• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

careful

Confidence Man said:
ini tweak. Under [SFXGame.SFXGameConfig] change bShieldsBlockPowers to false. This includes Barriers and Armor, so powers work no matter what. Much more fun for an adept.
Might try that out for fun. I've been doing pretty well as an adept on hardcore, but some of the powers are useless when everyone has armors or shields.
Pull is still alright, throw and singularity are not that hot anymore and Shockwave is straight up useless.

careful said:
On the CAGcast with Christina Norman, she explains that the way the DLC armors are implemented prevents them from removing the helmet. It's something they tried to do, but it was too much effort to get around the technical limitation.

:lol

thorin said:
If there's one thing I miss most from ME1 right now its light armor.

I just started a female Shepard run last night, and damn does she look butch in that bulky armor.
I changed mine :p

30tjsbd.jpg

Mr_Zombie

careful said:
On the CAGcast with Christina Norman, she explains that the way the DLC armors are implemented prevents them from removing the helmet. It's something they tried to do, but it was too much effort to get around the technical limitation.

Wait, what? "Technical limitation"? All they had to do was just model those armors like every other friggin armor in the game: body + helmet as separate models.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Mr_Zombie said:
Wait, what? "Technical limitation"? All they had to do was just model those armors like every other friggin armor in the game: body + helmet as separate models.

I'm guessing so that the other helmets wouldn't be selectable. But I call BS on that too. I so want to use the various armors but the helmets prevent that from happening.

I'd like the Collector Armor/Weapon/whatever but for some reason I couldn't get that promotion site to let me have it, I kept getting the Umbra Visor. Anyone know how to do it?

kinoki said:
I'm guessing so that the other helmets wouldn't be selectable. But I call BS on that too. I so want to use the various armors but the helmets prevent that from happening.
yeah, they could have just had the helmet selectable, on or off for just that one armor piece

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
While it's such a dumb little detail. The omission of helmet removal is one of the things that most pissed me off about this game.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nils said:
While it's such a dumb little detail. The omission of helmet removal is one of the things that most pissed me off about this game.

Norman said that it's because the armors were modeled as a single piece, so they can't take off the helmets. Kind of an oversight anyway, but oh well.

Piper Az

Nils said:

You mean for a specific armor? You can always change headgear for conventional armor setup.

Rad- said:
Okay, this DLC shotgun just redeemed shotguns in this game. Nicely powerful, fun to use.

I think I'll be taking shotgun training for my Sentinel instead of AR. Good thing I saved just before I had to choose.

pmj

Insanity is hard in places, and not in the harsh but fair way. From not having any trouble whatsoever, I suddenly find myself stuck on recruiting Archangel in the big room where you need to close some shutters, and I think pretty much only luck will get me through.

Ammo is a huge problem, I run out all the time. The enemies never end, and still you need to move forward. And the loading times at death are way too long. I don't think I have the patience for this.

New Game + is meh in this game compared to some others.

There should be an option to just keep all my minerals + upgrades + weapons + squad points + Paragon/Renegade alignment + etc. I just want to power through the game multiple times without having to worry about repurchasing/researching all the upgrades again.

Zzoram said:
I don't think it's just a fling, that would be Jack. After the end game, I can call Kelly up to my room where she'll dance for me, lay in bed with me, or sit on my lap.

Did you romance anybody else during the game? I figured Kelly was a sort of "half" romance and that I could romance other characters at the same time.

Kolgar said:
I think the best you can do is get her to come up for dinner.
There's a cut-scene where she comes in late to her post and tells Shepard how she hasn't stayed up so late since college.
But then, I was using a FemShep at the time.

Yeah, I had this scene, so I figured it was a lock to get her to come up to my room afterward. Maybe it cancels out if you have another relationship going though.

I did notice that flirting around with Kelly doesn't
ruin your relationship with Liara though... picture frame still up after all ;)

Cetra

Pretty lame the Ceberus armor doesn't let you remove the helmet. Technical limitations or not. Though at the same time, something about Shepard running around with a Cerberus logo on her suit is just wrong. :lol

Another thing I just noticed, seems the Cerberus armor gives Femshep a double mastectomy. o_o;

Docpan

The font in this game is unbearably tiny and gives me a headache. Major oversight by Bioware, and I'm not even playing on an SDTV.

I wish there could be a menu that allows you to start from the beginning of any mission in the game. I can't see any reason why there shouldn't be, considering that the game is already split up into a bunch of distinct mission locations.

Cep

Banned
ColonelColon said:
I wish there could be a menu that allows you to start from the beginning of any mission in the game. I can't see any reason why there shouldn't be, considering that the game is already split up into a bunch of distinct mission locations.

There is something like that.

It is called saving.

Jrmint

neojubei said:
Wish there was an area in the ship to test wepons or engage in combat simulations.
That would be freaking awesome, like a holodeck or something! Do want Bioware!
Doubt they read neogaf.

I'm not sure how I feel about that new Cerberus armor yet. In the armor screen it looked a little bit bulky, hopefully it looks better in action.

Also, I saw someone said the new Shotgun is really good. How is the range on it, much better than the others or only marginal?

Docpan said:
The font in this game is unbearably tiny and gives me a headache. Major oversight by Bioware, and I'm not even playing on an SDTV.

Huh? The text size is fine to me. But I play on a 50" Kuro and have 20/20 vision.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Skel said:
That would be freaking awesome, like a holodeck or something! Do want Bioware!
Doubt they read neogaf.

I'm not sure how I feel about that new Cerberus armor yet. In the armor screen it looked a little bit bulky, hopefully it looks better in action.

Also, I saw someone said the new Shotgun is really good. How is the range on it, much better than the others or only marginal?

I'm playing around with the shotgun and armor on my male vanguard. Shotgun is awesome and has a far better feel than the others, imo. Armor is very bulky. Doubt I'll use it. I really don't see myself using any of the other armors due to the ugly helmets until they've solved toggling them off.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
MWS Natural said:
Huh? The text size is fine to me. But I play on a 50" Kuro and have 20/20 vision.

Text size is perfectly fine to me too, I'm only playing on a 32 inch from about 9 feet away. Though, the subtitle text is really distracting. Not sure what it is, but if I have subtitles turned on I get a headache and have to force my eyes to not look at the subtitles constantly.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
pedr0theli0n said:
do you need a gold membership for the cerberus network? my xbox live ran out about a month ago, and I'm trying not to renew it...
You don't need Gold to access the Cerberus Network.
brandonh83 said:
I'd like the Collector Armor/Weapon/whatever but for some reason I couldn't get that promotion site to let me have it, I kept getting the Umbra Visor. Anyone know how to do it?
You're using the Social and not the Dr.Pepper Promo site right? Have you tried calling EA? They can fix the issue if you give them you're account info and the code.

dejan

So what's the status on the Hammerhead dlc? Is it too early to call it ME2's pendant to the Return to Ostagar fiasco?

JayDubya said:
Didn't see this.

The reason I said what Mordin claims is being "artful" is this... (and I don't think Bioware just dropped the ball and directly contradicted themselves).

He keeps saying fertility rates: to paraphrase, "Oh, we didn't kill anyone, we just altered fertility rates."

Statistical "fertility rates" only account for live births. The genophage doesn't prevent krogan fertilization, it causes birth defects in most krogan offspring, making them non-viable at birth. Before the genophage, certainly, some small percentage of krogan would have been developed those defects, say x%; after the intervention, something like 99% of krogan young are non-viable.

So yeah, the genophage kills 99-x% of all krogan offspring.

With Urdnot Wrex's strategy going forward, there's going to be a large pile of dead krogan infants outside his centralized female camp, and this is just something they have to press through in order to try to survive as a species at all.

I suppose it's up to the player to determine whether or not it was neccessary; I'm just showing why it's evil, and why on playthroughs where I'm mostly just roleplaying myself, why my Shep argues that the Turians and Salarians responsible were unforgivably wrong.

What about the fact that the Krogans were breeding at an absolutely unsustainable rate? Krogans were having hundreds of children per family. As per the barter world (can't remember the name of it), they managed such birth rates even on crappy planets - much less nice habitable planets.

Krogans are horribly uncivilized. Although one may see it as being 'wrong' to have the genophage, extermination of the race was the only other option. Its like an allegory for the US nuking Japan- there were only two horrible options to choose. Both resulted in the destruction of a lot of people, but one offered some sembalance of hope.

In an ideal world, Krogan would become more civilized like their pre-nuclear winter people, and bring themselves out from the genophage with civilized birth rates.

careful

neojubei said:
Wish there was an area in the ship to test wepons or engage in combat simulations.
Yeah I would love that. Just a virtual training room where the terrain/cover is randomized and you have infinite waves of random enemies being simulated. You could face collectors mixed with Geth mixed with mercs, etc. Allow to switch squad members on the fly. Would be awesome.

Rikyfree

I just bought this for pc and my brother decides that he's getting it for 360 as well. I'm soooo gonna play the crap out of this game! BTW I <3 Tali. Sorry, Chloe Frazer from U2, you just got replaced as my favorite virtual girl.

neojubei said:

Ducarmel said:
they need to release dlc that give more alts to your crew.

We just need more of anything post game. Bioware should have atleast anticipated our wants after the awesomeness they provided. It's really a shame they didn't have more substantial dlc waiting that moves the main story along a bit. I'd like to see that. Something more akin to what bethesda did with FO3 expansion content.

Kolgar

Still can't say enough good things about this game.

Just hit level 28 after 42 hours. I finished the main story several hours ago with a Paragon FemShep I love.

Should I take her back through this game, change to a male Shepard, or perhaps replay ME1 with a male Shep and import him into ME2 for my next playthrough?

I'd like to see what I missed with Miranda, but I'm not sure it's worth enduring the inferior voice acting.

Wiggum2007

Late game question: I'm about to start the
Legion recruitment/derelict reaper mission
. Will I miss out on any special dialogue if I don't bring Tali?

Wiggum2007 said:
Late game question: I'm about to start the
Legion recruitment/derelict reaper mission
. Will I miss out on any special dialogue if I don't bring Tali?
I'd bring her regardless -
you're going to be facing tons of synthetic enemies...

Dan Yo

Banned
It would be neat if helmets would open up when you begin a conversation. Perhaps collapse off your face in a manner similar to the way the guns collapse.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dan Yo said:
It would be neat if helmets would open up when you begin a conversation. Perhaps collapse off your face in a manner similar to the way the guns collapse.

I've made a thread request on the official BioWare/EA forums. Its a complaint felt by basically everyone, to the point where many (like myself) dont even want to use the full body armor because it covers up our heads.

I doubt BioWare will bother to fix the problem for current armor, but they need to fix it for when the innevitable expansion hits with new armor. Its so stupid.

Lothars

EatChildren said:
I've made a thread request on the official BioWare/EA forums. Its a complaint felt by basically everyone, to the point where many (like myself) dont even want to use the full body armor because it covers up our heads.

I doubt BioWare will bother to fix the problem for current armor, but they need to fix it for when the innevitable expansion hits with new armor. Its so stupid.

Agreed, I have all the DLC armors but refuse to use them because they don't show the faces but even so I am glad I have the armors anyway.

Dan Yo

Banned
EatChildren said:

It would be nice if a solution similar to the one I mentioned were implemented because then I would use some of the cooler looking N7 armor helmets as well. Unlikely something like that would be patched in for the current game but it would be nice to see something like that in the next one.

Arde5643

Why didn't anyone tell me that adept was so much fun?

Everyone keeps saying that adepts are nerfed to hell in ME2, but damnit, singularity is so much fun to use. :D

By the end of a big battle I usually have about at least 2 singularities still in place. :lol

And oh yeah, which one's better? Wide or heavy singularity? With how fast I can cast singularities, it seems the heavy one might actually be more fun to use.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just finished the IFF mission and about to seemingly head into the endgame stuff. Am I screwed on getting
Legion to join my party and do his companion quest? I didn't talk to him on the ship when I recruited him yet and now I am seemingly maybe on a no-return path towards Omega 4...:(

Ducarmel

Revelations said:
We just need more of anything post game. Bioware should have atleast anticipated our wants after the awesomeness they provided. It's really a shame they didn't have more substantial dlc waiting that moves the main story along a bit. I'd like to see that. Something more akin to what bethesda did with FO3 expansion content.

Speaking of fallout I bet pc gamers would have a field day with mod support. Too bad bioware dropped the ball on that with ME.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
This game is dying for more optional planetside missions. What is there only ten total? They are all so tiny too, some didn't seem to last as long as the loading screens for them did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom