• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, is it strange that it let me download the Blood Dragon armor again since I already had it from Dragon Age?

Don't trip TheSailerman. Thank you too for trying to help. :D

Blood Dragon Armor is a different download for each game. The one for ME2 likely ties in with Bioware Social, since they've said that even if you bought PC or PS3 Dragon Age, you could then buy 360 ME2 and you'd get the armor.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Dark Octave said:
Just curious, is it strange that it let me download the Blood Dragon armor again since I already had it from Dragon Age?

Don't trip TheSailerman. Thank you too for trying to help. :D
Different game, different armor.

Jinjo

gillFTR said:
Apparently something got messed up and all the pre order bonuses are on the microsoft site for free

http://paste2.org/p/631303

Confirm all them go to your active downloads lists on your console click whatever is on top of the queue and then press download all items and you will have all pre order bonuses...my friend reported it down but I still managed to get em.

Holy shit. Fucking awesome. I was even in time for once too. :lol

HadesGigas said:
Blood Dragon Armor is a different download for each game. The one for ME2 likely ties in with Bioware Social, since they've said that even if you bought PC or PS3 Dragon Age, you could then buy 360 ME2 and you'd get the armor.
So basically I have two sets of the same armor for the same game on my 360, but under a different serial number?

Dark Octave said:
So basically I have two sets of the same armor for the same game on my 360, but under a different serial number?

Uhh no, the one that came with Dragon Age is the Blood Dragon Armor you use in Dragon Age. Just that having redeemed it will give you the ability to download the armor in ME2.

gillFTR said:
Apparently something got messed up and all the pre order bonuses are on the microsoft site for free

Confirm all them go to your active downloads lists on your console click whatever is on top of the queue and then press download all items and you will have all pre order bonuses...my friend reported it down but I still managed to get em.

You are my hero! I copied it also to my memory unit as a backup. So essentially with my getting the terminus code off eBay and just buying a normal standard copy of Amazon...I have EVERY Pre-Order Bonus. Well this is officially the start of a really good week. :)

Thanks!

Killthee

Dark Octave said:
No, two different armors. One set for the copy of DA you bought and the other for ME2.

blood_dragon-02-p.jpg

HadesGigas said:
Uhh no, the one that came with Dragon Age is the Blood Dragon Armor you use in Dragon Age. Just that having redeemed it will give you the ability to download the armor in ME2.
I see. Gotcha, thanks.

Thermite

gillFTR said:

Awesome. Grabbed the Gamestop pre-order bonus, since I pre-ordered elsewhere.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
A lot of that stuff is unheard of to me. Collectors Armor and co I know about, but what about stuff like the
Normandy Crash Site
?

Is this planned DLC that we only know about now?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
EatChildren said:
A lot of that stuff is unheard of to me. Collectors Armor and co I know about, but what about stuff like the
Normandy Crash Site
?

Pretty sure that's something from the cerberus network anyway. The visor/gun I think is from Dr. Pepper codes.

EatChildren said:
Normandy Crash Site
?

I'm curious as well on these items:

Recon Hood
Umbra Visor
Sentry Interface
M-29 Incisor Sniper Rifle

I'm wondering if these are the Dr. Pepper promo items or more free DLC to be released via Cerebus Network? And I'm also feeling guilty for D/Ling those along with the Terminus/Inferno gear. I hope karma doesn't smite us all...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Castor Krieg said:
How is opening containers? Do you still need a special skill of a particular class to open locked boxes and lockers?

There are two different mini games - a match two game and another matching game.

Reluctant-Hero said:

Recon Hood
Umbra Visor
Sentry Interface

I'm wondering if these are the Dr. Pepper promo items or more free DLC to be released via Cerebus Network? And I'm also feeling guilty for D/Ling those along with the Terminus/Inferno gear. I hope karma doesn't smite us all...

I believe Cerberus included a weapon and a piece of armor, so two of those items being just that isn't out of the question. I've actually heard nothing about the Dr. Pepper promo, but it and Mass Effect Galaxies would account for the remaining two.

I still feel dirty. I think I'm going to help old ladies cross the street or something tomorrow.

Rhino

Reluctant-Hero said:
I'm also feeling guilty for D/Ling those along with the Terminus/Inferno gear. I hope karma doesn't smite us all...

Yea, no.

We're reaping the rewards of Gamestop and EA's Karma :D

Killthee

EatChildren said:
Normandy Crash Site
?

We've know about it for a couple of days now. They announced it in the Cerberus Network PR as one of the free Cerberus DLC missions.

Reluctant-Hero said:

Recon Hood
Umbra Visor
Sentry Interface

It fits, the Dr.Pepper DLC is supposed to be 2 helmets and 1 visor. As for the rifle, its probably part of the CN but this is the first I've heard of a 360 version. It was announced as a bonus weeks ago when the DD version started popping up in the PC DD services (Impulse, Steam, etc.)

MegaKungFuRadio said:
I believe Cerberus included a weapon and a piece of armor, so two of those items being just that isn't out of the question. I've actually heard nothing about the Dr. Pepper promo, but it and Mass Effect Galaxies would account for the remaining two.

I still feel dirty. I think I'm going to help old ladies cross the street or something tomorrow.

Why feel dirty? It used to be that you bought a game, and all of the content was in the package. You didn't need to buy from a specific retail, or pay ten extra bucks, or buy the game new, or use a bunch of redeem codes, or go through the hassle of entering your email, etc etc etc.

I love ME1, and am dying to play ME2, but EA and Bioware are full of shit with some of this crap. We pay 60-70 dollars and we STILL have content being taken out and have to worry about what content comes with what package and who to buy from etc etc etc.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I don't know what to say about all the pre-order bullshit, I can't defend that, but in some way I understand why they do all the packed in DLC like with Dragon Age. It's a pain in the ass for me to redeem all those codes but used games, at least in the US, probably take a big slice out of their sales and this is one way to encourage people to spend the extra 5$ and buy it new.
Anyways, once I get started with this game I won't give a fuck about any of that shit.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Castor Krieg said:
Cool, no need for a specific skill to be able to do those mini-games?

Nope, not at all, although you can buy items that make the minigames a bit easier.

Question - anyone who downloaded the DLC and have the game? I'm just wondering if they are tied to the EA social thing and thus won't work unless you've redeemed the codes through the EA servers?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Not sure if I even get anything for my preorder here in Australia. So thanks for the links.

Snuggler said:
Anyways, once I get started with this game I won't give a fuck about any of that shit.
If it's anything like Dragon Age, you mostly won't end using the pre-order bonus items, but the "free" DLC that completes the game for people who bought it new will be solid.

MCermak

feels great to be in the right place at the right time. Eh, comrades?

I wonder if there is any way for MS to cover their asses here? Once users have the content I'd assume it is too late. Hopefully I don't see 9 charges on my credit card in a few days.

DodgerSan

I'm not going to risk it. MS have a history of hammering people who knowingly take advantage of things like this. They've reset gamerscores, blocked Live access etc. It's not worth it for me.

Saying that, pre-order content segregation sucks major balls. My finger did hover over that download button for a good while. I'm paying damn good money for the collector's edition, but I still miss a load of stuff.

MCermak said:
feels great to be in the right place at the right time. Eh, comrades?

I wonder if there is any way for MS to cover their asses here? Once users have the content I'd assume it is too late. Hopefully I don't see 9 charges on my credit card in a few days.

I got the Gears of War 2 gold lancer in a similar fashion, and they never did anything about it. It's still on my 360's hard drive. I don't think they'd do anything for an item that's not paid DLC.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think it's only a question of how the DLC is integrated into the game and whether it's a situation like DA where it checks against your social account to see if you have DLC available.

Weenerz

Banned
Great OP, tons of information.

IGN gave this a
. I didn't hear anything about Oscar winning story, but the review seemed to be really favorable.

Cannot wait for my CE on Tuesday!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
DodgerSan said:
I'm not going to risk it. MS have a history of hammering people who knowingly take advantage of things like this. They've reset gamerscores, blocked Live access etc. It's not worth it for me.

Saying that, pre-order content segregation sucks major balls. My finger did hover over that download button for a good while. I'm paying damn good money for the collector's edition, but I still miss a load of stuff.
When have they?

This has happened a few times before where promo content gets put on the marketplace on PC and was available for free.

This will be fixed tomorrow and when you click the same links, they'll say 999999 points.
I got GoW2 CE and promo DLC free, the Fable II CE DLC free, and others I can't remember.

I'm stuck here at work till 4am. But I put them all in my download queue using my phone, which took forever. Now I just gotta hope i can still download them to my harddrive when I get to my xbox.

Hope they don't take em away from us.

MCermak

Maybe they are normally free to download and you need to input the proper codes? I hope not. Is
"normandy crash site"
a preorder bonus? If not, i doubt we'd need a code for that.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Gamer @ Heart said:
How can they punish people who didnt break any rules?
Exactly, they'll just fix their mistake in a few hours and delete the links or make everything 99999999 points which is essentially locked out.

Efrendal

gillFTR said:

Sweet! got all of them on my HD now. Thanks a lot for the link!

i've always hated preorder-bonuses so this was a great way to "stick it to the man" :D

Mad_Ban

Thanks for the link. :D

I only downloaded the DLC that I'm basically barred from getting since I chose not to purchase certain retailers. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom