• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished the game. Wow. So damn awesome.

I was really not so enthused about this game coming out of ME1. I liked it enough, but not so much that I was really anticipating ME2.

But damn if the wait for ME3 isn't going to be unbearable.

Btw, I saved Kelly but I'm not getting the option to get her to come up to my room :\ Wonder if it's bugged out?

_Xenon_

Banned
Kolgar said:
So is anybody hitting level 30 on their first playthrough?

I reached 27 last night and I'm sure I have some hidden planetside missions to do. Not sure if I can make it, but I'd like to!
I was lv28 after finishing the main plot and every side mission I could find. To reach lv30 I had to import that lv28 char again and finish the first 2 mission. Took about 2 hours.

timetokill said:
Btw, I saved Kelly but I'm not getting the option to get her to come up to my room :\ Wonder if it's bugged out?
You can only call your romanced one up through the computer next to your private terminal, until you decide to dump the girl.

bryehn

Kolgar said:

I reached 27 last night and I'm sure I have some hidden planetside missions to do. Not sure if I can make it, but I'd like to!

I did every single mission and side planet thing and topped out at 28.3

Lakitu

st5fu
If you pursue a fling with Kelly does that mean you get the Paramour achievement and you're classified as a cheater (if you had ME 1 LI) or is it a fling ala the Sha'ira from the first game.

Ashodin

I hit 30 before finishing. Wasn't that hard, rocked awesome when it did though. I felt like I was nearing the epic, and sure enough, it was!

jjasper

pringles said:
What? You could
recruit Morinth
?? I play renegade and I didn't realize you could do that :(

Not only that but if you
romance her she will kill you. Not permanently though it is just a regular game over screen.

Ashodin

2aenoew.jpg

I need this like I need air

Mohonky said:
Why does the pull power not work against armour? Are you shitting me? Barely any powers work against a character that has any sort of barrier or armour and now that I'm on Insane I am being raped during the moving platform section of the collectors. FFS.

Are you playing on PC? There's a setting you can change so powers aren't blocked by shields.

Zzoram

Lakitu said:
If you pursue a fling with Kelly does that mean you get the Paramour achievement and you're classified as a cheater (if you had ME 1 LI) or is it a fling ala the Sha'ira from the first game.

I don't think it's just a fling, that would be Jack. After the end game, I can call Kelly up to my room where she'll dance for me, lay in bed with me, or sit on my lap.

markao said:
Thank you Sir !!!
you're welcome :)

Confidence Man said:
Got the old armor working:
http://i48.tinypic.com/28tukpd.jpg[IMG]

Not sure if this is the right way to do it; I used this armor model as a new chestpiece, and made blank options for the other pieces. Only problem is if I try and use no helmet it glitches out and reverts to default armor.[/QUOTE]

what did you add to the ini? this is what I did and you don't get a helmet, I would like to make helmets selectable. I think I need to change it from full body to something else. this is a work in progress.

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/jl6ik8.jpg

Code:
[SFXGame.SFXPawn_Player]
FullBodyAppearances=(Id=0,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMM_ARM_HVYb_MDL",MaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMM_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMM_ARM_HVYb_MAT_1a",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMF_ARM_HVYb_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMF_ARM_HVYb_MAT_1a"),GameEffects=("SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_PowerBelt"),PlotFlag=-1)

edit: change it around a bit to make it a chestpiece like you did and yup, no helmet doesn't work, I think we need to make a invisible helmet
Code:
TorsoAppearances=(Id=4,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMM_ARM_HVYb_MDL",MaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMM_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMM_ARM_HVYb_MAT_1a",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMF_ARM_HVYb_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMF_ARM_HVYb_MAT_1a"),GameEffects=("SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_PowerBelt"),PlotFlag=-1)

ShoulderAppearances=(Id=4,Type=CustomizableType_Shoulders,Mesh=(Male="",Female=""),GameEffects=("SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_N7Shoulders"),PlotFlag=-1)

ArmAppearances=(Id=4,Type=CustomizableType_Arms,Mesh=(Male="",Female=""),GameEffects=("SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_StabilizationGauntlets"),PlotFlag=-1)

LegAppearances=(Id=4,Type=CustomizableType_Legs,Mesh=(Male="",Female=""),GameEffects=("SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_N7Legs"),PlotFlag=-1)

still working on it

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Playing through the second time as a pure renegade adept is so badass.

Pull a dude and smack him with a warp, bundle some mother fuckers up in a singularity and have Zaeed spank them with flame grenade...so many cool things.

I don't use my guns unless I absolutely HAVE to.

...and you start out with like 50K resources for every mineral and it feels like you get double money in the wild. So good.

I hit 30 in the first playthrough right at the end of the story.

I imported a Lv. 60, so I started at Lv. 5, I did all loyalty quests, but some smaller quests weren't complete.

JayDubya

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
The game is pretty clear that Krogan women are either fertile or not. They won't be piling up the dead babies unless they really want to.

A character on Tuchanka specifically talks about the piles of dead krogan offspring. So yeah, while there are rare examples of krogan females that don't have this problem, like that warlord mentioned in some planetary text from the first game, most do, and most obviously try anyway (and on Tuchanka, that's probably their only means of determining fertility).

That would be a real war crime, forcing every woman to carry to term something that was never alive, simply hoping to hit the lottery.

Yeah, you probably ought to go retake Biology 101.

In any event, while he doesn't hesitate to destroy his military rivals, there's no evidence Wrex obliges anyone to be a part of his civilization or plans.

diss

Banned
Mr_Zombie said:
I've just did Samara's loyal mission, which I really liked (nice to have an important, non side-quest, mission where you don't have to shoot shit, at least for once) but the choice at the end was so stupid I just couldn't believe it :|.

On one hand you can help Samara - a justicar who's seeking and killing criminals and promised you to help you on your mission; on the other hand you can rescue (and probably recruit) Morinth, a ruthless bitch that loves killing random people by having a mind sex with them, and who just wanted to kill you (or at least seduce, but seeing how things with Nef turned out, the result would be the same) just few minutes ago.

Hmm... hard choice, isn't it? I mean really BioWare, at least you could gave Morinth some depth, make me feel sorry for her or understand her, but all I know about her is that she's just a sex addict murderer that loves art.

Why would someone choose Morinth over Samara (other than for just being a dick) is beyond me.

And my God Samara, zip up that suit. Miranda looks stupid during missions with her suit (I love how the commando asari in her loyal mission comments on her look ;D), but Samara with her big cleavage is just ridiculous.
Am I seriously the only person that liked the Samara loyalty quest? In fact I'd say I found it to be the most memorable in the game. Not bad for an asari who I thought would be so uninteresting that it was the last of the dossiers I chose to do.

It was memorable because the whole premise of Morinth, the murders and the ardat-yakshi truly creeped me out. And found it sad that she had three kids, each of them with this ghastly defect, and one of them used this power to satiate a psychopathic bloodlust. It never even struck me that you COULD recruit Morinth because the concept seemed so disturbing to me. I am particularly freaked out by the posts I read here and elsewhere of people ruing their decisions because they wanted to go back and get Morinth "because she's hotter". barf

JayDubya

Banned
diss said:
It was memorable because the whole premise of Morinth, the murders and the ardat-yakshi truly creeped me out. And found it sad that she had three kids, each of them with this ghastly defect, and one of them used this power to satiate a psychopathic bloodlust. It never even struck me that you COULD recruit Morinth because the concept seemed so disturbing to me. I am particularly freaked out by the amount of posts I read here and elsewhere of people ruing their decisions because they wanted to go back and get Morinth because she's hotter[i/]. *barf*

Especially because she looks identical. :lol

Zzoram

L0st Id3ntity said:
Are there any other populated locations like Omega? The only one so far.

Illium is similar but possibly a big larger. The Citadel is roughly Omega sized but feels more disjoint, and Tuchanka is a smaller outpost.

Zzoram

diss said:
Am I seriously the only person that liked the Samara loyalty quest? In fact I'd say I found it to be the most memorable in the game. Not bad for an asari who I thought would be so uninteresting that it was the last of the dossiers I chose to do.

It was memorable because the whole premise of Morinth, the murders and the ardat-yakshi truly creeped me out. And found it sad that she had three kids, each of them with this ghastly defect, and one of them used this power to satiate a psychopathic bloodlust. It never even struck me that you COULD recruit Morinth because the concept seemed so disturbing to me. I am particularly freaked out by the posts I read here and elsewhere of people ruing their decisions because they wanted to go back and get Morinth "because she's hotter". barf

Apparently you can actually have sex with Morinth and die.

Kolgar said:

edit: I just checked the N7 guide and I've missed a lot of missions. I might still make it!

http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/index.php/Mass_Effect_2_-_PC_XB360/N7_Assignments

I did, but I started at level 5, and then hit 30 only as I was nearing the very end. I think I did most,if not all, of the sidequests, definitely did all the party related stuff. So I'd imagine imagine it's mostly impossible on your first runthrough if you're not importing a level 60 character. Well at least until there's more DLC out there.

Zzoram said:
Apparently you can actually have sex with Morinth and die.

Yeah, she tries to bullshit you and tell you that you're the one person in the galaxy strong enough to live with through it. My female Shepard fell for it, I guess she just missed getting some Asari loving.

I can't get my terminus armor (or the gun that came with it) to pop up in the game. I downloaded it and everything.

BTW, was it a mistake to kill Wrex in the first game? I'm 6 hours in and I dont notice alot of Krogan in the game. :lol

JayDubya

Banned
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
I can't get my terminus armor (or the gun that came with it) to pop up in the game. I downloaded it and everything.

BTW, was it a mistake to kill Wrex in the first game? I'm 6 hours in and I dont notice alot of Krogan in the game. :lol

It was a mistake in the sense that a) Wrex was awesome, and b) when you get to the part of the game where you would have met Wrex, they'll use a Wrex stand-in character that otherwise would not exist, which is pretty lame.

Zzoram said:
A setting Bioware created or an ini tweak cheat?

ini tweak. Under [SFXGame.SFXGameConfig] change bShieldsBlockPowers to false. This includes Barriers and Armor, so powers work no matter what. Much more fun for an adept.

Can't get the armor to work with no helmet's, but you can make it a full body armor and stack all the bonus's you want

GameEffects=("SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_PowerBelt","SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_N7Shoulders", "SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_StabilizationGauntlets" , "SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_N7Legs"

Code:
FullBodyAppearances=(Id=0,Name=334453,Description=334454,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMM_ARM_HVYb_MDL",MaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMM_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMM_ARM_HVYb_MAT_1a",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMF_ARM_HVYb_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMF_ARM_HVYb_MAT_1a"),GameEffects=("SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_PowerBelt","SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_N7Shoulders", "SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_StabilizationGauntlets" , "SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_N7Legs" ),PlotFlag=-1)

I think I'll keep it both way's, one full armor (no helmet), and the other as a chestpiece with helmet

Code:
TorsoAppearances=(Id=4,Name=334453,Description=334454,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMM_ARM_HVYb_MDL",MaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMM_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMM_ARM_HVYb_MAT_1a",Female="BIOG_HMF_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMF_ARM_HVYb_MDL",FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_ARM_HVY_R.HVYb.HMF_ARM_HVYb_MAT_1a"),GameEffects=("SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_PowerBelt"),PlotFlag=-1)

ShoulderAppearances=(Id=4,Name=339528,Description=339523,Type=CustomizableType_Shoulders,Mesh=(Male="",Female=""),GameEffects=("SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_N7Shoulders"),PlotFlag=-1)

ArmAppearances=(Id=4,Name=334431,Description=334432,Type=CustomizableType_Arms,Mesh=(Male="",Female=""),GameEffects=("SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_StabilizationGauntlets"),PlotFlag=-1)

LegAppearances=(Id=4,Name=339525,Description=339524,Type=CustomizableType_Legs,Mesh=(Male="",Female=""),GameEffects=("SFXGame.SFXGameEffect_Gear_N7Legs"),PlotFlag=-1)

timetokill said:
Okay, playing as female Shepard, is there a point where you get "locked in" to a specific romance, as happened in ME1?

I've been stringing along pretty much every possible relationship, but I want to know if I hit the point of no return. Any word on this?
I need to know this as well.

MrTroubleMaker said:
I think I'll keep it both way's, one full armor (no helmet), and the other as a chestpiece with helmet

A perk with using the latter method is you can turn off the shoulder pieces without any problems, making a sleeker-looking suit.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Maxrpg said:
2aenoew.jpg

I need this like I need air

Man, that's nice... probably won't be able to get it shipped to Europe though...

jjasper said:
Not only that but if you
romance her she will kill you. Not permanently though it is just a regular game over screen.

Wow, yet another cool thing in the game that I didn't know about - this game is full of details and surprises...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Darklord said:
As a person who would never wear a gaming short because they are normally incredibly dorky or stupid, I like this.

Subtlety is key :).

Confidence Man said:
A perk with using the latter method is you can turn off the shoulder pieces without any problems, making a sleeker-looking suit.
it does :lol

34srxw6.jpg

at least i can have it both ways now :)

b54rx3.jpg

time to add some more armors :)

Lakitu said:

No matter how much I talked to her I could not get Kelly in the sack! She always gave the same speech options..

Kolgar

MWS Natural said:
No matter how much I talked to her I could not get Kelly in the sack! She always gave the same speech options..

I think the best you can do is get her to come up for dinner.
There's a cut-scene where she comes in late to her post and tells Shepard how she hasn't stayed up so late since college.
But then, I was using a FemShep at the time.

thorin

If there's one thing I miss most from ME1 right now its light armor.

I just started a female Shepard run last night, and damn does she look butch in that bulky armor.

careful

gregor7777 said:
Is there a tweak that allows you to take the Blood Dragon helmet off during cutscenes?
On the CAGcast with Christina Norman, she explains that the way the DLC armors are implemented prevents them from removing the helmet. It's something they tried to do, but it was too much effort to get around the technical limitation.

Was surprised that I had to switch back to disc 1 for the end game. Probably mentioned already, but it was just a weird thing that stood out to me that doesn't involve any spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom