

Nemesis_

Enduin said:
They do nothing, which is a big shame, BDtS was pretty good and the decision at the end would be great to see unfold in ME2, but what can you do. The iPhone game does carry over into ME2 though.

Do you mean the decisions you make during Galaxy or does something just generally "happen" in ME2 if you finished the iPhone game?

I finished it yesterday and added my details into the game and it said there was a reward waiting for me in Mass Effect 2, though none of my accounts on EA/BioWare mention anything to do with it. =(

Swag

Atramental said:
Very stoked to get ME2 but I won't be able to put in some decent play time for a long while with work and college keeping me busy. :/

I'm taking off classes on Tuesday to get some good playtime in, thinking of transferring my pre order to a closer Gamestop so I can walk in the morning and pick it up.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Nemesis556 said:
Do you mean the decisions you make during Galaxy or does something just generally "happen" in ME2 if you finished the iPhone game?

I finished it yesterday and added my details into the game and it said there was a reward waiting for me in Mass Effect 2, though none of my accounts on EA/BioWare mention anything to do with it. =(

I dont think the decisions can just the fact that you played and beat it and people will appear in the game react to Jacob because of that fact.

Ephemeris

Enduin said:
They do nothing, which is a big shame, BDtS was pretty good and the decision at the end would be great to see unfold in ME2, but what can you do. The iPhone game does carry over into ME2 though.

But they didn't rule out that ME2 DLC may reference ME1 DLC.

And as I said, I doubt there's anything at all to take from Pinnacle Station so hopefully there's a sequel to BDTS.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Nemesis556 said:
Can anyone confirm that completing the DLC gets you various rewards in Mass Effect 2, or at least some story changes like the other actions?

I'm doing my playthrough specifically to import this character into ME2 but am not sure if completing the DLC again will be worth my time
Hudson and Priestly both confirmed ME DLC is not acknowledged in ME2. Hudson went one step further and said he would like to continue the BDtS story in future DLC/ME3.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Ephemeris said:
But they didn't rule out that ME2 DLC may reference ME1 DLC.

And as I said, I doubt there's anything at all to take from Pinnacle Station so hopefully there's a sequel to BDTS.

Yeah I forgot about that, so I really hope they carry through with it, I thought BDtS was great and the end decision was one of the more dramatic in the entire game, so I hope they utilize it.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Jesus, EA bought an entire commercial break during the NFC championship game.. and the commercial was fucking SICK.

I am hyped x 10000000000000 now.

Ephemeris

Enduin said:
Yeah I forgot about that, so I really hope they carry through with it, I thought BDtS was great and the end decision was one of the more dramatic in the entire game, so I hope they utilize it.

I was definitely looking forward to some kind of sequel to it. Thought I would have found it in ME2 but I guess we have to wait. For me it goes:

J. Shepard (Paragon of hope, galactic savior etc etc): Let the guy go to get the hostages. Plans to chase down both the terrorist batarian and the one running the show.

S. Shepard (Renegade crazy-lady. Let the council die because they were stupid): Killed Terrorist guy, plans to hunt down the leader.

StoOgE

I never bought any of the DLC because you have to restart the fucking game to play them.

I was kind of cheesed I couldn't go do sidequests after the main story was over to be honest.

I'll replay the games at some point, but until the trilogy is over I want to play it straight through with "my" Shepard. Which I know sounds a bit silly, but that's kind of my preference for the thing.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Ephemeris said:
I was definitely looking forward to some kind of sequel to it. Thought I would have found it in ME2 but I guess we have to wait. For me it goes:

J. Shepard (Paragon of hope, galactic savior etc etc): Let the guy go to get the hostages. Plans to chase down both the terrorist batarian and the one running the show.

S. Shepard (Renegade crazy-lady. Let the council die because they were stupid): Killed Terrorist guy, plans to hunt down the leader.

Exact same way I played. Renegade female shep is the best, her VA is so perfect for it.

Ronabo

StoOgE said:
I never bought any of the DLC because you have to restart the fucking game to play them.

I don't think that is true. I played both DLC with my leveled up Soldier.

I can't believe that my local Gamestop was only able to take pre-orders on TWO Limited Editions before getting cut off.

Meus Renaissance said:
I knew one or two of these voices sounded familiar, but damn at this cast.

Martin Sheen.jpg
Holy shit. I thought the voice actor sounded familiar, but I was way off... I thought it was the guy that did Colonel Campbell from MGS. :lol

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Ronabo said:

I can't believe that my local Gamestop was only able to take pre-orders on TWO Limited Editions before getting cut off.

Just 2? I wonder how many collector's editions were made.

Ephemeris

Enduin said:
Exact same way I played. Renegade female shep is the best, her VA is so perfect for it.

Agreed. I love my male shep for paragon stuff. But I just can't take him seriously when he's being "evil" :lol

Fem Shep?

Scary.

Thermite

Jonsoncao said:
after watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOg-nLWe71w
I realized I am gonna miss the elevator scenes a lot...

That's really the only thing I liked about the elevator in Mass Effect - the interaction between your party. Hopefully ME2 is more like Dragon-Age in that respect, where as you're walking along doing your quests, just exploring, or whatever, your party members start having a random conversation with each other.

StoOgE

Ronabo said:

Really? God damnit, not I'm gonna have to buy them tonight so I can play through them by tommorow :lol

Also, in regards to the special editions, just go to Target, Best Buy, etc. I've never had any issue picking up whatever version I wanted from a big box store.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Thermite said:
That's really the only thing I liked about the elevator in Mass Effect - the interaction between your party. Hopefully ME2 is more like Dragon-Age in that respect, where as you're walking along doing your quests, just exploring, or whatever, your party members start having a random conversation with each other.

From what I heard, its MIA. Apparently, the DA team didnt let the ME2 on the awesome secret of the party actually talking when not on the ship.

StoOgE

HK-47 said:
From what I heard, its MIA. Apparently, the DA team didnt let the ME2 on the awesome secret of the party actually talking when not on the ship.

hopefully they didn't let them in on the "having a character in game try to sell you on the DLC" thing either. :lol

Hopefully they can get the in game cross-chat added to ME3. There was some of it in ME1 I thought. Or maybe I'm getting it confused with something else.

StoOgE said:
Jesus, EA bought an entire commercial break during the NFC championship game.. and the commercial was fucking SICK.

I am hyped x 10000000000000 now.

Tonight's 1st Half Stats brought to you by "Mass Effect 2". Totally shocked and made me smile when I heard that during the game. STEAM preloaded and ready to go, can't wait.

Ephemeris

Thermite said:

One of my fave convos in ME1 was between Tali and Wrex.

Gonna miss that stuff.

Ronabo

StoOgE said:
Really? God damnit, not I'm gonna have to buy them tonight so I can play through them by tommorow :lol

Also, in regards to the special editions, just go to Target, Best Buy, etc. I've never had any issue picking up whatever version I wanted from a big box store.

Yeah when you get the DLC it just shows up in the systems they are located.

As for getting a LE someplace else I want the Gamestop bonuses :(

I sent a text to my 360 hating PS3 loving fanboy friend about that trailer during the game and I didn't receive a response. :lol

Sir Garbageman said:
Tonight's 1st Half Stats brought to you by "Mass Effect 2". Totally shocked and made me smile when I heard that during the game. STEAM preloaded and ready to go, can't wait.

Yeah that was weird to hear Joe Buck say Mass Effect 2, flowed pretty good though.

Thermite

HK-47 said:

Sadface.

StoOgE said:
hopefully they didn't let them in on the "having a character in game try to sell you on the DLC" thing either. :lol

:lol Agreed. That shit was just weird.

StoOgE

Ronabo said:
Yeah when you get the DLC it just shows up in the systems they are located.

As for getting a LE someplace else I want the Gamestop bonuses :(

Yeah, I'm sitting at the end of the game and can no longer access the Normandy.

So I CANT play the DLC without starting over. Which is why I never bought it in the first place.

I know I can do the new game + thing, but it kind of takes me out of the whole role playing thing to replay the game with the same character.

Ephemeris

StoOgE said:
Yeah, I'm sitting at the end of the game and can no longer access the Normandy.

So I CANT play the DLC without starting over. Which is why I never bought it in the first place.
at least they changed that in ME2

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ephemeris said:
at least they changed that in ME2

This is one thing that should be in ALL RPGs with DLC.

How is it?

Is it overall better?

I'd imagine it would be considering the engine tweaks/upgrades.
Mass Effect1 was pretty unoptomized in some parts like The Citadel and such...

Flavius

Another two big thumbs up for marketing. The Mass Effect marketing blitz during the conference championships was beautiful, beautiful stuff.

My wife even let out a "that's pretty cool" comment while catching the ad in between playing on her laptop while I watched the Saints-Vikings game. High praise, coming from a non-gamer. ;)

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Kinda? I prefer to just forget it even exists.

Screw the Jade Empire hate. I loved that game when it came out. Granted I wished he used real Chinese history as opposed to fantasy (not even Chinese fantasy) Asianland. Still I loved Drunken boxing and the great Jack Wall score.

Jonsoncao said:
after watching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOg-nLWe71w
I realized I am gonna miss the elevator scenes a lot...
Yeah Wrex is like an Alien Don Frye. I love him, hence why I had him in all the time. I set my party's up based on dialogue options and interactions. :D

AgentOtaku said:
Mass Effect1 was pretty unoptomized in some parts like The Citadel and such...

Glad i'm not the only one who noticed this. I spent hours trying to make it run well thinking it was representative of the whole game.
Feros
was also a bit jerky.

Was watching the game at my parents' house. During one of the commercials my mom says, "What is this, a cartoon movie thing? Who would want to see that?" I had no words (or will) to explain it to her. :lol

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Anyone knows if the terminus armor code will be packaged in the box or on a separate paper? I don't want to be fooled into thinking the code is in the box by gamestop employees if it is a separate code.

I3rand0

I'm replaying ME 1 right now trying to get to 60, however this is my 4th play through, and I'm wondering do all of the side mission outcomes carry over to 2 or just specific ones?

I3rand0 said:
I'm replaying ME 1 right now trying to get to 60, however this is my 4th play through, and I'm wondering do all of the side mission outcomes carry over to 2 or just specific ones?

A ton of the side mission outcomes carry over. All of them don't, but you'll see references to plenty of them in ME2.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Damn, I cracked open ME1 again and remembered just how awful it runs. Frame-rate issues all over the place with texture pop-in.

ME2 is supposed to be a lot better than this, right?

wonkafest

RubxQub said:
Damn, I cracked open ME1 again and remembered just how awful it runs. Frame-rate issues all over the place with texture pop-in.

ME2 is supposed to be a lot better than this, right?

I just finished replaying ME1 myself and I found installing it helps with pop-in in most cases, but ya frame-rate is always all over the place regardless of whats going on.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
neojubei said:
Anyone knows if the terminus armor code will be packaged in the box or on a separate paper? I don't want to be fooled into thinking the code is in the box by gamestop employees if it is a separate code.

Either on a seperate sheet of paper, may be in a pre-order "box".

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I need to finish up ME1 tonight. I'm just now on Ilos and wondering how much I have left. My ME2 CE will be waiting on Tuesday.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Mutagenic said:
I need to finish up ME1 tonight. I'm just now on Ilos and wondering how much I have left. My ME2 CE will be waiting on Tuesday.

You should be done in less than an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom